tank monitor Image

tank monitor

VDO transducer 4-20mA connection to GX140 not working

connected VDO transducer from watertank as described, 0mA not working someone has a clue to resolve this? seems to do something with the output from the transducers.. see my electrical connection attached with spec's

[image]

from VDO, someone has an answer maybe get some additional electroninvs with it?

thanks guys

electriccare asked
pwfarnell answered ·

1 Answer

Garnet SeeLevel blueooth 709-btp3

Any chance Cerbo can work with the Garnet BTP3 bluetooth version? It seems this bluetooth version works with RV whisper which in turn also supports bluetooth temp, mopeka bluetooth LPG. the bluetooth version is cheaper than the RVC and n2k version and wouldn't need to add the ve.can adapter for rpi

https://rvwhisper.com/rv-water-tank-levels/

tomtnt asked
Bill commented ·

0 Answers

Cerbo GX shows: tanks > No tanks found

Tank entries were shown on the detail databoxes page on my Cerbo GX.

Then suddenly " No Tanks Found" was shown and I have no way to bring them back on display, does not show the configuration in devices either. The tank sensors are switched on in the Analogue I/O menu.

What am I missing ? I tried going back to frimware 2.56 and then back to 2.60 but this looks like a hardware fault, any ideas ?

pyemarine asked
adamr100 commented ·

5 Answers

Tanks Vanished with Tank GX on Rpi

Hello,

About 5 days ago, after working fine for 18 months, my tanks have vanished. They are connected to my RPi via a Tank GX.

I have tried an alternative tank GX but this doesn't work either. Nothing shows in I/O. Running V3.00~14

Thanks,

adamr100 asked

0 Answers

Wiring up water tank sensor

Hi there

Just powered up my system.

Cerbo GX at the centre and MPPT, DC-DC and mains hook up all good

Just realised I can link my resistive water tank sensor to the Cerbo is it just as simple as connecting the 2 cables to a connector and connecting to my Cerbo? Any wiring diagrams there?

a-team-adventures asked
derrick thomas commented ·

2 Answers

Fiat Ducato fuel tank sensor to Cerbo

All,

from https://www.ducatoschrauber.de/tankgeber-tuning-ducato-250/ (german page) I noticed, that the original Ducato tank level sensor is meassuring between 100 and 300 Ohm. Might it be possible to connect it in parrallel also to the Cerbo so that the single sensor will support both, car and Cerbo?

Cheers,

luphi

luphi asked
christianf commented ·

7 Answers

source for GX Tank 140 compatible sensors in USA

I am looking for a compatible tank sensor similar to this one.

https://www.safiery.com/IP67-tank-level-sensor-external-pressure

I am in the united states and would prefer to not have to order something from Australia. I found this on Amazon which looks like it should work but they offer it in several different PSI levels and not sure which one makes the most sense to try or if it is even compatible. any help here would be appreciated

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Transducer-0-5-4-5V-Transmitter-0-100PSI/dp/B07KJFPMGZ/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=VlkiC&content-id=amzn1.sym.e4bd6ac6-9035-4a04-92a6-fc4ad60e09ad&pf_rd_p=e4bd6ac6-9035-4a04-92a6-fc4ad60e09ad&pf_rd_r=DNZ2QQX3HS4V2NZWXK3M&pd_rd_wg=iDX1S&pd_rd_r=2b6711f7-fd9b-4382-b8c6-79d53bfc8f1a&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

Matthew Shea asked
kamflyer commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX Tank Sensor Recommendations

I'm super excited to find that Cerbo GX can monitor my batteries, solar, AND tanks. My stock KIB sensors are nearly useless, reading 2/3 full until gray water starts coming up my drain, signaling 100% full. It's pathetic.

Does anyone know what sensors I can use that will give accurate level readings and work with Cerbo GX / GX Touch? I would like fresh, gray, black, and propane sensors that work with Cerbo GX.

