Node-RED Image

Node-RED

Reduce charge current based on SOC Multiplus

I want to reduce the charge current from the Multiplus II based on SOC from smartshunt using NodeRec via Cerbo.

I have tried in NodeRed but cannot find a setting to change charge current.
Have anyone tried this?
I see that I can reduce charge current via an analog in and use an assistant in the MP, but this is not a desired solution.

Any advice?

slapperia asked
Alexandra commented ·

4 Answers

Controlling a 120V outlet based on temperature using Venus OS on RPi

What's the easiest way to control a 120V outlet, based on outdoor temperature, using the Venus OS running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+?. I've updated the OS to version 2.92, and have ordered several Ruuvi sensors. I also have the Victron Smart Battery Sense module installed.

I store my off-road camping trailer high in the Colorado mountains, where we have many nights with temperatures below the 25F threshold for my LiFePO4 battery. It's plugged-in though when stored, and I have a battery warming wrap -- I just don't want to leave the wrap plugged in all the time.

I'd love to be able to use something like a TP-Link smart outlet (WiFi), or anything Zwave or Zigbee would be fine too. I'd also consider using DuPont wires off of the GPIO pins on the Pi, though that would be my last choice as the length of these control cables seems pretty limited.

For those that have something like this setup -- what are you using, and has it been reliable?

techie4hire asked
techie4hire edited ·

4 Answers

Two Multiplus II in series

[image]

I am working on installing a Multiplus II 48/5000 at my home, where I already have an on-grid photovoltaic inverter SMA Sunny Boy 4kW and I have some questions I haven't found answers anywhere:

1. Is it possible to install two Multiplus II inverters in series (one of them connected to the other critical loads output) with non-shared batteries? How should I configure them? That would enable me to add a new Multiplus II in the future with another new battery on grid-parallel mode connected to first Multiplus II critical loads output.

1.1 If 1. question is possible, should I configure second one to not exporting to grid? Or first one could use frequency shifting (or similar) to control how much energy could export the second one?

1.2 Continuation of 1.1 question. Would be possible to have SMA Sunny Boy 4kW connected to the same critical loads output than second Multiplus II, having both controlled by frequency shifting? Or that is not possible as maximum power would exceed Multiplus II maximum power?

It appears a similar configuration could be done by using CerboGX large firmware, to be able to use Node-red to control some inputs:
- first Multiplus II critical loads frequency (could be updated depending on first Multiplus II is able to receive more power from critical loads or it cannot accept many more
- first Multiplus II AC In grid status (availabe/not available)
And to be able to control some things:
- second Multiplus II power exportation limit, being configure to 0 power exporattion into second Multiplus II if grid on first Multiplus II is disconnected

I've seen some other questions about similar solutions, but they were trying to control batteries load between two Multiplus II at the same time at the same battery load. I'm not interested on that. What I'm looking for is to:
1. If second Multiplus II (with AC In connected to first Multiplus II critical loads AC OUT) has batteries fully loaded, then it will share power with the other one if the other requires it; if the other doesn't require it and external grid is connected, power could be exported to grid; and if the other doesn't require it and external grid is disconnected, 0 power export should be configured into second Multiplus II
2. If first Multiplus II (connected to grid and with second Multiplus II connected to it's critical loads AC OUT) has batteries fully loaded, if second Multiplus II requires power, first Multiplus II can provide that power as if it were coming from real grid

tcircuns asked
Mariusz Zieliński answered ·

2 Answers

Firmware update and large image from SD/USB on Cerbo GX (without internet)

Hello you all

I have been working on the Cerbo GX pretty much the last days and also playing around with Node Red, which I have to say, offers a lot of possibilities if you dont need to get your hands dirty with Modbus Communication, anyways ... I wonder if it is possible to update the firmware and install the large image in a Cerbo GX with an SD/USB stick because in some places I dont have internet access and for being honest, I havent found the way of doing it without using "Online Updates".

Thanks a lot !

faberj asked
electrical-revolution answered ·

1 Answer

Obligation passage consuel installations semi-autonomes

Bonjour,

Une question ambiguë sur le passage obligatoire ou pas du consuel.

Installation : Multiplus, panneaux solaires, MPPT. Toute la consommation sur le OUT du multiplus, et le réseau public sur IN.

