question

cogito44 avatar image
cogito44 asked

MultiPlus activation via CAN / NMEA2000

Hello,

I currently have a system with a MultiPlus 12/800 with Venus GX, I would like to control the ON and OFF activation of the Multiplus via the CAN bus / NMEA2000 interface of the Venus GX.

I know the CAN bus protocol well but much less the NMEA2000, from what I understood it is possible to activate the MultiPlus via the NMEA2000 standard.

Which frame should I send to activate the MultiPlus?

Thanks for your help.

Regards Alexis

Bonjour,

J'ai actuellement un système avec un MultiPlus 12/800 avec Venus GX, je voudrais commander l'activation ON et OFF du Multiplus via l'interface CAN bus / NMEA2000 du Venus GX.

Je connais bien le protocole CAN bus mais beaucoup moins le NMEA2000, d'après ce que j'ai compris il est possible d'activer le MultiPlus via la norme NMEA2000.

Quelle trame dois-je envoyer pour activer le MultiPlus ?

Merci pour votre aide.

Cordialement Alexis

NMEA 2000 - N2K
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vavaroutsos avatar image vavaroutsos commented ·

I too am interested in this. So far I have tried sending PGN 126208 (write fields group function) directed at parameter 5 of PGN 127509 (inverter status). I have tried sending the packet using J1939 CM protocol as well as NMEA2000 fast packet protocol. Neither have worked.

0 Likes 0 ·
vavaroutsos avatar image vavaroutsos commented ·

I have now tried sending PGN 126208 (command group function) directed at parameter 5 of PGN 127509 (inverter status). I also included the inverter instance in the parameter list (first entry). I have tried sending the packet using J1939 CM protocol as well as NMEA2000 fast packet protocol. Neither have worked, and I see no acknowledge packet from the multi. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
vavaroutsos avatar image
vavaroutsos answered ·

I forgot about this post, but I did figure out the answer to this. Victron does not follow the NMEA2000 standard for device control here. They use vendor proprietary PGN/commands to control the multi mode. Search for a VE.Can bus register (VREG) document. You will use register 0x0200 (Device Mode, page 2/reg 0) to control the mode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic