question

hans-gorter avatar image
hans-gorter asked

charging 300Ah LFP with Bluesmart IP22

Good morning, I have a BlueSmart IP22 30A (1) charger with a Victron 12/800 inverter, but I cannot set the charger properly for a Lifepo4 battery of 300Ah. If I want to charge it with 30A, I would need approximately 10 hours of charging time. But after about 3 hours the charger indicates that it is full. If I then load the battery with an average of 150W, the battery will be empty after approximately 6 hours, as if it were an approximately 100Ah battery. The battery has a BMS that I think works well, I set the minimum voltage to 10.5V in the inverter, the Victron 12/800 and it turns off nicely. I would like to receive advice on the correct setting to actually charge my 300Ah battery. In the attachment you can see the history of a few charging cycles (in Dutch), and after about 3 hours it is ready. What am I doing wrong?

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

@Hans Gorter your upload of the charge history did not work. To give any focused advice we need more info. What charge settings do you have on the charger (absorption and float voltage, absorption times etc), what type of battery and what are manufacturers recommend charge details.

Can you read your BMS by Bluetooth, you may have a badly balanced battery with one cell much higher or lower voltage restricting the operating range or a single bad cell.

There are some scams where you think you are getting a cheap 300Ah but only end up with 100Ah, hope you have not got caught with one of these.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers