solar Image

solar

Problem Smart Solar MPPT 150/58 - immer wieder Fehler 38

Hallo !

Ich habe folgende Konfiguration meiner Solaranlage

- ein Solarfeld Richtung Ost-Süd 1,4Kw 36V angeschlossen an einen SmartSolar MPPT 150/85

- ein Solarfeld Richtung Süd-West 1,4Kw 36V angeschlossen an einen SmartSolar MPPT 150/85

- eine Batteriebank 7x LiFePo4 12V /100Ah

- Wechselrichter 1500 Watt.

Beide Laderegler versorgen das Batteriepack parallel und Laden über VE.Smart-Netzwerk synchron.

Die Ladung klappt eigentlich ordentlich, aber jedes mal kurz bevor die Ladespannung auf 14.4 Volt steigt, schalten die Laderegler mit Fehler 38.

Jetzt habe ich mal das Synchrone laden deaktiviert, mal sehen ob der Fehler dann auch noch auftritt.

Hat jemand eine Lösung für dieses Problem ??

Danke schon mal in die Runde.

frank1804 asked
frank1804 answered ·

2 Answers

g99 application

hi simon i have submitted a g99 application to sp energy they are looking for

• A schematic drawing showing the G99 protection systems (the drawing you have supplied doesnt show the G99 protection)
  • A clear narrative description of the scheme that describes the scheme operation for Normal Mains Healthy, Loss of Mains, Returns of Mains and Paralleling (where applicable)
  • A site location drawing showing landowner boundary
  • Where a developer is representing a Customer or land owner we require a signed letter of authority to act on their behalf
  • any chance you could give me some guidance
  • the inverter is a type tested solis 5kw hybrid
  • thanks

mikey59 asked
craigc commented ·

0 Answers

What size SmartSolar MPPT?

Good day guys,

I am about to install the following system at home:

2 x Victron Multiplus II 48 /5000

1 x Victron SmartSolar MPPT RS 450 /100

1 x 14.3kwh Solar MD battery (Maybe 2)

22 x 545W Solar panels

I somehow think the SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100 might not be sufficient.....

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Regards,

JHP

peyper asked
peyper answered ·

2 Answers

Wechselstrom Eingang N/A und kein Verlauf "Zum Netz"

Ich habe folgende Installation:

Victron Cerbo GX und EM24 Zähler als Zweirichtungszähler.

Den Wechselrichter habe ich über DBUS Skript "angeschlossen".

Leider wird bei mir unter "Wechselstrom-Eingang" zwar jede einzelne Phase korrekt dargestellt, aber die Summe ist N/A.

[image]

Und in den Verlaufsdaten sehe ich nur die Energie aus dem Netz, nicht die Energie zum Netz.

An was kann das liegen?

[image]

Hier die Gesamtansicht:

[image]

sailorm asked
peregrines answered ·

7 Answers

Solar Victron MPPT charge issue

I’ve seen some similar posts on this topic and done some searching but I can’t seem to find anything too helpful. My setup was working great and then stopped so hopefully someone can help shed some light!

I have a simple setup in my t5.

100ah agm, victron MPPT, victron bat monitor, durite split charge, led lights, 12vfridge. Pretty basic.

Solar has seemed to be working really well since install but last weekend I went away, it was a very hot one and the fridge was on the whole trip. I noticed the battery had run itself down to 45% and figured that was weird since there was so much energy for my panel to suck up. I then noticed that the blue light on the MPPT was flashing which I have learned means there is power to the unit but it’s not charging the battery. The app shows 0W and doesn’t seem to be charging my battery anymore. I have checked the fuse on the unit and the inline fuse but both are intact and nothing else seems out of place.

Ang help or thoughts would be really appreciated. Thanks.

benjaloid asked
andy-h commented ·

4 Answers

mppt smart solar tr giving code 38

Ok I've already asked this question but again I have 2 mppt solar controllers that at dusk and only at dusk will give code 38. With out fail. I have only received one answer that did not solve problem I was hoping to get a victron support person to answer my question. They are 2 150/85's ties the the cerbo gx and unless I turn off the solar panel breakers every night they code out. What is causing this. Have installed many controllers and until the last 2 systems have never had this problem.

Stewart Hanford asked

0 Answers

Looking for professional system designer to help with EV Refit of a 48' Motor Yacht

[image]

Looking to hire/collaborate with a system designer who has previous experience designing a system for a motor yacht or sailboat. It can be globally based. We can collaborate over the internet using draw.io. I've created a rough diagram of my idea.

Please find my diagram here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_cgSoFykH7BRqq-ECAIdWs_vHTshDzvJ

I've posted the job here on UpWork where you can define your hourly rate for this job and get started right away securely:

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01247ccfe86909cddb

Looking forward tow working with you :)

D S asked
safiery commented ·

1 Answer

Mppt 100/20. Not registering solar.

I'm trying connect my 260ah AGM battery and 320w solar panel to my mppt 100/20. It registers the battery but I have 0w and 0v from the solar. I've triple checked the wires are connected properly and the right way round. I've checked the fuse and I've checked the wiring using a multi meter and there is power coming from the panel but the controller still isn't recognising it.

I'm aware it needs +5v above battery voltage to charge but I'd have through midday on a sunny day it would produce that easily.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone got any thing else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

ktillman79 asked
astrungis answered ·

3 Answers

Can SmartSolar & SmartShunt sense Load/Charge current and optimize?

I am planning to buy a smartshunt to my setup but I'm not sure if it helps smartsolar's adaptation to third party inverter usage. Could anybody verify? I have seen on one post that smartshunt doesn't share live current data through VE.network.

----

Long explanation: I want my system to recognise constantly changing load on my third party inverter and act accordingly. For example, at current setup I cannot set a proper tail amp for my bank. That annoys me. I'm currently way over my budget but if it helps I would buy that also.

Rv solar system:

Battery: lead gel deep cycle 12v 100ah x 10pcs / 2s 5p | midpoints connected

Battery balancing: no brand capacitive 2s balancer from amazon

Inverter: 3000w 230v cotek sk3000-224

Pv1: 3s 2p total 1380 w on 100/50 SmartSolar mppt

Pv2: 3s 1p total 615 w on 100/30 SmartSolar mppt

Both Mppt are on same ve.network and syncing.

Emre asked
Emre answered ·

3 Answers

Power output only if sufficient solar

I'd like to leave my fridge running whilst I'm not using the van, so I can have cold drinks whenever I may want one.

However, I dont want to be using battery power, what I'd really like is to only have power to the fridge only if there is sufficent solar to run it.

Is there any output indicating solar availability on a bluesolar solar charger that could be used to drive a relay?

Or any other way of doing this? Maybe using the output voltage, or the voltage at the solar input?

Thanks

btv128 asked
btv128 answered ·

2 Answers

Alternator + SmartSolar charging

I would like to simultaneously charge the LiFePo batteries in my van from both my 200w pv panel controlled with a smart solar75/15 and the alternator via an Orion 12/12. However, I’m finding that the smartsolar always goes to Float shortly after I start driving and the alternator kicks in - even with soc at 50%. Is there any way to avoid this?

Jason asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Prioritize MPPT Solar Energy over Shore

I've been trying to figure this out. Spent a lot of time researching and today tried for several hours, but came up with nothing. Even tried using a Self Consumption Hub, but ended up with: Using VECONFIG I set it up and then you select a policy. All but two are deprecated. I tried the two and I could not get any AC power, I received a Error 6 - Error in DDC Program.

Victron, here is the ideal solution, which might not exist in your firmware, but it is to dynamically limit the AC Input based on the solar and based on the AC Demand.

I.E. If the AC demand is 2000 watts and we have 500 watts of solar, limit the AC Input to 1500 watts. If the Solar is 1500 watts and demand is less than that, switch to Inverter. I'm hoping, if the AC Input limiter cannot handle frequent changes, then give us a threshold. The goal is to use direct solar and avoid tapping the batteries so we aren't charge/discharge.

Please point me in the right direction, or take this as a feature request.

looknow12 asked
looknow12 commented ·

0 Answers

How to Prioritize Solar MPPT over Shore Power Multiplus II

I have installed a Multiplus II on my boat. I also have solar panels connected through two MPPTs, and a Smart Shunt connected to the house battery bank (5 - 12V AGM batteries). The system is connected to a Cerbo GX with a touch 50.

My question is this: Is there an easy way to prioritize solar power over shore power when the boat is connected to shore power?

I have seen many posts from a few years ago but there seems to be no clear answer. The ideal situation would be when the sun is shining the batteries remain at 100% SOC and the solar powers the boat. If the load exceeds the solar output, the Multiplus II would make up the difference using shore power.

I look forward to hearing back from the community.

Thank you,

Ralph

ralphd asked
stevenebraun answered ·

4 Answers

VRM Solar W - showing Negative Value

Hi All

I am curious - the PV is showing -1W - can anyone explain why this would be - or is this nothing to be concerned about ?

[image]

Thanks all,

Tim

miya asked
miya commented ·

1 Answer

Adding a Quattro to a large diesel installation

[image]

I would like to add a Quattro system, 90kVA, with a solar array 81kWp Inverter to a large diesel generator array, ~500kVA. Off Grid. It will be inconvenient to separate part of the load to run off the Quattro. This will also reduce the possible renewable energy penetration provided by the equipment as some of the solar might be curtailed when the load is lesser and the batteries are full.

What I would like to do is connect the Quattro output to the existing grid, attach the Fronius to the quattro output. This way the quattro and solar can interact with the entire load. See mockup drawing. It would meter the load, generator output power, PV output power, balance the system, and curtail the PV power if needed.

Is this possible in the vitron programming if I implement the metering devices shown?

sureshcs asked

0 Answers

314 Posts
293 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

JohnC
545 Points
Alexandra
208 Points
martinsteer
60 Points