Bluetooth Image

Bluetooth

All Bluetooth Questions. Please add a second topic if product related.

Are there any plans for BlueTooth connectivity between the Cerbo GX and SmartShunts / SmartSolars?

Given that the Cerbo GX, SmartShunts and SmartSolars all have BT capabilities, it would eliminate a while lot of cabling if these capabilities could be harnessed to transfer data between the devices and the Cerbo. It would also overcome some of the limitations imposed by the number of physical inputs on the Cerbo.

allan-fraser asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

1 Answer

Reset pin code Blue Smart IP67

Bought a boat with a Blue Smart IP67 installed. I am unable to connect to the device since I don't have the pin code. I have the option to reset, but I don't have the PUK code. The PUK code appears to be on the back on the devices, but it is very difficult to get to since the device is mounted.
Is there any other way to reset the pin code?

jesper asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Connect ruuvi to CCGX or Venus GX

Hi Victron Community

I‘m using a CCGX and I like to add some Ruuvi Temperature sensors. Since the CCGX has no bluetooth I‘m wondering, if it is possible to add them via adding a bluetooth dongle?

re18 asked
alan commented ·

14 Answers

What is the range spectrum radio and transmission power for Cerbo in wifi and Bluetooth?

We are having issues in customs because the local regulator has non technical information of the Cerbo and Solar controllers with bluetooth and wifi functionality. As they consider that there isn't information in manual and datasheet they are denying the importation of these parts.

Please could you help us with the following information for the technical person in our Telecom and Transport ministry?

If the module transmits in the radio spectrum with a power equal to or less than 10 milliwatts (mW) on the antenna (effective radiated power), please confirm.

What is the frequency bands in which it operates, in order to determine if the module operates in bands allocated to public services?. (We read 2.4GHz and 13 channels in forum).

Please, do you have this information in a white paper of Victron products?

Regards,

Hugo

hugo-rojas-espinoza asked
hugo-rojas-espinoza commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX - USB Bluetooth / How can I make sure that Cerbo is using the USB Bluetooth dongle ?

Hello folks,

I have installed some Ruuvi tags to my trailer to work with the Cerbo GX for temp and humidity data collection. It is recommended to use a USB Bluetooth Dongle for better comunication with the Ruuvi tags so I purchased one of the recommended BT dongles (TP-Link 400xx). I have inserted this into one of the USB ports on the Cerbo but I'm not sure whether Cerbo is using this USB dongle or its internal BT. I have dug into the settings but failed to see a menu where I can switch from the internal BT to the external one.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best

Sedat

bilgebay asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

2 Answers

BMV-712 SMART Bluetooth connection fails

I just installed a new BMV-712 SMART. The unit display voltages, currents etc correctly. When trying to connect my Iphone SE (iOS 15.5) to the VictronConnect app via Bluetooth, the app is searching but fails and says "No devices found". In order to follow "Troubleshooting Bluetooth connection issues" I:

• Restarted my Iphone
  • Checked that my product has a Bluetooth symbol
  • Tried again with my Iphone held as close as possible to the BMV-712
  • I do try to connect from within VictronConnect. Nothing shows in the Iphone list of Bluetoth units either.

On the back of the BMV-712:

PN: BAM030712000R

SN: HQ2101S4ZJU

What can I do to solve this?

excellent asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Smartshunt cannot connect via Bluetooth

Hi,

I just got myself a second Smartshunt 500A. The problem is it won't connect to my phone. I've repeatedly tried disconnecting the Smartshunt and wait, but it doesn't make any difference. Gone through the entire Victron troubleshooting guide, but there's not much to be done from there: I can't remove it from paired devices because it never pairs in the first place, restarting the phone does not help, GPS positioning is turned on in the phone, I'm as close to the Smartshunt as I can be, the Victron Connect app is up to date – and then finally the fact that my phone can connect to my old Smartshunt. However, it does show up in the devices list in the app. The problem is that it never asks for a PIN code, it just loads for a while and then comes then error message, same thing when trying to reset the PIN code. The only reaction I get is the error LED on the Smartshunt flashing quickly once every time I press connect on my phone.

Any ideas what the reason could be? Is the unit damaged/faulty, or is there anything more to try?

hjarnek asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) commented ·

2 Answers

No Ruuvi Bluetooth Sensors found

I connected some Ruuvi Tags a while ago. Since today they are missing in Cerbo GX. In Bluetooth Sensors menu no sensor could be found. The sensors works with my smartphone. Any tips for that?

wima asked
wima answered ·

4 Answers

More overview

VRM in all glory...

But is there a way to see all the info and make changes i can see and make on the victron connect app in "local " mode... on my laptop for example?

Carl asked

0 Answers

CerboGX v2.86 Bluetooth Issues

Updated from v2.84 today to v2.86 and lost all Ruuvi sensors. Rolling back doesn't restore them. Cannot add new Ruuvi sensors either as they are not "seen" by the Cerbo.

It seems that bluetooth not working on this version, and slightly worrying that rolling back doesn't fix the problem. I notice multiple other posts from users reporting similar issues when updating.

If there is not an update planned to fix this soon could someone explain what I need to do to reset the bluetooth adaptor (perhaps using command line)? Thanks

Miles Carter asked
Miles Carter commented ·

2 Answers

Quattro w/ Bluetooth and VE.Smart Networking Support?

Can I add a Quattro to my VE.smart Bluetooth network?

georgev asked
rmaddy commented ·

2 Answers

Bluetooth Extender

I have a IP22 and an IP65 battery charger that is set up in my garage and Bluetooth signal doesn't reach the house, is there a Bluetooth repeater that anyone can recommend?

Hannes Swart asked
Hannes Swart commented ·

0 Answers

Bluetooth antenna, more range Smartsolar *

Is there a way to extend the range on the smartsolar controllers?
I live in little cabins with iron sheeting as outside walls the controllers is hanging in the first cabin and I can't reach it from the second cabin.

I have this little bluetooth amplifier where I soldered a piece of copper straight to the antenna trace on the board to act as antenna (in the right length for the 2.4 Ghz band). It greatly extended the range. But this will void my warranty I'd imagine doing this on the Smartsolar.

Another option would be to get it connected to the wifi somehow because this can be reached anywhere on my property. Are there any solutions for this?

jex asked
duswami commented ·

3 Answers

Do i need seperate Bluetooth dongles for MPPT CC and Multiplus II

I want to view both the SS MPPT CC and the Multiplus II in Victron Connect. Not using a GX device. Do I need to use two separate Bluetooth dongles for each device? I have one, it appears the smart shunt, and the CC have BT built in.. Limited range.

duswami asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

MPPT smart charger Bluetooth

Hello. I have two smartsolar mppt. Only one showing Bluetooth. Any know how to fix this problem. Look at pictures. Missing enable Bluetooth on a150

[image]

[image]

Odd asked
kevgermany answered ·

3 Answers

Followers

387 Posts
314 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts