voltage Image

voltage

SmartSolar charge controller MPPT 250/100 wrong equalize voltage

This seems to be a new problem. I attempted performing a manual equalize. This is of course after being in Float mode and having finished a full bulk/absorb charge. Equalize only uses the absorb voltage. it completely ignores my equalize voltage setting. It also seems to be allowing WAY too much current through. I have my equalize current set at 7%, should be 5.32 amps but it seems to be giving the charge all the amps available, just before the sun is down it's cranking 52 amps in... so is the manual equalize function completely broken at this point? Sure seems to be

Dave asked

0 Answers

Multiplus II 5kVA 48V random output voltage dips

I fairly recently installed a Multiplus II 5kVa 48 system (including Venus GX), connected to 2 x Hubble AM-2 5.5kHw lithium batteries. System runs as purely backup system for load shedding purposes.

This issue that has arisen is that the inverter randomly cuts the output voltage to the loads for a couple of second.

The latest instance happened after a blackout (load shedding). The system took

over and returned seamlessly, and roughly a hour after, the output voltage dipped for a couple of seconds.

-Inverter and GX has latest firmware installed

-System is not overloaded

-AES is not enabled

-Battery bank is CAN bus connected to the GX, via its own logging device (Cloudlink\Riot)

I have checked settings multiple times, and compared to other installations.

Has anybody had similar problem, or have advice as to remedy?

Thanks

[image]

botessj asked
nickdb commented ·

5 Answers

Pylontech High Voltage Alarm

Hi I'm getting hIgh Voltage warnings on the CCGX. I understand the cells need to internally balance as it's a new system. They are, slowly, day by day.

My issue is that I have set the DVCC to 53.2V to mitigate the alarms and to allow the cells to balance but it's not stoping the alarm!.

Any ideas?

The alarms currently trigger just above 52V.

[image]

[image]

[image]

jimbo asked
gunzenbomz answered ·

6 Answers

800 watts of solar full sun. Victron 150/100 charger controler volts/amps fluctuate

[image]

I'm still trying to figure out if anymore mistakes have been made in a Professional install? The last couple days in Quartzite AZ it's been full sun. I noticed in monitoring the Victron app when the voltage goes up the amps from the panels goes down? And it looks like a EKG every second or 2 I see one go up and the other down this continues until the sun is gone. I'm also concerned they didn't wire something correctly because before the solar I had a factory installed 1000 Watt inverter that kept the residential refrigerator going off 2 75 AH lead batteries. These 2 batteries could power the fridge and Starlink for 8+ hour's before the inverter shut down. After having the system for almost a week I haven't been able to get the 2 Battle Born Game changers past 70% on solar only and have had to run a generator for 2-3 hours to get them to 100% before we would retire for the night. I'm seeing 500+ Watts from the 800 watts of panels parallel/serial but should the voltage and Amps be swapping like This? Could this be why I'm not getting a full charge off the solar? I haven't been on the roof yet to check the connections. I found a few oversights already on the ground like the tension reliefs inside the Multi plus II were not tightened at all leaving the 120v wires are risk of coming loose from vibration during towing of the camper. What should I look for that could be causing this? I'm not going back to the place it was installed at the guy who worked on this part of it cops and additude when I find mistakes I bring to there attention. They even tried to keep parts I needed like the termination jacks. So I'm just going to have to check everything myself and fix it. You can see how much power I've generated over the past few days. The only thing running is the fridge, a TV , small Roku on the TVs USB power and a Starlink. The Starlink maxes out at 80-90 watts, the fridge 200w when running and the TV about 60 watts. Maybe I just need a few more panels? Sorry it's so long I don't know how else to explain what's happening after dropping $15k I should have done it myself.

saboken asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

0 Answers

Inverter Voltage UK : 230VAC or 240VAC for a specific supply

HI All,

ESS system (Quattro 48/10000 8kW, Cerbo GX, 20kWh batteries).

My house is the first feed off a local substation/transformer and has a stable 240-245VAC supply.

The default inverter voltage for the UK is 230VAC. However, given my specific supply situation should I set the Inverter voltage to 240VAC to avoid a 10-15V drop when grid failover occurs?

Would there be any other benefits or cons please?

Colin

colj asked
colj commented ·

1 Answer

BlueSolar HUGE Drop in VBUS battery voltage on morning startup

2x Multi 3kw - 4x Pylon US2000 - Bluesolar and SmartSolar MPPTs - Off grid system.

This morning, from the logs, around PV wakeup time, the VBUS battery voltage dropped to 36.42v from a nominal 47v - SOC was good at 40%

BMS voltage was reporting good however, at around 48.5v

Minimal AC loads. cica 140w - which was consistant overnight.

VBUS voltage suddenly dropped then caused inverter to cut out as you would expect.

After a reset and time to recover - system appears to be working as expected.

What could cause the drop in VBUS battery ? - seems to align with the BlueSolarStartup which is a south facing array.

Possible signs of an early failiure ? or DC PV string issue ?

Chris asked
Chris edited ·

0 Answers

Top section voltage spikes, huge jump in mid-point deviation

Hi all,

My setup:

- 8x Leoch DT126 6V 240Ah in serial/parallel for 24V 480Ah (with HA02 energy transfer battery equalisers on each series string)

- SmartShunt 500A

- 2x MPPT 100/30

- Cerbo GX

I am seeing very high top section voltage spikes (around 17V) during periods of more intense sun (therefore higher charge currents). This leads to sudden very large mid-point deviations (around 15-20%), which results in a mid-point deviation alarm (threshold 2.0%) and the Cerbo GX cutting off the MPPT charge current temporarily, during which time the top section voltage drops and the mid-point alarm clears. This pattern then repeats every 30 or so seconds.

This is best explained by a screenshot from VRM. As you can see, the bottom section voltage is steady, but the top is spiking very high.

[image]

I first noticed this issue when both MPPT's were online at the same time, therefore generating twice the charge current of one. If I disable one of the MPPT's, then I do not see the spikes. Presumably this is due to the charge currents being lower.

To avoid the issue for now, I have reduced the maximum charge current of both MPPT's to 10A each, therefore maximum potential charge current of 20A, however obviously this limits my charging capacity. Previously I was seeing charge currents of 20+ Amps and then the voltage spikes would manifest.

What am I missing here? Why I am seeing these top section voltage spikes? They are clearly "not right" and I worry if I left the setup in this way I would damage my batteries. Is my charge current too high? If I base maximum charge current on 10% of the C20 battery bank capacity then I should be looking at about 48A as an appropriate charge current.

Here's a link to my system schematic https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqotUnsPzM2bsjg9ka0I5fuoRy6S

Standing by to provide further information. Many thanks as always.

Tom Ranson asked
Tom Ranson commented ·

3 Answers

Centaur 12/30 voltage output without load

Hi community, I hope you can help me with a basic question about a Virctron Centaur 12/30 battery charger. I have it on my workbench for repair. The reason that i have it is because a friend of mine connected the battery he wrong way. I had to replace a Schottky diode 30CTQ045 and now I want to measure the output voltage without load but the output voltage is less then 1 volt. Does the battery charger have to provide always a 12 Volt output? Or does a battery actually have to be connected to it?

Hope you can help me out?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Wim (The Netherlands)

Wim Schaap asked

0 Answers

Lets try a second time. Whats the Voltage accuracy of Victron products?

Disclaimer:

It seems questions often arise on this forum about the Voltage accuracy of Victron units and variances between voltages measured vs what's displayed on the app.

SINCE there is zero information about the accuracy of the Voltage meters in Victron products, it makes sense that some questions be answered on this community page, which is there to help Victron users!

Elvis, Kevgermany - You didn't like my replies to you and those who commented on my previous question, before you got offended and blocked my account - Maybe go back and read the "so called assistance" that was provided and understand I'm not some completely useless person "like you all suggested" and as a result I gave blunt responses in return showing my appreciation for the RUDE/little assistance and belittlement I received for you.

I fielt my replies were warranted, considering the attitude and belittlement I got from a number of you. All because I don't have access to a "very expensive" FLUKE DMM!

• My questions of how to confirm accuracy of a DMM, fell on deaf ears.

• My questions of the products number/model number of the voltage meters in Victron products, so I could answer the above question, fell on deaf ears.

• My question about how you can all guarantee the accuracy of Victron voltage meters when you all told me that unless a DMM is calibrated every year its not guarantee accurate, so I clearly asked how and why the Victron units can/are still considered accurate when they aren't calibrated every year? This fell on deaf ears.

• How can Victron products be guaranteed to have accurate Voltage if they're not regularly calibrated?

• Exactly what accuracy percentage does a Digital Multimeter need to have to be considered accurate enought to perform testing?

^^^These are SIMPLE QUESTIONS that will help MANY future Victron users and save them from having to create posts/questions when it's already been answered (the whole point of this community according to community guidelines)...

