question

tbaylx avatar image
tbaylx asked

GX 50 Touch Screen not responding

I recently bought a GX 50 touch and Cerbo GX.

The GX 50 touch screen won't respond to touch inputs. I can adjust the screen display and settings using the VRM portal and it displays correct data but I'm unable to interface with the GX touch without using another device to access the VRM portal.

Am i missing a setting somewhere to enable the screen?

cerbo gxgx device
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

Want version firmware are you running? Have you updated it to a version greater than 2.57. The notification of release for 2.57 does mention fixing an issue with the touch screen hanging.

See point 2 in this article.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/07/13/venus-os-v2-57-cerbo-gx/

GX Touch display freezing up – solved
There was an issue that could cause the GX Touch display to freeze. The issue has been found and solved in this new version.

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The screen should work out of the box, did you removed the protective foil of the screen?
I think you should contact your dealer to get a replacement.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tbaylx avatar image tbaylx commented ·

Yes i took off the screen protector. I'll reach out to the dealer. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
ram5500-camperthing avatar image
ram5500-camperthing answered ·

I am having the same issue with mine. Were you ever able to fix this?

2 |3000

thechad avatar image
thechad answered ·

Same issue here... ☹️

3 comments
2 |3000

thechad avatar image thechad commented ·
A reboot of the CergoGX with the display connected resolved the issue for me....
3 Likes 3 ·
bvrver avatar image bvrver thechad commented ·
Worked for me. Thanks! Enjoy your Utube videos!
0 Likes 0 ·
rxr avatar image rxr thechad commented ·
Thank you! I don't know why it's not at the top of the user manual, in big red letters.
0 Likes 0 ·
Frank A. avatar image
Frank A. answered ·

I had the same problem. Updating the Gx device to the latest firmware and rebooting with the touch50 connected resolved it.

2 |3000

wbogan avatar image
wbogan answered ·

I had the same issue. I pulled power on Cebo GX, added power back, and then the screen started working properly.

2 |3000

teddysx3 avatar image
teddysx3 answered ·

Hi there,

I have the same problem on my GX 70 touch...Updated the firmware to v2.92. My problem is that it's kind of glitchy, slow response time, not the fastest touch screen, is this normal?

Also my arrow button (back) does not work!!! This is really frustrating because I have to hit MENU every time I want to go back, and it brings me back to the main menu, is this normal that only the arrow doesn't work? I also don't have the function with the display and language...

I'm worried that my touch screen is partially not working, although that really does not make sense...could it be the cerbo gx harware problem?

2 |3000

talbotlaw avatar image
talbotlaw answered ·

I am having a similar issue. Brand new Cerbo (connected to the Internet) and GX Touch 70. The Touch 70 was unresponsive to touch right out of the box. However, when I go to the remote console through VRM the Touch 70 displays the remote console screen. I can use the buttons on the remote console (running on my phone, but responding very slowly) to make changes via the Touch 70 screen (which happen immediately). In other words, the Touch 70 is mimicking the remote console - it even shows approximately the same real estate as the remote console (about 2/3 of the screen). Is there an issue or is there a setting that I have incorrect? I upgraded the firmware (3.14 IIRC) and have re-booted the Cerbo several times, both with and without the Touch 70 connected (every re-boot it comes up with the last screen that was on the remote console and never responds to touch). Kind of at a loss where to go from here.....

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Probably faulty. You'll need to talk to the dealer.
0 Likes 0 ·