grid parallel Image

grid parallel

multi plus 48/3000 parallel with grid

Hello.

I use a Multi plus 48/3000 inverter which is connected to the grid via the Virtual switch function. The batteries are charged only from MPPT.

The network comes into operation only when the batteries are discharged or when the consumption exceeds the value set by me. AC1 is 16 amps. The network also has 16 amps. The inverter has 13A.

How can I make the inverter work in parallel with the grid, in order to have a higher power? (16 amps + 13 amps).

Thank you

ciprian-dobrescu asked
ciprian-dobrescu commented ·

2 Answers

Problem with two Quattro in parallel. Sometimes instable.

Hello to all,

I have a problem with two Quattro. As soon as they run in parallel on the mains, the two inverters sporadically " oscillate ". They then make a loud humming noise and then switch off very briefly and then on again. Then it goes on again for some time without problems until it starts again.

With only one Quattro, the system works without any problems.

It also works without problems with both Quattro when the grid is switched off (off-grid).

The effect only occurs with parallel operation on the grid.

The AC and DC cabling is symmetrical (identical cables and cross-sections).

The AC and DC currents were measured and are almost identical/symmetrical (+/- 1-2 %).

The Quattro were parameterised with the MK3 via Quick-Configuration (network: Europe, as I live in Spain). Same type and firmware (updatet to newest).

It seems that the Quattro build each other up on the mains and then switch off briefly for safety. For a short time, very high currents (> 100A) flow on the DC side with only a low load.

I have already exchanged master and slave. Without any change. The problem persists.

No error message is displayed on the CCGX.

Can anyone give me tips on how to solve the problem?

Thank you very much!

Greetings from Spain, Thomas

211201 PV Stromlaufplan.pdf

tnt369 asked
tnt369 answered ·

2 Answers

SMA Tri10000 and multiplus inverter

Hi, All

I have a client who already has SMA tri10000 inverter and 7 kWp solar on site. He also have 10 kWh LTO battery and would like to connect with 3 of multi 3kVa inverter. We are in Australia and multi with battery is not allowed to connect to the grid. We are thinking to connecting SMA to multi and grid as back up. The idea is to install a relay on grid side, when battery is low , contactor close and use grid to supply load. When battery is above some value, use solar and battery to supply the load. All solar and battery energy will NOT be allowed to export to grid. and Grid will not charge battery. I am not sure whether we can achieve this as I did not find any info about 0 EXPORT from SMA - victron connection. Thanks

john2019 asked

0 Answers

What happens with two Multiplus in parallel not linked with each other

Background: I have an old Multiplus 48/5000/70 and I would like to increase the available power with a second battery bank

I'd like to know what happens if I connect the output of a Multiplus to an existing grid formed by another Multiplus. Would it be any different if any or both of the Multiplus is a Multiplus II instead. note that in this example the two Multiplus would not be linked together in parallel, it cannot work as this would require a single battery bank.

Take this schema from the MultiGrid datasheet.

[image]

In this schema, Let's replace the MultiGrid by a Multiplus II (as I understand the Multiplus II is an improvement of the MultiGrid). Let's replace the PV inverter by another Multiplus and the PV array by a separate battery bank (that too has solar panels).

What would happen in such a scenario ?

edit: an answer below tells us that it's impossible to connect the output of two Multiplus together without linking them. But then, if the Multiplus is capable of feeding back current to its AC input, the second Multiplus can be connected via its AC input.

If it doesn't work by replacing the PV Inverter by a Multiplus, can I take the PV inverter and plug it to some batteries instead ?

Thank you

mildred asked
shaneyake commented ·

3 Answers

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.