DVCC Image

DVCC

Can't turn of DVCC to balance Pylontech Cells

Hi Guys,

We had some strange high voltage (49,12V) alerts on a Pylontech battery set (6 x US2000C). 3 batteries were a few month's old and 3 new batteries.

We got some internal error's and high voltage alerts, so we contacted Pylontech technical support.

They told us the following:

"OK, please try the following method first:

1. Please use a DC charger with 53.2V and 2-3A to charge these battery together for over 8 hours. This will help balance the cell voltages. This is the best solution.

2. If you do not have a DC charger, please set the inverter in force charging mode for over 8 hours. This will also achieve the effect of cell voltage balance."

I wanted to go with option 2, so I can do it remotely..

Through remote VE configure, i changed the settings in the multi.

But the systems overwrites this... Because I can't turn off DVCC.

I don't think it's possible to do this another way?

So the only option I have is.
Go back to Venus OS 2.73 So I can turn off DVCC.

But the last to stored software versions are 2.87 and 2.85..

So I can't do that remotely? And I still have to go to the location to use a dc charger or use an sd card/usb to put software version 2.73 of venus os in the system.

Or am I missing something?

apacalipto asked
Alexandra commented ·

2 Answers

Should MAX charge V in DVCC be Equalization Voltage

Need clarity on Max charge voltage is DVCC, would this be the max charging voltage spec of the battery, i.e. in my case 57.6V (Absorption voltage) or would it be the equalization voltage?

Also, the DVCC manual states "With the SmartShunt configured as a DC load monitor, maximum charge current configured at 50 Amps, and DC system shunt reports a draw of 25 Amps. Then the chargers are set to charge with 50 + 25 = 75 Amps. "

Since I have a SmartShunt as a DC load monitor, does the charger automatically make this calculation?

duswami asked
duswami commented ·

1 Answer

Kein vernetzter Betrieb 100/50

Guten Tag

Ich habe dvcc aktiviert und mein Mppt regler per VE direkt Kabel am Cerbo angeschlossen. Nur wird er nicht erkannt und erscheint als stand alone. Woran kann das liegen?
Setup : multiplus 2000 12 v
Cerbo gx
Smart Mppt 100/50
Toch gx 50
Multi control
Victron 200 A smart battery
Smart BMS victron
Smart shunt 500A
Alle aktuellen Firmware Versionen, nur der multi hat noch 430.

[image]

razer05 asked
razer05 answered ·

7 Answers

Pylontech UP5000 not charging to 100%

Good afternoon all,

This is the first time I am using the pylontech UP5000 batteries and I cant get them to charge above 86%, or more specifically 51.53V. The system is a Cerbo, a Quattro, and the pylontech batteries.

[image]

[image]

This is not my first time setting up a Victron with the Pylontech batteries, and I thought it was pretty straightforward up until now.

I have been through https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

and all of my settings are exactly as they state here, with the exception of the DVCC.

It looks like the items on the Live page are outdated as the DVCC is now forced on. SVS is forced off, STS is forced off. (I have checked past installations and I see this is now true on all my installations)

In addition to the above the following settings are set:

Limit charge current: Off

Limit managed battery charge voltage: off

SCS : off.

[image]

I also have confirmed the battery and the Cerbo are communicating with the parameters coming through as expected. The BMS CAN is set up correctly and I have no errors.

[image]

Additionally, I see that the cell data is now available. I don't know if this is just a Cerbo thing or a UP5000 thing. But I think it's cool.

[image]

History:

When I first charged the battery it charged to 100%, which was at 51.53V. Over time that 100% has dropped to 86%.

What I suspect is that overtime the cells have balanced, which causes the 51.53V to equal a lower SOC. This is just my opinion and could be incorrect.

I dont know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do differently, or if I am missing anything. as at this point, I don't know how to get it to charge to 100%.

ewalderasmus asked
agroventuresperu answered ·

6 Answers

MultiPlus-II mit Akkupack von MustPower, China

Hat jemand Erfahrung, ob LP18-48200-16 (10kWh-LiFePO4-Block) per CAN-Bus mit einem MultiPlus-II gekoppelt werden können. Mit den Blocks von Pylontech geht das prima.

