question

bluenomads avatar image
bluenomads asked

Cerbo large signalk analysis for digital switching outcomes

I am using the wonderful Cerbo GX as the central point for many pieces of data on our boat's networks. Solar, BMS, tank levels, temperatures, N2K, etc.

I have installed a pair of Maretron mPower digital switches which take digital input (and output) and put it onto the N2K network.

The big endpoint is that I want to get and analyse all the N2K information on the mPower's switches and inputs - on/off, power going through each, digital fuse "blown", temperatures, etc. For example, one of the inputs is a bilge switch, while one switch is to turn on that bilge. I can set the response to the input going high to turn the bilge switch on (momentary). But how can I get a count of how many times this has happened in the past 24h? Or how long the switch was on, and the amperage it took?

My cerbo GX has an N2K input, and runs Signalk on the large install.

I have a Maretron IPG100 providing N2K-to-wifi, which makes N2K data available to a LAN from the Cerbo.

How can I

1. on the Cerbo (or NUC on the LAN), store the past n2k data going into the Cerbo's signalk server? I hope this has all the instantaneous N2K digital switching data. The NUC windows PC has a signalk server but I've never been able to get Cerbo signalk data onto it - can't seem to connect to the Cerbo directly even though I've got local Cerbo WiFi on and mqtt turned on; the NUC can see N2K data through the IPG100.
  2. any thoughts on how best to analyse the stored data (stored Cerbo signalk or stored NUC signalk) to get the information I want?

For comparison, I have heard of other people who use a bilge pump on/off directly connected to a digital input on the Cerbo, and apparently the Cerbo counts the on/off internally. They're having issues with pump hysteresis and getting bad counts, so are going to move to using the Cerbo node red. Since we have the Maretron digital switching already, and 8 bilge pumps (!), using the Cerbo's digital inputs is not going to work.

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2KwifiSignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources