bug report Image

bug report

Firmware update 2609486 for MultiPlus 12/3000/230-16

Is it just happening for me, or is there a bug in the latest firmware for MultiPlus?
I just updated it, I think it’s only the name because I can see the inverter still says 230V.

But according to VRM and GX Devices, it’s now a MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16.

[image]

[image]

sebastian-w asked
ludo commented ·

3 Answers

smart mppt 100/20 goes up and down like a Yoyo and crashes output to zero

[image]

[image]

My setup:

1 solar panel Wattstunde WS200SB (200W, Umpp 19.8V, Impp 10.1A).

Attached to a smart solar MPPT 100/20 with the latest firmware 1.56. Victron Connect thinks it is a 48V version as well as my Raspberry Pi. The label on the device tells otherwise (ie no 48V written on it)

Four 75 Ah LiFePO4 in series with BMS. (Home made pack)

(Sidenote: is there a physical difference between the two MPPT models? Or are they the same?)

[image]

Main problem is that the mppt crashes its output to zero and starts up again. see the attached pictures. I have no clue why. I checked the BMS. No problems with it. It does not trip any error coditions.

I want this to be resolved. MPPT crashing all the time to zero output is not good.

What is going on? Is this the same bug that ought to be resolved in this firmware revision?

Is my MPTT broken and need to be replaced?

Or is it a problem that there is 1 solar panel attached with an output of only 5V above the battery? Do you have the same problem with 1 panel?

Any help is appreciated.

Victron experts can have a look at the VRM data Portal ID: b827eb30b15f

[image]

[image]

nick-a asked
Stojan Nejkov edited ·

2 Answers

VRM: Grid visualization in Dashboard not correct

In the VRM Dashboard, grid outages (or disconnections) are not visualized correctly. In the following graph, grid was disconnected marked with the left green dot, and connected marked with the right green dot:

[image]

VRM interpolates these two with a straight line, which suggests there was a continuous grid connection with increasing grid usage. The advanced view is almost correct:

[image]

So I would very much appreciate if also the Dashboard visualization could be made more correct-ish.

petajoule asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

VE BatteryLife Bug report: MPPT excess power not available

Brand new setup, DVCC on (off/on makes no difference), MPPTs set to 100A, lynx shunt to monitor battery, all worked fine for a few days, MPPT excess was used to power AC loads even while charging batteries (Victron Gel).

Suddenly Optimized (with or without) BatteryLife is unstable: after discharge to set SOC, no matter if 70%,80% 95%, mppt's are throttled down to the power drawn by battery and no excess PV is ever used while charging. This makes using Optimized useless for night time.

[image]

[image]

I uploaded a video with realtime throttleing of mppt's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGGOPrcSDI

Things to look at:

- while charging setting SOC to 100% powers down mppt

- messing with the soc to a lower value sometimes ramps up mppt

- discharging to 95% causes power limit with immediate charging

- setting "keep batteries charged" ramps up mppts while also charging (as it should)

I have another post from before I had installed MPPTs reporting sudden discharge spikes while "keep batteries charged" without any grid loss on AC, it just randomly discharged 2000w, then charge back and so on. I mention this because I noticed the same pattern of "instability" developing after around 2 days of working fine after a clean install.

ikeakayke asked
ikeakayke answered ·

1 Answer

Invalid Solar Controller State in VRM

The lollypop on the VRM page shows the PV Charger state as "Off". However, the state of the solar charger is "Bulk". See attached photos. These pics were taken at basically the same time (within a few seconds). This behavior is easily reproduced on my system. IMHO, the VRM page is in error. An interesting side note that may help to track this down is that when I also energize the second solar controller, the VRM state changes to "Bulk".

@mvader do you guys have any insight on this behavior?

[image]

[image]

jonmarinello asked
jonmarinello commented ·

6 Answers

Web VRM Advance widget data not showing using new Dark mode version

Not sure when it started, but in the last few days the data under Advance, are not displaying anymore.

Also tried to remove all the widgets, cannot remove any.

What am I missing. or is it a new bug, or data corruption on my site?

[image]

Jaco Reinecke asked
antar commented ·

5 Answers

Bug: Incorrect start of week in VRM

Bug description

The first day of the week value used in VRM does not match that of the installation location.

How to reproduce

1. Set the installation location to "Helsinki, Finland" under "Settings -> Set location" in VRM.

2. Go to the VRM dashboard and select "This week" as the time range.

Actual behavior: VRM displays data starting from the previous Sunday

Expected behavior: VRM should display data starting from the previous Monday because Monday is the first day of the week in Finland.

[image]

mboye asked
ubizen answered ·

2 Answers

Bug: VRM dashboard showing wrong ESS state

When the battery is full, the BMS disables charging. At first the state is correct (ESS #3, disabled charging) in the dashboard:

[image]

After a short while it changes to ESS #4 (disabled discharge), which is incorrect:

[image]

After refreshing (F5) the page, the state is correct again, for a short while.

While the dashboard is showing the incorrect state, the Remote console is showing the correct state.

jhorck asked

0 Answers

VRM bug displaying voltage units as percent (%)

When viewing the history graph on VRM, if you mouseover any of the points it shows the values for that data point. When displaying Battery Voltage Range it shows voltage with % units. This is confusing and incorrect, it should show V for volts. It would also be nice if it displayed 2 decimal places as voltage information as a whole number is not very useful.

See below, it shows 25% - 26% - This should be 25V - 26V (and even better would be 2-decimals)

[image]

[image]

hummingbear asked
kevgermany commented ·

0 Answers

Victron Connect v5.56 bug report- Smart Shunt Status 0% Display Time remaining - "nanm"

Victron Connect v5.46 Apple os - SmartShunt 500A

While conducting commissioning tests on a new battery and Smart Shunt I came up with this status display when the smart shunt measured 0%; Time remaining "nanm". I can only presume this is an error to be corrected in the next revision? Or does "nanm" mean something?

Cheers

[image]

raymiller asked
kevgermany edited ·

3 Answers

VRM Broken?

Since today, VRM sometimes doesn't show me any data.

Is there anything known about this? Am I the only one with this problem?
As soon as I click on advanced once and go back to Dashboard, something is displayed again.

[image]

mryoshii asked
Stefanie answered ·

3 Answers

VictronConnect 5.57 temp compensation bug

Seems to be a bug with temp compensation. I created a new preset and edited that preset. I set temp compensation to 5.16. I then went back and chose that preset and it had a different value. This version does not seem to load the saved value properly.

swales asked
swales answered ·

4 Answers

VRM incorrect display for "System PV-Yield"

Since today the System PV-Yield is displayed incorrectly.

A bug?

[image]

So it was the days before:

[image]

maha asked
maha edited ·

1 Answer

BUG!!! MPPT 450/200 detailed history identical each day

Love this new MPPT, but not impressed with the detailed history, is this a bug? I highly doubt I've had the exact same yield every day.... etc... have rebooted my ipad pro and remains the same. Version of VictronConnect is v5.47, firmware on MPPT is 1.04 (bootloader 1.02).

Thanks

Jen

[image]

jjbond asked
jjbond answered ·

6 Answers

Followers

76 Posts
68 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.