VE.Direct Image

VE.Direct

Good USB Hub for CCGX with low power draw or Relay shutoff for inverter?

I use a CCGX, BMV-702, 3 MPPT's, and 1 USB wifi dongle.

Since there are only 2 VE direct and 2 usb ports, I need a usb hub to get my 5th connection point.

Currently, I have a crappy AC powered usb hub on the old phoenix inverter (That doesn't have ve direct port, Insert angry face) and the inverter is in ECO mode.

The USB hub is the only AC load on my boat, and I only really need it to send the wifi to check the system.

Is it possible to use the relay on CCGX or BMV to turn off phoenix inverter using it's remote port at night, when I don't need to check the wifi?

Or should I just find a low powered USB hub that runs on DC? (Does anyone have any recommendations?)

Every night, my BMV says 100% but the AC inverter is powering the USB hub through the night, and it uses about 2% of the bank and 96 watts. Is this slowly killing my batteries? Should I not be worried about this daily 2% discharge?

Thanks,

Mark

unckdecamp asked
1234enough commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX with 4 ve direct connections?

Hello,

I have a job existing with 3 MPPTs connected with a Cerbo GX and need to add in a shunt.

Reading the online manual for the Cerbo GX it only supports 3 ve.direct devices due to cpu power limitaions, but my supplier said a 4th one running off the usb to ve direct will work.

The lynx shunt is too exspensive and not practical here. Should I get the depricated vbc ve.net shunt or go for the 4th ve.direct to usb connection?

"The listed maximum on the `Performance` section in above table is the total connected VE.Direct devices such as MPPT Solar Charge controllers. Total means all directly connected devices plus the devices connected over USB. The limit is mostly bound by CPU processing power. Note that there is also a limit to the other type of devices of which often multiple are connected: PV Inverters. Up to three or four three phase inverters can typically be monitored on a CCGX. Higher power CPU devices can monitor more. "

Or am I interpreting this note incorrectly?

Isaac Shannos asked
Paul Horseman commented ·

1 Answer

VE.direct cable too long, can I loop?

I’ve got a very short run from BMV-712 to Cerbo GX, and a long VE.direct cable. I could use up that extra cable by looping it about 5 times in a 6” loop. Is there anything wrong with doing that? TIA

cw8 asked
netrange answered ·

1 Answer

Inverter Phoenix VE.Direct 1200VA ECO mode

HI,

I bought a Phoenix VE.Direct 1200VA inverter because of its low power consumption in ECO mode.

The manuals reports that "The default ECO mode wake-up minimum power is 15 Watt"

I tried connecting a 50W incandescent lamp and it doesn't turn on.

Is it possible that the inverter has defect or for some reason had been factory programmed with a higher load detect level?

Thank you

crossflow asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

1 Answer

VE.Direct to USB interface cable, is it isolated?

Can anyone confirm for me that is it an isolated cable?

biswa asked
biswa commented ·

1 Answer

MPPT lost VE.Direct connection to Venus

Hello,

my MPPT 250/100 seems to have lost connection to the venus OS (2.89). The initial connection via VE.Direct-to-USB cable has worked. I think I messed around with DVCC settings and disabled it again. Since then the MPPT was first "disconnected" and has disappeared from Venus after rebooting the RPi.

There was a message about resetting VE.Direct, but I cannot find any instructions. What do I need to do to ?

Lars

larsac asked
larsac answered ·

1 Answer

Disable voltage sens by the VE Direct

How to disable voltage sensing when MPPT and BMV712 are connected by VE Direct?

The Issue occurs when charging the aux battery only and the house battery is isolated from the charger (MPPT). The aux battery will be overcharged due to VE direct will read voltage for the house battery. Voltage sens must be disabled.

best-lithium-battery asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

Connection du Bluesolar 150/60 à Victron connect

Bonjour,

Je n'arrive pas à connecter mon régulateur BlueSolar MPPT 150/60 à mon PC via un cable VE-Direct/USB.

Mon système est le suivant : Multiplus II + Color GX + Bluesolar MPPT.

Pour connecter le régulateur Blusolar à mon PC, je débranche le cable VE.direct qui le relie au Color GX et je connecte mon cable VE DIrect/Usb à mon PC. Mais Victron Connect ne détecte pas mon Blusolar. Pourtant la connection via le bluetooth fonctionne sur mon téléphone portable, et la connection avec le Color GX fonctionne aussi très bien.

Une idée ?

Merci.

Fred

fredo asked
yann answered ·

3 Answers

Connecting Multiple Victron SmartSolar MPPT to one Battery Bank

We have a customer who currently has 2 x Victron Smart Solar MPPT Regulators... Both feeding a single battery bank - he also wants to now add a 3rd to the system feeding the same battery bank.

This is only a small system (e.g. MPPT100/15's) - and I know he could just get one large MPPT - however this is not the desired outcome due to different aspects / shading etc.

--

I have been searching and found that there are a few conversations similar to this however no rock solid answers so I have the questions:

1. Is the functionality available yet (July 2019) for the two (or 3) MPPT Regulators to work efficiently in parallel synchronising their charging algorithms rather than one switching off prematurely?

2. What information do the MPPT Regulators "share" with each other if connected via VE Direct Smart Network?

3. Will VE Direct Smart Network communicate exactly the same as using the Cable? Or are there limitations?

ncpw asked
alan commented ·

3 Answers

VE.Direct Extension Cable?

My Victron 100/50 controller is mounted at the rear of my RV in an enclosed metal compartment. Hence the BT Signal won't make it much further than right above the compartment in the back of the RV. I want to get the signal at the front of the RV. Currently the only way that appears to be possible is to add a BT Dongle. But I need a longer cable than what they come with standard. (5feet, 1.5m) I need about a 5 meter or longer cable. My question is, does anyone make a VE.Direct extension cable? I am thinking it needs to have a female connector on the other side to allow the BT Dongle to plug in to it. I have seen male to male VE.Direct cables, and my assumption is they may be cross over cabling to swap the send and receive channels. If no one makes an extension, does anyone know what that connector is called so I can try to solder one up? Thanks, Bill

bigbillsd asked
momahmoud answered ·

2 Answers

Not enough port ?

Hello,

I'm think about installing for a client a system with:

• x 1 Multiplus 48/5000
  • x 5 SmartSolar 250/60
  • x 1 SmartShunt 500
  • x 4 Lithium Batteries 12,8V 200Ah + VE.BUS BMS
  • x 1 GX device (and here's the question)

I have nr. 3 VE.DIRECT, nr. 2 VE.DIRECT-USB ports on a Cerbo but I have nr. 6 devices to connect... the Octo GX does not seem to have the display to move around different options so I have no idea how to get all the data I need to see into one solution.

Many thanks,
Mike

fgs-energie asked
Strohmtony edited ·

2 Answers

MPPT RS 450/200 Tracker shutdown VE.Direct

Hello,

Is it normal if i connect the VE.Direct Cable to the Cerbo GX Unit that Tracker 3 and 4 out of function, just tracker 1 is working.

[image]

[image]

And the following is without VE.Direct connection. Why its work before i connect the VE.Direct cable to the CerboGX?

[image]

My System:

[image]

[image]

marcel42 asked
marcel42 commented ·

2 Answers

ve.can vs ve.direct

Hi, using 2 or 3 of the same solar smart kontroller...which way is the best to connect it to the cerbo gx? Via ve.direct cabel or via the ve.can bus? What is the difference? Thanks

skykay asked
robertc answered ·

5 Answers

VE.Direct Multiplus II GX - to Raspberry with Venus (German/English)

Hallo an alle hier im Forum,

ich bin neu hier und habe schon sehr viel gelesen. Ich hoffe in Zukunft weitere Infos zu finden und anderen Mitgliedern ggf. auch mit Rat und Tat zu Seite stehen zu können.

Aktuell rüste ich meine bestehende PV Anlage auf (Bestehend: Fronius Symo WR on Grid mit 9,3kwp – Erweiterung: 3x Multiplus II + Speicher + MPPT…)
Da noch nicht alle Komponenten vor Ort sind und ich auf den Elektriker warten muss, habe ich bis jetzt nur den Mulitplus II GX probeweise angeklemmt und ein Raspberry PI mit Touchscreen montiert, um die Kommunikation vorab zu testen.

Nach erfolgreicher Installation und konfiguration der Raspberry kann ich meinen Symo Wechselrichter sehen, aber den, über VE.Direct angeschlossenen Multiplus II GX, sehe ich nicht.
In der Online Konsole sowie im VRM sehe ich mein Raspi und auch den Multiplus.

VE.Direct am MP II GX:
Hier habe ich getestet ob 5V zu messen sind, zwischen den äußeren PINs -> keine Spannung

Kann es sein, dass man das GX Modul erst aktivieren muss? Ich kann im Netz und in der Anleitung nichts dazu finden.

Viele Grüße
Tausendsassa

-----------

Hello to all here in the forum,

I am new here and have already read a lot. I hope in the future to find more information and other members may also be able to help with words and deeds.

Currently I am upgrading my existing PV system (Existing: Fronius Symo Inverter on Grid with 9.3kwp - Extension: 3x Multiplus II + storage + MPPT...).
Since not all components are on site and I have to wait for the electrician, I have so far only the Mulitplus II GX test connected and a Raspberry PI with touchscreen mounted to test the communication in advance.

After successful installation and configuration of the Raspberry, I can see my Symo inverter, but I do not see the Multiplus II GX connected via VE.Direct.
In the online console as well as in the VRM I see my Raspi and also the Multiplus.

VE.Direct on the MP II GX:
Here I tested if 5V can be measured, between the outer PINs -> no voltage.

Can it be that you have to activate the GX module first? I can't find anything about this on the net or in the manual.

Many greetings

tausendsassa asked
wkirby commented ·

3 Answers

Smart Shunts disappear from Cerbo on VE Direct/USB

Hello, this is the 2nd time I have lost a Smart Shunt from my VRM console.

I have 10 banks of batteries (each bank is a pair of 12v/206Ah SOL batteries, for a 24v/206Ah bank) Each bank has a smart shunt attached to monitor charge, voltage, current in and out, temperature and general condition of the pair of batteries making up the bank.

Each shunt is connected via a VE Direct/USB cable to a USB hub, and the HUB is wired to a Cerbo GX,. I have 2 such hubs, each connected directly too the Cerbo. One HUB holds 6 VE Direct/USB shunt cables, the other 5. This week, shunts labelled 4-5-6 disappeared. VRM shows they haven't been seen in 5 days. Using the Victron Connect Bluetooth app, they show up fine.

This happened to me last year, when one shunt disappear for several days, only to randomly rep-appear a few days later. My gut feeling is something is amiss at Victron server end, and perhaps the VRM instances are being misconfigured or blocked.

anyway, its very annoying, and any ideas what to try? (I have already tried plugging one in directly to a Cerbo USB port, disconnecting the cable completely. Replacing the cable, rebooting the Cerbo)

thank-you

Graydon asked
xl5 answered ·

2 Answers

372 Posts
320 Users
9 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
1060 Points
Alexandra
295 Points