parallel Image

parallel

This topic has been merged into battery charging . Please use battery charging when editing or creating new content.

Grid feeding Problem

Hi to everybody willing to help me!

I have a Problem:

My setup:
Multiplus II
two Chargecontrollers connectetd VE Direct to a
Cerbo GX
EM24 Meter.

When I switch on the Grid power and the Multiplus starts feeding into the Grid, everything breaks down.
The Energy is flowing in every direction, back and forth from the battery and the MPII is jumping Power up and down. (If I am only drawing power from the grid everything is fine)

Also the LEDs on the chargecontrollers are blinking and it is switchin nonstop between Bulk and float mode.

If I disconnect one chargecontroller from the CerboGx everything is suddenly fine!
(Although the chargecontroller ist still delivering power and it is fed to the grid)

Where should I start looking? Everythink is updated and works great if
A) The grid is connected and the feed grid is disabeld
B) VE Direct cabel is not connected to the larger Chargecontroller.

Thank you!

testor90 asked
Alexandra commented ·

0 Answers

Caravan Battery equalization can this be done while still connected to 240 volt mains power

Caravan Battery equalization can this be done while still connected to 240 volt mains power ?

hollywood asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Significant voltage fluctuation during absorption phase - Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V VE.Bus

Need some help troubleshooting an issue that occurs during the absorption phase when charging from shore power using the multiplus. Everything works during the bulk phase, but when the batteries get to about 14.4v things start go haywire. Voltage goes up to about >15.5v then drops to 13.2v at 0 current. Every once in a while a current this keeps on going on and on. In the capture below there was 0 load on the 12v system with the MPPT and the Orion not receiving any current. See this example :

[image]

*** Note everything works perfectly when charging with the MPPT. Same charging parameters.

My setup is composed of the multiplus, lynx distributor, Ve.bus dongle, smart battery sense, interface mk3 usb, BMV-712, MPPT 100/50, orion tr 12/12 (charges the starter battery) and 4 SOK 206ah batteries.

The multiplus was setup with recommended settings using the mk3. I have also reset the multiplus to factory and reapplied the settings. Verified that there is very minimal voltage drop from batteries to multi. Here are some pictures of the setup.

[image]

[image]

[image]

kevin-murphy asked
trevor-bird commented ·

4 Answers

Batteries 92% absorption stage, battery voltage less than set absorption voltage

Hi,

I have set my Quattro II with 48V lead acid (4x12V) absorption voltage setting in VE.Configure to 57,60V.

System is now:

Charger on, absorption stage.

Battery voltage 52,36V

Current 0,00A

Shouldn't the battery voltage be the same as in settings 57,60? Or is this the voltage between absorption cycles during float?

VRM/GX says that Quattro is in Absorption stage, so I would assume that those cycles (spikes in repeated absorption) happen when it reaches float stage, which it has never done yet.

My main concern is that it won't charge it to 100% level, not sure where / how it calculates the charging level. But with 0,00A current it surely wont ever get there.

Br,

Juha

Juha Tuomala asked
kevgermany commented ·

3 Answers

How to connect Orion-Tr Smart 12/12 30a in parallel

Hi. I have one victron orion-tr 12/12 30a in my van and I'd like to install another to give me 60amps,total charging. Can anyone advice my how I'd need to wire the 2 units many thanks

moonhead911 asked
bathnm commented ·

4 Answers

Which Relay assistant for Conditional AC, DV switching

I want to program some relays in the Multi II for conditional AC, DC usage instances and am confused as to which assistant/relay I should use, the programmable relays, general Flags or AC-related relays. The conditions I'm trying to set are as follows:

• If MAIN AC and SOC is greater than 98% and PV is greater than 100W then use PV for loads, when not enough PV use Bats to 75% SOC
  • If MAIN AC and BAT SOC less 75% PV Charges bats to 100% SOC and use 100% Grid for loads
  • If Main AC and PV is less than 100W then charge bats
  • If Main AC and no PV use Grid
  • If no Main AC and SOC is greater than 98% and PV is greater than 500W then use PV, when not enough PV use Bats to SOC 55%
  • If no Main AC and Bat SOC is less than 55% use PV to charge to 100% SOC, don’t use Bats for loads
  • If no Main AC and PV less than 500W charge batters to 100% SOC
  • If no Main AC and no PV Run loads on Bats to SOC 55%

* Note: in the instance of no MAIN AC, AC OUT 1 is the only source of AC to essential loads.

For PV conditions, should I use W or VDC? I'm more interested in utilizing the PV when requisite Watts are available as the system generates between 85-75 VDC between sunrise and sunset.

If anyone could kindly take me through an example routine step-by-step, or screenshot their own so I have a model to work off of I would appreciate it! Any tips, suggestions or helpful hints would be great too. Or, if there is an easier way or a better method to condense these to achieve the same result feel free to let me know. Not using ESS btw. Thanks! :)

duswami asked
Alexandra commented ·

2 Answers

Proper way to charge 12V bank from 48V bank ?

Hi Forum. This boat has 48V battery bank with some 12V loads that draw more than 30A. I was thinking of a Victron DC-DC converter, but doesn't it make more sense to use a DC battery charger to ensure that an absorption charge happens when necessary ? I'm curious what others recommend or do in such a situation ?

sven-nurber asked
ouk commented ·

2 Answers

Should MAX charge V in DVCC be Equalization Voltage

Need clarity on Max charge voltage is DVCC, would this be the max charging voltage spec of the battery, i.e. in my case 57.6V (Absorption voltage) or would it be the equalization voltage?

