battery charging Image

battery charging

ajout ESS sur installation avec Ohmpilot et zéro injection

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai une installation de 6kWc qui fonctionne en "Zéro Injection", monophasé. Elle est en réseau "MODBUS RTU" . Elle comporte uniquement des appareils de marque Fronius :

¤ Un GALVO 3.0-1 ( onduleur esclave )

¤ Un PRIMO 3.6-1 ( onduleur maître )

¤ Un Fronius Ohmpilot qui utilise une partie du surplus pour le chauffe-eau

¤ Un compteur intelligent Fronius "63A - 1" en tête du tableau électrique

Il me reste une bonne quantité d’énergie que je voudrais stocker et utiliser en dehors de l'ensoleillement.

Je voudrais y ajouter :

¤ "Multiplus 2" de 3000 VA

¤ 2 batteries 48V de 2.5 kW

Il faudra sûrement ajouter un compteur / ou capteur de courant Victron ?

Comment brancher ces appareils pour rester en "Zéro injection" et pour que les batteries ne servent pas à chauffer l'eau.

Dans l'ordre, les priorités que je voudrais avoir:

1/ Consommation directe

2/ Chauffe eau

3/ Charge des batteries

4/ Hors soleil, utiliser l’énergie des batteries

Je remercie tous ceux qui peuvent m'aider sur ce sujet. Et si possible les utilisateurs de ce type de fonctionnement.

Très cordialement.

pinpin asked
pinpin commented ·

3 Answers

Charging lithium whit alternator

Hallo

Im looking a way to ad one more altenator to charge a 10x 200AH 24V bank.

My goal is to get at least 120A on 24 V from it, but cant find a curent limiter or dc-dc charger so big that it will do the job.

I dont want puting 20 of orions for that 2 altenators ( 2 engines), so im looking for single device it can do that.

Money is not a problem, just to have some simpliest and solid solution.

Any advice will be good.

P.s. there is 2 banks of agm motor battery for preventing a spikes if bms cut of servis.

neki asked
neki answered ·

2 Answers

Grid feeding Problem

Hi to everybody willing to help me!

I have a Problem:

My setup:
Multiplus II
two Chargecontrollers connectetd VE Direct to a
Cerbo GX
EM24 Meter.

When I switch on the Grid power and the Multiplus starts feeding into the Grid, everything breaks down.
The Energy is flowing in every direction, back and forth from the battery and the MPII is jumping Power up and down. (If I am only drawing power from the grid everything is fine)

Also the LEDs on the chargecontrollers are blinking and it is switchin nonstop between Bulk and float mode.

If I disconnect one chargecontroller from the CerboGx everything is suddenly fine!
(Although the chargecontroller ist still delivering power and it is fed to the grid)

Where should I start looking? Everythink is updated and works great if
A) The grid is connected and the feed grid is disabeld
B) VE Direct cabel is not connected to the larger Chargecontroller.

Thank you!

testor90 asked
marekp commented ·

5 Answers

Slow battery charging

I work in a hospital in Mulanje (Malawi). We have recently connected 6 Quattro (6x15kW) with 6 Fronius Symo (6x15kW) AC-coupled. We have 6 battery banks (29 batteries in total). Each bank has a BMV and battery capacity of 500Ah (5x100Ah). 1 bank is different with 400Ah (4x100Ah). It is in Malawi not allowed to feed back to the grid. The system is running pretty good but we are dealing with the next issue.

When there is not enough solarpower to provide the load of the hospital and to charge the batteries the system is not using the grid to charge the batteries. For example we have a powercut and the batteries will be discharged until 8% and the powercut is over it will not start charging the batteries from the grid to the minimum SOC set in the ESS. Also not when i enable the setting 'keep battery charged'. Only when there is enough solarpower it will use the batteries to store the load. what can i do to change this? See pictures for more info. Thanks in advance.

[image]

[image]

mmh asked
marekp edited ·

3 Answers

Voltage spikes with MPPT near absorbtion. DC to DC also having issues at absorbtion.

In my van I have a 100W solar panel feeding a Victron MPPT 75/15 which feeds a 100A SOK lithium battery. Also wired to the same battery I have a Victron 12/12 30A DC DC isolated charge controller, not grounded to chasis, just wired + and - to my car battery.

I don't seem to ever have problems when the battery is lower and it's in bulk charge. Sometimes when the battery is near or in absorption stage, usually in full sun, and oftentimes right after starting up my engine which kicks on the charge controller I will hear my inverter beep every few seconds over and over and it will say HI, meaning high voltage. This also sometimes happens with the engine off in full sun. The Victron app will log spikes up around 17-18 volts. In the app it will show watts bouncing from the low digits to over 50W along with the beeps. If I turn my MPPT off the voltage spikes stop. This is always in full sun with no clouds.

3 screenshots of the same instance, zooming in

[image]

[image]

[image]

another couple of instances

[image]

[image]

[image]

The other issue I notice is that when my DC DC charger hits absorption the AMPs feeding my battery constantly fluctuate dramatically. This corresponds with my engine revving up and down at idle. If I turn the DC DC charger off the revving stops.

Could it be that I have both a bad MPPT charger and a bad DC to DC charger? the DC DC charger was purchased as being already opened box but the MPPT was new. I'm suspecting maybe it could have something to do with my SOK battery since I'm having issues with both charge controllers, but I'm hoping someone with more expertise could chime in and enlighten me. I have settings for both set to the standard lithium settings. Thanks for reading!

adam-dobbs asked
ramouz answered ·

4 Answers

Stuck on Float Voltage in ESS

After monitoring VRM since installing ESS I've noticed that my Bat and Charging voltage never reaches absorption voltages. My absorption volage is 57.6v, Float is 54.4v (AGM) as configured on the Multi. In ESS, SOC is 85% (Min and actual.) I also have two scheduled charges. One charge begins at the tail-end of usable PV late in the day, overlapping the last bit of sun (to capture some PV so as to limit some of the draw from the grid when charging.) This charge ends roughly 6 hrs later around 1:00 AM EST at which point I am inverting for 6 hrs, until the sun comes up. Both scheduled charges have SOC limit reached unchecked so that it stays in the charging cycle, intentionally, to keep the Multi from slipping back into inverting.

Other ESS settings that might be pertinent, Optimized Mode with Battery Life, DC-Coupled Feed-in with Limit 0W.

Even during the scheduled charges, mostly grid supplied, I never see more than the float voltage. Any thoughts as to what or why this is? @Alexandra perhaps you can comment as you are very knowledgeable on this area? :)

duswami asked
duswami commented ·

4 Answers

Which Relay assistant for Conditional AC, DV switching

I want to program some relays in the Multi II for conditional AC, DC usage instances and am confused as to which assistant/relay I should use, the programmable relays, general Flags or AC-related relays. The conditions I'm trying to set are as follows:

• If MAIN AC and SOC is greater than 98% and PV is greater than 100W then use PV for loads, when not enough PV use Bats to 75% SOC
  • If MAIN AC and BAT SOC less 75% PV Charges bats to 100% SOC and use 100% Grid for loads
  • If Main AC and PV is less than 100W then charge bats
  • If Main AC and no PV use Grid
  • If no Main AC and SOC is greater than 98% and PV is greater than 500W then use PV, when not enough PV use Bats to SOC 55%
  • If no Main AC and Bat SOC is less than 55% use PV to charge to 100% SOC, don’t use Bats for loads
  • If no Main AC and PV less than 500W charge batters to 100% SOC
  • If no Main AC and no PV Run loads on Bats to SOC 55%

* Note: in the instance of no MAIN AC, AC OUT 1 is the only source of AC to essential loads.

For PV conditions, should I use W or VDC? I'm more interested in utilizing the PV when requisite Watts are available as the system generates between 85-75 VDC between sunrise and sunset.

If anyone could kindly take me through an example routine step-by-step, or screenshot their own so I have a model to work off of I would appreciate it! Any tips, suggestions or helpful hints would be great too. Or, if there is an easier way or a better method to condense these to achieve the same result feel free to let me know. Not using ESS btw. Thanks! :)

duswami asked
duswami commented ·

2 Answers

Fluctuating under load

I have a 100/50. I have 4x 180 watt panels. I had them in parallel to minimize possible shading issues. They are on an RV. I wanted to see if now that I am in full sun for a while whether they would perform better in series. What I am finding is under heavy load the voltage jumps up, as it should but the amps won't "lock in". The watts wildly fluctuate from 10-300 watts. It will do this forever. I tested with the electric hot water. This never happened in parallel. Any ideas?

chris-kegel asked
chris-kegel answered ·

7 Answers

Caravan Battery equalization can this be done while still connected to 240 volt mains power

Caravan Battery equalization can this be done while still connected to 240 volt mains power ?

hollywood asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Significant voltage fluctuation during absorption phase - Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V VE.Bus

Need some help troubleshooting an issue that occurs during the absorption phase when charging from shore power using the multiplus. Everything works during the bulk phase, but when the batteries get to about 14.4v things start go haywire. Voltage goes up to about >15.5v then drops to 13.2v at 0 current. Every once in a while a current this keeps on going on and on. In the capture below there was 0 load on the 12v system with the MPPT and the Orion not receiving any current. See this example :

[image]

*** Note everything works perfectly when charging with the MPPT. Same charging parameters.

My setup is composed of the multiplus, lynx distributor, Ve.bus dongle, smart battery sense, interface mk3 usb, BMV-712, MPPT 100/50, orion tr 12/12 (charges the starter battery) and 4 SOK 206ah batteries.

The multiplus was setup with recommended settings using the mk3. I have also reset the multiplus to factory and reapplied the settings. Verified that there is very minimal voltage drop from batteries to multi. Here are some pictures of the setup.

[image]

[image]

[image]

kevin-murphy asked
trevor-bird commented ·

4 Answers

Batteries 92% absorption stage, battery voltage less than set absorption voltage

Hi,

I have set my Quattro II with 48V lead acid (4x12V) absorption voltage setting in VE.Configure to 57,60V.

System is now:

Charger on, absorption stage.

Battery voltage 52,36V

Current 0,00A

Shouldn't the battery voltage be the same as in settings 57,60? Or is this the voltage between absorption cycles during float?

VRM/GX says that Quattro is in Absorption stage, so I would assume that those cycles (spikes in repeated absorption) happen when it reaches float stage, which it has never done yet.

My main concern is that it won't charge it to 100% level, not sure where / how it calculates the charging level. But with 0,00A current it surely wont ever get there.

Br,

Juha

Juha Tuomala asked
kevgermany commented ·

3 Answers

How to connect Orion-Tr Smart 12/12 30a in parallel

Hi. I have one victron orion-tr 12/12 30a in my van and I'd like to install another to give me 60amps,total charging. Can anyone advice my how I'd need to wire the 2 units many thanks

moonhead911 asked
bathnm commented ·

4 Answers

Proper way to charge 12V bank from 48V bank ?

Hi Forum. This boat has 48V battery bank with some 12V loads that draw more than 30A. I was thinking of a Victron DC-DC converter, but doesn't it make more sense to use a DC battery charger to ensure that an absorption charge happens when necessary ? I'm curious what others recommend or do in such a situation ?

sven-nurber asked
ouk commented ·

2 Answers

Should MAX charge V in DVCC be Equalization Voltage

Need clarity on Max charge voltage is DVCC, would this be the max charging voltage spec of the battery, i.e. in my case 57.6V (Absorption voltage) or would it be the equalization voltage?

Also, the DVCC manual states "With the SmartShunt configured as a DC load monitor, maximum charge current configured at 50 Amps, and DC system shunt reports a draw of 25 Amps. Then the chargers are set to charge with 50 + 25 = 75 Amps. "

Since I have a SmartShunt as a DC load monitor, does the charger automatically make this calculation?

duswami asked
duswami commented ·

1 Answer

1725 Posts
792 Users
12 Followers

Topic Experts

Alexandra
526 Points
ascherg
0 Points