ruuvi sensors Image

ruuvi sensors

No Ruuvi Bluetooth Sensors found

I connected some Ruuvi Tags a while ago. Since today they are missing in Cerbo GX. In Bluetooth Sensors menu no sensor could be found. The sensors works with my smartphone. Any tips for that?

wima asked
Tien commented ·

4 Answers

Connect ruuvi to CCGX or Venus GX

Hi Victron Community

I‘m using a CCGX and I like to add some Ruuvi Temperature sensors. Since the CCGX has no bluetooth I‘m wondering, if it is possible to add them via adding a bluetooth dongle?

re18 asked
alan edited ·

18 Answers

Wishlist & Upcoming VenusOS Bluetooth Device Support (Tyre & Gas Bottle sensors)

Just thought I'd throw this out there, with the Ruuvi temperature and humidity sensors I'm wondering if Victron have any more Bluetooth devices on their radar to add support for.

I had bumped into two Bluetooth sensors that prompted this question:

1. Bluetooth Tyre Pressure Monitoring

2. Bluetooth Gas Bottle Monitoring

(I didn't link to specific devices but there are multiple brands and devices available in the market for both these devices)

It would be great to find reliable devices and add support for these for 4wds & RVs.

Anyone else have suggestions for other bluetooth devices that would be nice to haves?

netweb asked
netweb answered ·

3 Answers

CerboGX v2.86 Bluetooth Issues

Updated from v2.84 today to v2.86 and lost all Ruuvi sensors. Rolling back doesn't restore them. Cannot add new Ruuvi sensors either as they are not "seen" by the Cerbo.

It seems that bluetooth not working on this version, and slightly worrying that rolling back doesn't fix the problem. I notice multiple other posts from users reporting similar issues when updating.

If there is not an update planned to fix this soon could someone explain what I need to do to reset the bluetooth adaptor (perhaps using command line)? Thanks

Miles Carter asked
Miles Carter commented ·

2 Answers

Ruuvi and VRM API

HI,

I have a Ruuvi tag attached to a VenusGX. In the VRM portal I can read both temp and humidity but when I request data via VRM API I cannot find any data for the humidity. Temp is however OK.

Regards

Janne

sailon asked

0 Answers

How to Remove Old Ruuvi Tag from VRM?

I am really pleased with the the Victron support for the Ruuvi tags. I'm using them on three different installations and they are working well on each one.

I have a persistent three month old bug on one installation that I'm unable to clear up. I'm unable to remove an old Ruuvi tag that I relocated to another installation.

I've disabled the Ruuvi tag in my Cerbo GX and removed it from the device list in VRM but it is still present in the panel. I've reset Bluetooth and restarted the Cerbo GX. I'm running the latest firmware. (version 2.82-large-30). What else might be required to remove it from the VRM panel?

Thank you for your help.

antiguasky asked
antiguasky edited ·

0 Answers

Ruuvi Tag Temperature adjustment for VRM Portal

Hello All-

We just installed some Ruuvi Tag temperature sensors in our DC Fridge/Freezer in our RV. In the Ruuvi App, you can manually "adjust" the temperature. For example, the fridge reports 45 degrees, when it is actually 35 degrees. So, in the app, you tell it to be -10 degrees from the reported temperature.

However, the "adjusted" temperature does not get reported to the VRM portal. It shows up as the 45 degrees. Is there a way to do this temperature adjustment for the VRM portal also?

Thank you-

Brad

bradtal asked
Ulrich answered ·

2 Answers

Ruuvi custom widget

Hi

I have add 3 Ruuvi to my boat system. I updated their software and added a Bluetooth dongle. I can see the current temp No problem.

I then setup a custom widget graph of temp vs time. Initially it worked but no the graph is blank and says “no data”

Any advice?

phillock asked
bilgebay commented ·

0 Answers

Ruuvi tags - pressure, humidity, battery status missing from modbus

I've just added my first Ruuvi tag sensor to my Cerbo GX running 2.84. It is reporting temperature, pressure and humidity to VRM as expected. I am trying to query the data via Modbus/TCP and am only able to query the temperature. I've done some digging, and all the values are available via dbus. However via modbus, only addresses 3300-3305 are available. 3306, 3307 and 3308 all return an error.