Let's watch you delete my account again for trying a second time to ask BASIC questions all because you assume I'll abuse you - The difference is that if you actually provide clear answers and don't provide VAGUE information, or try to waste my time asking for irrelevant information and/or imply I'm useless, then my replies will be respectful.

If you waste my time again, be rude or vague you will get blunt/rude replies in return - Not sure why you're surprised by this.

* I've been told I'm blunt due to my Autism, but that won't change the sour people who have been offended at my responses to them after they wasted my time, or implied I am useless (which in itself) is very insulting to me!

^^^ You offended me and/or wasted my time first before I gave it in return...

not-a-hard-question-to-answer asked
Fra commented ·

2 Answers

Question about accuracy of the Voltage meters in Victron MPPT's and Smart Battery Sense?

Answering these questions should help other Victron users who notice voltage variances on their Victron equipment gauge whether there could be an issue, or whether what they're seeing is considered normal.

1) What is the Volatge metering accuracy of both the internal MPPT and Smart Battery Sense Voltage meters?

2) What is the voltage meter model/part number and manufacturer?

3) How can one be sure they're accurate if they aren't calibrated/checked every year like digital multimerers need to be, especially after 1 year?

4) Testing of equipment is a waste of time if you're not using a guaranteed in spec digital multimeter, Correct?

5) What is the minimum accuracy of a digital multimeter for a reading to be considered "correct" and/or accurate?

not-a-hard-question-to-answer asked
Fra commented ·

1 Answer

MPPT: limits and exceeding of PV input voltage

Hi all,

even after reading through https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2014/03/28/matching-victron-energy-solar-modules-to-the-new-mppt-charge-regulators/ and several posts here, I couldn't find an answer to my question:

Given there are two 200WP solar panels with Voc=46,6V and Vmpp=40V, connected in serial to a Smartsolar 100/30. Online MPPT calc says; it's a match. As long as you don't enter the temperature coeffients, which I'm trying to obtain since some days now by contacting manufacturer, searching online etc.

When playing around with values of -0,25% to -0,35%, the calculator jumps between Smartsolar 100/30 and 150/35.

Question: how hard is the voltage input limit really? What happens if it is exceeded by 0,1V or 1V or even 3V? Is there a tolerancy? Will it kill the MPPT or will it just shut off and be back again at normal voltage?

Thank you
Christian

christianf asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

2 Answers

solar voltage 55v battery voltage 12v is this ok?

Hi All,

I am new to Solar and have just installed my first off grid system at home. It is 3 x 175 Victron panels, a 150/35 controller and a VE.direct smart 500W inverter and a 12v 100ah LifePO4 battery.

Using the Victon connect App I can see that the panels are generating power (50 - 100w) which considering the very cloudy September day in the UK might be about right.

But I do have a question on the voltage. The panels are installed in series, so the votage is reading around 55 volts, fluctuating up and down. I believe this makes sense because mounting the panels in series keeps the ampage the same but increases the voltage.

My battery, inverter, etc, are 12v. Is this ok that my solar PV voltage is much higher than the other items? The items were sold as a "kit" from a shop so I assume it should work absolutely fine together, but I'm very new so would appreciate someone with more experience reassuring me :)

Many Thanks!

Tom

thomas-whittle asked
thomas-whittle answered ·

2 Answers

Can I slowly increase generator input current

We have an off grid system that has a 20kVa generator, we’ve set maximum input current at 58amps which it can handle comfortably, but it doesn’t like going from nothing to this in such a short space of time from signal to start there is a small delay then the load comes on very quickly would be really good if you could set it to rise from a low input to your final input limit over a period of time that could be set say a minute or two? Think it would be good for the health of all components in the system? Is this possible?

jacko asked
marc-heide answered ·

2 Answers

Voltage difference between battery terminals and internal Bluetooth via VictronConnect

Hello,

I bought a new Victron lithium battery 25.6V/200Ah Smart-a. When I connect to the lithium battery via VictronConnect with Bluetooth, it shows a lower voltage than the actual voltage on the battery terminals. The voltage difference is around 0.3V which I think is a too big difference.

See next photo;

[image]

I was wondering if the voltage measurements from the Bluetooth part in the battery are also used for the BMS that has yet to be connected, because then the VE.BMS will react to the wrong internal voltage measurements.

Thanks in advance

topper asked
Alexandra commented ·

3 Answers

290 Posts
270 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
630 Points
Alexandra
189 Points