3 phase Image

3 phase

Multiplus 48 3000 3 Phasen + Wärmepumpe

Hallo zusammen, wir haben gerade unsere Victron Anlage angeschafft. Jetzt kam die Idee der Wärmepumpe dazu. Diese ist 1-Phasig 3000 Watt. Der Multiplus liefert ja Pro Phase 2400W. Im Normalbetrieb ist das kein Problem, dann werden eben über die zweite Phase die übrigen 600W eingespeist, sodass der Zähler möglichst steht. Im Inselbetrieb klappt das dann ja nicht. Kann ich jetzt einfach 3 weitere Multiplus 3000 Parallel schalten und habe dann Pro Phase 2x2400 Dauerleistung?

vielen Dank :-)

mgalonska asked
mgalonska commented ·

0 Answers

Overload one 1-phase in a 3-phase system

Hi all,

Could not find the answer. Excuse me if the question already had been asked...

On a 3-phase off-grid system systems (3x Quattro 10000), will the whole system shut down if there is an overload on only 1 phase?

Thanks,
Ronan

ronanlg asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

Can i use a 3 phase meter with 1 phase inverter

Some electrical installations in South Africa are 3 phase 400V. The client still wants to keep his 3 phase power and only wants to install a single phase solar system on 1 phase for his critical loads. he will move all his critical loads to that particular phase.

Will the system not get confused if I install a 3 phase meter but use a single phase inverter?

So basically the 3 phase meter would there to see what all the 3 phases consume however only 1 phase will be able to feedback to non essential loads (ESS self consumption), as he cant do phase compensation or feedback into the grid.

nicholas-zenzele asked
beerygaz answered ·

2 Answers

Quatro 3 phase : DC (solar charged) Inverter priority.

Hi all,

If i have an existing setup as followed:

Manual-Quattro-3k-50-50A-230V-(firmware-xxxx4xx)-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-.pdf

Then i have a 3 phase + N system, so 230/400 volts correct?

While i have a solar system connected to the batteries and the shore-power in this case is really expensive on the camping, i prefer the system uses battery-power over shore power.

To accomplish this i plan to use virtual assistant with "ignore ac input" together with battery setting rules. So when the batteries are draind, the system will switch to AC input and will charge the batteries again.

I will limit the charger so the solar system can do most.

My question:

While the quatro's have to switch, and there are 3 of them, can i expect trouble because of non-synchonicity and for example burn out N cable or other problems?

Is there a common system for this?

Best regards

heinzie asked
heinzie edited ·

0 Answers

2x Multiplus II 5000/48 split phase 230v in 3 phase

Hello.

I've been running a single Multiplus II 48/5000 for over a year. I live in Denmark and have 3 phases + Neutral in my home.

So i wanted to add a second Multiplus, for L2 to be able to produce more power, since i have 15 KwH on the roof.

Ive configured them as split phase with 120 degrees angle, however the inverters are just in "inverting" mode, and doesnt kick in to absorb, and feed in power from my battery. When i lool in VRM i can see that "Active AC input" is disconnected. I can also see that i have 230V on L1 and 233V on L2, and on AC-OUT L1 and AC-OUT L2 is at 230V 49,9 HZ.

I really cant seem to figure out, why Active AC input is dicsonnected.

Can someone help?

m1kkel asked

0 Answers

Installation of a 3 Phase Quattro System with CerboGx and MPPT - What do install first?

Hi,

I am planning to install a 3 Phase ESs System with 3 Victron Quattros (one per phase), 2 MPPTs and Pylontech batteries (US3000C). Basically it is this system: https://www.victronenergy.de/upload/documents/3-Phase-Quattro-system-with-Cerbo-GX-Touch-50-BYD-LVL-Smart-solar-MPPT's.pdf

but with pylontech instead of BYD and with no generator as a first step, so just the grid input.

After researching and doing the online courses of Victron, everything is fine so far, but there are two major questions remaining:

1. After mounting everything, shall be the first step to setup and start the mppts or shall be the first step to install and setup the 3 Quattros
  2. When you open the model, it can be seen that the Central Negative Busbar is grounded. As it is in a house installation, I can use the ground of the house here? So basically this would be the ground also comming with the Grid Phases (L1, L2, L3, N and PE) ?

[image]

Thanks for any help

BG

Thomas

thomaslederer asked
thomaslederer answered ·

2 Answers

Single multiplusII with a 3 phases grid inverter

Hello,

I would like to install a MultiPlus-II 48V 5000VA on L1 with a SMA Sunny tripower 8.0 grid inverter. The goal is to inject on the grid and to have batteries backup for essential load and night consumption.

Here would be the setup:

- Sunny Tripower 8.0 with L2 and L3 connected directly to the grid.

- MultiplusII connected on L1 between grid and Sunny Tripower.

- Meter ET340

- GX cerbo + screen.

- 300A 48v battery of pylontec 2000c

- MPPT 250/85 with 3000Wc of PV on the battery

- 8000Wc of PV on the Sunny tripower.

1. Will this setup work? whath do you think?

2. Is the factor 1:1 correct?

3. Is the phases imbalance acceptable?

Many thanks

loopoyu asked
loopoyu answered ·

2 Answers

Problem with Ignore dedicated AC input in three phase system.

Hello, I have a problem with a three-phase installation consisting of 3x Multiplus 48/5000/70-100. It is an off-grid installation with a Pylontech lithium battery bank and SmartSolar controllers, all controlled with a Cerbo GX through DVCC. The system works smoothly off-grid. But a three-phase electrical network connection was installed in the sector, and with this the house was connected to the network and increased consumption with the intention of using the electrical network.

The idea of the new operating mode is to use the solar system as a priority (and complete backup in case of grid failure), and to leave the grid as support at times when the loads exceed the capacity of the inverters or the batteries are low. For this, the virtual switch was configured in "Ignore dedicated AC input" mode, according to manuals this instruction must be configured only to Master L1 and when doing it in this way the instruction really works but only responds to the values of L1, and when it is exceeded the power (4500W) in L2 or L3 the system does not transfer, generating an overload in inverters and cutting the system. When configuring the virtual switch with the same instruction to ignore AC input in each inverter, the instruction of (no) ignore AC input definitely does not work or operate in any way, the AC input is always ignored and does not transfer at any time.

Is there a way to ignore AC input in 3 phase system and work for all 3 phases, and the system can immediately switch from inverter to main when the loads for any phase exceed the established power limit? (All devices are with updated firmwares.)

ingeniero-sumsol asked
Roman Štembera answered ·

2 Answers

From three phase to single phase conversion

victron_3phase_to_single.pdf

In our country most of the houses have three phase grid connected. However in most of these houses almost all loads are single phase. However these loads are never distributed evenly on the phases.

In some areas away from city center following grid failures happen quite often :

1. Overvoltage

2. Phase rotation

3. Just One of the phases cuts out

In order to protect the house from such failures and use the loads evenly on the phases, I would like to convert the house into single phase and supply over battery, solar and grid . So my question :

1. Can I connect to each Multiplus one phase, and program these 3 x Multiplus parallel to output single phase ?

2. If yes , then can I connect a three phase on-grid inverter on the input site of these 3x Multiplus and with an energy meter control the self-consumption ?

attached the functional diagram :

Many thanks for your answer

bulraydin asked
mmh answered ·

4 Answers

2* Multiplus II as ESS in Germany (with 2 batteries) - design question

Hi there,

I want to build an ESS consisting of 2 Multiplus 2 (48V 5000) with two 280Ah batteries - so my main goal is to keep the meter at zero, not so much to gain independance from the grid or to create an UPS for my loads at home.

Currently I am struggeling on "how to design" this ESS correctly. My understanding is that there are 2 options (due toi "Schieflast" in Germany paralleling is out of question.

1. Connect the 2 MP2 as a 3phase system (obviously only creating a 2/3 part of a 3 phase system on L1 and L2). The systems will share both batteries via an appropriate busbar, one Cerbo GX required.
  2. Have two completely separated MP2 installations - one on L1, one on L2 for example. This would requried a Cerbo GX for each. But how will those system align on the grid setpoint?

Option 2 seems easier to wire, with the problem to get the meter info to both Cerbo GX, but I guess using the mqtt-dbus approach that should be manageable. Option 1 would be wuite ok for me, if this is supported by Victron.

Happy to hear some suggestions on this one.

Thomas Büschgens asked
Kaspars commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus-II grid protections and feed-in control in 3-phase configuration

Hello guys,

I am from Czech Republic and planning to use 3x MultiPlus-II 48/3000 in 3-phase configuration and DC coupled system with PV array (2 strings, 2 MPPTs) and Pylontech batteries.

Of course I will set grid code to "Europe (EN50549-1:2019)" and there are several options for over/undervoltage and over/underfrequency protections, conditions for normal connect and reconnect after trip, controlling power according to frequency and voltage and also option for use Aux 1 input as feed-in disable signal. Setting of all protection is clear for me but our electric distributor have several requirements for connecting "micro-generators" (PVE with P < 10 kW) to the grid, so I have two questions about grid code functionalities especially in 3-phase mode:

1. If the condition for activating grid protection on one Multi is met and therefore AC input of Multi must be disconnected from the grid, is then automatically disconnected all Multis from the grid?
  2. I want to use disable feed-in using Aux 1, because our distributor must be able to reduce power feeding to grid (for these micro-generator only two states: 100% and 0% feed-in). My question is how disable feed-in function is realized in practise on Multis and whether I must used Aux 1 on all Multis (for example with 3-pole relay, each pole for each Aux 1) or if is sufficient to use Aux 1 only on one Multi (probably on phase L1) and feed-in will be automatically disabled in general for all Multis?

Thank you very much for your answers.

motylu asked
pedaaa commented ·

8 Answers

Multiplus II als einphasigen Wechselrichter für das Hausstromnetz?

Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe den Multiplus II, möchte diesen als Wechselrichter für eine 8,4 kWp pv-Anlage nutzen. Der Multiplus soll eine Batterie laden. Aus der und dem übrigen PV-Strom soll unser Haus versorgt werden. Nach der Beschreibung des Multiplus II soll dieser "Netzenergie nutzen, um fehlenden PV-Strom auszugleichen". Genau so ist auch der Plan, ich will das Haus zunächst über pv-Strom versorgen und nur das, was nicht reicht, aus dem Netz nehmen. Jetzt sagt mir der Elektriker, den ich mit der Installation beauftragt habe, dass das gar nicht geht, weil der Multiplus II nur einphasig Wechselstrom abgibt und ich daher nicht mein Hausstromnetz damit versorgen kann, ohne Probleme zu kriegen. Und jetzt ???

Danke für Eure Hilfe...

holscher77 asked
maha commented ·

2 Answers

[SOLVED] ESS symmetrical phase compensation not (entirely) working - L1 inverter having a lazy time...

Hello,

I've been struggling for days with a 3 phase ESS system and its symmetrical phase compensation which was introduced with v2.80 (https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2022/01/31/venus-os-v2-80/ -> <#10 ESS change for multi-phase systems configured to “Total of all phases” mode>.

My setup:

• 3 phase Multiplus-II 48/3000/35-32
  • Venus OS 2.89
  • (Grid tied Fronius PV inverter Symo 10.0-3-M)
  • Zero Feed-In
  • No AC-out
  • EM24 meter

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

L1 inverter seems to not deliver its share to compensate the meter to zero / Grid set point "20W" for all kinds of load:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

All screenshots where made after system had sufficient time to stabilize.

Notice how L1 (master) inverter insists in idling around while L2 (slave) and L3 (slave) do all the work, resulting in a constant net meter reading of about 1/3 of the overall load.

Do I have any misconfiguration in my system, or is there still a problem with ESS symmetrical phase compensation?

Any help is kindly appreciated :-)

ptpludge asked
ptpludge edited ·

2 Answers

Offgrid power assist for a 3 phase generator

Hi there

I'm planning on running my woodworking shop off grid. My biggest 3 phase load is 6HP. I could run this with an 18kva generator to cope with the startup current but I'm then only running the generator at part load which, I gather, isn't necessary a good idea for generator longevity.

My thoughts were to use a smaller generator (say 6kva) for motor running and use 3x multiplus as a power assist for starting.

Am I right in thinking I need 12kva power assist? As the multiplus can withstand short term overloads, does this equate to 3x 6kva (or nearest higher equivalent) or is it 3x 2kva (to give 6kva total)?

The rest of the shop will run off solar/wind.

Many thanks, Nick.

nagwood asked
nagwood commented ·

2 Answers

What 3P inverter

Hi,

I own 24 (310wp) solar panels split over 3 phases on Enphase. So... no DC. Grid tied 230V AC only.

Now i would like to attach a 10-15 kw LiFoPo4 Home battery.

Could i use one inverter to combine the 3 phases to charge one battery? Or do i have to buy 3 inverters (one for each phase) and 3 batterys?

I would like to run my home appliances by solar power.

The "house" has 2 heavy loads. One 3P (6kw max) heatpump and an EV charger. (22kw reduced to 8kw so i can mostly charge within the solar curve.)

Could someone please tell me what inverter would be suitable?

I just would like to figure out the costs.

If i need to triple everything....

:'-(

Very expensive!

Ben

macmaniac78 asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

220 Posts
189 Users
6 Followers

Topic Experts

Alexandra