Pylontech Image

Pylontech

Installation en AC coupling avec un cerbo + Gx touch + fronius 3.0 + multiplus 2 8kva 48v + 4 batterie pylontech US2000C

Bonjour, j'ai une installation en AC coupling avec un cerbo + un Gx touch + un primo fronius 3.0 + un multiplus 2 8kva 48v + 4 batterie pylontech US2000C. J'ai démarré mon installation et je penses qu'il me manque un paramétrage car mon multilplus 2 s'allume et se coupe au bout de quelques secondes et il m'affiche low batterie. Aurais-je oublié un paramétrage dans le GX Touch ou dans le logiciel Victron ?

mobilvolts asked
Alexandre PY BLOUCH commented ·

5 Answers

Pylontech Modbus Addressing Recovery

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a large installation that consists of 242 Pylontech US5000 batteries. For maintenance purposes, it seems important to us to be able to act quickly on a defective battery or one that has a too high temperature for example. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to find a solution that would accurately indicate a defective battery.

Recently I noticed that the remote console was indicating the address of the coldest/hottest battery or the lowest/highest voltage battery as shown in the attached picture.

[image]

Max cell temperature : Battery 0101 - 19°C

If the Cerbo GX indicates these addresses, there must be a way to retrieve all the battery addresses. In this way we will be able to associate the address of the battery with its number and its location in the battery bank.

For the communication with the batteries we will use several LV Hubs. The next step will be to ask Pylontech how the addressing of the batteries is distributed.

Do you have any idea how I can enter in the Cerbo GX and retrieve the address of a battery? I will also need to find a way to display the temperature status of each battery in the VRM...

I have never tried to get the Modbus address of the batteries so I don't know yet the tool to use for that... Can you direct me to the method?

I saw that there is the Node-Red tool but I don't know if it will be able to help me and I haven't dug into the possibilities of this tool yet.

Tom

cryptom asked
cryptom edited ·

3 Answers

Pylontech Internal Error Alarm

A little over one month ago I installed Pylontech US2000C batteries in my system. All was well for 3 weeks and then 2 weeks ago the first Internal Error appeared.

Having scoured the internet and following the advice from Victrons own documentation I lowered the DVCC Maximum voltage to 51.2 (15 x the voltage of the lowest cell voltage seen in the remote console)

I could see in the VRM Portal that there were multiple spikes in the Min/Max Cell Voltage's when there was no corresponding spikes in the AC Load (perhaps someone from Victron or Pylontech whould care to eloborate on that)

Over time the number of spikes diminished, until yesterday when they were back and today, once again, an Internal Error Alarm happened.

Looking at the data from the VRM Portal I can see that the spikes only happen when the cell voltages reaches 3.27 and the alarm happens when the Max cell voltage hits 3.89, a difference of 0.62 volts. This behaviour has been consistant for all of the alarms, to date there have been 12 of them in a 2 week period.

I am now somewhat at a loss as to what can be done to mitigate this problem.

Screenshot 2021-11-18 095632.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-18 095535.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-18 100340.jpg

steve-smith asked
ponzoa answered ·

10 Answers

How to connect 10 Pylontech whithout a LV Hub

Heya,

So I have two racks one with 8 Pylontech US3000C in it and another (for now) with 2 x Pylontech US3000C in it and I know I can connect together up to 16 modules without a LV-Hub but I don’t know how to connect the positive and negative cable from one rack to the other as they are too short, same for the linkport cable.
Can I use a bus bar and just connect last battery from rack 1 to first battery in rack 2 using the 2m cables (battery to inverter) or what other options I have?

Thank you

mariusv asked
gunzenbomz answered ·

2 Answers

Bug? Quattrtro II (Gen) Algorythum too Aggressive

Hier I think is a Bug! Generator is running @3kW on a Quattro II. Should be 5kW. The genny needs a less radical ramp-up time. If I set the input @10A input and gradually bring it up to 23A all works as designed(5kW)! Set the Quatto II to auto it throws the generator out >20 times and get only 3kW! after sync.

System: 3Ph MP2, RS450/100, Quattro II (Genny) All FW' up to date.

stubbs asked
stubbs edited ·

5 Answers

Pylontech with MPPT and Phoenix Inverter possible?

I would like to install some solar panels on the roof of my garage. They collect power throuhout the day, and I can charge my electric car during the night. In case the stationary battery is empty it switches to grid power. Charge power will be 2kW only.

Please see this plan for details: https://abload.de/img/plan-xaverpjjsk.jpg

Is it better to use a Multiplus here? Can I limit the charge power to 1 A and switch to grid also if the battery runs low?

According to the comments on this page a pure Phoenix inverter is not working here?

https://www.victronenergy.comlive/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

Thank you very much for your comments!

mallkuss asked
Nicola answered ·

4 Answers

Is it possible to use Pylontech batteries with mppt + venus + phoenix inverter for an offgrid application?

Is it possible to use Pylontech batteries with mppt + venusGX + phoenix inverter for an offgrid application?

Do I need to use a multiplus instead?

Fernando Kitsuta asked
Nicola answered ·

2 Answers

Température Pylontech

Bonjour Tout le monde,

Par ces fortes chaleurs, notre matériel est mis à rudes épreuves...

Même si la plage de fonctionnement de nos batteries Pylontech va jusqu'à 60° et que 25° semble le top, quelle est la valeur "raisonnable" avant d'acheter un climatiseur pour nos locaux techniques?

Bien à vous

maa asked
maa answered ·

4 Answers

Victron Quattro 48/10000 and Pylontech US3000C added capacity

Hi,

Up until 2 days ago I had 4 Pylontech US3000C batteries and today I got 4 more so a total of 8 x Pylontech US3000C batteries are now used.

Do I need to change any settings on the inverter/Cerbro GX (somewhere) to make sure the system is using correctly all 8 batteries?

Thank you!

mariusv asked
mariusv commented ·

2 Answers

What load capacity will I have with this solution

Morning everyone. Ive searched for an answer on this for a couple of days but not been able to find anything. Please can anyone tell me what kind of continuous KW discharge rate I can expect using a MultiPlus 2 48/5000/70-50, with my 7.6kw array, and with a 7kw PV inverter ( to handle my 2 strings) and the 5kva MultiPlus2 48/5000/70-50, along with two Pylontech-US5000 batteries (~9kwh), in a "grid parallel" setup, both when the grid is up and also what the continuous discharge rate is when theres a powercut?

During normal operation, when the loads are big and exceed the Multiplus2 capacity then I'm hoping in a grid parallel setup the mains grid will takeover to meet our surplus demand? Our peak loads in our house can reach 5 to 6kw in our house with 11kw max being reached when I did a test with all ovens, heat pump and appliances etc are going at same time, but generally 6kw would be our average peak loads for half an hour or so in evenings. My question is, when the grid is up and running, how much grid power will I be importing with our loads potentially reaching 6kw and what about our absolute max of 11kw or will my proposed solution meet most of those loads (assuming I have plenty of charge in my two batteries)? And the same question when there is a powercut?

What is the actual continuous kW discharge rate I can expect from my solution? And will I have a "power assist" ability where short peak load demands can be met and if so how much kW and for approximately how long, before the grid takes over?

Thank you for any help and info. I really appreciate it.

Matt

matth76 asked
matth76 edited ·

2 Answers

Quattro refuses generator when charging with more than 1250W?

Setup: Quattro-II 48/5000/70-50/50 + 3 Pylontech US3000C + Hyundai HY8500LEK (one phase)

Dear community,

we are currently in a no-grid situation, where I need to charge my three Pylontech US3000C with a 8500W Hyundai generator HY8500LEK (Manual and specification: https://cdn.hornbach.de/data/shop/D04/001/780/492/386/204/10573553_Doc_01_DE_20220708111753.pdf)

Charging works, but only when DVCC "maximum charge current" is set to 25A (at ~50V: 1250W)

As I understand, with three US3000C, I should be able to charge with 3x25A = 75A. But when I set the maximum charge current to 30A or higher (on Cerbo GX), charging only works intermittently - 15 second charging, charging breaks off, inverting starts, then a while later, it tries again, same thing...

How to analyze this situation? The generator should support a higher charging rate. Our AC loads are only ~500W, so with 25A/50V charging, the total load to the max 8500W (one phase!) generator is only 1600-1800W.

Is it because the generators AC out is not clean enough for the Quattro II, when running at higher loads? I can provide statistics, if you tell me what is needed.

I am aware of the Victron Generator FAQ, but as we are currently in an emergency situation, I would prefer not to do any firmware changes, which could result in a complete shutdown. No ESS is set up.

Thank you

tobyfw asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

12 x Pylontech US3000C

Heya,

I understood from different answers here that one can connect 12 x Pylontech US3000C without using a LV-Hub. Does anyone has a schema on how to do it? Or even better pictures with a system with 12 batteries (or more) without LV-Hub.

Thank you

mariusv asked
mariusv commented ·

3 Answers

Installation cerbo GX et Pylonteck 4,8 kw

Bonjour,

Je ne suis pas professionnel mais réalise mes débuts avec victron depuis quelque temps.
Mon installation actuelle est composée de:
-6 panneaux de 335 w
- Mppt 150 v 70 A
- Multiplus 48v 1600 va
- et, en attendant mieux, 16 batteries 38 Ah de 12v misent en 48v

Je lorgne sur les batteries pylonteck 4,8 Kw mais à la lecture d'un petit guide a ce sujet, j'ai le sentiment que c'est un peu galére pour la config via cerbo gx que je compte acquerir.

Mes questions sont:
que penser de cette batterie recente ? faut il vraiment la mettre dans une piece chauffée ? (mon install est dans une cave entre 8 et 14 degres)

la configuration de tout ce matériel n'est elle pas trop difficile ?

Merci pour votre aide

christian54 asked
Alexandre PY BLOUCH commented ·

8 Answers

ESS exports excess solar to grid instead of charging Pylontech battery

This a re-post of a question from several days ago, but hopefully with much better focus and clarity - hope that's OK.

My ESS consists of Multi 2 48/10000, 4x Pylontech US5000 with an ac coupled PV array and Solaredge inverter.

After several days of monitoring it seems that the core issue I am concerned about is that the Pylontech batteries do not start to charge until the excess PV power reaches somewhere in excess of 200W. Thus the situation illustrated below can in pratice exist all day exporting all excess PV to the grid. Even ay circa 1kWh that is a loss of valuable energy at this latitude! I know the excess illustrated is only 73W but I have seen it sit consistently nearer 200W, I just don't have a screenshot of that.

[image]

In theory I believe that ALL PV excess after powering the loads should charge the batteries which here are sitting at the set minimum SOC of 85%. That is not happening.

Today we have some usable sunshine, and the batteries are charging, but once again they only started to do so once the excess exceeded ~200W. It is as if there is some sort of minimum that must be exceeded to shift the batteries from 'Idle' to 'Charge'. I have contacted Pylontech, but surprise, surprise - no response. I can see nothing under settings that I can change that would influence this. Has anyone any ideas as to how this can be improved?

I also observe that the system seems very slow to respond to changing solar gain consequent upon the clouds that decorate the sky in the north of Scotland. Is this to be expected? When the cloud arrives the batteries keep charging at the same rate drawing power from the grid before the grid power drops away towards zero. When the cloud passes the reverse happens as illustrated below.

[image]

I presume that simply reflects how the multiplus algorithms work, but it is a shame it can't be more responsive.

I hope this doesn't sound overly negative. This is my second Victron system. Overall I like the gear, and love the documentation and support provided by Victron and the forum. I just like to understand how systems work and optimise them as best I can.

I do hope there is someone who can cast light on this. I could find no similar reference in the forum.

Thanks to all.

David

assyntdavid asked
1234enough commented ·

11 Answers

Incorrect battery temperature displayed on VRM

[image]

Pylontech batteries sitting at 15c degrees on ccgx,however the VRM is indicating -273 c degrees!

[image]

Mark asked
hominidae answered ·

3 Answers

536 Posts
383 Users
23 Followers

Topic Experts