tank monitor Image

tank monitor

Propane tank level sensor for Cerbo GX

I have read questions regarding liquid tank sensors for Cerbo GX, but cannot find any actionable info on propane tank detectors. Are there any proven propane tank detectors that connect to tank inputs on Cerbo GX?

I have latest version of GuiMods installed. It would be great to see propane levels.@kwindrem

jamesmcclatchey asked
bolen1975 commented ·

5 Answers

Cerbo GX Water Tank Level Sensor Recommendations Needed

Hi Folks,

I am excited about the tank monitoring capabilities of the Cerbo GX but I see so many different and highly technical posts. I really am hoping that by now there is a "plug and play" recommendation. I have three fresh water tanks and would prefer outside sensor install but whatever is proven and most accurate. I have access to all tanks from the top and sides. I also have the Cerbo connected to a BMV-712 and a Multi-plus inverter by the appropriate wire cables and then on to the Raymarine Axiom Pro(where I will hope to read the water levels in addition to the phone app or VRM).

Appreciate your recommendations.

Neil

neil-mclaughlin asked
mainvan commented ·

10 Answers

'Tank overview' page with Cerbo GX tank level inputs only

In the manual for the GX Tank 140 there is a beautiful 'Tank overview' page that can be enabled. The Cerbo GX have four tank level inputs that I want to use and I don’t want to add a separate GX Tank 140.

Can the 'Tank overview' page be enabled when I just use the Cerbo GX tank level inputs and don’t use the GX Tank 140?

Or must the the GX Tank 140 be connected to the Cerbo GX to be able to activate the Tank overview' page?

[image]

djingis asked
superdavidone commented ·

4 Answers

Looking for input - 4 to 20mA and 0 to 10V senders

Hello Community!

We’re considering to add a USB accessory to our GX product range, to add 0 to 10V, as well 4 to 20mA inputs.

But since all of us have very limited experience with 4 to 20mA tank senders, we're looking for some input:

1. Is it always 4mA = tank empty, and 20mA is tank is full? Or do the empty and full levels need to be configurable in a software setting on the GX Device?
  2. And how important is it that the transducer can be powered by our device?
  3. Anything else we should keep in mind when designing a 4 to 20mA input? Good features you have seen else where?

Also, if you are using 4 to 20 mA senders, please post a link to a datasheet or specs below. And if you have an opinion on the sender, what you like/don't like, welcome to add that.

Lastly, most questions above are for 4 to 20mA, not for 0 to 10V - but if you have special comments about 0 to 10V, welcome as well - obviously. The product we have in mind will have inputs that can be used for both types.

Note, that this is quite early in the product development, I can’t say anything for now with regards to availability dates.

All the best and thank you! Matthijs

ps. just to prevent any question about this: we'll soon launch a new Venus OS version that can work with irregular tank shapes, as well as naming tanks and some more features: all those features will also available for the 0 to 10V and 4 to 20mA inputs. Details here.

mvader (Victron Energy) asked
clinton4086 commented ·

13 Answers

Can someone tell me about resistance based sensors?

I would like to know about resistance senders.

I have some on my boat for water and diesel.

These are rated in Ohms. In my case from 0-190ohms.

For my Raspberrypi running latest Venus Os, with a new GX tank 140 I have the option between Voltage or Current.

But Current is in 4-20ma not in Ohms

Can anyone explain this to a noob. I dont know enough about this but hope someone can inform me and others

Fraser Stewart asked
joel-nordahl commented ·

3 Answers

Cerbo GX > No Analogue input option showing

[image]

Hi. I’m a new Victron user. Hoping I’m missing something obvious. Tanks are no longer showing on Cerbo GX. And no Analogue input options. Have installed firmware 2.84. No change. No rollback option to previous versions. Any help appreciated. Ps Dealer is on standby for when boat is next accessible so loathed to try anything radical, given my lack of skills!

tony-w asked

0 Answers

Cerbo GX shows: tanks > No tanks found

Tank entries were shown on the detail databoxes page on my Cerbo GX.

Then suddenly " No Tanks Found" was shown and I have no way to bring them back on display, does not show the configuration in devices either. The tank sensors are switched on in the Analogue I/O menu.

What am I missing ? I tried going back to frimware 2.56 and then back to 2.60 but this looks like a hardware fault, any ideas ?

pyemarine asked
tony-w commented ·

3 Answers

How best to re-calibrate a tank?

Without removing all the previous datapoints, is there a way to confirm tank calibration?

Initially, when calibrating some of the values looked a little weird, but I continued filling the tank at a carefully measured increment. If I were to put in a fixed amount of liquid and check the tank, it would show the adjusted values rather than the true value of the sensor. I expect I would need to remove all calibration points, verify and re-enter them all again.

It is somewhat frustrating as the cerbo show's the resistance in ohms, I would expect that a ohm to percentage reading might give a more insightful calibration.

thanks

semaphore asked

0 Answers

Connect CCGX to SeeLevel N2K tank monitor interface

I apologize if I missed something already posted, but I’m trying to connect an N2K SeeLevel Tank monitor to a CCGX.

I am a bit confused as to what I physically need to facilitate this connection.

I have no other N2K “network” or system in place, and only have the CCGX and the SeeLevel (N2K enabled) controller head.

Is there a cable I can buy (or pinouts for a cable I can make myself) to connect these devices directly to each other?

There was a reference made by @mvader (Victron Energy)

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/6170/rv-c-can-bus-tank-monitors.html

as follows:

For clarity, the “Victron N2K adapter to which @ben refers is just a plug converter goes from micro-c n2k style to RJ-45 Victron VE.Can style.

No electrical components or software in there.

which makes me wonder if I can connect them directly??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

geomz asked
geomz edited ·

2 Answers

Fiat Ducato fuel tank sensor to Cerbo

All,

from https://www.ducatoschrauber.de/tankgeber-tuning-ducato-250/ (german page) I noticed, that the original Ducato tank level sensor is meassuring between 100 and 300 Ohm. Might it be possible to connect it in parrallel also to the Cerbo so that the single sensor will support both, car and Cerbo?

Cheers,

luphi

luphi asked
Rene Mullie commented ·

6 Answers

Tank 140 on CerboGX - Device instance NMEA2000 incorrect

My Raymarine MFD will not be able to handle a tank with a device instance greater than 5. My CerboGX currently gives my first tank on the Tank 140 a device instance as 10 on NMEA2000, and the second tank as 11. (I have an Actisense NGT-1)

Is there a way to amend these instance values to something Raymarine can understand?

devodave asked
devodave edited ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX Tank Sensor Recommendations

I'm super excited to find that Cerbo GX can monitor my batteries, solar, AND tanks. My stock KIB sensors are nearly useless, reading 2/3 full until gray water starts coming up my drain, signaling 100% full. It's pathetic.

Does anyone know what sensors I can use that will give accurate level readings and work with Cerbo GX / GX Touch? I would like fresh, gray, black, and propane sensors that work with Cerbo GX.

Will this work? Do I really need 4 sensors for just the black tank?!? https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Sewer-pt-Probe_Sensors.aspx

childcarepro asked
david-bradsher answered ·

10 Answers

CerboGX - IO Menu - No Tanks Found (was working)

CerboGX suddenly shows "No Tanks Found" for 2 x water tanks
Was working yesterday
IO / Analog is an empty screen. The 4 analog inputs are not listed.
HELP!

rdcat asked
rdcat commented ·

3 Answers

VE.Can resistive tank sender adapter - Naming tanks

Hello. I installed two tank sender adapters to Cerbo GX. These are addition to the four tank inputs on Cerbo GX, so in total 6 tanks. The firmware of the Cerbo GX is v 2.66. I could name the four tanks installed on the Cerbo GX directly. But, I could not name the two tank sender adapters. Is there a way to do it ? There is a menu to change the name, but even after making the change, the name is not saving.

Another question is the devices in the device list. Is there a way to put them in order according to our wish ?

Thank you in advance.

Gonenc Ozkul asked
jeffryk answered ·

1 Answer

What is the max length USB extension cable

What is the max length extension cable I can use to connect a Cerbo GX to a Victron 140 tank module?

bf-mining asked
Al commented ·

2 Answers

Followers

106 Posts
90 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

Wayne
10 Points