Will this work? Do I really need 4 sensors for just the black tank?!? https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Sewer-pt-Probe_Sensors.aspx

childcarepro asked
machined commented ·

11 Answers

Tank level Custom shape point accuracy to decimal place

We are using the Safiery sensor for monitoring aircraft fuel tank levels on our flight line operations. I have setup the system using Custom shape points due to some variation in the tanks.

1. I would like to ask if it is possible to make the Custom Shape percentage points more accurate, to the tenth/hundredth decimal if possible? If you have bigger tanks, it does make quite a difference in liters.

2. Would it be possible when setting up Custom shape point to have a button that says: Use current sensor value? That helps in making it more accurate. The sensor value is often not exact to a whole percent.

We have two tank setups here, one of 1900liter and one of 2960 liters.

jonkers81 asked

0 Answers

Mopeka propane tank sensors eating batteries while connected to Cerbo

Anyone else see massive battery usage while using the Mopeka sensors but only when connected to Cerbo. I went through 3 new duracell button cells in less than 2 days until i disconnected them from the Cerbo and just checked them with the Mopeka app and they've been working over 2 weeks.

jjbond asked
pwfarnell answered ·

3 Answers

resistive analogue gauge with cerbo

Hi, Does victron have the software/know how yet (or a product) that will allow me to use the existing analogue gauges in conjunction with the cerbo GX. I have tried wiring them in both series and parrallel with resistive sender unit (240-33 Ohm) and they go out of scale when gauges are turned on. Works fine directly to sender unit however i need to keep the old analogue gauges in play. No room for additional senders in tanks

Many thanks

Craig

craig-souter asked
derrick thomas edited ·

2 Answers

Tank number if, for example, you have more than 1 equal tank (2 drinking water tanks)

Hello, I have a question about the tank sensors of the Cerbo Gx. I have 4 tanks to measure. namely 2 x a water tank, a waste water tank and a diesel tank. I also want to be able to read all 4 of these via NMEA2000. This works except for the 2 drinking water tanks. Where can I enter the tank number in the Cerbo GX?

I mean the "NMEA 2000 data instance (tank number or pressure instance)"

arnold-de-maa asked
arnold-de-maa answered ·

1 Answer

Tank GX 140 with R3D Propane Levels (Resistive sensor) - Anyone make this work?

I have a 2 wire Rochester propane level gauge in my RV. I've recently changed over to using the Victron Tank GX 140 to monitor my fresh, gray and black tanks.

I understand that the GX 140 is NOT a resistive tank level reader however, is there a way that this could be adapted to work with the unit?

[image]

midwest22 asked
pwfarnell commented ·

0 Answers

Connect CCGX to SeeLevel N2K tank monitor interface

I apologize if I missed something already posted, but I’m trying to connect an N2K SeeLevel Tank monitor to a CCGX.

I am a bit confused as to what I physically need to facilitate this connection.

I have no other N2K “network” or system in place, and only have the CCGX and the SeeLevel (N2K enabled) controller head.

Is there a cable I can buy (or pinouts for a cable I can make myself) to connect these devices directly to each other?

There was a reference made by @mvader (Victron Energy)

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/6170/rv-c-can-bus-tank-monitors.html

as follows:

For clarity, the “Victron N2K adapter to which @ben refers is just a plug converter goes from micro-c n2k style to RJ-45 Victron VE.Can style.

No electrical components or software in there.

which makes me wonder if I can connect them directly??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

geomz asked
lothmer commented ·

3 Answers

How to monitor grey/ water tanks via Cerbo GX? When do I need a GX Tank?

I've seen a thread on tank monitoring but I am still confused. I am using a Cerbo GX. Please explain to me like I'm a 5 year old... lol. There are a lot of 'big brains' in these forums and sometimes it goes over my head.

When do you use just the Cerbo GX for tank monitoring?

When do I need to add the GX Tank?

When do I use a float sensor verse a pressure sensor?

Please include links for pressure switches or anything else I need... I prefer to buy high quality stuff that doesn't break.

Thank You! I really appreciate the help!

bekenbuilt asked
pwfarnell answered ·

1 Answer

Followers

149 Posts
130 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
180 Points
pwfarnell
147 Points