question

Gonzalo chain avatar image
Gonzalo chain asked

Grid aware full house circuit breaker

I am a newbie but managed to have a satisfying ESS system operating in my house. The system is using Victron multiplus ii with pylontech batt. and solaredge solar inverter all set up in parallel. So far so good.

I want to go one step forward and add blackout capabilities to feed power to house when grid failure. I have read the ESS manual and many articles on how to hook up solar edge, victron, etc. for achieving this next step but i wonder if there is a simpler solution (maybe I am over simplifying). Isn’t there a grid sensing, whole house, relay driven circuit breaker that can be used? Doesn’t this exists already? A breaker that is activated when it detects grid failure and signals victron to start inverting from batteries to feed current to house. Then when beaker detects grid restoration messages Victron to stop inverting?

ESSgrid parallelgrid relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

connect your house to critical output of multiplus 2 it works automatically (ac out 1), only option...

you cant do anything on ac in side, as soon as grid is lost, multiplus will disconnect AC in

if your solar inverter is on Ac in side it will also turn off with grid failure, to keep it running it should also be on ac out 1

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic