NMEA 2000 - N2K Image

NMEA 2000 - N2K

Phoenix inverter 24/5000 and VE.Bus to NMEA2000

Hello.

We have purchased a Phoenix 24/5000 inverter in order to integrate it with our system using a VE.Bus to VE.CAN interface and a VE.CAN to NMEA2000 interface. Is this connection possible as we didn't receive anything in our CAN bus system. In what status we have to put the Remote Switch?

We know this connection is deprecated and we are going to use the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 interface instead.

Thanks in advance.

kand asked

0 Answers

NMEA 2000 VE-Bus setup instances

in a existing system we need to configure the VE-BUS N2K Interface to Setup the DC Battery Instances for the System to 4. In the moment the system had 4 Batterybanks and ready instances 0 to 3 programmend. It is possible to Setup into all Victron N2K Adapters any Instance into the PGNs?

Marc Jähncke asked
mvader (Victron Energy) commented ·

1 Answer

Change the data instance for BMW712 in NMEA2000
Is it possible to change the data instance for BMW-712 using the Yacht Devices Can Log Viewer or do i have to use root menu and command lines on Cerbo gx?

jonnys asked
Greg Ireland commented ·

7 Answers

SOC and NMEA2000

I am using an Cerbo GX 2,4V and have an REC BMS connected to the BMS-CAN port and then i have connected an VE-CAN to NMEA2000 cable to the VE-CAN port.

All data from the REC BMS is displayed correctly in the Cerbo, inkluding the SOC.

And Volt, Ampere, Temp is also transmitted correctly in the NMEA2000 network, but the SOC remains 0%. How to make it send SOC correctly? (26% in this case).

[image]

[image]

Offpist asked
Offpist answered ·

5 Answers

Can the Axiom Pro connect using the NMEA2000 victron interface

The Axiom Pro can see the victron NMEA2000 interface but when running the Lighthouse 3 software app the response is

"no hardware found"

Am I doing something wrong or is the interface unit no good.

Can anyone assist. The Victron manuals are rather confusing - I have tried all the recomendations without success. Do I have to buy a GX interface? and return the other unit - what is the purpose of the victron NMEA2000 interface?

thanks

Tony

Tony Paroo asked

1 Answer

Venus GX -> NMEA2000 / Signal K

I have an EasySolar 24/1600 that I'm looking to tie into my vessels sensor / monitoring network.

From reading this article it looks like the recommended approach has been to bridge both the VE.Bus connection from the internal MultiPlus and VE.Direct from the MPPT direct to N2K. In the comments section though there was talk of a CCGX -> NMEA integration. Is this still something on the horizon?

I'm assuming it will apply to the Venus GX too? If so, that would be a much neater integration (VE.Bus and VE.Direct -> Venus GX -> NMEA) as well as providing a couple of additional sensor inputs.

On a slightly related note, has there been any consideration for providing a direct Signal K interface from the Venus / CCGX?

kim asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

6 Answers

NMEA 2000 & Venus GX Compatibility.

Is to possible to send GPS & tank data from NMEA2000 to VenusGX. Also is it possible to send tank level data from Venus GX to NMEA2000?

Chris Dobson asked

2 Answers

CCGX and maretron FPM100 tank levels

I have multiple tank level sensors connected to a maretron fpm100,measuring 2 fuel tanks and a water tank. The tank level display on the CCGX flashes between a fuel tank level and the fresh water level. In the settings on the ccgx for that sensor the instance number is 30, which is the device instance level set in the maretron N2k analyser, the tank instance numbers are 10 and 11. how to get the ccgx to separate the two tanks into separate displays? There is also a Maretron TLM reading the black water tank and its display is discrete from the fresh and fuel. No problem with that one.

Ur12VMan asked

2 Answers

CCGX with VECAN NMEA, BMV7** on NMEA?

Hi,

I have a CCGX with a VECan NMEA cable. It have a multiple and 3 BMV VE Direct meter plugged in to the CCGX.

I can see some information on my plotter but I do not see an NMEA instance for each BMV plugged in to the CCGX. Is this supported? I also don't see a power out value for my Inverter NMEA device? Is there a document somewhere explaining what NMEA objects and values a GX device will push to NMEA when connected?

I have 2 3kw multiplus. one has a GX and the other a CCGX. Should I add an NMEA VE Can cable to those also or what do I lose by just using the CCGX NMEA link versus connecting the multiplus directly?

Billy Newport asked

1 Answer

Get AC output informations via CAN

Hi,
we are developing an aggregator including 3 Multiplus 48/5000. Our controller is able to communicate via the VE.Bus to VE.Can interface. Currently we can control the inverters and read system informations using proprietary message on the NMEA2000 but cannot get informations about the load because I could not find such VREGs. Which I do not really understand because these informations can be read in the case of other devices.

[image]

I would like to ask how I determine the output power, current and voltage data of each phase on the VE.Can.

Thanks,
Balint Major

balint603 asked

0 Answers

Multiplus "unknown device" on Raymarine nmea diagnosis.

Hi.

During diagnosis on Raymarine plotter (nmea), multiplus list as "unknown n2k device" Anyone know about this error and why this occurs?

I have Cerbo gx with Raymarine axiom connected to Ethernet port and in addition VE-can to nmea2000 cable connected. Multiplus 12/1200 with latest firmware 2607469vff.

Attach nmea log from Raymarine plotter for details.

},

"Unknown n2k device MultiPlus Compact 12": {

"product_name": "Unknown n2k device",

"product_type": "n2k",

"serial_no": "MultiPlus Compact 12"

},

"Unknown n2k device MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000502": {

"serial_no": "MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000502"

},

"Unknown n2k device MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000503": {

"serial_no": "MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000503"

jonnys asked
jonnys commented ·

1 Answer

CCGX Color control continually rebooting

CCGX in system with 3-quattros, 2-bluesolar chagers, BMV712, VE Bus BMS and Smart LiFePo4 batteries. the system has been stable for several years. Recently added in the BMS, LiFePo4 batteries and the VE Bus. All firmware up to date. All has been working for over a week. Today the CCGX began to reboot every 5-15 minutes, everything else works fine. I changed the power tap for the CCGX which made no difference then disconnected the NMEA 2000 feed which stopped the rebooting. What reasons would having a N2k connection cause the CCGX to reboot continuously? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ur12VMan asked
Ur12VMan commented ·

2 Answers

2-BlueSolar, BMV712, CCGX all reporting battery on same instance

After connecting the CCGX to the N2K network I end up with several instancing conflicts as reported by the maretron N2k Analyser. Even through these devices are set to different instance numbers, as seen in the below screenshot, they are all still reporting on either 1 or 0 battery instance. The point of having instance numbers changable is so that multiple battery banks can be monitored without conflict between them. The BMV 712 does not have a way that I can find to change its instance at all. The blueSolar chargers have been changed, but still report on instance 0. All devices in red are reporting on 0. Any help to sort this out? I was quite happy to hear that CCGX latest update was outputting PGN's onto a N2k network, but not when they all are talking at once.

[image]

Ur12VMan asked
Ur12VMan commented ·

1 Answer

Smart LiFePo4 with VEBUS BMS Cell data on the network?

Full system includes 4-25.6V LiFePo4 smart batteries, 3-24V-5000 Quattro in 3phase, VE BUS BMS, CCGX, BlueSolar 150/85 chargers, 2-Skylla iP44 chargers

Other than using bluetooth, (the batteries are too far away in a steel boat to reach via BT) is there a way to access the individual cell data on a network? The CCGX is connected via VEBUS and is on the ships ethernet network. An HTML page similar to the Remote Console page from the CCGX with all the battery data on it would be very useful to have on the ships bridge. Another way might be through NMEA 2000 data broadcast by the CCGX in PGN format and displayed by Maretron N2K View software. Has anyone been able to access battery data other than through bluetooth? I am aware there are BT extenders, but the process of connecting to each battery for one page of data is not useful, having all the data on one page or HTML screen would be what I am after.

Thanks, Ron

Ur12VMan asked

0 Answers

VE.Can to NMEA 2000 cable bad?

I just bought a new VE.Can to NMEA 2000 cable as I didn't have one on my current boat. I wanted it so I could leverage the CCGX 2.40 feature of sending data out on my NMEA 2000 network.

I've spent the last 45 minutes troubleshooting and can't get it to work. I've installed these several times before, and have a very documented and extensive NMEA 2000 network. I've tried both VE.Can ports on the CCGX, rebooting, power cycling, upgrading to v2.40 via SD card from the beta, moving the VE.Can to NMEA 2000 cable to four different NMEA 2000 ports on my network, and have validated everything else on the network is working correctly.

Either this brand new cable or my CCGX are faulty, or there is another setting I am missing. At the minimum, even without v2.40, the CCGX should be showing tank levels (I have multiple Maretron TLAs for tanks) as it has in the past, but I see nothing.

I've turned on the new CAN-Bus feature including Send Data to VE.Can, but something more basic is not working.

I also have Actisense and Maretron software and can see the devices on the network, and Victron has never shown up in any of the testing.

Is there a pin out diagram for the cable so I can test it, or another way to test the VE.Can ports?

Steve Mitchell asked
Steve Mitchell commented ·

3 Answers

article

6Likes

Connect to Simrad Evo3

Hi , can i get some help , I want to connect my Victron gear to my Simrad Evo3 screens. I have a quattro 8kva bmv 712 and a ccgx colour screen. What cables / adapters do i need to make the information read on the simrad screen.

Revolution asked

1 Answer

BlueSolar charge controller MPPT 150/70 CAN-bus connection to NMEA 2000

Hello,

Right now I have connected my BlueSolar charge controller MPPT 150/70 CAN-bus directly to the BMV-702.

Can I connect the BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 directly to my NMEA2000 backbone using the VE.Can to NMEA2000 cable and also do the same for the BMV-702 (directly to the backbone using the same cable )?

Regards
Steen

Steen asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 48 5000 70 setup with gennie and noisy unstable inverter

Hi Look for help from some experts

I have installed an off grid system with multiplus inverter , smart solar charger , Venus controller with 5 Kva avr backup generator with 10kva lithium batteries. All lights etc low voltage.

The gennie is a 5kva AVR 240 v autostart connected to the venus for remote start stop

The system has been running fine on solar all summer. Finally connected the generator to auto run as winter is approaching, with less sunlight and build nearly completed

I have a few issues that are beyond my knowledge.

When the generator was first connected it wouldn’t run, so I read this forum and changed a few settings to get it to accept . It now charges etc.

The problems I have are.

1. When the generator is running, the dimmer lights flicker badly.

2. Range Cooker which is apparently voltage sensitive cuts out the oven when on genie

3. When running on genie the multiplus is very noisy, loud buzzing enough to keep you awake

4. Is it possible to get more charging power out of the genie so as not to waste the potential input.

5. when genie not in use there is sometimes some background noise but nothing as bad as when genie running.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Jreb asked
Jreb answered ·

2 Answers

BMV-602S & VE.Direct Bluetooth (or NMEA2000) Dongle

Hello,

I recently purchased a sailboat with a BMV-602S Battery Monitor. I was wondering if anyone has had luck with the VE.Direct Bluetooth Dongle or NMEA2000 drop cable working with a -600 series unit.

The compatibility list for the bluetooth dongle only lists -700 series BMV Battery monitors, but the interface/plug on the back of the -600 & -700 series monitors looks the same. Before I buy one, I'd ilke to know if it'll work for my BMV-602S monitor.

Thanks!

llindsay asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

BMV712 to NMEA2000

Hello,

Have I read correctly that the BMV712 cannot be used with the adapter cable which converts it to NMEA2000 to put on the boats network?

It seems odd that it does work with the BMV700 but not the 712?

If not does Venus OS or Venux GX now support output to NMEA2000 (via what cable?)

Thanks

Al

bigal asked
bigal commented ·

1 Answer

Venus GX Maretron Tank Level NEMA2000

I had read somewhere on the site that the Venus and CCGX are compatible with the Maretron NEMA 2000 Sensors. Is there anywhere I can get more info on this and how the sensors show up or get accessed by the Venus?

Mark Yamamoto asked
Mark Yamamoto commented ·

1 Answer

Venus GX nmea2000 , VictronConnect

Hi,

We are building a new boat which will have Winston cells 1600 amps at 24 v. The cells will be monitored via 2x Rec-Q in slave mode and 1x Master Unit 9 M. The charging and inverting will be done via 2x Quattro's 8000, 1x Skylla 100, 2x MPPT 150/70. The Venus GX is chosen to hook it all up.

The goal is to be able to charge with 100, 200, 300, 400 or 500 amps depending on which generator is running or based on how much shore power is available. How do I connect this to the Venus GX. I want the Quattro's working together in inverter mode but want to be able to disconnect them in charging mode so I can make use of the maximum number of steps to charge ie 100, 200, 300, 400 or 500 amps. We would also like to have all the data available on the nmea 2000 bus so that we can view it on our Maretron N2Kview software as well via VictronConnect on a Windows 10 pc via VictronConnect. For the VictronConnect I think I need a MK3-usb cable? Is this the right assumption? For nmea 2000 out from the Venus GX I understood that the functionality would be available from firmware 2.30 but I haven't been able to find confirmation of this(probably user error)

Is this a doable setup? If not could you tell me where I go wrong!!

Thanks,

Ed

EdvanZ asked
ben commented ·

2 Answers

Quattro 8kVA hum when on main power

Hi, my 8kVA quatrro has very noticeable hum when on mains power. I can not yet find a pattern, but if I isolate mains, no noise add mains in = noise.

It sounds like a torroid or transformer hum, the frequency is stable at 50Hz, the voltage around 253 VAC.

To me the slightly high mains voltage should not make anything hum, any thoughts out there or similar experiences?

Regards

James_E asked
James_E commented ·

1 Answer

Bmv700, multiplus, SOC and Nmea2000

Have a BMV700 and Multiplus 24/230/5000 inverter. The multiplus is connected to my maretron NMEA2000 network using the VE.bus to NMEA2000 connector. Is there a way to get battery SOC from the BMV700 onto to the network with out using a VE.direct to NMEA2000 connector. Maybe by connecting the two via a simpler VE.direct or VE.bus cable? I also have the multicontol panel if that helps.

Thanks

Gpeacock asked

1 Answer

NMEA-2000 Instance change using Actisense NGT1

I have connected the NGT1 to the NMEA network and can see the BMV-712 using VE.Direct NMEA interface (V1.2) PGN's 127508 and 127506. I can type in the new instance number but it does not stick. I can change the Multi VE.BUS NMEA2000 instances with an issue (PGN 127507 and 127509).

Why won't the battery monitor instances stick?

Gary Pacey asked
Gary Pacey answered ·

1 Answer

Dual Output VE.Direct

Is there a way that I can have 2x VE.Direct outputs from my BMV-712? I have the VE.Direct going throught the NMEA adapter to show battery data on my MFD's but i'd also like the battery data to go to the Venus GX.

So out the back of the BMV-712 it would be good to have a VE.Direct splitter so I can connect both.

Bora asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Venus GX - MPPT, BMV 712, NMEA

I will be installing a Victron MPPT to control my solar charging and i'd like to be able to see this information remotely.

I currently have a BMV-712 connected to my NMEA network with a VE.Direct-NMEA connection.

If I connect the MPPT to a Venus GX with a VE.Direct cable and then connect the Venus GX to the NMEA network with a VE.Can-NMEA cable, will the Venus GX "see" the BMV-712 that is on the NMEA network?

Can the Venus GX transmit any other information that is available on the NMEA network to the VRM (wind, speed, depth etc.)?

Bora asked
Bora answered ·

6 Answers

VE direct to NMEA2000 using a BMV702 and CCGX

Have a VE Direct to NMEA 2000 converter connected to a BMV702 and the NMEA2000 network and I can see the battery voltage and Amps on the NMEA2000 network all is well

Now we have installed a CCGX Fw2.23 and connected the BMV702 via the VE direct port to the CCGX and the correct battery details apear.

Now comes the issue

I then plug the VE direct to NMEA 2000 converter into the CCGX and no data is seen on the NMEA 2000 network

on the CCGX the VE direct to NMEA2000 unit is not seen in the device list

I have tied a secound ve direct to nmea2000 unit just in case I have a faulty one still the same

The targeted result is to see volts and amps on the NMEA 2000 network

has anyone got any suggestions

Paul B asked
Marc Jähncke commented ·

2 Answers

CAN Addresses used by VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface

On page 8 of Whitepaper Data Communication With Victron Energy Products the remarks for AC Input Voltage Data explain that the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface uses multiple CAN bus addresses to over load Input vs Output data. As a result, software that wants these values must know both addresses being used by the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface.

This raises the following questions:

1. How many and what are the CAN Bus Addresses used by the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface when it ships from the factory?
  2. Are all of those addresses Claimed in accordance with the ISO standards for CAN device address management?
  3. Of those CAN addresses, which have the Arbitrary Address Capable bit set in the NAME provided during Claim?
  4. If any have the Arbitrary Address Capable bit set, s it possible to clear that bit in the various NAMEs used to Claim the CAN addresses so that they do not get dynamically reassigned?
  5. Is it possible to change the device address of all CAN addresses used by the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface through use of Maretron N2KAnalyzer? If not, what tools can be used to reassign these addresses?

Thank you for your support.

KSLTD asked
KSLTD commented ·

1 Answer

37 Posts
54 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

MrT
0 Points
Juha H
0 Points