SmartShunt Image

SmartShunt

PUK code format for smart shunt

I am trying to reset the Bluetooth code. This is what's printed on the back of my Smartshunt:

E4 (circled) 10R-064694

I've tried entering all and parts of this, to no avail, always "wrong PUK code"

What part of this is the PUK? case-sensitive? dash included?

Paul Stafford asked
Paul Stafford answered ·

2 Answers

Consumed Ah trending down over weeks

A few months ago I swapped out my AGM batteries for LiFePO4, and set the initial battery settings to those recommended by the manufacturer and Victron. After a couple weeks, I left on a trip that got extended for a couple months. My rig was parked in the sun, with minimal loads, so the solar was hitting float quickly every day. But checking VRM, I noticed a trend where the Ah consumed (and therefore SOC calculations) were trending down never showing a full recharge.

[image]

My assumption is that this is an issue with calibration and SmartShunt settings, because the low voltage was not also trending down - never dropping below ~13.28V daily.

[image]

Would the community agree this is a SmartShunt settings "issue," and if so, which values would you recommend I try adjusting?

[image]

Thank you for any suggestions!

Follow up question for bonus points... :) What do most people do with LiFePO4 batteries when leaving for some time, while small loads will still need to access the power? I assume I'll hear some people concerned about keeping these batteries so close to 100% all the time?

Eric M. asked
kevgermany commented ·

2 Answers

Shunt cover

Hello, is there a cover available for the shunt so as to avoid any accidental short with the large exposed bolts of the shunt? Mine is mounted near 12v batteries as well as a positive bus terminal.

Thanks

vansailor asked
vansailor answered ·

3 Answers

Where’s the puk

Where do find the PUK CODE on the SmartShunt? I see a SN, and a PN. On smartshunt.

denvail asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Clarity on BMV-712 connectivity parallel battery bank

Hello Everyone,

sorry if this question is somewhat amateur however could somebody please check my wiring intentions regarding BMV-712 Smart?

I have two 12 V | C20 | 200 Ah lead acid batteries connected in parallel via a busbar (cables of equal length to balance resistance).

If I've understood correctly, the shunt 'Battery -In' should connect to the negative busbar whilst B1 should connect to the positive busbar.

The battery capacity should be set to 400 Ah in the App.

If my understanding is correct B2 (Aux) can't be used to measure the Midpoint as my battery bank is 12 V; could however the temperature probe could be used to measure the batteries via the positive busbar?

Below is a sketch of my intended set-up.

Best regards

[image]

bazil asked
bazil answered ·

5 Answers

Where do I hook up the Red wire from the aux terminal to monitor mid point voltage on a 48v LiPo battery 8X12v in series parallel?

There are 4 batteries per bank hooked up with bussbars one positive and one negative, the shunt is in the negative side of the banks where do I connect the wire for midpoint voltage? The batteries are hooke up in series parallel in 2 banks of 4 each, they are joined by a positive and a negative bussbars and a cable from each bussbar pos and neg go to the all in one inverter. The shunt is in the negative side right before the negative bussbar, I understand that is supposed to go on the positive terminal closer to the negative bussbar? Or in other words from left to right left being the positive bussbar and right being the negative bussbar, the wire should go to battery number 4 on the positive terminal of that battery? What about the other battery bank? Will that work with the wire connected to just one battery on just one of the banks?

Closed

friaras asked
johanndo answered ·

3 Answers

Discharge floor generator autostart

When i set my discharge floor on 50%

And the geneator autostart stop on 0%- 100%.

Will the 0% actual be 50% or would i completly discharge my battery bank to 0%?

marc-heide asked
marc-heide answered ·

3 Answers

Prozentanzeige im Venus OS stimmt nicht

E3251D7D-472E-49D1-A5CB-5AB570A872BC.pngHallo

Kann mir jemand sagen wie ich meine Prozentanzeige im Venus OS soo Einstellen kam, das es tatsächlich zum Strand der Akku Packs passt?

So sieht es zur Zeit aus. Venus sagt 42% und der Akku hat tatsächlich nur 2 %

. Ich habe kein shunt verbaut

[image]

Image Caption

martinka asked
netrange commented ·

6 Answers

Where is my Alternator DCDC Shunt?

My system consist of Raspi, MPPT’s and Shunt.

Every unit show up in Victron Connect local and VRM . All the numbers from shunt and MPPT’s making life pretty awsome.

I bought another SmartShunt 500 and defined this as a DC Energy Meter - DCDC Charger. Also tried defing as Alternator. I was hoping the unit would show up in VRM as a separate unit, showing the A’s flowing from Alternator.

It show up in the Victron Connect bluetooth and VRM, but not in the VRM portal diagrams.

Why?

janj asked
janj commented ·

1 Answer

Voltage difference between Multiplus V-sense and battery shunt

Hi,

I have a Quattro V-sense connected directly to my battery bank and two Victron 1000A shunts connected to a BMV each. (One measuring charge coming from a Schneider charge controller, one to measure current from/to the battery bank)

I also have a REC BMS connected to the battery bank and one of the 1000A shunts.

The REC and the 2 BMVs agree on the system voltage being 45.45-45.47v. Even the Schneider tells me it's 45.5v although it has a longer lead to the system. The cables between the battery bank and the shunt are 120mm2 and less than a meter long.

Even while the system is almost idle (no power in/out), and the V-sense is connected directly to the battery bank, the Quattro measures 0.4v lower than all the other equipment.

Manually measuring the voltage everywhere in the system tells me the voltage has no significant difference between measuring at the battery bank, the shunt or at the Quattro.

I can see the lower voltage at the V-sense at any time whether the batteries are under heavy load or not.

Any idea why this lower voltage is measured?

[image]

iwan asked

0 Answers

Shunt Wiring Diagram

Hi have never installed any solar work or any kind of wiring for that matter, so I am wondering if my wiring schematic with a shunt is correct. Or, is therer anything else that I should include in the layout.

None of the Victron schematics show a ground, so I was not sure if I need to ground the system. I am more concerned with small charges that might harm sensitive equipment than I am with electrocution.

It is a 24V system with some devices running at 5V after a step down buck. None of the individual connected devices will be pulling more than +/- 0.2 amp. Do I need to ground any specific devices, or install any fuses? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

[image]

hydrad asked
hydrad answered ·

2 Answers

Smartshunt Trends data

Hi

When I try to look at Trends historical data the screen say that it is downloading in background but data does not appear.
I have tried this on a Cat S61 / S60, Samasung S6 Edge phone, as well as Google tablet.
From this I can only deduce that the feature does not work.

I can add that using Trends with the Smart Solar Controller works perfectly.

VictronConnect_report.log

ric-dal asked
ric-dal answered ·

2 Answers

MultiPlus Compact and MPPT non agreeing on Bulk/Float

Hello,

I have a 200Ah LiFeP04 battery being charged by both MultiPlus Compact 12/1600/70-16 and by SmartSolar MPPT 75/15

When the system is attached to the mains, I have seen situations (i.e. early morning) when the MPPT start charging in Bulk mode while the Multiplus is in Float mode. why is this happening?

The MultiPlus is connected to the same VE.Smart network as the MPPT using the VE.Bus SmartDongle. In the system, we also have a SmartShunt 500a

VE.Smart Network details:

• MultiPlus (SmartDongle): transmits battery voltage and battery temperature
  • SmartShunt: transmits battery voltage and battery current
  • MPPT: reads battery voltage and current from SmartShunt and BatteryTemperature from SmartDongle

Any suggestion? Thanks

amidships asked
JohnC answered ·

2 Answers

Smartshunt Bluetooth connection fails around 95%

Tried all the steps as described in the troubleshooting manual: reset pincode, reinstalled victron connect app, removed shunt from electrical system and reconnected it again. Shunt is recognized and light on the side of the shunt is blinking. Light stops blinking and remains on when reaching 95% for a few seconds, but then fails to connect fully. I can connect to other devices like a SmartSolar an Battery Sense.

Tried with another phone and was able to connect, but would prefer being able to connect with my own phone.

ppmm asked
ppmm edited ·

0 Answers

MPPT charger taking voltage from SmartShunt instead of SmartSensor

The MPPT charger gets voltage value from the SmartShunt, if the shunt is added to the network.

But we can do better, with the SmartSensor, so it's a more precise "four wire" measuring, and that way also it disregards voltage drops along the cables and bus bars and so on.
So I have the Smart Battery Sense connected right at the battery terminals, I add it to the network, and it says sending battery voltage and temperature "to the network". Great.
I go back and check the MPPT charger and now it says it's taking temperature from the Smart Battery Sense, but still says it is taking voltage from the Smart Shunt. And I don't see a way to fix that.
The only way to have the MPPT charger to take both, battery voltage and temperature from the Smart Sensor, is to remove the shunt from the network. I am fine with that, as I think the most valuable function of the shunt is to tell me, the SoC of the battery, but I wold think SoC would be valuable data the MPPT could use.

cranky-yoda asked
snoobler answered ·

2 Answers

Followers

496 Posts
272 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

kevgermany
534 Points
snoobler
273 Points