gx device Image

gx device

Using programmable relay on GX on loss of internet connectivity to the VRM servers

Has anyone been able to program a relay (be it GX or MultiPlus or BMV) to function when the GX loses contact to the VRM server (same as the reboot function of the GX on loss of internet)

I have a NBN (internet provider) NTD (network termination device which is a LTE wireless connection) that often freezes up and requires rebooting to re-establish connectivity to the internet - I want to program the Victron system to restart the NTD on loss of internet ( detected by the GX) by using the programable relays to open then close long enough to cut power to the NTD and restart it

i cant use the remote switching of the unit as one the internet goes down i dont have the ability to turn it back on remotely

ideally if the remote switch function of the MultiPlus could have a restart timer (so off for say 2 mins then automatically restarts again) this will work as the NTD is powered by the MultiPlus

is there a work around to do this?

using the generator stop start function may work with a min run time of 1 min doing it but it would have to be automatic on loss of connectivity as you cant manually control it when internet is already down

Nigel Charlesworth asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

EasySolar-II GX 24/3000 with USB BT dongle for Ruuvi and Mopeka sensors

Hi,

I'm trying to build a solar system around an EasySolar-II GX 24/3000 and I'd like to attach a USB Bluetooth dongle to it, like TP-LINK UB5A, or something similar.

I need this for connecting to Ruuvi temperature sensors and Mopeka tank level sensors and the internal GX module of the EasySolar does not have BT.

The ultimate goal ofcourse is to have all the information nicely available in VRM.

Anyone tried or knows if this can be done?

Thank you,

Alin

alin asked

0 Answers

Déport GX Touch

Bonjour Chers Victroniennes et Victroniens,

Quelqu'un a-t-il déjà eu besoin de déporter le GX Touch dans un autre emplacement que celui où se trouve le CERBO?

Utilisation de rallonges HDMI-HDMI + USB-USB ou bien via KVM IP?

A vous lire

Victronement vôtre

maa asked
cedricr21 commented ·

11 Answers

What is the warranty period for the GX Touch 7?

Is the warranty five years like the power generation equipment? I doubt it.....but need to know what the actual warranty terms are. Thank you for your attention!

Jim Ryan asked
Jim Ryan commented ·

1 Answer

FeatureRequest: EasySolar2 GX & MP2 GX 2x16 Display Customisation - Show Tanks & Temperature Sensors On Built-In 2x16 Screen (For Offline Use)

Hey Everyone,

I dont think what we need can be done, so asking on here to double check and maybe get some upvotes in the hope Victron add to their dev list.

Open to suggestions for possible DIY modifications, if that is possible, but would prefer to avoid modifications to Victron GX products under warranty.

Snip below is from ES2GX manual - GX Device Display - lists no possible options for customisation

[image]

I have 2 client systems, both are mobile systems in RV's utilising a EasySolar2 GX 48/3000 at their heart. Both Systems have a USB Hub with BT dongle for Ruuvi's and a GX Tank 140, which is used to connect 24v 4-20ma Tank senders.

The problem comes from them being mobile installations, as the 4G signal can be patchy and is occassionally unavailable for their chosen location.

When they are offline, they have no way to access the Tank information without resorting to remote console on LAN, which is not really suitable for all types of User.

Connecting to a wifi network that doesnt have internet, to get to the remote console on LAN, to then be able to look at the tanks seems a bit crazy, as the GX device has an inbuilt display to provide the essential information at a glance.

Primary use of this display, IMO, would be for when there is no internet, so would be handy to be able to see all of the relevant information to the system on it, not just a set of defaults.

Whilst the Tank's not being displayed is the primary complaint, it would be nice to be able to display the Ruuvi tag information on this screen also, but tank information is most important.

As the GX device is integrated and internally connected to the multi & MPPT I cannot even swap it out for a Cerbo & GX Touch, so am a bit stumped on how to proceed.

At present the only option I have to resolve both customers complaints is to purchase a tablet/ipad, mount locally in Kiosk mode, then use this to display the remote console.

This is only marginally better than using remote console on a phone, if this is how it has to be done then I would have to use GuiMods to customise the remote console to show the info on the home screen.

Any suggestions on how else this could be done would be very much appreciated, cheap tablets are almost always trouble!

If these features can be added to Venus OS then they would be useful to all systems containting a ES2GX, MP2GX or MaxiGX.

Cheers,

Rob

alternativepowerprojects asked
alternativepowerprojects commented ·

1 Answer

Can I use a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50" instead of "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700"

Hi, I am installing a new system with the core components being a Multiplus 12/3000 inverter/charger, 2 x LiFePO4 Smart Batteries (12V/200Ah) & a VE.Bus BMS. I have been recommended to include a "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700", but I'm wondering if it would be better to replace those 2 items with a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50". I would like the ability to monitor/control things remotely, and I have read (in other posts here) that you cannot change any settings remotely (nor via the touch panel), that can be set via the physical switches on the DMC (which takes priority).

So my question is really, can you do everything via the Cerbo GX & Touch 50, thus doing away with the need for the DMC & BMV altogether?

solarboat asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

4 Answers

GX 50 Touch Screen not responding

I recently bought a GX 50 touch and Cerbo GX.

The GX 50 touch screen won't respond to touch inputs. I can adjust the screen display and settings using the VRM portal and it displays correct data but I'm unable to interface with the GX touch without using another device to access the VRM portal.

Am i missing a setting somewhere to enable the screen?

tbaylx asked
teddysx3 edited ·

6 Answers

Victron Energy GX Touch 50 unresponsive

I just installed a Victron Energy GX Touch 50 in tandem with my new Cerbo GX. The touch screen was working fine but then I used the remote console. After that, the touch screen will only show the last thing I did in the remote console and is unresponsive to touch gestures.

Is this a known issue?

How can I get the touch feature working again?

jonmarinello asked
teddysx3 edited ·

6 Answers

My GX 50 touch screen is dead after 2 weeks.

All of a sudden, i went to touch my display and no output. I unplugged & replugged the usb into a different one reseated the HDMI, rebooted the Cerbo GX. Nothing no output.

saullyman asked
teddysx3 answered ·

9 Answers

REC BMS + Cerbo GX + Touch 50 [Touch 50 display is on but touch not working]

I've got the HDMI and USB cables from the Touch 50 plugged into the Cerbo GX and the touchscreen won't respond.

My REC BMS is also plugged into the Cerbo GX and there is the text "REC BMS" overwriting the text of the top left corner on the display.

Is there a setting I need to adjust to get these two to harmonize?

[image]

[image]

thirdeyesamuel asked
Paul answered ·

3 Answers

Hello A question for the experts regarding GX units.

Where does the built-in GX device get its power supply from if you want to remotely update the firmware to an e.g. EasySolar or MultiplusII-GX? Considering "Confirm that the GX is not powered by the inverter. In order to remotely update the firmware on the VE.Bus system, it is important that the GX is not powered by the inverter." Grateful if someone can clarify the matter.

kpvicky asked
kpvicky commented ·

2 Answers

CANBus interface on GX
I have mainly a Victron system installed in a 5th Wheel RV; 1020W of Solar panels thru a 105V/100A MPPT solar controller, and a 12V/3000W/120A Inverter/Charger for shore side charging with a Bluetooth VE buss smart dongle. I installed it myself and used a MK2-USB to set up the Mulitiplus for the 500 Amps of AGM batteries I have. I also have a BMV-712 to monitor the system. I'm interested in upgrading to Lithium batteries and also adding one of the GX devices to be able to remotely monitor my system (I currently only use bluetooth locally).

I'm looking at Lithionics batteries, their internal BMS models have an output cable that supports RVIA RV-C and CANbus information, specifically it provides battery Voltage and Current data, battery Temperature and SOC data, remaining Ah capacity, desired charger state and charge specs, HVC and LVC status, total Ah capacity and current Power, accepts ON/OFF/Charge-ON commands and a few others. The link for the information specifications and protocols is here.

I've tried asking and looking around, but can't find anyone with answers. I would like to know if any of the Victron Venus GX or Color Control GX or Cerbo GX interfaces can accept this data from the Lithionics GTX12V315A batteries internal BMS using the CANBus data interface. And if all I would need is the Lithionics cable (75-H1FCR-CS2 Ampseal 8 Harness Kit), to plug into one of the GX's.

Also, is specific programming required for the GX?

green-monster asked
joedmadden answered ·

8 Answers

resistive analogue gauge with cerbo

Hi, Does victron have the software/know how yet (or a product) that will allow me to use the existing analogue gauges in conjunction with the cerbo GX. I have tried wiring them in both series and parrallel with resistive sender unit (240-33 Ohm) and they go out of scale when gauges are turned on. Works fine directly to sender unit however i need to keep the old analogue gauges in play. No room for additional senders in tanks

Many thanks

Craig

craig-souter asked
derrick thomas edited ·

2 Answers

BT dongle AND usb drive on same USB port on Easy Solar II

Easy Solar II has only 1 USB port. I would like to have BT dongle and usb stick on it (for recording data when connection is unavailable). Could this be done with simple USB Y splitter or do i need USB hub?

jj-o-jj asked
Dirk-Jan Faber answered ·

1 Answer

Pylontech not on Device List of Cerbo GX

I have a Multiplus II 48/5000/70 connected to a Pylontech US3000C battery (one unit) via a Cerbo GX box. No solar, only AC-in for battery recherge. So the main function is basically a glorified UPS for now. The mismatch in sizing is for future use: I only need to power a few computer stations now from this 3kW battery for a 2-hour load shedding bridge and for voltage stability, hence only 1x battery at this stage.

Problem: I cannot get the Pylontech battery to reflect on my Device List, viz

[image]

My firmware versions are:

[image]

[image]

I followed the Victron&Pylontech (/live/start) manual to the letter (I believe).

My at GX box connection to battery is a T568A cable from the BMS-Con with the 2nd port plugged with dead-end terminal (supplied with the GX):

[image]

Power to Cerbo GX is from Multiplus battery terminals:

[image]

T-sense wire connection can also be seen in the top-left corner.

Battery connections:

[image]

[image]

Left neg pole used for the temp sense. Removal of this to test if this was the problem did not resolve my issue.

DVCC settings:

[image]

I tried with "Limited Managed Charge Voltage" On and Off.

[image]

[image]

The Victron/Pylontech manual suggested that SVS and STS should be Off, and there should not be a "Limited Battery Charge Voltage"

The BMS-Can port speed of 500 kbps is correct, viz:

[image]

I do a "Redetect System" to try to load the Pylontech.

I really am stuck now as I understand that I need to see the Pylontech listed as a device to proceed further.

Please help!!

Thank you.

hovyd asked
hovyd commented ·

3 Answers

Followers

322 Posts
124 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

Alexandra
217 Points