Temperature Sensor Image

Temperature Sensor

Temperature Sensors not matching

I have a temperature sensor that came with the Multiplus and its connected to the MPPT and showing a temperature of 34c , today i connected another one but this time to the Cerbo , its connected to the same battery lug and actually in contact with the existing one , the temperature its showing is 43c . No way to know which is right and no idea why they are so far apart , both new Sensors . certainly way outside the stated tolerances and out enough to damage my batteries . Someone suggested to me that it could be the wrong one but im not sure that would make any difference although i do know theres one for BVM 715 which has blue shrink wrap pn it and another that looks identical so i dont know how to tell them apart .

An observation that i dont know is significant or not is the sensor that came with the Multiplus and i used on the MPPT changes in increments of 1/10 of a degree , this new one connected to the Cerbo only changes in full degrees , no parts of a degree are displayed either but that could be down the the way the Cerbo works .

[image]

ako asked
ako edited ·

2 Answers

Temperature Sensor identification

I have two Victron temperature sensors, one came with a Multiplus, the other with either a BMV or an old CAN BlueSolar. (Definitely Victron products, neither is third-party.)

I can't identify which is which to put the Multiplus sensor with the Multiplus...

One has blue crimped terminals.

The other has grey crimped terminals, a white dot on the heatshrink and KL10 stamped on the lug.

Which is the Multiplus sensor? What is the other one?

[image]

[image]

Marius Marais asked
Marius Marais commented ·

1 Answer

BMV 712 and 24V DC / 120V AC Quattro with Cerbo GX

We have a 24V DC Quattro 120-120V AC Inverter/Charger and want to be able to shut off charging from the Quattro to the non-Victron lithium batteries when the temperature drops below a certain point. The system also has a CerboGX and BMV-712 wired in. The Quattro temperature sensor is connected to the 24V battery pack and we have a second temperate sensor we can connect from the BMV-712 smart shunt to the batteries if needed.

Currently the Quattro only measures high battery temperatures as we under stand it. Is there a way to get the relay in the Quattro to disconnect Quattro battery charging if the temperature drops below a certain point?

Thank you for your help with this.

jefferyandcarolyn asked
Rob Fijn answered ·

2 Answers

Falsche Temperatur

Hallo! Der mitgelieferte Temperatursensor vom Multiplus zeigt mir um ca 8 Grad zu viel an. Kann man das ändern/einstellen? Danke!

gerhard57 asked
gerhard57 commented ·

2 Answers

48/5000 Quattro inverter temperature sensor with BMV712 shunt wiring

Hi Everybody,

I have an MPPT 150/70 to charge a 220 Ah 48V battery bank and also a Quattro 48/5000 inverter with a temperature sensor. This sensor is actually wired on negative battery terminal.

Now I'm adding a BMV712 500A 50mV shunt on the negative battery terminal.

Question: where temperature sensor should be wired now ?

- always on the negative battery terminal ?

- or on the "Load and Charger" shunt terminal ?

If the sensor is "electrically isolated" it can be wired on the battery terminal, if it is not, it must be wired on the "load and chanrger shunt terminal to get the same potential than before (without the shunt.)

Regards.

cargol66 asked
snoobler edited ·

1 Answer

Smart Battery Senser, MPTT and VE.Direct

Hi all!

I have Victron SmartSolar 100/30 and Smart Battery Senser installed. I also added VE.Direct connection to the SmartSolar to connect to my own systems.

However, I found that the temperature data from Smart Battery Senser isn't available. Is there a way to get it available to VE.Direct? I think it would be smart addition to the system that the SmartSolar would send that data if it's available.

Thank you!

jussi-1 asked
jussi-1 commented ·

1 Answer

I sensor 2 pieces of Equipment

Has anyone tried using one Temperature sensor to connect to an MPPT and a Multiplus . My MPPT is 1 mtr from the batteries and the Multiplus within 50cm of that so the insulation on the cable could be stripped away at the point it enters the MPPT then continue on to the Multiplus .

ako asked
kevgermany answered ·

3 Answers

Inverter Temperature on VRM "Monitoring "

Hello, Why we cant monitor on VRM the internal Temperature of the Inverters and solar chargers?