Also, the DVCC manual states "With the SmartShunt configured as a DC load monitor, maximum charge current configured at 50 Amps, and DC system shunt reports a draw of 25 Amps. Then the chargers are set to charge with 50 + 25 = 75 Amps. "

Since I have a SmartShunt as a DC load monitor, does the charger automatically make this calculation?

duswami asked
duswami commented ·

1 Answer

Smart shunt - victron system issues battery percentage

Hi there,

Having issues with our victron system. We have a solar 100/30 MMPT controller a smart shunt, phoenix 12/500 inverter.

The issue we keep receiving is that the battery percentage will discharge like normal from a full charged battery and throughout the day solar will be put in via mppt controller. Which looks fine on the graph.

However after the system has been running for a couple of days like today for example; the battery got a low voltage warning but still reading 65% at 11.1 volts.

Through the day the battery current does increase when there is solar input is this normal?

I was thinking the battery terminals for MPPT controller should go straight to battery although I have been told that the negative lead should be wired onto

The system side of the shunt not directly to battery.

Any help or fault finding ideas would be greatly appreciated

danny9380 asked
seb71 answered ·

2 Answers

ajout ESS sur installation avec Ohmpilot et zéro injection

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai une installation de 6kWc qui fonctionne en "Zéro Injection", monophasé. Elle est en réseau "MODBUS RTU" . Elle comporte uniquement des appareils de marque Fronius :

¤ Un GALVO 3.0-1 ( onduleur esclave )

¤ Un PRIMO 3.6-1 ( onduleur maître )

¤ Un Fronius Ohmpilot qui utilise une partie du surplus pour le chauffe-eau

¤ Un compteur intelligent Fronius "63A - 1" en tête du tableau électrique

Il me reste une bonne quantité d’énergie que je voudrais stocker et utiliser en dehors de l'ensoleillement.

Je voudrais y ajouter :

¤ "Multiplus 2" de 3000 VA

¤ 2 batteries 48V de 2.5 kW

Il faudra sûrement ajouter un compteur / ou capteur de courant Victron ?

Comment brancher ces appareils pour rester en "Zéro injection" et pour que les batteries ne servent pas à chauffer l'eau.

Dans l'ordre, les priorités que je voudrais avoir:

1/ Consommation directe

2/ Chauffe eau

3/ Charge des batteries

4/ Hors soleil, utiliser l’énergie des batteries

Je remercie tous ceux qui peuvent m'aider sur ce sujet. Et si possible les utilisateurs de ce type de fonctionnement.

Très cordialement.

pinpin asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Why does Quattro 8000 1-ph not allow full charging current from generator

Installation: Quattro 8000 / 6xpylontech 48V batteries / generator 12kVA VAR / 6000W 48V PV

CCL set at 222A

Why does the Quattro limit the generator charge duty of batteries to total of 3800W (13A/battery) if batteries can take 40A continuously?

During generator charging, Quattro directs 3800W to batteries and e.g. additional 3000W to end users.

willemao asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

3 Answers

SOC on lithium batteries not increasing enough

I have 290w solar panels connected in parallel on the roof of my motorhome charging two 90ah lithium batteries through a 100/30 victron mppt.

I am not impressed with the extent to which the battery app is telling me that the SOC is recovering after what I consider is a fair day’s use age and sunshine (for the U.K.).

My expectation was that the batteries would receive bulk charge until nearly full then switch to absorption then finally float.

My experience is that with the batteries down to 50% SOC after three days off grid that by about 9.30 am the set up has switched to absorption and by 12.00 to float preventing the SOC from having any meaningful gain during the day.

Advice I received suggests that the victron mppt is too far from the batteries and I am planning to have it moved but is that the solution? The dealer measured the current at the victron output and again at the battery and no meaningful current drop (only at relatively low charge rate and the suggestion is I am losing out on when the current is high because of the distance (10 m plus). Again the readings are consistent between my battery app and my victron app.

I have frigged the settings short term to increase the absorption rate to 14.6v and duration to 4 hours just until I get the victron controller relocated.

My question is will this solve the problem? My solar panels (2x85 and 1x120) connected in parallel. Would they output more if they were in series (I am mostly in full sun or full shade so each panel gets roughly the same). I understand that series increases the voltage but reduces the amps and vica versa for parallel. What do I need amps or volts?

Many thanks for any help

helpless asked
trevor-bird answered ·

16 Answers

Volts zero to 12.99V upon vehicle charging

Any ideas as to what may have caused this:

Recently had my batteries go from 13.2 Volts to 0 Volts on the Magnum and Smart shunt over 2 days with no load. Batteries showed only 0.9 Volts after charging overnight with the Magnum.

Upon running the vehicle the system volts immeadiately jumped to 12.99 volts and systems worked and batteries will now charge.

Setup:

Rig: 2016 Liesure travel Van MB

Battleborn (2) 100Ah LiFePO4 Heated batteries

Magnum MM1212 Inverter Charger

Victron BMV-712 Smart Shunt

rickossinger asked

0 Answers

24v-12v charger: power from 24v bank or existing 3-stage charger?

Boat system is primarily 24v with a 24v 3-stage, 3-bank charger. Two charger outputs charge the house and engine 24v banks. Third output is unused. The 12v (200Ah) bank feeds the generator starter and stereo power amps and currently only charges when the generator is running. I want to charge the 12v bank from the 24v side. Should I connect an isolated Orion 24-12/30 (or 20?) directly to the 24v side? Or should I connect a 24-12 converter to the unused output of the existing 24v 3-stage charger? Which is the preferred approach?

ibx-nc asked

0 Answers

Followers

1722 Posts
188 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
Sabrina
0 Points