question

spray avatar image
spray asked

Simultaneous analog and Cerbo displays?

Hello all. I have a boat fresh water tank with a VDO capacitance type sensor hooked up to an analog VDO gauge. I now want to also input that tanks water level data to my Cerbo GX via a Tank 140 unit. Will I be able to wire it so both the Cerbo and the analog gauge display the tank level simultaneously? Thanks Mike.

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

It depends on how the signal is input to the gauge. If it is a voltage signal and the VDO gauge is essentially a voltmeter then yes, you can use the GX Tank 140 in parallel and set the full and empty voltages to match.

I have done this with my fresh water, black water and fuel gauges (MCS Boat Products) which send voltage signals to the analog gauges and paralleled these to the GX Tank 140.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spray avatar image
spray answered ·

Sounds promising. Thanks for your response.

2 |3000