grid parallel Image

grid parallel

What load capacity will I have with this solution

Morning everyone. Ive searched for an answer on this for a couple of days but not been able to find anything. Please can anyone tell me what kind of continuous KW discharge rate I can expect using a MultiPlus 2 48/5000/70-50, with my 7.6kw array, and with a 7kw PV inverter ( to handle my 2 strings) and the 5kva MultiPlus2 48/5000/70-50, along with two Pylontech-US5000 batteries (~9kwh), in a "grid parallel" setup, both when the grid is up and also what the continuous discharge rate is when theres a powercut?

During normal operation, when the loads are big and exceed the Multiplus2 capacity then I'm hoping in a grid parallel setup the mains grid will takeover to meet our surplus demand? Our peak loads in our house can reach 5 to 6kw in our house with 11kw max being reached when I did a test with all ovens, heat pump and appliances etc are going at same time, but generally 6kw would be our average peak loads for half an hour or so in evenings. My question is, when the grid is up and running, how much grid power will I be importing with our loads potentially reaching 6kw and what about our absolute max of 11kw or will my proposed solution meet most of those loads (assuming I have plenty of charge in my two batteries)? And the same question when there is a powercut?

What is the actual continuous kW discharge rate I can expect from my solution? And will I have a "power assist" ability where short peak load demands can be met and if so how much kW and for approximately how long, before the grid takes over?

Thank you for any help and info. I really appreciate it.

Matt

matth76 asked
matth76 edited ·

2 Answers

Multiplus II no longer approved for Austria grid?

Hi,

I have just noticed, that Victron Multiplus II approval is limited to 31.01.2023 for Austria according to the official site:

https://oesterreichsenergie.at/downloads/publikationsdatenbank/detailseite/wechselrichterliste-tor-erzeuger-typ-a

It seems, that it does not complain to OVE R25.

What is the plan from Victron side here? Will it be solved by a firmware update?
We need an urgent answer, please.

Thank you in advance!

zpv asked
zpv commented ·

2 Answers

If a quattro is connected to the grid just to charge batteries , do I need to comply with grid code?

If a Quattro inverter is connected to the grid only for charging batteries and not to export to the grid, do I need to comply with grid codes?

mark-montana asked
Kevin Windrem answered ·

1 Answer

Victron Quattro-II 48/5000/70-50-50 QUA482504010 Certifications for Austria Grid?

Hi,

we would urgently need the R25 Certification for Austria Grid. Is there any Information when this is available for Quattro-II 48/5000/70-50-50 ?

Many thanks in advance!

Roland

rolandtrieb asked

0 Answers

Victron system in combination with dynamic pricing?

Hi all,

I'm new here and tried to search for the question above to no avail.

In the Netherlands it is possible to get a electricity contract based on dynamic pricing on an hourly basis (1 day forward). I'm thinking of a system where I charge a battery during very low pricing using net feed in and discharging during peak pricing (morning and evening).

Is it possible to set times where the battery will be charged with net feed in? For example 2pm if the battery is below let's say 80% SOC?

Is it possible to set timed activation where my home goes "off-grid" during peak electricity price (morning and evening) and switch this off at 10% SOC?

I've scanned the "Smartgrid II" manual for timed activation/deactivation but couldn't find something that resembled this fucntionality.

P.S.: what topic is this? offgrid doesn't seem to cover it?

Thanks,

EDIT: see https://aleasoft.com/energy-markets/epex-spot-netherlands-prices-demand/ as a data source for 1 day ahead "planning" of dynamic electricity pricing in NL.

jeepee asked
Jason - UK answered ·

4 Answers

EM24 Grid meter shows as AC-Load

Hi together,

I'm completely new to Victron-World and setup my first installation: Grid -> EM24 -> MP II (x3) on AC-IN, parallel the load. So a parallel installation of the MultiPlus II to the "grid" (no AC-Out is used).

Unfortunately it shows the pages a little bit strange: Grid is not available. The EM24 is configured as Grid meter. Instead the AC load shows the values of the EM 24. But the AC-Load should be: Grid + Inverter. But it looks like, that the control works fine (200W from Grid as minimum adjusted).

[image]

[image]

Is there a way to change this?

Thank you and best,

Johannes

basstscho asked

0 Answers

Why multiplus II 48/5000 reject the public network when configured every 03 in parallel with the ESS

Hi guys, I urgently need your help!!!

I installed a single-phase system with 03 multiplus II 48/5000 configured in parallel, a BYD 15kWh battery, a cerbo GX, 02 150/85 regulators and 30 330Wp solar panels.

The problem is the converters reject the public network (connected to the AC in) when installing the ESS. However, I followed all the instructions for the installation of the ESS (I specify that I have already used the same configuration on other installations and it works). I also checked individually for each converter if with the ESS installed the covertisseur accepts the AC in and it works.

The other point to emphasize is that when I configure only 02 multiplus in parallel with the same configuration, the AC in input is not rejected by the converters.

In summary, the system works correctly (accepts the AC in input) when using the ESS configuration with 02 multiplus II 48/5000 in parallel, but not when configuring the 03 multiplus in parallel.

alid asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

EASY SOLAR 2 GX, max. wattage feeding back to grid?

Hello,

We are looking at the Multiplus 2 48/5000 with separate smart MPPT 150/60 or the EASY SOLAR 2 GX 48/3000

Maybe a silly question, but when the 48V batteries are full, how much of the exces PV can be

feed "directly" back into the grid using the EASY SOLAR 2?

I see the mppt inside the EASY SOLAR is a 250/70 can handle 4000W PV input,

but the inverter on the 48/3000 model can only supply 2400W at 230V so this would be the max wattage that can be fed back into the grid correct?

We are looking at installing a 3200W PV array btw.. lets say 80%of that figure on a decent day that's 2560 Watts
So that is close to the rated 2400W inverter power. But at max performance of the PV we lose at lot.

Maybe the EASY SOLAR 2 5000 or the Multi2 5000 with separate MPPT would be a better match
as they can most likely feed back 4000W into the grid..?
Or am i missing something?

Thanks for your reply!

Steve

mrsteve asked
mrsteve commented ·

2 Answers

Multiplus II AC IN vs AC out ramp up speed

I have my ESS system on a simple grid parallel setup with all the loads on the AC IN of the Multi, with an ET112 as grid meter. When there is a change on the loads, the ramping up/down of the inverter takes a few seconds to match it, resulting in overshoots of the grid setpoint. Heard someone mentioning on an youtube video that if the loads are instead installed on the AC outputs the ramping up/down is almost instantaneous resulting on much smaller overshoots, but found no info on it. Does anyone know if this is the case?

paulo-m asked
Jason - UK edited ·

1 Answer

ESS scheduled charging issue with high grid load on grid parallel setup (EV Charging / Time of Use Tariff)

Hi,

I have a grid parallel setup with ESS working perfectly, apart from when there is high grid load during a scheduled charging window.

Setup is as follows:

• Multiplus-II (48/3000-35-32) inverter AC In connected to Grid, no connections to AC outs, with AC coupled PV on input side. CT clamp on meter tail connected to Multiplus-II for grid consumption monitoring.
  • Cerbo GX setup with ESS (With Batterylife Optimisation on) with scheduled charging setup to take advantage on my low rate overnight time of use tariff.
  • Batteries are 3 x Pylontech US2000C

Scheduled charging works fine until my EV charger kicks in (same window) and suddenly grid load is ~9.5kW with charger, baseload and EV 7.2kW charger, the charging then stops and the batteries start to discharge even though this is a scheduled charging window.

Is this expected behaviour? Surely the inverter should realise this is not current following through the inverter itself, just the AC side of the setup?

