SOC Image

SOC

SOC wird nicht auf 100 gesynct

Hi mein SOC wird nicht auf 100% gestellt.

Da ich LiFePo4 Batterien habe, habe ich eine max Spannung von 27.6 volt eingestellt.
Die Batterie ist voll also auch kein Strom der in die Batterie geht und trotzdem geht der SOC nicht auf 100%

[image]

[image]

Was mache ich falsch?

EDIT:

Habe nun etwas rumgestellt aber kein erfolg.

[image]

mryoshii asked
dirkvongracefacrory commented ·

3 Answers

Multiplus II GX 5000 SOC jumping to 100% with no reason , batteries nowhere near full

[image]

[image]

As per title , this happens at least once a week from what I can tell.

This morning , it has just jumped from 73% to 100% , solar PV only just started kicking in , system voltage is way below still at 53.80 volts , absorbtion is set for 55.70 on MPPT controllers and in Multiplus is set to assume 95% SOC at 55.70 volts.

Any ideas?

I have just downloaded the data in excel where it confirms this as well.

Please see attached screenshots

teloth asked
dc4me commented ·

1 Answer

VRM - Remote Console can't see SOc Pylontech Force L1

Hello everyone,

I connected a Pylontech Force L1 tot a Victron Cerbo GX.

As soon as the cables are plugged into "BMS Can" I see in the Remote Control Device list a Pylontech battery but the SOC, voltage and Amps are all 0 .

Any ideas why the Cerbo can't display the values?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David

davidvm asked

0 Answers

Only alerting for SOC Alarm for Low SOC, not high SOC

I want to add a low SOC alarm, but it seems to require a high SOC alarm too. I don't want constant alarms about the batteries being in a good state, just when they are lower than I prefer and might not be paying attention. Thanks, Bill

bigbillsd asked
bigbillsd commented ·

1 Answer

SmartShunt SOC synchronization with SmartSolar MPPT

I know! This question have been asked before, and I think I have read every answer twice...and I am still not able to get my system to behave as I want.

System consists of 2x24V 100Ah LiFoPo4 batteries wired in parallel, SmartShunt, SmartSolar Charger MPPT 100/50, MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-32, Cerbo GX and some other bits that are not important here.

I tried to configure the SmartShunt as per. the manual:

Charge Voltage: 26,7 ( SmartSolar float - 0,3v)

Tail Current: 2%

Charged detection time: 3 minutes

But this resulted in SOC resetting to 100% every morning when the SmartSolar started charging.

Based on the description of what the parameters does, and the graphs I could pull from vrm, I then tried to set the charge voltage to 28V and lowered the detection time to 2 min. But now the SOC does not reset even when the SmartSolar is done charging.

Below are graphs of such a scenario:

[image]

I do not understand why the SOC was not reset to 100% when the voltage was >28V and amperage was close to zero for many minutes?

Settings for the SmartShunt are:

[image]

Settings for the SmartSolar are:

[image]

I hope you guys can help here, because I don't understand it :)

bomadsen asked
kevgermany commented ·

1 Answer

Victron EV charging station + ESS configuration possibilities

Hi guys, this may be a question for the Victron team. I am looking to purchase the new EV charging station, but i have some questions on how it can be configured together with a grid bound ESS system, i could not determine the answer myself on the available documentation or video.

This i was able to find: In automatic mode it will only use excess energy when the home battery is fully charged, and in off grid systems it is possible to set a minimum SOC for the home battery.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to set a minimum SOC for the home battery in a grid bound ESS system before the EV charger kicks in? For example, when the ESS minimum SOC is lets say 20% before getting power from the grid, can the minimum SOC for the EV charger be set at 50% at the same time? In this case the EV charger would use the home battery from 100% to 50%, and the remaining 50% to 20% would be reserved for domestic use at night. Would the EV charger stop using the home battery at set SOC, and only solar power afterwards?

2. A follow up question. Would it then be possible to set the maximum power drain from the home battery? Lets say while charging the EV, it will use all available solar, and only XXX watts from the home battery? This so some reserve power is available for domestic use without having to use the grid.

Thanks!

Michael

michaelvh asked
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

9 Answers

Smart Shunt SOC readings at low discharge rates

Am I right that due to the Peukert formula the Smart Shunt reported state of charge (SOC) for low discharge rates will fall more slowly than the reported Ah discharged would suggest?

I added a SmartShunt 500A/50mV to keep better tabs on my sealed lead acid battery bank.

I've noted most nights SOC does not drop as much as Ah discharged suggests it should. Overnight discharge rate is low (~2 A from a 380 Ah battery bank), so in the vicinity of C200 rather than C20.

e.g. I see Ah suggest SOC should have dropped 6-7% when the SOC indicator drops by only 3-4%.

Current settings:

[image]

Looking at my battery's specifications the Peukert Exponent works out to 1.13, somewhat lower than the default value of 1.25. These are telco/data centre backup SLA batteries and a Peukert value of 1.13 seems to gel (pun intended) with such batteries (not accounting for any temperature or age factors).

Might try a Peukert exponent of 1.13 and see what effect that has.

As an aside, working out the Peukert exponent made me recheck my battery's specifications, and the rated Ah is at the C10 rate with discharge down to 1.80 V/cell.

The C20 Ah rating is 11.5% higher than that.

So based on a C20 rating my battery bank would be 424 Ah, not 380 Ah. Interesting.

wattmatters asked
JohnC commented ·

2 Answers

SoC difference smartshunt / multiplus 12/1600/70

On my newly installed multiplus 12/1600/79 and the smartshunt connected to a LiFePO4 house battery. Both read two different SoC. Example when the multiplus is at 100% the smartshunt read 88%. Both are starting at 100%. I got 300W PV connected. I tried the most obvious, to synchronize when the battery is at 100%.

Anyone knows what happening and perhaps know how to get same SoC readout on both.

BR

nielsen asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Dynamic cut-off voltage settings of Victron Energy LiFePo4 Smart

I'm using ESS assistant configured using VEConfig on Phoenix Multi Compact 24/800/16-16 and 25.6V (2x12.8V, 160 Ah, Victron Energy LiFePo4 Smart) battery storage with VE.Bus BMS. When discharging the battery, ESS shuts off the system and transfers battery into "sustain" mode around 20-30% SOC (using BMV 702 battery monitor), depending on the load. I understand that dynamic cut-off controls the maximum discharge level of the battery, but I would like to use additional (rated or near-rated) capacity of the battery. I'm currently using default settings for dynamic cut-off voltages in ESS assistant that are already preconfigured when installing ESS assistant.

My question is, what should I set in ESS assistant for dynamic cut-off voltages to reach 0% (or lower than 20%) SOC in operation? What are the minimum voltage settings that I should use? I cannot find any minimum/recommended values in documentation.

pletexmatt16 asked
smart-home answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo/Venus GX - Set maximum charge level, e.g. 90 % SOC

Hello together,

my config is:
- 3x Multiplus 5000
- 3x MPPT 250/100
- Cerbo GX
- BYD LVL 15.4
- 45 x Sunrise Energy SR-M660340HL -> 15,3 kWp

- In plan: Fronius Symo on AC-Out

Here is my question:
I would like to limit the maximum charge level. For example, to 90% SOC. I can not find this setting in cerbo gx. Is it possible that this setting does not exist at all? Why? Many other manufacturers have this option. I think this would be a good option to save the battery in the summer. Since peaks occur here from time to time. And the battery is loaded beyond its limit. Especially if you plan to add another inverter. Even if this adheres to the 1.0 rule. Here it would be better if the battery still had reserves. And from time to time, the battery could charge to 100% to balance the cells.

Are there any efforts on the part of Victron Energy here?

Thanks for help.

greetings from germany
from an enthusiastic Victron user
Schaka

schaka asked
kevgermany answered ·

2 Answers

How to limit SOC while being connected to grid

Boat: Quattro+CCGX+Lithium+Genset+Happy captain

When running generator on auto start (from CCGX), I can set CCGX to which SOC genset shall start and stop. Hence I can keep batteries always between f.ex. 20%-80% in order not to stress the batteries.

How can I set the same limitation when connected to shore? You know, like my Tesla, it strongly recommends not to charge over 90% in daily use to preserve battery life. The solution, if there is any, should be easy to override, as you once in a while suddenly want to charge to 100% again.

(The problem is the same with the boat engine, but with my 1000Ah lithium bank the engine rarely achieves 100% anyway.)

piraya asked
baard commented ·

2 Answers

Why would the SOC in my BMS be different to what is in my Victron CGX display?

Hi. I lost AC power this morning at 1.30am. No heavy loads running and the typical ambient draw at night is around 12A so a bit over 100W. The notification was a Voltage Overload error and the house bank inverter state was Fail. Turning the Quattro off and on again cleared the fault.

I have two propulsion banks, port & stbd, each with 2 x 48V/5KW inverters in parallel and a 48V/540Ah battery bank. Typically, I have one of them charging the 12V/900Ah battery bank (that has another quattro, 12V/5KW) and keeping it at float. However, I noticed the 12V bank was at 13.9V at charging at 41A with the display SOC reading 100%. I turned off the propulsion bank to stop the charge and let the 12V house bank get us through the night. All batteries are LiFePO4.

At a more sociable hour this morning, I connected to the BMS (Orion Jr) and looked at the settings, which is when I noticed SOC reading was 84% but the Victron display was 94% (about 8hrs after we lost power and I switched to the house bank). This got me wondering whether the BMS didn't stop the charge because it thought the SOC was much lower than it was despite the voltage being over the float voltage of 13.5V.

This is probably more of an Orion BMS question really (I've emailed Orion already) but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue of SOC differences on the Victron display and the BMS and what the solution was.

eyacht asked

0 Answers

Victron Smart battery

I'm running 2 200Ah Victron Smart Battery in my system.

I'm charging then to 70% but someone told me i need to charge them up to 100% to balance the cells now and then, like ones every month.

Is that needed?

Carl asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

How to understand SOC

I have a Zamp solar controller feeding LiFePo batteries. Multiplius 3000 inverter charger and a bmv700 connected to display/bluetooth. While offgrid, i turn on multiplus when required (microwave, coffee, etc) and state of charge slowly drops with usage. While unit is off, solar charge recharges batteries to 90-100% (as reported by bmv700), however, when i next turn on multiplus for use its state of charge is still at previous lower value and continues to drop with each additional usage state. Should i unplug the bmv700 display monitor and instead connect bmv700 directly to multiplus to get valid state of charge between units (Perhaps upgrade bmv700 to 712 Or ungrade solar controller to victron mPPT smart contoller?) When shore power is available for charging every thing seems normal but when off grid i’m afraid multiplus will continue showing lower discharge state until it reaches cutoff value and shuts down even though state is reasonably charged from solar.

ste7of1 asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

2 Answers

SmartShunt no SOC on Cerbo

I have a SmartShunt connected to 6 lead-acid 6v batteries in a 2s3p config. SmartShunt with updated firmware, installed in April 2022, SmartShunt shows SOC in VictronConnect on iOS via Bluetooth. Added a CerboGX in May 2022 with current firmware. CerboGX does NOT show SOC. When I looked at the network config of the SmartShunt in VictronConnect it shows it is sending voltage and current data but that's all. I assume it needs to show that it's sending SOC or the CerboGX won't be able to display SOC. How do I add SOC to the data the SmartShunt is sending over VE.direct. I also have a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100|20 connected via VE.direct and I'm getting what I want from it. Since adding the CerboGX I've only discharged to 98% and back up to 100%, I don't think I need a full cycle since I can already see SOC value in VictronConnect app so obviously the SmartShunt has figured out SOC.

[image]

seafur asked
seafur answered ·

3 Answers

347 Posts
308 Users
7 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
Sabrina
0 Points