Am I doing something wrong or have I run into a bug?

Thanks in advance.

root@victron:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.temperature.ruuvi_c5ab96b56ce3

/

/Temperature

/Humidity

/Pressure

/AccelX

/AccelY

/AccelZ

/BatteryVoltage

/TxPower

/SeqNo

/DeviceName

/Mgmt

/Mgmt/ProcessName

/Mgmt/ProcessVersion

/Mgmt/Connection

/Connected

/DeviceInstance

/ProductName

/Status

/ProductId

/CustomName

/TemperatureType

root@victron:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.temperature.ruuvi_c5ab96b56ce3 /Humidity GetValue

value = 55.724998474121094

root@victron:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.temperature.ruuvi_c5ab96b56ce3 /Pressure GetValue

value = 1019.5800170898438

root@victron:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.temperature.ruuvi_c5ab96b56ce3 /BatteryVoltage GetValue

value = 3.1040000915527344

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3300

[49193]

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3301

[0]

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3302

[0]

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3303

[2]

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3304

[1074]

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3305

[0]

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3306

Error in function_code: 0x83 0x2

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3307

root@victron:~# ./ModbusCli.py -d localhost -p 502 -s 28 -r 3308

gprguy asked

0 Answers

I recently added Ruuvi censors. Is there a way to transmit the sensor over NMEA2000?

I have added Ruuvi sensors to the car I running 2.84 software (no issues) I would like to get the sensors to transmit over the NMEA 2000 network. Is there a way to configure this? I am using Garmin Hardware and do not see the additional messages through the antisense reader. Any help would be appreciated!

kebler asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

VRM doesn't show current RuuviTag data.

Since setting up Ruuvi tags in my camper, I noticed that VRM always seems to be displaying old data. Today the data displays as "last updated 3 days ago". I've changed the Ruuvi tag settings to "Keep the connection" and updated each tag to the latest firmware but still, the data is never current in VRM. I can open the RuuviStation app on my phone and get a real-time readout on all the sensors without any issues. Checking the tags with the Ruuvi app doesn't cause VRM to update either. I'm not sure how VRM decides to update the numbers, or if it's the tags themselves that are supposed to be sending the data. Anyone else seeing this issue?

[image]

gcp asked
hakunti answered ·

2 Answers

[Feature Request] VRM pressure unit choice?

Loving the new Ruuvi temp sensor integration. Great work!!

Any chance the VRM portal could allow multiple units of measure? Inches of Mercury please.

..For us American aviation types :)

ghostrider asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Remove Ruuvi Sensor from VRM

I've removed a Ruuvi Sensor from my Cerbo GX and the VRM Device List but it continues to appear on the VRM dashboard and on the Advanced Widget List. Is there another procedure to remove it or is this just a bug?

antiguasky asked
trevor-bird answered ·

3 Answers

Ruuvi with Cerbo GX & v2.84 not working

I bought the Ruuvi tag recently. My Cerbo software was older than 2.80 so I upgraded (v2.84 at the time). The bluetooth sensors option showed up, but I never saw the sensors - even if they were located right next to the Cerbo. I'm also using the touchscreen.

Any suggestions?

jamesn2 asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

3 Answers

Viewing Temperatures of ruuvi sensors

First, I like to thank you for the ruuvi integration! What a great feauture. Today I installed three of them in my RV, and it was so easy to do! Great !

… but it would be VERY nice to have a temperature-overview page on the gx touch !

… like a the „tanks overview“ page (sooo nice)

… or maybe like a „weather-station“ (*joke)

i know it could be done with a GUI mod, but I am not that familiar with programming, and have no idea how to do that …

thank you!

bitcrusher asked
baronner commented ·

4 Answers

28 Posts
25 Users
6 Followers

Topic Experts

Tom
0 Points
Wayne
0 Points