question

dhopper1 avatar image
dhopper1 asked

Pulse Meter Data on overview display

I have recently setup Venus OS on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and attached a water flow meter to count pulses and keep track of how much water I use. I got it all setup and running and it shows the pulse count and corresponding volume in my devices list. This is great, but I am hoping that there is a way that I can display that in the GUI Mods main overview display. The temp of the RPi shows up on the overview, but not the pulse meter data. Not sure if I am missing something, but hoping this is an easy-ish fix.

Ive looked into other options such as using an Arduino board to count the pulses and then translate the data into a "tank level" on Venus. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Arduino or how to interface that with venus. I have found some code that is similar, but again I don't know enough to modify it to work for my case. Willing to pay someone if they can get me all set up. Also looked at the MQTT stuff, but my knowledge is not advanced enough for that either.

Thanks

Raspberry Pitank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers