tank monitor Image

tank monitor

Mopeka LP Tank Sensor - Common Settings

Sharing what I've discovered as common settings of the Mopeka propane tank sensor configurations. Eventually I'll record my actual values, but it will take some time to drain a LP tank and then fill it again.

Actual tanks will likely be slightly different, but these are numbers from Mopeka and should work as a starting point.

Anyone discover any better or sizes not mentioned (these are US based sizes)

Sensor value when empty: 3.8 cm

Tank Size Orientation Sensor value when full (cm) Capacity (Gallons)
20 lbs Vertical 25.4 5
30 lbs Vertical 38.1 7
40 lbs Vertical 50.8 10
100 lbs Vertical
81.3 24
120 gallon Vertical
97.6 120
120 gallon Horizontal 61.0 120
150 gallon Horizontal
61.0 150
250 gallon Horizontal
76.2 250
500 gallon Horizontal
94.0 500
1,000 gallon Horizontal 104.2 1,000

ghostrider asked

0 Answers

ds1603 Tank sensors

Has anyone looked at or was able to get one of these types of sensors to work with the cerbo gx? https://www.ebay.com/itm/234411538987

They have a voltage version, but I am not sure if that is going to be compatible with the cerbo and tank 140. I have also seen this project that reads the data from the serial connection with an arduino: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/how-to-read-serial-data-from-non-contact-ultrasonic-liquid-level-sensor/507781

I could then output a voltage based on the reading possibly.

dlong20 asked

0 Answers

Cerbo GX Adhesive Tank Sensors (capacitive?)

When hooking directly to Cerbo GX can you use RV/Motorhouse tank sensors that are the Adhesive external sensors? If my understanding is correct those are capacitive sensors since there is 4 levels of them each tank?

burnttech asked
dlong20 commented ·

3 Answers

Cerbo GX Water Tank Level Sensor Recommendations Needed

Hi Folks,

I am excited about the tank monitoring capabilities of the Cerbo GX but I see so many different and highly technical posts. I really am hoping that by now there is a "plug and play" recommendation. I have three fresh water tanks and would prefer outside sensor install but whatever is proven and most accurate. I have access to all tanks from the top and sides. I also have the Cerbo connected to a BMV-712 and a Multi-plus inverter by the appropriate wire cables and then on to the Raymarine Axiom Pro(where I will hope to read the water levels in addition to the phone app or VRM).

Appreciate your recommendations.

Neil

neil-mclaughlin asked
theturbodog commented ·

10 Answers

Cerbo GX Tank Sensor Recommendations

I'm super excited to find that Cerbo GX can monitor my batteries, solar, AND tanks. My stock KIB sensors are nearly useless, reading 2/3 full until gray water starts coming up my drain, signaling 100% full. It's pathetic.

Does anyone know what sensors I can use that will give accurate level readings and work with Cerbo GX / GX Touch? I would like fresh, gray, black, and propane sensors that work with Cerbo GX.

Will this work? Do I really need 4 sensors for just the black tank?!? https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Sewer-pt-Probe_Sensors.aspx

childcarepro asked
kamflyer commented ·

11 Answers

Modbus TCP Tank sensor.

Hi,

I have a DIY tank sensor that records tank levels to my home automation software of choice (Openhab). Is it possible to send that data to venus os raspi/VRM via modbus tcp? I had a look at the registers and it seems it's not writeable but wasn't sure if I was misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Matt.

matt1309 asked

0 Answers

CerboGX and Raymarine Axiom data

I have connected my CerboGX to my Raymarine Axiom with the Raynet cable and the Victron App on the Axiom works fine.

I’m wondering if it is possible to get the data from the various tanks on the NMEA system from the Axiom to appear on the Cerbo Touch?

Essentially, can I get data from Axiom to CerboGX as well as the other way round through the Raynet cable?

sweyn asked

0 Answers

Can a tank sender be a long distance from a Cerbo GX

My fresh water tank is about 15 metres from the Cerbo GX unit. I'm looking at installing a 0-10V sender unit to monitor the tank levels.

I'm guessing that 15m is too far for a USB connection (eg. if a GX tank 140 were used), so what are my options for connecting my tank senders to the Cerbo GX over this distance? I haven't committed to the aforementioned sender, so if there is a better sender option which doesn't require drilling into the tank to install and can send over this distance, I'd be glad to hear about those, too.

fartkek asked
Andrea answered ·

2 Answers

How to combine 3 resistive tanklevel senders to 1 quantity with the Cerbo GX

Hello, on our boat 1 of the 2 engines is receiving fuel from 3 interconnected fuel tanks. The other engine only has 1 fuel tank supplying fuel. All tanks have resistive tank level senders that are connected to a Cerbo GX. With the engine supplied by multiple tanks, when all tanks are full, the 2 higher located tanks will empty first by keeping the lowest tank full. All 3 tanks have a different maximum volume. Only the lowest tank is connected to this engine.

Is it possible to combine the 3 fuel levels to 1 fuel level indication for this engine? For example, can I combine the 3 indications with a software solution (SIgnal K?) to to a virtual tank indicating the total remaining value for this engine? And can this (combined) value made available on a NMEA 2000 network, so it will display on a plotter?

zoek asked
zoek edited ·

0 Answers

Can multiple GX 140 Tank Module connected to the Cerbo GX?

This is an information post.

If you are needing more than 4 tank inputs, we have tested with 12.

2 x GX Tank 140 and the 4 native inputs.

Our voltage based tank level input sensors are either differential pressure or ultrasonic under tank.

There are also LPG tank sensors that are voltage based. All 12 tanks appear on the Cerbo Tank display. Pic attached.

For fewer that 12 it would be easier to see...Watch video on Youtube search Safiery. Cheers

[image]

safiery asked
Fuso edited ·

2 Answers

How do I add tank monitors to my Victron Color Controller?

I hav the Victron Color controller monitoring my Multiplus, BMV and Blue Solar controller in my RV. I would like to add tank monitoring through the color controller. Do I need to purchase a whole new tank monitor system, or is there a way to use the existing resistant based monitor wires? Is there any documentation or resources for adding tank monitors to the Victron Color Controller?

Steve Mullins asked
Fuso answered ·

5 Answers

Connect CCGX to SeeLevel N2K tank monitor interface

I apologize if I missed something already posted, but I’m trying to connect an N2K SeeLevel Tank monitor to a CCGX.

I am a bit confused as to what I physically need to facilitate this connection.

I have no other N2K “network” or system in place, and only have the CCGX and the SeeLevel (N2K enabled) controller head.

Is there a cable I can buy (or pinouts for a cable I can make myself) to connect these devices directly to each other?

There was a reference made by @mvader (Victron Energy)

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/6170/rv-c-can-bus-tank-monitors.html

as follows:

For clarity, the “Victron N2K adapter to which @ben refers is just a plug converter goes from micro-c n2k style to RJ-45 Victron VE.Can style.

No electrical components or software in there.

which makes me wonder if I can connect them directly??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

geomz asked
littiken commented ·

3 Answers

Alarm on tank level

Hi Experts,

My Cerbo is connected to 3 tanks and gives the level in percentages. Is it possible to get some kind of Alarm when the level reaches a defined percentage?

For example: percentage reaches 80%: Alarm in mail or text message?

Thanks for your reply,

Luit Jan

Luit Jan asked
pwfarnell edited ·

3 Answers

Tanks showing disconnected

I have 2 tanks connected to my Cerbo, on the VRM portal the tanks levels can be seen, but not on the GX touch. When I go into device list it says they are disconnected, when I go into each sender it says the status is disconnected. when I go into the device it says it is connected. I have updated the system, I have been into the setup and turned them off off and back on again. The sender are obviously working because the info is on the VRM. Any ideas where to go next?

tom-donovan asked
tbones1990 answered ·

1 Answer

How to monitor 8 resistive tanks?

I have 8 tanks on my boat which are all resistive. The CerboGX can take 4. How can I add 4 more? Is there a way to convert a resistive sensor to be voltage or current based so the Tank 140 will support it?

crholliday asked
trevor-bird answered ·

2 Answers

Followers

127 Posts
109 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

Wayne
10 Points