question

tbaylx avatar image
tbaylx asked

GX 50 Touch Screen not responding

I recently bought a GX 50 touch and Cerbo GX.

The GX 50 touch screen won't respond to touch inputs. I can adjust the screen display and settings using the VRM portal and it displays correct data but I'm unable to interface with the GX touch without using another device to access the VRM portal.

Am i missing a setting somewhere to enable the screen?

cerbo gxgx device
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Want version firmware are you running? Have you updated it to a version greater than 2.57. The notification of release for 2.57 does mention fixing an issue with the touch screen hanging.

See point 2 in this article.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/07/13/venus-os-v2-57-cerbo-gx/

GX Touch display freezing up – solved
There was an issue that could cause the GX Touch display to freeze. The issue has been found and solved in this new version.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The screen should work out of the box, did you removed the protective foil of the screen?
I think you should contact your dealer to get a replacement.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Yes i took off the screen protector. I'll reach out to the dealer. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
ram5500-camperthing avatar image
ram5500-camperthing answered ·

I am having the same issue with mine. Were you ever able to fix this?

2 |3000

thechad avatar image
thechad answered ·

Same issue here... ☹️

3 comments
2 |3000

A reboot of the CergoGX with the display connected resolved the issue for me....
2 Likes 2 ·
Worked for me. Thanks! Enjoy your Utube videos!
0 Likes 0 ·
rxr avatar image rxr thechad ·
Thank you! I don't know why it's not at the top of the user manual, in big red letters.
0 Likes 0 ·
Frank A. avatar image
Frank A. answered ·

I had the same problem. Updating the Gx device to the latest firmware and rebooting with the touch50 connected resolved it.

2 |3000

wbogan avatar image
wbogan answered ·

I had the same issue. I pulled power on Cebo GX, added power back, and then the screen started working properly.

2 |3000