question

colindernst avatar image
colindernst asked

ip43 120 240 charger connection at batteries

The IP43 120 - 240 charger does not seem to charge three 100 amp batteries that have a parallel connection. The charger is showing that it is charging in bulk but there does not seem to be any increase in current when looking at the BMV712. I have connected the positive from the charger to the positive in on the battery side and the negative to the negative in on the battery side. So they are connected at opposite end of the battery chain that are connected in parallel. Will this work?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

You've bypassed the BMV by installing it that way, which is why the BMV isn't showing the current. NOTHING connects to the battery bank negative except the "battery" side of the BMV shunt. EVERY other system negative, with no exceptions, must connect to the other side of the shunt. Connect your charger negative to the correct side of the BMV shunt and the BMV will show the charge current.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colindernst avatar image
colindernst answered ·

Thanks for the quick answer Justin. I was sort of thinking about this but did not think it through as you did. Makes sense. I appreciate your help. I will give it a try and let you know how it works out.

2 |3000