question

danldanldan avatar image
danldanldan asked

Integrating cerbo gx boat

Hi,

Id like to add a cerbo gx into my boats system and not sure the best way to connect all the victron components, nmea2000 and wifi 4g. Ill list all the victron components they are all smart with bluetooth.

6x mppts (4x100/30 2x75/15)

1x shunt 500a

1x dc/dc charger 18a

1x phoenix 3000w inverter

1x charger 50amp

Id also like the cerbo to connect to my nmea2000 network to read info on my raymarine axiom pro mfd's and i70 displays.

The boat has wifi with internet through 4g dongle.

My main concern is figuring out what is connectable and easiest way to connect with the limited ports. At the moment everything talks through bluetooth.

Any system improvements welcome.

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Please don't mix Bluetooth with other interfaces. For a system like this, cable is better. Follow Justin's suggestions and look at a powered USB hub and USB dongles to get the necessary connection count.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi, welcome to the Community!

The Cerbo GX user manual has most of the answers for you, including NMEA connection!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danldanldan avatar image
danldanldan answered ·

Thanks kev from germany.

A usb hub and 6 usb to ve.direct cables is the answer I the was looking for.

The only thing that I cant seem to connect is the dc/dc charger. Which seems like a unfinished product nothing like the mppt controllers.

1 comment
2 |3000

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·
Unfortunately the Orion chargers are a stand alone product that cannot be connected to the Cerbo.
2 Likes 2 ·
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

Duppa

USB – UART Converter with 4 isolated ports I have one working plug play also you can have them with ve direct cables made up so you can plug in to mppt - inverters and smart shunt ve direct ports

cerbo gx has 2 usb and 3 ve direct ports

2 |3000

Related Resources