question

Joel Bosrup avatar image
Joel Bosrup asked

Solaredge PV Inverter Modbus - DC data

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to extract data from a Solaredge PV inverter connected to Victron GX by modbus, more specifically the PV DC current and voltage.

I have a Solaredge SE6000H AC coupled to a Multiplus-II GX on AC In, and for all my needs this setup works like a charm. The SE is connected to the MP using modbus, and this too works like a charm. Using Node-Red on a Pi, I communicate with the MP over modbus and get data from both MP and SE. For the latter, I get AC power, voltage and current.

What I would like to do is read further details provided by the SE. When connecting the SE directly to Node-Red, the Sunspec message contains data about the DC voltage and current. It would be interesting to have access to these numbers, to get a rough idea about the SE efficiency.

From what I can see in the latest (3.30) CCGX Modbus Register List, Victron only passes on the AC data. Filtering for "com.victronenergy.pvinverter", AC seems all there is. Am I missing something? Is there another way of accessing the SE DC (and other) data? I know SE only allows one concurrent modbus connection, is there a workaround for accessing the full sunspec message anyway?

Cheers,

Joel

Multiplus-IIModbus TCPgx devicesolaredge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers