BMS Image

BMS

MultiPlus-II connection with Daly BMS / Daly Interface Board (WNT) via CAN?

Hello Together,

I'm trying since a week or so to connect my MultiPlus-II GX wthy my BMS, which is an Daly 16s 48V 250A BMS. It has communication interface (RS485/CAN) and I set it with the PC-Monitor Software to VICTRONENERGY/CAN. I have also the Daly Interface Board (WNT) that they set to Victron Protocol, as they said, before they send it to me.

This is how my Setup looks like:

[image]

I also created an customized RJ45 Cable for VE.CAN so they communicate together correctly:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VE.CAN Side <-> DALY INTERFACE BOARD SIDE
Green/white GND 3 - 3 GND green/white
Brown CAN-L 8 - 4 CAN-L blue
Brown/white CAN-H 7 - 5 CAN-H blue/white
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I set in the Remote Console the VE.CAN to Other BMS and 500 kbit/s, in the Network status the packets are counting up correctly:

[image]

[image]

But there is no BMS in the device list or the battery monitor list:

[image]

This is how I set up the BMS:

[image]

There is an video on youtube where they demonstrate that it is possible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUpBq6-WklY

Has anyone managed to connect an Daly BMS to Victron via CAN? What do I need to do to get it work?

Here is the Datasheet of the Daly Interface Board (WNT):
DL-WNT-V1.0 datasheet of collection board.docx.pdf

Greetings Jack

panicman asked
xf2334 commented ·

3 Answers

Inverter switched off when CANBUS disconnected

Hello,

I have a Batrium BMS That is connected to the Cerbo gx using the CANBUS. The BMS has a an issue where it freezes for an undetermined amount of time then restarts normally. When it freezes for more than one minute (not sure the exact duration), my inverters turn off. As soon as the CANBUS data is back, the inverters turn on.
Is there a way to program a delay before the inverters turn off?

Salim Naufal asked
Salim Naufal answered ·

2 Answers

Is it possible to use Smart BMS CL 12V 100A just for alternator current limiting?

what i understood is this Smart BMS CL 12V 100A BMS has some kind of built in current limiting functionality based on the installed fuse.

so the question is can i use just this functionality of the device without using other bms features ?

or if i ask in another way, if i connect alternator input to an alternator and output to a battery or load, without bms bus related cables connected will it work and be able to limit the current at the output ?

if the answer is no to above question, is there a way to dummy the bms bus or a setting to turn of bms bus checking and work it without these features ?

ers asked
ers edited ·

2 Answers

Fuse for BMS balancing/controling wires( 16s chanel)

HI,

does any one knows, if i can /should add fuses to the 16S wires? if yes how big should the fuss be? 5A is ok?

tochal asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

1 Answer

Smart BMS CL 12V 100A with third party battery ?

My Renogy DC-DC battery charger (from alternator) has blown and I would like to replace it with Victron VE compatible devices. As best I can tell the Smart BMS CL 12V 100A would be a good choice but the manual states it is specifically designed for Victron BMS.

I have a Victron SmartShunt and Battery Monitor on the VE.bus to monitor battery performance.

Can I use the Victron Smart BMS with a non-Victron battery ?

gregferro asked
ers commented ·

2 Answers

VE Bus BMS v2 - switching On/Off via Victron Connect?

Hello, I've ordered but not yet installed the VE Bus Smart BMS v2 for the upgrade to Smart Lithium batteries.

The Datasheet-BMS-Overview mentions that this (Smart) BMS can be switched On/Off via bluetooth and the Victron Connect App. I was planning on fitting a switch across the H-L connectors, but this would be simpler! This feature is NOT mentioned in the VE Bus v2 Manual.

Can Victron confirm this feature is there? (Note that the Demo library of VC does not have the VE Bus BMS v2 to check out this feature).

thanks

jfm1712 asked
jfm1712 answered ·

2 Answers

Best 48v BMS

Hi everyone,

I am expecting a shipment of 16x280Ah prismatic LiFePO4 cells. It is my first experience with non-lead acid batteries. I understand that I need a BMS, but there is incredible selection and profound difference in cost between models. I currently have a Cerbo GX which I understand has two data busses, a CAN bus and a proprietary VE.bus. This paragraph is the entire sum of my BMS knowledge, +/-.

I want to find a BMS that integrates maximally with the Cerbo. I'm happy to pay for quality. I don't necessarily need it to be a "supported" solution by Victron, as long as it integrates well. In another group on DIY Powerwalls, Batrium seems to be the most popular name in BMS. Is anyone running a similar system to what I've described, with a Batrium BMS?

What other options do I have? I'm also impressed with REC-BMS, but it's very pricey. A couple other ones I've glanced at are 123Smart BMS, Tiny BMS, Chargery BMS and DIY BMS. Also Daly?

The two most important things to me are 1) safety and 2) integration with my Victron products. This will be a 16s, 48v (although it's not a strict design requirement) LiFePO4 battery with low-moderate current requirements (probably something like a 3000 watt inverter). Thanks for any input!

whafa asked
puitl answered ·

9 Answers

Buck Boost BMS lithium protection LiFePO4 config

Hello,

I'm preparing to replace Victron AGM deep cycle batteries with ULTIMATRON UL Smart BMS 12.8V.

I found this post while looking for any config adjustments needed in my Victron Buck Boost device. My question is, shouldn't the Victron BMS lithium protection on number 29 be activated when using LiFePO4 batteries regardless of the brand?

[image]

Thank you

malcolmxtc asked

0 Answers

Charger Communication Error

Hello,

I'm getting a charger communication error. Charger disconnects at night.

[image]

After then I reboot system, system shows me #67 error code and charger come back.

[image]

What can I do for this problem?

cagataysahinoglu asked
cagataysahinoglu commented ·

0 Answers

Consumed AmpHours (JKBMS) via Modbus always 0

Hi there, I am using my JK-BMS with my VernusOS(Rasp). The remote console of my venusOS shows me the device SerialBattery and within there I can see the BMS values correctly. Also in the VRM Portal I can see the values like the Consumed AmpHours. Even with the ssh command dbus-spy I can see the Con.AmH value...

But If I try to read this value using the register 845 (com.victronenergy.system) or 265 (com.victronenergy.battery) , it is always zero ...

Does anyone have an idea why the value is not exported through modbus?

lynckmeister asked
lynckmeister answered ·

1 Answer

Connecting 3x JKBMS to Cerbo possible?

Hi is it possible to connect 3x JKBMS to a Cerbo for BMS control?

At the moment i just connected them via BT (ESPHome) to HASS, but that just gives me alarms.

Would be nice to get slow down charging and other features as well.
I got three 8S Packs in Parallel. If it's not possible, maybe someone knows other ways to get it to work.

mryoshii asked
Phil Gavin answered ·

2 Answers

Orion-Tr Smart, VE.Direct and integration with GX devices?

Hey there, as I commented on the blog post,

"I'm curious if future versions will have VE.Direct or some sort of integration like that with GX devices? Currently, it seems that the MPPT and MultiPlus are able to coordinate their total charge rate with external BMS via the GX devices. But it seems that the Orion-Tr does not participate in this?"

I'm wondering if there's a way to integrate the Orion-Tr Smart chargers with the CCGX. In particular, as far as I understand, GX devices can coordinate with external BMS via CANBus to determine the charging parameters of a battery. It seems that the Victron MPPT and Victron MultiPlus can respect these limits via VE.Direct and VE.Bus respectively, which is great and a big reason why I bought this BMS and the suite of Victron product.

Now I'm considering purchasing Orion-Tr Smart chargers, however I noticed that they don't have any VE.Direct connectivity, or any other VE connectivity aside from the Bluetooth one. Is something like VE.Direct, VE.Bus or VE.Can planned? Will Orion-Tr Smart chargers integrate with GX devices?

aybabtme asked
Tien commented ·

21 Answers

PylonTech Force-L2 - 2 x 3 Module Stacks only seeing half the modules

Hi,

OK so I have 2 Stack of 3 PylonTech Batteries modules, Cerbo GX and a Multiplus II.

I have connected the batteries as per manual (Cerbo GX BMS CAN -> Port0 with Type A cable and Port1 to Port0 of second Stack). However It only reports 3 modules and the available capacity of 3 modules (222Ah).

[image]

I have connected to each stack independently and both independently report there 3 modules, implying both the BMS modules are working. However, when connected together they don't seem to want to collectively talk and report 6 Modules.

Unfortunately have no way to verify the firmware of the 2 BMS modules i.e. it is the same or if that even matters. Concerningly the sticker on the 2 BMS are different with a manufacture date 2 months apart so not that bad but they have defiantly changed something in that time. I have email Pylontech to see if there is a way to connect to check the firmware versions but so far, no reply.

Any suggestions / experiences of this?

Regards

Piers

bm97ppc asked
bm97ppc answered ·

6 Answers

lynx smart battery/BMS not bulk charging after sw update

after recent firmware update (smart battery and lynx smart bms)

the quattro (5000/24V) charging /DVCC goes almost straight away into “absorption” mode.

Batteries at ~80% SoC

cells all within 10mV

battery temperatures ok.

AC connected to quattro,

goes into bulk mode .. but for only ~60 seconds (Current >120A)

then falls back into “absorption “ (but 27V ) with current <100A and falling …..

this behaviour has started immediately after recent firmware update on BMS and smart batteries…

Input current is unrestricted, and DVCC set for “no current limit”

have also checked double quattro settings (via ve.bus /mk3 USB interface and Ve.connect) (its setup for 32A AC mains input and 200A Dc charging)

i cant find any method or way to get it to go into bulk mode?

sunnycoastgreg asked
Dani Pennington commented ·

1 Answer

VE.Direct non inverting cable current draw

I have a Victron VE.Bus BMS. I would like to connect the charge disconnect port on the BMS to both MPPTs via the VE.Direct connector on each MPPT. What is the current draw of the input side of the non-inverting cable? The BMS charge disconnect port can only source 10ma so is this possible or do I need to put some sort of buffer between the BMS and the two cables in order to supply enough current?

billp asked
billp edited ·

0 Answers

871 Posts
585 Users
7 Followers

Topic Experts