Grâce à node-red, nous programmons le multiplus pour de pas utiliser du tout le réseau public quand le niveau de batterie est suffisant. Dans ce cas, un réseau indépendant est généré et le réseau public n'est pas du tout utilisé (relais IN ouvert dans le multiplus). En cas de batterie faible, le multiplus ferme le relais IN, laisse passer le réseau pour alimenter les consommateurs et recharge les batteries. Il se comporte comme un fil pour alimenter les consommateurs et comme un simple chargeur (il n'a pas le droit d'injecter sur le réseau).

Sur une situation comme ça où l'installation est soit déconnectée du réseau, soit vue comme un consommateur lambda, le passage du consuel reste-t-il obligatoire ?

C'est une question ambiguë car cela dépend de la programmation...

Peut-être que quelqu'un de ce forum s'est déjà posé la question ?

(Une installation 100% déconnectée du réseau ne nécessite pas leur passage)

Merci d'avance,

Voltino

voltino asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

3 Answers

Phoenix Smart IP43 relay be controlled from Cerbo GX?

I currently have a Cerbo GX setup in my network. I am looking to install one of the new Phoenix Smart IP43 and see that it has a programmable relay. I would like to control the Phoenix programmable relay from the Cerbo. Checking to see first if the support is there for:

Q1: Does VE. Direct even support the ability to program the Phoenix relay?

Q2: If yes to Q1. Does the Venus OS for Cerbo support the ability to control the Phoenix relay remotely (on/off)?

Q3: If yes to Q2: Does the Node-Red plugin for Venus support the capability in Q2?

murphy-r asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

3 Answers

Node red : Multiplus II primary relay

Dear all,

My installation consists of solar panels, Pylontech batteries, a Multiplus II, and a Solar Charger MPPT 450/100. This set is controlled by a CERBO GX. I have installed Venus Large and Node-RED.

I already control a hot water tank from a CERBO GX relay programmed with Node-RED.

I would also like to program the primary relay of the Multiplus II via Node-RED. I can do this with the Relay Assistant but cannot find it with Node-RED. Do you have an idea?

Jérôme

jeromed asked
liam-hogan commented ·

2 Answers

Large OS Node-Red password

Hi Everybody,

want to set a password for Node-Red but I don't know how or where respectively. I understood that I have to modify settings in the settings.js but I cant find it.

Please can somone give me a hont hot to set up a password if it is possible at all?

Thanks in advance

https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/runtime/securing-node-red

senna1976 asked
janieronen commented ·

1 Answer

Switch Multiplus with Venus GX and NodeRed

[image]

I have a switch connected to the I/O of my venus, now i would like to switch the multiplus 24/5000 on and off.

the I/O signal is working, it sends 3 or 4 to the multi. Sounds alright so far. But the strange thing is the multi is swiching on for maybe 3 sec and turns off. Same thing if i repeat pushing the switch.

thanks for help

brezzi asked
brezzi edited ·

0 Answers

setting up multiplus for solar priority with external grid-linked solar?

Due to irritating conditions with my grid provider, I can't touch my grid-linked inverters - they can't be moved behind my multiplus-II or the grid provider will terminate my feed-in contract and replace it with a very rubbish one..

So - my question..

I have two inverters (physically separate sets of panels) feeding the grid, I have rs485 metering on the solar feed to grid as well as the overall grid. I am happy and allowd to feed to grid from the inverters, but not the multiplus (else the above feed-in rate change), but want to prioritise battery charging and self-consumption.

What is the best way to do this? I plan to setup a Raspberry Pi with Venus OS and the Node-red image.

Thanks

Bret Watson asked
matt1309 edited ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX Storage Full?

Hi everyone,

I have a Cerbo GX installed in a remote system which includes a Multiplus, a few solar chargers and smart Lithium batteries. I have Venus OS Large installed and use Node-Red for some automation.

In general it has worked well and has accomplished what I need. But recently I have noticed some strange behaviours with the Cerbo not doing or reporting what is expected in certain situations.

In Node-Red, now when I go to make a change and redeploy, I get an 'out of space' error like so:

Error: ENOSPC: no space left on device, copyfile '/data/home/root/.node-red/flows_einstein.json' -> '/data/home/root/.node-red/.flows_einstein.json.backup'

I can't find any way to actually check and confirm the storage space situation and don't have physical access to the device for a little longer.

Has anyone had storage space issues with the Cerbo before? Why would it have filled up? Log files? And how can I review this?

Any insights appreciated - thanks!

liam-hogan asked
Stefanie commented ·

2 Answers

How to switch power assist on an off via node-red?

For some years I have controled my Multiplus (I not II) with a raspberry pi via two DAC and the assistants for "Charge current control" and "Input current limit control".

Since now an extension of the solar plant took place, I wanted to use a Cerbo GX instead of the Raspberry Pi and do without the DA converters but regulate this purely via software. More precisely, by means of Node-red on the Cerbo GX.

But unfortunately I miss the possibility to regulate the charging current (of the Multiplus charger) and also the regulation of the power assist mode does not behave as expected.

I have installed the "large" Firmware (V2.82) on the Cerbo GX and I have enabled node-red and I'm using the node-red-contrib-victron node.
Devices are: Cerbo GX, Multiplus 24/3000, BMV-700, MPPT250/60, MPPT 75/15.

The AC charger node reports "There are no ac charger services available. Please check that a ac charger is connected or try a different node." The "multi control" node has no input for charger settings too.

Question: How can I control the Multiplus charge limit?

The input current limit can be read and writen by "Multiplus Input 1 AC current limit" in and out node but the behaviour is a little bit strange.

From 3 to 16 A current limit, all works as expected. i.e. when I set it to 5 and read it back afterwards, i got 5.
But when I set it to '0' , i got '3' when i read it back, but the Multiplus stops Power Assist mode (as expected). Is this (set to 0 to disable and set to >=3 to enable) the only way to enable/disable power assist?

Regards

Erich

erichabg asked

0 Answers

Difference between standard OS and OS large with node-red

Hello

I have a ESS system with 3xMulti II 5k , Can-bus Battery (BMS with CAN comm. is my own development), SmartSolar MPPT RS and AC Inverters

Cerbo with os large image node-red

My problems is that the system is not automatical regulating the excess power from the Multiplus and Smartsolar (everything is working fine without the node-red image)!!!

With the standard OS image the Multiplus are regulating the charge power down if the voltage or the cell-voltages are over the limits.

But with the os large image 2.82 large30 I need to connect in node-red the "CAN-BUS bms battery current charge limit CCL" with the "ESS system current charge limit" to control the multiplus charge current depending on the can-bms.

But the smartsolar mppt rs is still ignoring the CCL setting, to get this working i would need to connect the batteryy voltage with the charge voltage limit in the DVCC menu but for this I cannot find a node in NODE-RED!!!

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks

Alex

maureralex asked

0 Answers

How to calculate battery life with node red

I want calculate a battery life from actual (or average consumption after 1minute) and actual SoC.

But not sure how to calculate with data from two sources which are not sync.

Thank you for any idea and help

alda asked
smart-home answered ·

1 Answer

Raspbian oder VenusOS

Hallo Powerlovers ;) ,

komme leider nicht mehr weiter und hoffe hier ein paar Anregungen zu bekommen.

Hatte bisher folgendes Setup in meinem, in die Jahre gekommen Wohnmobil.

Raspberry Pi mit:

• Raspbian
  • Node-Red
  • eine selbst gebastelte Gasflaschenwaage mit HX711 über die GPIOs (Node-Red)
  • Relais Steuerung meines Kompressors für Luftfederung über die GPIOs (Node-Red)
  • LED Steuerung über GPIOs (Node-Red)
  • RaspAp (Hotspot)
  • Huawei USB-LTE Stick

Nun hab ich mir den Victron SmartSolar Charger MPPT gegönnt und dachte ich könnte den problemlos über die USB Verbindung in Node-Red einbinden aber entweder finde ich nicht die passenden "Librarys“ um den Charger in Node-Red nutzen zu können oder es funktioniert nur über die Venus OS?

Nun habe ich Venus OS auf einer frische SD Karte installiert und der Charger wird sofort erkannt. Nun fehlen mir die folgenden Möglichkeiten die ich zuvor hatte.

Ist es möglich die folgenden Anwendungen in Venus OS zu realisieren?

• eine selbst gebastelte Gasflaschenwaage mit HX711 über die GPIOs auszulesen?
  • Relais Steuerung meines Kompressors für Luftfederung über die GPIOs anzusteuern?
  • LED Steuerung über GPIOs zu steuern?
  • einen Hotspot zu generieren?
  • Huawei USB-LTE Stick Mobiles Internet über den Hotspot zu verteilen?

Bin über jeden Hinweis Link usw. dankbar

Power UP!

Beatstreet

beatstreet asked
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

1 Answer

186 Posts
141 Users
10 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
400 Points