system integration Image

system integration

Adding extra MPPT and Inverter to EasySolar 24/3000

Hi Everyone, this is my first post here, hopefully, I can find some answers to my questions, any help is appreciated.

I am looking at installing an EasySolar 24/3000/70-50 MPPT 150/70 as this seems to be a very economical system to get started with, but am wondering if it is possible to expand this system easily in the future or not? as this will determine if I go with this initially and then expand as required later, or, use independent components to allow for easier expansion later.

Will it be possible to add another MPPT, and, of a larger size? - Blue/Smart Solar 150/100 for example.

Also, is it possible to add another inverter? - A Phoenix 24/3000 for example.

Cheers.

jessebill asked
kevgermany commented ·

1 Answer

Hallo, kann ich den Multiplus II auch einphasig auf L2 betreiben? Überall ist beispielhaft L1 vorgegeben.

Hallo, seit Kurzem betreibe ich eine AC gekoppelte PV Anlage und speise einphasig auf L2 ein (bei meiner Altanlage liegen fast alle Verbraucher auf L2). Die Schaltpläne von Victron gehen von einer Einspeisung auf L1 aus. Gibt meine Wahl von L2 Ärger bei der Stromflußverteilungsstrategie des Cerbo GX? und sollte ich ggf. beim Stromzähler EM24 die Anschlüsse L1 und L2 vertauschen, damit würde ihm vorgegaukelt daß auf L1 eingespeist würde.

rasputin asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX - Temperature activation of relay.

Greetings All , Question is . When using a Venus GX or Curbo GX . I need to activate one of the relays based off one of the Temp Sensors plugged in to the Venus or Curbo . I can get an alarm via the VRM as well as an email notification and that works fine but I need the relay on the Curbo to be activated . This is to enable a backup system for the refrigerator . Any advice would be great if this can be setup .

Stephen Phillips asked
northtown2022 answered ·

8 Answers

API for Bluetooth 500 Smart Shunt access

I see where there are a lot of options for accessing devices with other systems, but I cannot find anything for the Smart Shunt (500). It doesn't appear to work on windows at all, and the linux version of Connect seems to require a GUI. I was hoping to integrate battery monitoring with other aspects of an astronomy system, for example to get an alert if the SOC drops below some threshhold, park the telescope, shut down gracefully.

Is there any mechanism for programmatically accessing its data via Blue Tooth, on Linux (preferred) or Windows?

It is standalone, not part of a larger system of Victron devices (well, I have a Victron charger but it will not be with the telescope in use).

Also, on a related question: Am I correct there is no remembered state of charge if the shunt is disconnected? That you have to manually enter it, and/or let the battery charge fully? As opposed on power-up to resuming where it left off?

But my main goal is to be able to monitor it from an automation system during unattended imaging.

Thanks,

Linwood

linwood-f asked
linwood-f commented ·

4 Answers

Can I add victron datafields to my Simrad/Navico plotter?

Can I add datafields from Victron GX to the infobar on right side? I would like to have voltage value and solar PV charger value. Other NMEA2000 equipment can be implemented in the sidebars.

[image]

trulsla asked
payslipview answered ·

6 Answers

Raymarine integration roadmap ?

Hi all.

I,ve read the Raymarine MFD integration docs, but had a question regarding the cheaper series than the Axiom versions. (Element HV and Element S versions)

Will they ever get supported ? First of all, the price is quitte big for the Axiom versions. Second, I do like the way that the E and the S series have physical buttons. I,ve tried some of the displays of Raymarine an a large boat shop in Zaandam (NL), but like the versions with physical buttons more.

PS, the Axiom Pro does have buttons, but that`s the most expensive of all versions.

Greetings and have a nice weekend

Leverg

leverg asked
Paul B edited ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX ethernet integration with Garmin 8417 MFD

We have a Cerbo Gx connected via the ethernet LAN port to a Garmin 8417 MFD. All latest software version. If the Cerbo is connected to a Wifi network the system works fine. If the Cerbo is not connected to the Wifi network the MFD prompts with a message that the MQTT server cannot be found. It also intermittently advises "An error occurred while rendering the application."

Are we doing something wrong?

[image]

[image]

trevor-bird asked
trevor-bird answered ·

3 Answers

Wer hat es geschafft, eine Victron Installation (MultiPlus, Solarregler …) mit einem KABE Smart D System zu koppeln?

Halle zusammen,

ich fahre ein Kabe Travel Master Royal I760lgb Modelljahr 2020. Die Bedienungsanleitung zum Fahrzeug findet sich hier: https://www.kabe.se/documents/manuals/Instruction_2020_motorhomes-de.pdf KABE verbaut keinen klassischen Elektroblock sondern setzt auf eine digitale „smarte“ Steuerung, die sich KABE Smart D (ähnlich dem Cerbo GX mit Display) nennt. Das System basiert auf einer BUS Architektur. da ich nunmehr eine Solaranlage, nebst MultiPlus und Liontron Lithium Batterien in meinem Fahrzeug habe, würde ich die Victron Komponenten gern an das KABE System anschließen um alles von einer Stelle aus „messen, regeln und steuern„ zu können.

Da ich bisher keine Informationen gefunden habe, um die Victron Installation mit meinem KABE Smart D zu verbinden und auch niemanden kenn, der weiß wie’s geht, frage ich hier die Community.

Icb würde mich freuen, wenn sich Jemand meldet, der eine solche VICTRON <=> KABE Smart D Anbindung realisiert hat und mir entsprechende Informationen zur Verfügung stellt.

mykabe asked

0 Answers

Venus OS integration 'direction' - help required

I've been lurking here for a while and find the idea of running Venus OS (large) on a Pi an attractive option. However, my reading of the history (and documentation) of this impressive project has left me a little bewildered since there are so many options, some of which may now be obsolete.

I have N2K on my boat and have decided to replace some of my ageing electrical installation (from another dutch company :/ ) with the following: Multiplus II (12/3000), 2 x smartsolar MPPT, Smartshunt. My existing LiFePO4 is already protected by my own design BMS which speaks N2k.

It seems that I need to buy a bunch of Ve.direct to USB adapters and a Ve.Bus adapter. For the N2K, its unclear, I assume an available Pi hat - is data flow bi-directional? Will Venus OS pick up my BMS N2K messages and use them or will it prefer the Smartshunt values? Will the smartshunt values make it to the N2K bus so I can use them in my BMS (for comparison and backup)?

Sorry for the variety of questions :) Looking forward to a positive discussion.

P.S. I'm switching my purchasing decision towards Victron due to the open sourcing of Venus. I'm very grateful and find it very freeing to know that I can integrate whatever I want into my system now rather than being stuck with the straighjacket of closed systems offered by competitors

John macrae asked
shaneyake commented ·

0 Answers

Looking for engineering support

Hello, I have built a three phase 60Kw system with approximately 300 panels, four wind turbines. The system is based on 6 Victron quattros. This is a three phase system with two quattros in parallel per phase. 300KwH of batteries.

The system works well, but I would like to work with a real electrical engineer (aka not me) to document the schematic, move the DC system to a busbar system, implement a couple of automations, make sure all the system safety and managment are in place and ultimately make the system such that it can be built out in a container and shipped to specific sites.

Do you have any recommendations of individuals or companies who could help me ?

pierre-samec asked

0 Answers

AC Coupled Fronius excess to activate over heat command to heatpump

Hi,
I have a Cerbo GX with a DC Coupled SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 (VE Direct), an AC Couple Fronius Primo 8.2-1, and am waiting for my Multiplus II 48/10000/140-100 230V. Batteries are 9 x US3000C Pylontech providing nearly 32kWh connected to the Cerbo GX via CANBus.

I recently installed a large Samsung Heatpump/Aerotermia which provides hot water and central heating. This Heatpump can accept commands via relays or Modbus to increase the heat of the water and central heating (when activated) by some 5ºC when excess solar is available to avoid or reduce night power draw from the grid.

The question is how do I configure or set this up?

On the relay side, it requires two relays which would work with the following commands;
Relay 1 Relay 2 Heatpump operation

closed open forced thermo off operation

open open Normal operation

open closed Heating/DHW setting temperature 1 step-up operation

closed closed Heating/DHW setting temperature 2 step-up operation

Can I use the 2 relays on the cerbo GX for this operation or would MODBus be a better option as I plan to incorporate a Genset to this later?

ponzoa asked
Nico Bayer commented ·

3 Answers

3 ph Multiplus 2 Erratic behaviour

I have attempted to explain my predicament below. Apologies for the long story, but struggled to abbreviate and still ensure I cover everything I have seen thus far.

I have a 3ph system with 3 Multiplus II 48/5000, a Cerbo GX, three MPPT 250/100 and Pylontech US3000C battery system. I have also installed an EM24 grid meter that is connected via USB to the Cerbo GX.

I have installed approximately 20kW battery power and 13kWp between the three MPPT's.

The system seems to record incorrect data and this causes an erratic response. The EM24 seems accurate. I have a 6kW 3 phase element in the one geyser and can see when this comes on that the EM24 shows an accurate reflection of this power as can be seen in the picture below.

[image]

During the past hour the element was on while the MPPT's was charging the batteries. Midway though the time where the element was on, the system decided the batteries is sufficiently charged it can assist. As expected the grid will now reduce while the inverter is pushing back the power to the non-essential side on the AC Input of the inverters.

The concern is that AC Consumption (Total load calculated by the system) now spikes to almost 40 kW on L1 as well as on the other phases although little less. The grid meter is actually seeing that we feeding back into the grid on L1 and L2 although L3 remain stable (L3 now correctly replaced with the power from the batteries). Also the Multiplus AC Output power becomes extremely erratic, which I would believe is only the supply to the essential side and should not reflect the power drawn by the element.

Then as soon as the batteries go back to charging the system become stable again with the Grid meter showing the drawn power.

I have disabled the Grid feed-in (Both AC and DC) settings last night which seemed to have improved the situation, but it was still not stable this morning when the geyser switched on. Below is a graph from 3am to 6am

[image]

At 4am the geyser switched on and the noise started as the batteries still had capacity. Just before 5am the batteries got to minimum SOC (35%) and it started pulling from the grid. After noticing this I decided at 5am to change the Multiphase regulation back to all phases. This improved these peaks and dips seen on the both sets of graphs, but the issue still remain when the batteries are being utilized.

If anyone can give me some advice as to what to look at to improve stability during these discharging cycles of the batteries. Once I have this improved I would go back to Individualphase regulation to ensure I remain net positive on each phase as I have three single phase meters for my 3ph supply that I need to manage.

Thanks.

Johan Pool asked
Johan Pool answered ·

2 Answers

Your evaluation before installation

Hi Folks

Before installing my system in my motorhome, I wanted to submit to your experiences on this installation.

The green part is the support panel. The cables pass through the rounds to pass to the rear. This forms like a door with a hinge to facilitate assembly and to carry out subsequent additions of elements. The dimensions of all elements are exact dimensions in mm. The thin cables are in 2.5mm2 or VE.Direct or USB, the medium ones in 16mm2, the batteries in 35mm2. The battery fuses are 175 ANL. The red lines are + or Line or Phase, the black lines are - or Neutral.

No cables cross and the support panel is 80 cm x 60 cm, made of fireproof wood. Did I miss something in this assembly diagram?

I thank you in advance.

[image]

myhomebuzz asked
myhomebuzz edited ·

5 Answers

Portable generator recommendation - auto start/stop with GX - North America

I'm interested in the smallest auto start generator that easily integrates into the Victron ecosystem. I'd like to weigh as close to 100 pounds as possible. Can anybody recommend a brand, model and quick description of the integration?

I intend to us the relay on the CCGX to start and stop based on Battery SOC, Generator purpose is as backup.

System Description:

Cargo Trailer with 2200 Watts of PV Solar.

3 SmartSolar MPPTs

MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-50 120V

280 AH LifePo4 12V Battery (Heated using relay on BMV-712)

CCGX

Thanks

James Demetriou asked

0 Answers

OCTO GX - 4 BlueSolar MPPT - system voltage issue

Hi there

I have 2000W solar through 4 BlueSolar MPPT's 3x30 1x60amp with VE Direct cables to my Octo GX, also connected is my 12/3000/120 Multi.

Batteries are 2x RB300Ah Relion lithiums.

I have a BMV712 smart also connected to the Octo via VE Direct.

I am having the same issue as many with the MPPT battery voltage being different to the BMV voltage, I can see my controllers going to float as low as 70%SoC.

I have been told if I instal a Bluetooth sensor to the battery bank and network it to the BMV712 that this will become the default voltage for the entire system, has anyone done this with an Octo or can confirm it is correct.

TIA

Wayne

Wayne asked
Wayne answered ·

3 Answers

30 Posts
30 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.