Please Add this Option by Victron designers.

It's very Useful

All The Best

fadi-lab asked

0 Answers

Why are temp sensors reading too high with new Cerbo?

I installed a CerboGX about 6 weeks ago. I installed 4 temp sensors and attached them to my alternator case, MultiPlus case, and generator. They were working fine, as was the CerboGX but then something went wrong and the Cerbo was fried (long story, tl;dr incorrect voltage).

When I installed the new CerboGX, using all the existing wiring eeverything worked fine except the Temp sensors are now reading way too high.

For example, the temp sensor on the Alternator (with the engine off) used to read about 21-23C. The one on the Multiplus would read between 25C - 38C when running full power.

But now they are all reading much higher - the Alternator sensor is showing 30C and the MultiPlus sensor is showing 33C at rest and up to 52C when running full power.

I know that I can configure an offset to "calibrate" the readouts, but, I can't help thinking that something happened to the temp sensors when the Cerbo was fried, or, something is wrong with my new CerboGX because something has to explain why the same sensors are reading 30% higher than last week.

Any ideas? TIA.

jordanb asked
mike4nl answered ·

1 Answer

Can I extend the Multiplus temperature sensor wiring?

I need to add an average of 36" to get to the negative battery terminal of the bank.

imran asked
Stefanie commented ·

1 Answer

New Victron SmartLithium 24V/200Ah has already a temperature offset seen in the VictronConnect app

I bought a new Victron SmartLithium 24V/200Ah and when I view it via the VictronConnect app I see the value of 4°C in the Battery temperature offset. My question is why is there already a value here, does the temperature sensor in the battery itself determine this value? As indicated, this is a new battery, see screenshot;

[image]

In the VictronConnect app you have the option to set the set values to the default settings;

[image]

This sets also the Battery temperature offset to 0 °C. Is this a sensible thing to do and will the internal temperature sensor determine this value again?

topper asked
Stefanie commented ·

1 Answer

Battery Temperature monitoring with Lynx Shunt

I have't found a definitive answer on this, the Lynx shunt temperature sensor attached to the positive or negative battery terminal or does it not matter? There little info in the manual.

Thankyou in advance

southsideph asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Abweichung der angeschlossenen Temperatursensoren

Guten Tag,

ich habe zwei Temperatursensoren in meinem System. Einer ist am Lynx Shunt 1000A VE.Can angeschlossen der andere am Multiplus 2. Beide Sensoren sind am Minuspol meiner LifePo4. Nun zeigt mir der Sensor der mit dem Shunt verbunden ist immer 4 Grad zu viel an. Der Wert im Multiplus ist richtig. Beides sind original mit den entsprechenden Geräten gelieferte Sensoren. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit der Anpassung? Benötige ich beide Sensoren?

Beste Grüße Dirk

dirkvongracefacrory asked
dirkvongracefacrory edited ·

0 Answers

Cerbo GX temperatur sensors - measurring below zero

Hey All

I have installed a cerbo GX in my boat with a temperature sensor in the fridge. When the frigde starts the temperature decreases, as expected, but it stops at zero regardless that the fridge is way colder and keep on cooling.... voltage reading it 2.73 V. Is there a bug in the cerbo gx which limits it to display measurements below zero. Have anybody experienced similar issues ?

BR

Bo

bobjerrum asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

0 Answers

Orion and MultiPlus - Disable charging at zero degrees (Celsius)

Hi All. I would like to disable charging on an Orion and MultiPlus when it hits zero degrees Celsius.

I have a Cerbo GX and Touch 50 as part of the system, and a temperature sensor on the Cerbo GX.

For the Orion - To the best of my knowledge, I have set up the configurations correctly on the "Relays" option on the GX to work off "Temperature", and activation/deactivation settings.

Where I need advice is:

1. How do I connect the NC/COM/NO relays to the Orion Remote L/H? I have tried various combinations without any success.

2. What assistant can I use on the MultiPlus if I ran wires from Relay 2 of the Cerbo to AUX of the MultiPlus? And which NC/COM/NO wires do I need to use.

Thanks in advance.

matt-rsa asked
matt-rsa commented ·

0 Answers

247 Posts
223 Users
5 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
569 Points
ascherg
0 Points