My idea for a 'quick' fix is to relocate the CT to my distribution board, as my EV charger is supplied from a separate DB directly from a distribution bus before the main DB, however the cables are tricky to access so keen to know if this will work before making access.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

fjj asked
lackland answered ·

3 Answers

Fronius Primo an MP2 ESS Grid resynchronisation

Hi There,

a question is bugging me:

assume the following setup:

MP2 5000 in ESS setting with Fronius Primo 4.6 (with 4.4kwp) on AC1

Fronius is set to MG50

pylontech battery

What happens when the Grid fails ? --> Multi is taking over and is regualting the Primo via Frequency.

So Far so good.

But when the battery is nearly full or full, and the grid is comming back online ?

I think the multi needs to synchronise back to the grid. It goes back to 50 Hz. But what will the primo do ? When the primo output power goes up and the battery is full and the grid is not yet connected via the ess relays ?

Will there be a DC Ripple problem an system shutdown ?

Best Regards

Ralf

rl78 asked
Rob Duthie answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 2 GX mit us3000c schaltet nicht auf Netz um

Hallo

Ich habe einen neuen Multiplus 2 GX mit einer Pylontech US3000C.

Anschluss vom Netz an AC-in, Batterie,LAN,CAN und MK3.

Soweit so gut die Batterie wird erkannt und mit allen Details in der Remotekonsole angezeigt.

Die programmierung über VE Config mit dem ESS Assistenten klappte auch.

Aber nun schaltet der MP2 nicht das Netz zu uns sagt das die Batterie schwach ist obwohl SoC 49%

skyone79 asked
lifeingalicia answered ·

1 Answer

Grid connecting isn´t possible

Hi guys!

I´m running the following system: 3 x Multiplus II 48/5000, 1 x Cerbo, 3 x MPPT, 9 x Pylontech US 3000, EM 24 for measuring the grid. The system runs since about 7 months without any problems.

All units on the newest firmware, the cerbo runs on 2.84.

Since yesterday I´ve a problem: allthough the grid is here as all the time, the cerbo shows grid lost and doesn´t reconnect to the grid. I´ve started the system a few times without solving the problem.

My energy supplier has measured the grid and says everything is fine.

So I don´t understand this behaviour. The system tries about every 15 minutes to reconnect to the grid, then the relais in the Multiplus are switching and immediately comes the message: time synchronisation failed or one of the expected units were not found.

Anyone an idea why the Multis don´t switch trough to the grid?

[image]

koro asked

0 Answers

Solar to Grid if not enough

I am moving my solar panels which were used Off grid on my RV until I built my new small house which is now ON the Grid. I am looking for a way to use the Grid if solar is not enough (only 1700W) currently and not blow a fuse. I need to know the settings on the Inverter/Charger and Charge Controller.

Electrically, I understand that I need to move the breakers off the Grid panel to a Critical Load panel, just 4 at this point and replace with a breaker just 30Amp breaker with the Victron Inverter/Charger in between. Do I need other isolation other than the Hot side fuse and I would prefer the transfer to be automatic.

I am not interested at feeding back to the Grid as that will never be the case until I get more panels, etc.

Does anyone have a drawing so I get it right the first time, otherwise I will not have heat, hot water, stove (all propane) and one kitchen lighting circuit if the Critical load output from the victron panel does not work

simple asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

AC coupled Quattro + Fronius (microgrid) + Huawei inverter

Hi folks,

I have a quattro + fronius microgrid that's not working very well (tried on output of quattro, tried on input... it's limiting the hell out of fronius output), so i'm currently using the fronius smart meter to limit injection to grid (undesirable as I pay for export).

But next week, I will install another 3Kw system with Huawei inverter (this will also be grid-tied and approved by the power co. for export).

Below is the diagram that I though on using. Basically just inserting the 3Kw Huawei inverter between the grid and the smart meter.

After this new installation, I can inject a bit more to grid from the fronius, or victron, as long as anti-islanding is obtained.

PS - my victron is acting up under heavy loads ( i need to warranty is someday...) from battery, so I am forced to user the EV charger directly form Grid or whenever I do have solar enough to discharge from battery less than 2-3kwh, hence the location.

[image]

iromeo asked

0 Answers

24 Posts
23 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Jason - UK
65 Points
nickdb
60 Points