question

aplord avatar image
aplord asked

Integration: Ruuvi tag -> Cerbo GX -> N2K network?

I have 8 Ruuvi Tags connected to a Cerbo GX via Bluetooth. That connection works fine, the Ruuvi data (incl. temperature and humidity) is available in the Cerbo GX and in VRM. The Cerbo GX is connected by wire to a NMEA2000 (N2K) network, and passes much Victron data successfully to that network via standard PGNs. But I can't see any of the Ruuvi data on the N2K network.

The Cerbo GX manual (https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-nmea-2000.html#UUID-4fa2f36d-1d7e-022f-06ef-86d97a348adf) doesn't mention support for sending Ruuvi data to N2K, and I fear this data isn't supported.

Does anyone know any different? And how might I go about trying to encourage Victron to support sending this data type to N2K?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
macjl avatar image
macjl answered ·

It seems to be unsupported by Victron. Maybe in the future ?

As a workaround, you can use large VenusOS image, with SignalK enabled. In SignalK, with Venus and Signalk-N2k plugins, you can sen these data to NMEA network.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aplord avatar image aplord commented ·
Thanks very much for the suggestion, this is really helpful. I didn’t realise the Cerbo GX was packaged with a large image that supports SignalK out of the box! With that and Node Red so readily available, this will solve other frustrations I have too. Thanks again.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources