BMS Image

BMS

New Lithium Smart Bank Commissioning. Watts Charged Lower Then Expected

Hello,

Making progress on a new installation of Multiplus 12/3000 + Lynx BMS + Lithium Smart Batteries (4).

I did my first set of load testing and got the bank from full charge down to 80%. When I provided AC shore power back to the Multiplus I only say about 1.2kW of charge current which then tapered down. See graph below showing the start of inverter test and back to charge.

The Multiplus is set to max 30A AC1 inlet

The Lynx BMS is set for

• Battery Capacity 330A
  • # of Batteries in Parallel 4

I was expecting the Multiplus to have a larger charge current to the battery bank.

Anyone know what the max watts a Multiplus 12/3000 can generate on the charging side? The data sheet was unclear.

Could this be something the BMS is dictating through DCVV because I thought it only set the voltage settings.

Cheers,

-R

[image]

murphy-r asked
Stefanie commented ·

6 Answers

MPPT 250 BMS control

Hello,

I urgently need help as my MPPT is going to blow my Batteries.

My MPPT is set to BMS controlled = NO.

How can this be changed? I've asked the shop I've bought it and they checked internally with some Victron colleagues and all refer me to this forum

Is there a way, even it means to send the MPPT to Victron.

But actually I hope that a setting in a commen menu (Cerbo GX) can be set back back.

Many thanks in advance.

derlang asked
derlang commented ·

1 Answer

Do I have to configure MPPT if battery has BMS?

I have just installed a MPPT 150/45, multiplus II, Blue Nova 52V 77 Ah connected via a Colour control. The BlueNova has a BMS and connected via Ve. Can port and is recognised.

1. Do I have to configure the MPPT with the same BlueNova parameters as the Multiplus for float, Lithium etc. or can it pick it up from the Colour Contro/lMPPT?

2. Which device controls/should control the charging overall? MPPT, Cololor GX or Blue Nova BMS?

3. I understand the MPPT cannot be managed remotely? Is this correct and I will need someone to do it as I am now 8000 miles away?

Some guidance will be appreciated.

Etienne

ejrossouw asked
seb71 commented ·

3 Answers

Problems with Smart BMS CL 12-100
We have encountered a problem with the Smart BMS CL 12-100.
The device produces an extremely high voltage drop at 100% charging current (over 1.5V). As a result, the device becomes very warm and the desired charging voltage at the output (14.2V) is only achieved at an input voltage of approx. 15.8V. This means that with a normal charging voltage, almost no charging (only 10%) is possible. This applies to all devices that we have tested in stock. And also with our customers.

Alwin Schulze asked
mik edited ·

1 Answer

How to connect Lynx Distributor and Smart BMS 12/200

Hi there - in my system I am using a Lynx Distributor with the Smart BMS 12/200. Would I connect the Lynx Distributor the same way I would connect the batteries in the diagram shown? Or do I need to connect the Smart BMS directly to my Victron Energy LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/330Ah Smart?

[image]

nickbollen123 asked

0 Answers

Smart BMS CL 12/100- Persistent A-B11: Under voltage Error

[image]

Purchased recently a Smart BMS CL 12/100 and connected to boats Lead acid start battery and LiFePo4 service battery. Configured it to use 60A current limit by using 60A fuse, and setting the same in Victron Connect App. But it seems to be a persistent error message I’m not able to clear no matter what I do. Tried “Facory reset”, use “Mode switch” to turn OFF and then ON again, but to no success. Voltages seems to be correct, but no charging of Lithium battery from the alternator, see screenshots attached. Could it be a configuration issue, or something else?

fredivar asked
Stefanie commented ·

4 Answers

MultiPlus-II GX with Daly BMS and CAN-Bus connection

Hello, I would like to build an 16S 48V LiFePO4 battery pack with 280Ah EVE cells and 200A Daly BMS with CAN-Port. As inverter I decided for an MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX. I asked the Daly support if the BMS will communicate with the Victron MultiPlus-II GX and they confirmed. In an other thread sombode wrote that the Daly BMS will not communicte by CAN-Bus with the Victron Multiplus II GX. Does anybody has experience with the Daly BMS and if it works by CAN-Connetion out of the box with the Victron devices?

gero asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 12/3000 + Cerbo + Lynx BMS + Smart Battery DCVV

Hi I am expanding an older system with the following components and ran into behavior by my Multiplus 12/3000 in charging my new Victron Lithium Smart batteries.

Components

• Cerbo GX
  • Lithium Smart Batteries
  • Lynx Smart BMS
  • Multiplus 12/3000

I see in the Cerbo where the Lynx communicated through DCVV the following values from the battery.

• CVL - 14.2V
  • CCL - 330A
  • DCL - 600A

However, when I start commissioning the first battery solo the Multiplus is charging at 13.8V and floats at 13.38V

So a few questions:

1. Does my Multiplus on the latest firmware v494 support DCVV over the VE.Bus?
  2. When I go into the configure the Multiplus it specifically says in the help section that if a Lynx BMS is used the GX will override all settings over CAN-bus
  3. Trying to understand why the Multiplus is charging at below 14.2V even when I configured it to do 14.2V if the DCVV was not working.
  4. My Multiplus dropped into float after 15-20minutes on the single battery and never hit a voltage above 13.8V to trigger the batter to know it's cell status. Not sure how to get the cell status to calculate. Battery Cells are all 3.40V and says Battery Read For Use in Victron Connect App.
  5. For a fully charged 12V Victron Lithium Smart Battery what is the normal cell voltage supposed to be?

