feed-in limit Image

feed-in limit

Grid feed-in / maximum phase current

Hi

I would like to know, if the grid feed-in setting (watts) is single- or three-phase, when you have three phase grid and only one multiplus in a system? I have a grid meter, Fronius on-grid 3-phase inverter on multi input + Easysolar 2 on phase 1, and together they could blow the phase 1 main fuse if load is low enough and there is enough solar power available. This is for outgoing energy, but the same question applies for consumption:

Is there a way to limit Easysolar/Multiplus charge current via grid meter, to avoid blowing main fuses? (25A main fuse, ATM 16A max grid charging current, but other appliances might be powered while charging and the risk of blowing the mains is real).

I've tried to search the forums and manuals for this info, but haven't found an answer yet, so I would be very thankful for any insight on this matter.

Kari Saaranen asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Adjust battery discharge to live consumption

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the world of solar energy. Currently I have a basic setup with a 600W inverter and a couple of panels feeding the inverter. The inverter is feeding into my house and the excess into the grid.

I know think about an expansion of the system with a battery storage. Using an Mppt charge controller to charge the battery and hook up the inverter to the battery. I would like to limit the inverter to the demand that my house has. Unfortunately the inverter does not offer such capability and finding one that does comes at a high price. And the availibility is also really bad right now.

So my idea was to install a ET340 and then have some sort of regulator in between the battery and the inverter. I know that this control loop will never be perfect but I don't care too much about a couple of Watts feeding into the grid. I just want to prevent the inverter to drain my battery with 600W while I only consume 200W or so.

Has anyone any idea of a device that I could plug inbetween the battery and the inverter that could form such a control loop together with an ET340 and maybe a Cerbo GX?

Regards,
Nils

nilres asked

0 Answers

DC feed-in

Bonjour,

Une installation simple : MultiPlus II 8000, deux MPPT 250/85 avec 11 panneaux chacun de 450Wc. Un Cerbo, ESS de configurer. Une fois la batterie pleine, le Victron n'injecte plus de puissance et les MPPT s'arrêtent.

Option "Dc feed-in" activée code France VDE 126-1-1 sélectionné

Quelqu'un aurait-il une idée ?

lalluyn asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

2 Answers

Limit battery usage with no GX device

I will be installing a new system, but the proper battery install will delay for a bit. Same for the Cerbo installation.

So, the system will get online using a 48V LFP battery with no communication, that has a limit of 100A constant discharge current, charging from solar. Math works out, but I also want to limit battery usage (system will be connected to the grid as well).

Is there a way to limit battery usage in this case? If I went li-ion, I would have been able to set low voltage limit on the Multiplus and it would stop inverting at that point; however, the LFPs have a very flat voltage curve, and I don’t think this trick will work, as it does on another installation of mine.

In other words, I want full inverter power when solar is available, but when there is not enough solar, I’m trying to find a way to limit battery discharge percentage. No GX communication at the moment.

Any ideas?

thanar asked
Alexandra commented ·

3 Answers

Micro-inverters compatible with MP2 ?

Hi. I read many posts about micro-inverter but can we find somewhere wich ones are compatible with frequency shifting ? (connected to AC out 1).

- Enphase IQ7: seem OK (but expensive because Q relay/console),

- Hoymiles: seem OK,

- APSystems: NO

Thank you for your feedback.

David.

davidp asked
Matthias Lickert edited ·

1 Answer

Failed ESS grid set point following

Hi,

I using 2 multiplus ii 5000/48 in parallel and i disabled the grid feed-in from Ess and i set the grid setpoint 0 ..But he continues to have grid feed-in 30-200w...IS NOT ARROUND SET POINT.

With an single multiplus with the grid setpoint 0, feed-in it was accepatable 0.1-0.2kw per day , but with both multiplus in parallel is more than 1kw per day !!! i don't want this.

I found a temporary solution with setpoint at 100w+. But I don't want to take it 100w from grid when it's sunny outside or when I'm using the batteries.

My System: 2 x Multiplus II 5000/48 (paralell), 1 x Smartsolar Mppt 150/100, 1 x Smartsolar Mppt 150/70 Tr, Bmv-712, Venus Os 2.90, 3x battery balancer, battery bank 500Ah at 48v, 7.2kw solar panels.

Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you!

[image]

[image]

pfloryann asked
pfloryann edited ·

0 Answers

ESS Grid feed-in

I have setup grid feed-in limit to 0W and it still feeds in to more than 400 W. I tried to disable feed-in also, but still feeds-in as well at to 400 W.

What might be the problem?

[image]

Image Caption

[image]

[image]

[image]

bskz asked
micius answered ·

4 Answers

Pas d'injection provenant du MPPT

Bonjour,

J'ai l'option "DC Feed-in" d'activée mais lorsque ma batterie arrive à 100%, le MPPT arrête de produire de l'énergie.

[image]

On le voit clairement sur les deux graphiques.

[image]

Seul le PV AC réinvente le surplus .....

Note : je n'ai pas limité la puissance d'injection.

lalluyn asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Minimum input current limit Quattro 1931

Can someone tell me what the minimum input current limit is for the Quattro 1931 when using PowerAssist, this model is not listed in the spreadsheet on Victron Professional. Thank's in advance.

dagamma asked
dagamma commented ·

2 Answers

Really simple Multiplus II installation: How to zero grid feed-in?

Hello,

I am in the process of building a small ESS system for my house. I have three-phase power, but I want to start slow, feeding just some critical loads; There is no solar at the moment.

I will be installing a 3s3p solar array, connected to a SmartSolar charge controller, feeding a couple of Pylontechs and a Multiplus II 5kW. ALL loads will be connected on the "critical loads" output of the inverter. The Multiplus will be connected to the grid, in case the battery runs out, or for the rare case there's excess demand. I want absolutely zero feed-in back to the grid. I will not be adding any more hardware at this time. Two additional Multipluses will be added later, along with a Cerbo, but not right now.

I am trying to understand what I need to do in order to be sure that there is no backfeed to the grid using the aforementioned configuration. Does the Multiplus also outputs from the AC-in, on not?

Thanx.

thanar asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

Victron Multi + Fronius Primo Hybrid system!

Hi,

I am having the Fronius AC Coupled at Multi's AC Out1, and trying to set all for Grid Feed-in limited to a given value.

Should it be the Fronius discovered on the Modbus TCP device list? for me is not there. Scanning not helps.

Thanks,

zsolt asked
anthony answered ·

1 Answer

Zero Feed-in: which modbus option is correct?

there are several topics about zero feed in, but none really answers my question.

I want to set "zero-feed-in" via Modbus.

but there are more options, how to do that:

1. set register 2706 "Maximum System Grid Feed In" to 0W

2. set register 2707 "Feed excess DC-coupled PV into grid" to 0

and at same time set register 2708 "Don’t feed excess AC-coupled PV into grid" to 1

3. set register 39 "ESS disable feedback flag phase" to 1

I have tested option 1 and 2 so far, which seem to work.

But is there a difference between those options?! Or are all options acceptable and will lead to the same result?

Or is there a special and preferred way to do it?

BTW:

i also noticed, that even if i use option 1 or 2 for zero feed in, the grid set point is still "valid"

If i use a gridset point of e.g. -100W, the multis still would feed in, even if register 2706/2707/2708 would basically not allow it.

So to make "zero feed in" really work, you also need to change the gridset point to 0 or a positive value.

thanks!

pedaaa asked

0 Answers

DC-Coupled Feed-in: Multiplus II is limiting PV power

Hello,

The system is:

- Multiplus II 48V 5000VA 70/50

- 2 x US3000C Pylontech.

- Cerbo GX.

- 5.2kW PV in DC-coupled with:

- 4 x SmartSolar MPPT 150/45 (2 with 4 pannels and 2 with 2 pannels)

The problem/issue:

- All is working fine, but when battery is charged the max power feeded to grid from PV is 3600W so there is wasted energy from PV. It seems like inverter is trying to keep production at 74Ah (DCL from CAN BMS).

My question:

- Is the Multiplus limiting the max power to feed grid at DCL parameter from CAN BMS although the energy is coming from PV field and not from battery? What can I do to feed grid with all the PV field power?

Thanks.

Edit:

- All MPPT are working together and controled by Cerbo GX by BMS (DVCC enabled). Charge Voltage (42.8v) and Charge Current (45A each) are setted at maximum by Cerbo, so the MPPT are no limiting, is limiting the Multiplus Inverter.

puntasso asked
smart-home answered ·

3 Answers

MPPT 100/20 sometimes no power in ESS configuration

Hello,

I have a Multiplus 2 48v 3000 and a MPPT 100/20 with a 48V lead acid battery. The MPPT 100/20 is connected to 2x275W panels (60 cells each). On ACin there is also a AC coupled PV inverter.

I configured ESS with the option "Grid feedin -> DC-coupled PV - feed in excess -> activ".

Grid setpoint -> 0W

Inverter Power limit -> 750W

Sometimes the MPPT feeds in power but sometimes not (screenshot).

When does the MPPT decide not ot feed in even when there is high load?

[image]

In low load condition the AC PV power is used to charge the battery, the MPPT does only start a few times today as you can see on the screenshot.

[image]

Thanks

Kind regards

klarglas asked
klarglas answered ·

2 Answers

Mppt dc export, grid limit, is this normal normal behaviour

Hi

When dc export enabled (with grid limit of 2.5kw) and a fully battery (absorbtion or float). The mppt acts not how I expected.

It goes to 0 output when grid limit is hit, battery then begins to discharge slightly and the the mppt goes back to full power. This causes voltage in battery to spike even in absorption/float stage.

I thought the mppt would slowly scale not go 0 to max and then keep repeating said process.

Is that the correct way the mppt should perform or am I missing a setting somewhere?

matt1309 asked
matt1309 answered ·

1 Answer

19 Posts
17 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

sharpener
83 Points
Alexandra
80 Points
marc-heide