Danke!

rov asked

0 Answers

DVCC Maximum charge voltage - not working....

Hi,

In my boat I have the following Victron equipment:

Multiplus 12/1200/50-16
SmartSolar MPPT 100/15
BMV-712 monitor
Cerbo GX

Batteries:
3 x 100amps "oem" Lithium with built in BMS

I have activated DVCC on Cerbo GX because I want to limit charge voltage when boat is at dock connected to grid. Want to have the batteries between 60-80% SOC for better battery life. The problem is that the charger does not seem to limit the charge voltage at all. I have set it at 13.1 volt, but the charger continues to charge above this voltage. There is communication in place because if I set the charge current to 0 the charger stops charging (status remaining in bulk).

So the problem is that setting DVCC Max charge voltage does not take effect in Multiplus, and the charger charges the battery beyond set voltage.

Does anyone have any clue to what might be wrong?

Best regards
Baard Lindberg, Norway

baard asked
baard edited ·

2 Answers

DVCC charge current limit - Compensating for DC loads

I have an off-grid system with a 24v 90Ah battery bank, a 1600VA multi plus, 2 100/50 MPPTs, a BMV, a CCGX and a large DC load (up to 90A). I want to limit the charge current to 45A. In the CCGX manual the DVCC section states that the DVCC current limit doesn't account for DC loads. I was wondering if there is any work around for this. The system will also have a PLC with capabilities to communicate using Modbus TCP and I open to implementing a custom control algorithm on the PLC if needed.

Will Clarke asked
mi-roberth answered ·

2 Answers

DVCC: "Max Charge Voltage" not considered when ESS in "keep batteries charged" mode?

Dear all,

I'm using ESS on a Multiplus 2. I've gone already to related posts in:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/11225/dvcc-and-pylontech-battery.html
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/16064/battery-monitor512-alarm-high-voltage-alarms-victr.html
and I've configured the system according to: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

My Problem:

When I operate ESS in "keep batteries charged" mode, I get "High DC ripple" Alarms and "High Voltage" Alarms leading to shut down the Multiplus at high solar yields (as already described in other posts), even though I've set the "Max Charge Voltage" in DVCC to 51,7 or even less.
Observing the local terminal, I can see charging current although the battery voltage is above 51,7.

When I operate ESS in "Optimized with Battery life" mode, I don’t get Alarms nor shut downs. At the local terminal I can see even discharge currents in case the battery voltage exceeded the limit set in DVCC (after changing from "keep batteries charged" to "Optimized with Battery life" mode).

From what I've seen it appears to me DVCC limits are being not obeyed when operating ESS in "keep batteries charged" mode?

Anyone having similar problems respectively is there any solution to stable- and reliably run ESS in "keep batteries charged" mode ?

BR Andreas

My HW configuration is:

• Multiplus-II 48/3000/35-32
  • Venus GX Firmware: v2.73
  • 4 x Pylontech US2000C Firmware: v2.7
  • SMA SunnyBoy on AC-Out 1

andreas-0676 asked
andreas-0676 commented ·

2 Answers

Impossible? How can I achieve my charging goal in a Camper Van?

Good Morning community.

Apparently my requirement is very exotic, at least I can't find a solution for it.

But first my equipment:

• Campervan with DIY Lithium battery (Winston LiFeYPo4 cells), ECS-BMS, separate charging and discharging branch, each with Victron Battery-Protect for UVP on OVP protection
  • BMV-712 Smart as battery monitor with temperature sensor attached to the Battery
  • SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 Charger
  • Cerbo-GX connected to the BMV and MPPT via VE-Direct cable
  • DVCC function is active

So what is my goal? quite simple: charge the battery and then use available solar power for the current power consumption.

Unfortunately I can't get any further here. The charging process goes well with my settings up to about 90% SOC, but then the MPPT goes into the float phase and the battery is discharged again. Due to the property of lithium battery, the rebulk voltage will not be reached...

How can I configure the system so that the MPPT delivers the current power consumption and keeps the battery on the SOC until there is no longer enough solar energy available?
I hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

Christian

Christian Lindermann asked
Christian Lindermann commented ·

3 Answers

RS Inverter and DVCC

Does the RS Inverter 48/6000 support DVCC ?

pvittali asked
Alexandra commented ·

2 Answers

DVCC, Multiplus and MPPT

Hi

There have been similar posts but not really answered my concerns. I have 2 x MPPT, BMV712 and Originally IP43 charger, these were all connected using VE.Smart Networking.

I have 2 x MPPTs as I use one for the integral Solar Panels and the second allows me to add additional portable solar panels when static for a period of time (e.g. a show). Using VE.Start Networking it allows the MPPTs to synchronously charge batteries from both.

I have a GX device fitted now and my understanding is that you can't use both VE.Smart Networking and GX devices, which is fine in principal, why would you, also now have Multiplus installed.

My question really is, with the VE.Smart Networking disabled and the GX device set for DVCC, I have noticed on more than one occasion a disparity between devices, one MPPT showing on GX console as being in absorption, the other being in float or the Multiplus being in storage/bulk/absorption.

My assumption, incorrectly is that all these devices will be synchronised and charge stages managed by the GX device, they should all be in one or other stages but in unison, charge rates managed based on SOC, temperature etc by the GX device. Especially all devices are actively charging which can often be a scenario

thoughts please

Rgds

southsideph asked
JohnC commented ·

2 Answers

Looking for a definitive answer on 3rd party (non smart) LiFePO4 and DVCC

I have searched high and low on this forum to determine if I can use DVCC with 3rd party, non smart LiFePO4 batteries. The manual is vague in this regard and answers to similar questions here are often conflicting or inconclusive.

My batteries have their own built in BMS with no user programming functionality. I have a Cerbo GX and 2 x Multiplus 12/120/3000 inverter / chargers set up in split phase with a charge profile set appropriately.

If the answer is no, would you mind explaining what disqualifies this type of battery? I have it set up this way right now and everything seems fine but I'm concerned that I might be missing something.

Thanks in advance!

jefffay asked
jefffay commented ·

1 Answer

DVCC not compensating for inverter

DVCC is limiting charge current according to settings however it does not compensate for the consumption of a Smart Phoenix Inverter 24V 2000VA 230V. I've installed an 230V electric boiler and was hoping to get hot showers when the sun is abundant without overcharging the AGM batteries.

Firmware is up to date, how can I troubleshoot this DVCC related issue? Venus OS v2.66 is running on a Raspberry Pi.

[image]

[image]

Both MPPT's are externally controlled according to the remote console and part of a VE.Smart network;

[image]

[image]

DVCC settings;

[image]

[image]

pruik asked
pruik answered ·

5 Answers

New batteries installed: GX Error #48 DVCC with incompatible firmware: Warning

Below is my current installation. As you can see I‘m stuck on firmware v413. Any ideas how I can remove the GX Error? What firmware version should I be running and how can I update to that version?

Easysolar:

MultiPlus 48/3000/35-50

Note - Firmware installed v413, latest v496, not updatable (1342)

BYD LV Flex Lite x 4

Note - BMU v1.22, BMS v1.13

mknoxc asked
mknoxc answered ·

2 Answers

CCGX - DVCC -> How to Limit Charge Voltage using ModBus-TCP

I've noticed the addition in DVCC the ability to limit the managed battery charge voltage to a value of my liking. I am very happy, that this is finally possible now.
Now, I would like to set this maximum charge voltage using Home Assistant.

Inside my Modbus TCP services, I have access to com.victronenergy.systems.
According to CCGX-Modbus-TCP Register-list.xlsx, the only writing-enabled registers com.victronenergy.systems are the CCGX-relay-states.

Is there any possibility set the Maximum Charge Voltage per Modbus TCP from Home Assistant? If yes, what is the register of this service?

Michael Timler asked
lsgv commented ·

2 Answers

146 Posts
128 Users
5 Followers

Topic Experts

David
0 Points