question

Luke Parry avatar image
Luke Parry asked

Oceanic System - 3271 Volumetric Tank Sender NMEA not recgonised on the Colour GX

I have a Colour GX connected to NMEA system alongside an Empirbus on a Narrowboat and the water tank level was successfully shown on the colour display using the NMEA CAN adaptor. The water tank sender I believe is the Oceanic System/offshore dynamcis 3281 (Volumetric Tank Sender). This has been working successfully for 4 years and I noticed with recent update this has stopped appearing coinciding with a rewiring job.

I have checked on the Empirbus logs and the tank level sender is transmitting with the FluidLevel PGN and tank sender id. However, the source address is now 255, which seems strange.

Given that there is more NMEA integration with the ColourGX, I am wondering if this has had an impact.

Do you have any suggestions?

Many Thanks,

Luke

CCGX Color Controltank monitorNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Luke Parry avatar image
Luke Parry answered ·

After downgrading firmware of the color ccgx, from 2.7 to 2.2, I can confirm that the water sender works correctly. Did a chance in 2.3 introduce a change in behavior?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources