question

deneric avatar image
deneric asked

Can i install a single Multiplus II on 3x230 V network?

Can I install a Multiplus II on a Belgian 3x230V network in parallel ESS config (no backup needed) per the simple sketch below? A three fase energy meter will be used in addition (or in lieu of) to the CT transformer listed in de Synergrid certification for the EnFluRi measurement.

img-2910.jpeg

ESSEnergy Metergrid parallel
img-2910.jpeg (143.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
gerd-weiss avatar image
gerd-weiss answered ·

Hello,

Multiplus-II has to be in star (Y) configuration. Your situation is delta (Δ).

The operation manual says (s. 4.4.8):

"Note: the MultiPlus-II is not suitable for the 3-phase delta (Δ) configuration."

So from the manual - this is not supported.

Regards,

Gerhard

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Delta Victor avatar image
Delta Victor answered ·

Best to use the search function for this.

When using the term "Belgium" and "België" you will find a lot of topics about it.

Technically it is possible to use a multiplus II in a Δ 230V grid, best to use the EM540 meter (or the slower em24). When just using a single inverter i think its not really a problem. When using it in a 3phase system the ground relay needs to be deactivated, what's not possible under local grid code (synergrid C10/11).

As i remember the following people have the same setup, so please ask them:

@sunnybeam

@tokke

@Kristof G.

@ward-van-duppen

2 |3000

rampage avatar image
rampage answered ·

note that the voltage doesn't follow an perfect sinus like whit an 3F+N so will probaly need software support from victron.

for 3F 230v nets in belgium its not obligated to have the anti islanding active, as this isn't possible on this kind of distributon net as there is no neuter to messure from.

any code enforcer is aware of this and won't make an problem, have installed an lot of them myself.

2 |3000

deneric avatar image
deneric answered ·

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the input. I will abandon this idea and just replace the solar panel inverter with a hybrid inverter + battery. More efficient, simpler to do, no risk and i can add some panels on the roof.

Thanks!

2 comments
2 |3000

Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. commented ·

hoi @DenEric ,

sorry i have seen this post to-late .

but i have only 1 quattro in my system ( what works ) .and here indeed Delta Grid too.

with ziehl ufr1001e infront

i do not have the money to buy 2 or 3 extra quattro's to test it out ... in my setup i have 3x PV inverters also ... L1-2 / L1-3 / L2-3 and that works flawless

i have abandon this Victron Idee too for Delta setup .

i am in touch with Deye Hybrid systems ( i want to have Victron but hé ) , i think they make a good replacement.

Deye : in the settings they clame , you can change it to a IT-system grid and via the Smart-Gen in-output you can connect a PV inverter .

= still looking for more info about this inverter Deye - 10k - EU ( low voltage )

or hoping that Victron will support Delta soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
deneric avatar image deneric Kristof G. commented ·
Hi Kristof,

I recommend you make sure the inverter you install can be configured from delta to star, A few years from now your grid company / fluvius may decide to re-configure the grid in your street!

That will happen eventually, when even more people start installing panels and buying electric cars.

I doubt Victron will make the effort to support Delta connections to the grid. The market is too small and the competition to big to justify the cost.

Good luck with Deye.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources