ac Image

ac

AC power on and off 3 seconds

My ac power (24/3000/70 Multiplus) cycles on and off every 3 seconds. Cerbo GX screen on and off and microwave. When it occurs, Cerbo screen shows 9w ac load, no pv data. I turned on ac load(lamp, phone charger) and Cerbo returned to normal, no cycling, screen then showed 85w ac load, pv 117w(cloudy). My BMV712 is not working. Why is this happening?

Jeff Ferguson asked
Rob Fijn answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Pass Through With Batts Disconnected

Does it hurt a Multiplus to have it turned on to allow AC pass through with no batteries connected? I am in the middle of battery upgrade and would like to have AC power in the trailer.

scottthardin asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

Active AC input disconnected

Multiplus 2, 48/5000/70, NO ess, no grid, Input is generator. VRM Portal says latest updates are installed

Has been working excellently for 4+ years, all of a sudden, while charging from generator, is stops accepting charge and says disconnection. I have checked all fuses and connections and are solid.

Have looked at all Q&A here. Nothing seems to change.

Also, batteries are at80% and the inverter shuts down stating "low battery power"

This been happening same time as we get "disconnected" generator or AC Input.

H E L P

ed-adam asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

No AC on battery

Hello I have a brand new Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80-50. My batteries are at 13.4 volts. I don't get AC power on the output terminals at the inverter. I see 13.4 volts on the link distributor. I am using 2/0 wire from batteries to the link distributor and 2/0 wire from inverter to the link distributor. I have the AC out connected to my load center in the trailer via 10 AWG. I switched the main break off on the trailer load center and still don't have AC out on the terminals. If I connect shore power, I get 120V on the AC out terminals and to the trailer load center. Microwave will work when on shore power. Shore power in is wire via 10 AWG and on a 30A breaker.

What should I look at next to troubleshoot?

[image]

opiekelly asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

3 Answers

Multiplus II not connection to mains on low battery voltage

Hi All,

I have a 12V system with the following AC Input Control configuration:-

Connect when SOC drops below: Disabled

Connect when battery voltage drops below: 10.9V - it is this setting that doesn't work!!

Delay before connection: 0ms

Disconnect AC input on: Battery Voltage

Disconnect when voltage higher than: 11.3V

Delay before disconnection: 0ms

I recall it did work when I had the "Connect when SOC drops below:" enabled but I found this method inaccurate with my Ni-Fe battery type (all else works fine). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

social-fabric asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

using MPPT solar inverter DC input with an AC generator

Hello,

I have a question regarding the possibility of using an AC generator with an MPPT solar inverter.

So basically I have a wind power turbine, the generator is a 3 phases permanent magnet synchrone generator.

In order to have a DC voltage, I will use a diode bridge with a DC/DC converter to meet the requirement of DC input of the inverter.

Lets say I will use the Victron EasySolar-II GX (who handle a DC input between 38V - 66V) without battery, and I'm able with the diode bridge and the DC/DC converter to convert the voltage of the AC generator to a DC voltage that oscillate between 38V - 66V. Will the inverter be able to generate power and behave normally ?

I want to know too how the MPPT will work under those circumstances. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, from what I understood, the MPPT algorithme changes the value of the voltage on the DC input in order to find and drag maximum power. In the system that I explained above, the source imposes the voltage I believe, how the MPPT algorithm will be able to find the maximum power point?

Feel free to ask more questions if I misexplain something.

Thanks in advance

Regards

cydrox asked
bje answered ·

2 Answers

Multiplus 24/1200/25 switching between charger and inverter

I have a Victron Multiplus 24/1200/25 hooked up to a set of series parallel Blue Nova BN13V-108-1.4k lithium iron phosphate batteries. I also make use of a Victron Battery Monitor BMV-702. I use the Multiplus as a backup/UPS to provide power during power outages at my house. I observe the following behaviour of the Multiplus:

• When AC power is lost, the Multiplus switches to the inverter and provides power, as expected.

• When the AC power is restored, the Multiplus starts charging the batteries, as expected.

• After a few minutes, the inverter will kick in again, and the fan will spin up.

• After a few seconds, the fan turns off, and the charger starts charging the batteries again.

• After a few minutes, the inverter and the fan turn on again.

• After a few seconds, the charger turns on again, but this time the fan remains on. The charger and fan remain on until the batteries are fully charged.

• Once the batteries are charged, the fan stops, and the charger goes into absorption mode.

This pattern consistently repeats itself each time the AC power is restored. This happens even if I unplug the Multiplus, and plug it in again after some use (ie, without an actual AC interruption from the utility). Is this pattern of switching between charging and inverting expected each time the AC power is restored? I would expect it to switch to charging only once, once AC power is restored. If this pattern is not expected, what could cause this?

frodob asked
frodob answered ·

6 Answers

How do I get the Multi RS solar to accept my AC IN from the generator.

Hi there, I have wired my setup virtually identical to the one shown in the manual for the Multi RS solar, with the exception of the BMS i/o but this is not relevant here.

I'm trying to get the multi rs solar to start charging my batteries, (and / or pass electricity through the multi) from the AC supplied by a generator.

However when It's all connected I get just a few watts being registered if any, - AC IN relay states that it is open, and I get a flashing plug icon on the multi RS.

I have tested the ac and all seems as it should, save for a small amount of voltage detected between neutral and earth. - So I gave the system a dedicated clean earth to eliminate this and still have the same issue.

I have also looked at the knowledge base for similar issues and scoured the web - and any answers that seem like they could solve my problem dont seem to apply for me.

For example, on other units there seems to be a tick box option to accept lower quality AC from generators. which is not available on the menus for the multi rs solar from the victron connect app.

I don't have solar connected at the moment as my panels haven't arrived. and am not sure if that's in any way relevant.

What is it that the multi is looking for in order to accept the AC that i can provide?

Many thanks in advance for any advice here

Neil.

Neil M asked
wkirby answered ·

3 Answers

Solution for a large voltage drop AC In for Multiplus 12/3000/120

Hi,

I have installed a Multiplus 12/3000/120 on a sailing yacht and I notice a large voltage drop on the AC In side.

- All cables from shore plug up to AC In are 2.5mm2
- Cable distances are from shore plug to yacht = 15m / from yacht in to Multiplus = 5m
- I have one RCD between shore and the AC In (also one after AC Out)
- Voltage from shore without load is 218V
- Voltage AC In drops from 218V to 205-210V when charging at 90Amps 12V
- I notice a quite large negative power reading on the AC Out (up to -100W)
- When decreasing the charger output to <30 Amps 12V the AC In voltage rises to around 216V and the AC Out power reading rises to around -10W
- When not connected to shore, the inverter gives a normal 230V to the AC Out

You can find a screenshot below of the Victron Connect which shows all figures.

Is this issue purely depending on the Marina I'm berthing (old cabling, trafo issues...) or are there any internal/installation aspects I might be looking into?
Is the AC Out negative reading a side effect of the voltage drop on the AC In?

[image]

Thanks!

Basile

basile-cools asked

0 Answers

AC Input not showing correctly

On my Mutliplus II 48/8000/110-100 my AC in does not show correctly.

[image]

Above - Battery charging at 5368w AC In showing 0.8amps / -5w

[image]

Above - Normal operation Inverting from battery.

[image]

In systen Setup I have AC Input 1 as GRID?

Any suggestions how to correct this? The Multiplus II has acted this way from the start.

I am trying to implement ESS scheduled charging and feel this AC Input issues is stopping scheduled charging from activating.

scottbl asked
Drew Strobel answered ·

2 Answers

AC Cable sizing for Multiplus II 48/5000/230

Speccing out a home battery storage system using a multiplus II 48/5000 230v. Looking at the maximum AC in - this is rated at 50amps (11500va), so could be run in 10mm2 cabling, however if I've understood correctly the AC out side with powerassist could potentially deliver the grid feed in of 11500va plus a further 5000va from the inverter. So at 16500va (or 16.5kW) you would need 16mm2 cabling to feed back to the load side (consumer unit) - using online cable size calculator. Looking at the spec sheet the inverter only has 13mm2 terminals? So here in the UK, it's either 10mm or 16mm. 10mm is under-specced and 16mm won't fit in the inverters terminals. What am I missing?

flamegrilledmatt asked
dancrompton commented ·

6 Answers

Is AC Consumption a measured value?

My AC loads are supplied by the grid before Quattro. The critical loads on AC L1 are on the AC out of the Quattro, in addition to PV Inverter. Are my AC consumption values measured (how?) or are they calculated values?

[image]

shubham asked
shubham commented ·

1 Answer

Neutre et phase en court-circuit sur AC Out 1

Bonjour,

Je suis en train de réaliser une installation solaire hors réseau en Guyane (Multiplus 2 48/5000, RS Solar 450/100, batteries Pylontech US 5000). Pour l'instant aucun équipement n'a été mis sous tension car nous n'avons pas reçu les batteries, En vérifiant mes branchements, j'ai trouvé un court-circuit phase/neutre (l'ohm-mètre affiche 0), j'ai tout d'abord pensé avoir commis une erreur de câblage, après recherches ce n'est pas le cas, le court-circuit provient de la sortie AC Out 1 du Multiplus 2, la phase et le neutre sont reliées. S'agit-il d'un problème de l'appareil ou de l'effet d'une protection contre les éventuelles erreurs de branchement (le réseau sur la sortie onduleur par exemple)?
Merci pour vos retours,
Très cordialement.

Jacques

jacques-v asked
jacques-v answered ·

2 Answers

by pass AC input to AC out 1,2 when inverter fails

Hello all I am wondering if there is a setting using the programmable relay or other relays in the inverter that can be helpful to do so :

bypassing the AC input 1 to the loads those are connected to AC out 1 & 2 in case the inverter fails or shutdowns due to some errors.

eyub asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Can setting low temp cutoff in BMV-712 stop AC converter charging?

I am running the BMV-712, Battery Smart Temp Sensor and the MPPT 100/15 with a 2x LiFePo4 200amp hour battery bank. The battery bank has BMS onboard but a low temp cutoff is not included unfortunately. I have things set with the MPPT to cutoff charging at 3deg C but that is only when charging from solar. It looked like if I set the BMV-712 relay low temp cutoff setting to 3deg C, it would cut charging regardless of whether it was from solar or the AC charge converter but my tests are showing the relay closed when it's supposed to be, however the AC charge converter is still charging the battery bank. Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you in advance.

jdhaasdmb asked
avk13 answered ·

2 Answers

Topic resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic
78 Posts
77 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
329 Points
nickdb