Cheers!

murphy-r asked
Stefanie answered ·

3 Answers

Lynx Smart BMS + WS500

Hi, I see the new schematic diagram showing the lynx bms and ws500 indicates that CAN comms to the ws500 is still under development. Any indication when this might be ready?

With the ATC control of the ws500, does this open before the contactor opens to avoid load dump damage to the alternator? Is this also the case when the bms is turned off by the remote contact?

Also wondering how the relay output is configured on the lynx bms and why the ATC signal is wired through the relay for the ws500?

Thanks and nice work on the new product!

stevomyatt asked
stevomyatt commented ·

5 Answers

Fallback Settings on MPPT and Inverter for ESS

There are a few scenarios that I believe that systems should continue to work when they don't when a component disconnects.

Examples:

1. BMS comms is connected and then stops working for some reason (comms loss etc) - solar production completely stops. Surely the fallback settings on the MPPT should ensure that solar production continues and an alarm should be triggered?

2. Energy meter is connected and stops working for some reason (comms loss etc) the system then goes into passthru and solar production continues. The ideal scenario is that system continues to produce solar, metering is reverted to the inverter and alarm is triggered.

There are some more scenarios that are similar to the above where there should be some fallback logic to ensure systems keep working (ESS) but alarms are rather triggered than stopping certain functions.

mauromartini asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

bms-can System SOC shows 50%

Hey folks, looking for a little help. I'm probably just severely confused. So I have an Orion Jr BMS connected to my Cerbo via bms.can.

The problem I have is the reported System SOC only shows 50% At the same time my original Shunt is reporting 100%.

Here's my Question: Is the "System SOC" being reported by the actual the Orion Jr?

My house bank is 12v 600 AH (8, 3.2v 300ah cells (Winston TSWB-LYP300AHA))

Any help is appreciated.

Heath

hhubred asked

0 Answers

Mayday -> MPPT BMS Controlled NO to YES

Hallo,

ich verzweifle und ja es ist mein Fehler.

Ich habe BMS Controlled von YES auf NO gestellt, da ich immer wieder diesen dämlichen Err67 erhielt. Aus einem der Beiträge in diesem Forum und aus den Einstellungen "External Control" dachte ich, dass mein Cerbo GX den MPPT steuert, also bezüglich Ladestrom etc.

Dem scheint nicht so zu sein, nun habe ich aber eine Zelle, die etwas driftet und mein BMS fragt nach Leistungsreduzierung. Der MPPT pumpt aber fröhlich mit allem was geht rein.

Nun habe ich alles erdenkliche versucht, wie bekommt man dieses Mist Ding dazu, wieder auf BMS Controlled = Yes zu gehen? VE.Direct Kabel da, Cerbo über CAN angeschlossen.

Einstellungen bei MPPT auf Default gesetzt, Gerät ausgeschaltet (PV und Batterie), 3 Min gewartet, aber er zeigt mir fröhlich den Mittelfinger und bleibt bei NO...

Besten Dank und Grüße

Jörg

derlang asked

0 Answers

Victron Smart Battery Protect 12/24 |100 placement question

Hi Folks,

I have a two fold question about the best placement for Victron BP for my VAN build that has LIFEPo4 560Ah 12v house battery bank, REC BMS, Cerbo-GX, Orion-tr DC-DC, Multiplus 3000, and pair of MPPTs 100/30. Originally I purchased the BP thinking of protecting the car battery, when using Orion Dc-Dc charger, as for my indented off-grid travel, starting the engine would be #1 priority over any house loads. However while doing my research I found that almost no one using it this way. Most references in Victron diagrams I find the BP being placed before house load (that's makes most sense to me) or after MPPTs (why?)

What are the practical experiences on this matter, where to best utilize the BP, since I already have it? It seems that Orion Dc-Dc can safely protect car battery from discharging under reasonable use. I drive Ford Transit 2020 and that uses dual AGM battery bank, if this is relevant to the question. I can install the breaker switch between CCP and the Orion and turn it on when needed.

And the second part, what programming parameters needs to be applied to BP when use in the particular manner. It does not have VE.can connector, does it mean it can not talk to Cerbo-GX? And do I even need to install it with REC BMS controlling the cells?

Thanks in advance!

George.

geolboy asked

0 Answers

schema aansluiting Orion- Tr Smart , Smart solar MPPT 75/15 , Small BMS Smart battery Protect65

Ik zoek het schema voor de aansluiting van een Orion- Tr Smart , Smart solar MPPT 75/15 , Small BMS en Smart Battery Protect 65.

Grt Apcruiser

apcruiser asked

0 Answers

Controlling a Phoenix 24/3000 inverter and SmartBattery Protect with a Lynx Smart BMS

I have a Phoenix inverter in a system with Lynx Smart BMS, Smart Battery Protect and Cerbo. Will the Cerbo shut the Phoenix down via VE.Bus when a low voltage condition occurs? Or is it necessary to use the ATD pins to open the remote on the Phoenix? This is problematic, as the ATD pins are used to control a Smart BatteryProtect in LI-ion mode. The SBP was implemented to provide an additional layer of protection for DC loads.

mike-g asked
Stefanie commented ·

3 Answers

715 Posts
455 Users
7 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
1317 Points
scubasail
10 Points