ac out 2 Image

ac out 2

Ac outputs multiplus 2

Hi I have a Multiplus 2 (3kw 12 v to 240v UK) I’m installing in a 1966 Citroen HY van which is being used as a Coffee van , I’m obviously wanting to run all appliances during day off the 12v battery bank but of an evening during battery recharging stage off residential 240v AC I’m wanting the fridges to stay live through the 240 AC in. Does this configuration mean that the circuit for the fridges has to be wired to AC 2 output and I’ll have to have a separate circuit and plug the fridges from AC1 circuit to AC 2 circuit every night or am I missing the trick here??

letube asked
shaneyake answered ·

1 Answer

Can AC out 2, Quattro 15kVA be left on permanently ?

HI

Is it possible to leave "AC out 2" on permanently, regardless of "AC in" is active or not (with grid/gen or not)?

lazza asked
Matthew Walsh answered ·

1 Answer

AC Out 2 Control of Cabinet Cooling Fan

I have connected a cabinet cooling fan to AC2 Out, I have connected the provided battery temperature sensor to the Multiplus, I have am trying to programme the AC Out 2 relay to come on and off however in the assistant the temperature sense is either off or on not programmable for certain temperatures, do you have to add a third party temperature control relay?

allaboutsolar asked
allaboutsolar answered ·

2 Answers

Mutiplus II Uniit and AC2

Excuse my confusion as this may have been asked (no luck finding answer).

With my Multiplus II unit, and the AC2 output. I want to wire up my heavy loads i.e. water heater, air compressor to AC2. both of which are currently wired directly to my breaker panel. for the life of me, I am struggling to understand how to wire them to AC2. Do I eliminate the these devices from the Breaker panel and wire them directly to the AC2 output?

or do I also feed the mains on then panel with AC2 (seems this would still draw from AC1) unless I had a small sub-panel.

I have AC1 feed the mains on the panel and just cant understand the wiring of AC2 back to the panel.

Thank you in advance

Mark

mxride asked
marekp answered ·

1 Answer

Can I change the Quattro AC OUT 2 Time delay?

Is it possible to change the delay which it takes for AC out 2 to go live?

I have contactors which are being driven by AC OUT 2, but when the grid or generator input is live (after a mains failure or return) it takes around 2 and a half minutes for AC2 to go live, and hence close the contactors... Is there any way to change this to 30 seconds for instance?

ewalderasmus asked
trevor-bird answered ·

4 Answers

multiplus bloqué

Bonjour,

j'ai un easy solar IIGX et le multiplus qui le compose me dit qu'il est bloqué et donc je n'ai pas de sortie en ACout 1.

Si vous avez des idées......

Cordialement,

m asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

3 Answers

Multiplus 2 5000va to two separate consumer units

Currently running our static lodge off of solar with 4 pylon tech batteries and the multiplus 2, no grid connection. I want to run power my workshop as well as we have plenty of spare capacity. Obviously ac out 2 is only functional under certain conditions, would it be ok to run another 6mm swa from ac out 1 to the consumer unit in the workshop?? Is there another way to do it that would be better/safer/easier

Any help appreciated

fraser

kaijumod asked
kaijumod commented ·

1 Answer

Water generator constantly standard load with MultiPlus?

Our only source of electricity is the sun using Victron equipment (2 multiplus inverters/charges in parallel, 3 MPPT charge controllers, Color GX etc.) and A/C generators.

We are close to a source of running water, so we have built a 3m diameter wheel to produce electricity (230V AC) in order to charge our batteries in the winter. We are looking for a victron equipment (preferably) solution that will ensure a constant load to the water generator in order to have a constant rotation speed of the wheel, because when the load decreases (batteries full) the rotation speed will increase, the voltage will increase etc.

What we want to do is load the batteries and use any surpluses to heat water, while keeping the load to the water generator constant.

Can we use one additional multiplus inverter/charger with a standard load to AC Out 2? Will this ensure a standard load to the water generator?

If not can we do this with another victron product, even if we have to change the generator to DC?

amacris asked
mrhappy answered ·

1 Answer

Is there a time/clock function to use in programming ACOut2 virtual assistant?

Dear all,

In case there is grid power available I would like to turn of my ACOut2 at 22hrs and turn it back on at 5.30hrs. So the geysers and fridges are not working through the night. Is there a way how I can manage this in a virtual assistant?

I have the following assistant rules in place in case there is no grid available to turn of ACOut2 to avoid my batteries run flat before the sun comes up. (and alarm goes off etc) With these settings the ACOut2 will go off between 19-20hrs. (and come back when the sun is blazing around 8.30hrs) That is fine in case there is an issue with the grid, but not for structural use. Any tips?

Or is there another workaround to create an assistant with "AND" logic iso "OR" for the rules?

Thanks.

[image]

jorisvn asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus II 24/3000/70 120v AC OUT2

When I turn off my Multiplus I expected the AC to pass through to AC OUT2. This is not the case. What do I need to change to make this happen?

menasco asked
menasco commented ·

1 Answer

Using Cerbo GX and Multiplus to control dump load

Victron AC System.png

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using my Cerbo GX and Multiplus II together.

I want to heat a 240v water heater as either a dump load (when battery SOC is high) OR when shore power is available to the Multiplus.

This is simple enough with just the dump load setup - I can use the relay in the Cerbo to trigger at a certain SOC to a second relay to power the heater.

What I am wondering is whether it is electrically possible to combine the 2 AC outputs of the Multiplus so that the heater is ALSO powered when shore power is available - as the second AC out on the Multiplus is active only in this case. Maybe there is another way of doing this (like if the Cerbo logic could control the relay based on AC availability too).

I have attached a simplified diagram of what I propose.

Are the 2 AC outputs perfectly synchronous?

Thanks for any advice

Liam

liam-hogan asked
Vance Mitchell commented ·

1 Answer

[Urgent] 3phase 3 quattros battery charging problem

I'm using 3 quattros with 3 phase AC inputs (phase 1 - quattro 1, phase 2 - quattro 2, phase 3 - quattro 3) and Pylontech lithium batteries. The ACin 2 terminals are used as AC input instead of ACin 1 terminals since it is a bit congested with cables on the ACin1 terminals side.

Both AC out terminals on each quattro are used to output 3 phase system. AC out 1 is powering small loads and AC out 2 is powering bigger loads. The system is designed to act as a UPS, providing power to only essential loads (AC out 1) when electricity's cut off from the grid. I followed this link: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom to configure the system. Now, I have two issues:

1. When the quattros are turned on and the AC input breaker is switched on, only quattro 1 appears to be drawing current from the mains whereas the other two quattros do not have any current. This means only quattro 1 is charging the batteries and the other two quattros do not charge the batteries. This is clear by the lit bulk charge LED on quattro 1 while the charging LEDs on the other two are not lit. Below are some more info about the system.

Battery capacity: 28,416Wh (3,552Wh x 8 batteries)

Quattro: Victron Quattro 48/10000/140-100/100 x 3

2. With the AC in main breaker still switched on, I measured the AC out voltages on all inverters. Apparently all AC out 1 terminals have 220V and it is fine. However, the AC out 2 terminals have only 20V. When the grid power is available, AC out 2 terminals should have 220V. Only when the grid is not available, AC out 2 should be cut off.

Could anyone please figure out how to fix these 2 issues? Thanks.

htooz15 asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

AC2 Output Current Rating - Multiplus 12/3000/120 and/or Multiplus II 2x120

Reading either datasheets or the manual, the auxiliary output (AC2) shows a current limit of 25A with a fuse rating of 32A. This is the output I should put my non-inverted loads on, like Air Conditioners, ovens and water heaters - which combined, easily exceed 25A. I'm suspecting this is a documentation error, where it was not changed from the 230V value. Can anyone confirm this? Can AC2 have loads up to 50A (if not 75A w/boost) connected?

svalvasori asked
svalvasori commented ·

4 Answers

AC Output 2 on EasySolar with AC Ignore set up

Hi, i use an easysolar in my motorhome and i want to use the AC ignore to charge the batterie with the solar panel in priority with the possibility to have the AC out 2 even if the AC in is ignored (enought battery capacity). And of course if the load or state trigger, activate the AC in.

I use the assitants to do this with the informations i've found on the net. This is my settings, are they correct ?

1st

[image]

2nd

[image]

3rd

[image]

Thank you for the help !

lambish asked
lambish commented ·

3 Answers

Grid parallel load vs. AC out 2

Good-day. I am trying to understand the difference between a "grid parallel load" and a load on "AC out 2" when using a Quattro or a Multiplus in ESS mode. Clearly, the inverter does not even know there is a grid parallel load unless it is configured to do so and there is an energy meter attached to measure the power flow at the grid input. (Any guidance on how to configure these aspects would be welcome). I have attempted to list the characteristics below - feel free to correct me :-

Load on AC out 2.

Powered firstly by the inverter (until the combined "AC out 1" + "AC out 2" exceeds the inverter capacity) and then by AC mains as well. The combined load must not exceed the rating of the transfer switch.

If the AC mains falls away, the AC out 2 is cut off.

Provides a way to make use of excess Solar PV yield on non-critical loads.

Grid Parallel Load

Powered firstly by the grid (under normal curcumstances does not require any additional capacity from the inverter).

Normally, the inverter drives the loads on AC out 1 (and AC out 2) as required. Under some configured conditions (not eactly clear how), the inverter starts to "push" power out of "AC in" and thus contribute to this grid parallel load. It can supply this load completely such that no power is drawn from the mains supply. The energy meter can be used to regulate the amount of power supplied via "AC in" so that it is equal to, but does not exceed, the grid parallel load.

Is there any guidance as to which approach can or should be used under which conditions.

Thanks,

John Hope-Bailie

johnhb asked
kuban-invertor commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus - AC-1 AC-2 switch over for Aircon start on genset

Hi, I have a Multiplus in a motor home. All AC was connected to AC-1. Problem was, if somebody pulls the power lead or the generator runs out of fuel in the night, the Multiplus switches to battery and might discharge them too much. AC-2 drops the load in that case, but because its to sensitive, I can't use it to start the AC on the 'at start' unnoticable fluctuating generator.

Its a nearly new Honda EU2000i, perfect for the load.

So I installed an external switch that lets me switch the AC load from AC-1 to AC-2 after a few minutes, ones the generator is running acceptable for AC-2.

I am about to extend the switch with adequate cables to the inside.

Question: Is that a known problem and does it has a solution already?

Is there a config setting I can change?

nicetrip asked
Pantelis Zirinis answered ·

5 Answers

Interlocking AC-Out2 with AC-In possible?

Hello,

I'm using general flag to ignore AC and some other assistants. I'm wondering if it is possible to switch AC-Out2 off BEFORE AC-In comes available and on again AFTER AC-In gets cut off.

I want to use a Fronius which isn't allowed to be connected to the grid

Thank you!

kind regards,

porcini

porcini asked

0 Answers

Offgrid setup

Hi I’m after some advise I have a victron multi II gx byd batteries and a sma sunny boy solar inverter, there is no ac grid or generator

what would be the best way to set this up.

we have the solar as the ac 1 output and our load on ac 2 output, we were told the ac 2 could be configured to work without a grid but not sure if this is right.

johnww500 asked

0 Answers

AC2 time delay

Hi I’m looking for an assistant if available to shorten the time of which AC2 takes to connect on a mutliplus 3000 The system is used as a power assist only when plugged into shore power and all A/C loads are on AC 2

Thanks

Grant

ianddindustries asked
ewalderasmus answered ·

2 Answers

showing power flowing to AC Loads, but have nothing connected... only on Critical ???

Hi all,

I only have a AC In and single AC 1 out - Critical load connected on my MP2... but I'm showing the widget and it's also showing wattage ?

G

georgelza asked
georgelza answered ·

1 Answer

MultiPlus AC-Out-2 doesn't disconnect on Inverter mode/mains failure

When there's Mains failure and the Multiplus is running on battery (Inverter mode) the AC-Out-2 doesn't disconnect the load. The manual says otherwise.

How can I resolve this issue?

MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50

FW ver. 422

dannypm asked
dannypm answered ·

5 Answers

Multiplus II and AC Out 2

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around installation of a Multiplus II. I am installing this in Denmark as there is grid support for this but as far as i understand. The inverter must shut down it's AC Out 1 when the grid fails inorder to protect the technicians on the street to not feed in electricity BUT is there a way i can get power out on AC Out 2 while not delivering to the grid on AC Out 1 in that way i can power some critical things while power is down ? If it is possible i was thinking to put a switch 1, 0, 2 on those critical things so when power drops i can go an d switch it to get power from the inverter AC Out 2 if that's doable and allowed which essentially makes it a off-grid system for that period wile power is down. In the current system i am designing i will have a energy meter and run with ESS since the Multiplus II is a one phase system and the house system is 3 phase so the inverter will start producing energy when it's told from the energy meter there is a usage inorder to get the consumption to 0 as much as possible.

/donnib

peternielsen asked
harold commented ·

0 Answers

Clicking sound on 15kva Quattro

The system is a 15kva Quattro, 200ah Blue Nova Racpower batteries(currently), about 8kwp in panels (currently).

I have replaced the inverter once to see if the problem persists and it did. Basically when the SOC gets to the percentage where Output 2 is meant to come back on(80%) then the inverter makes a clicking sound (sounds a bit like a relay clicking on and off). Normally the first click is the Output 2 coming back on and then it seems to continue on and off. It does seem to be the Output 2 Relay because the appliances that are on Output 2 turn off and on as it clicks.

The clicking sound is experienced when the Inverter is inverting, when the grid or generator comes through then the clicking stops. It also stops when the Output 2 breaker is turned off.

I wondered if possibly it may have something to do with an earth or neutral issue in the house or possibly it would be better to use a different parameter to activate Output 2 - or something else completely? I would really appreciate some ideas. We don't have this problem on other systems thus far.

Thank you

james-davy asked
dgnevans answered ·

5 Answers

3 phase Microgrid with Fronius (AC and DC coupled) Output 2

I was wondering how the Output 2 on a Quattro or Multiplus 3 phase micro-grid with Fronius works. If the Fronius is on Output 1, how do the Victron inverters make Output 2 operate? Does it operate as it normally does in a normal three phase installation without Fronius?

james asked
james-davy answered ·

1 Answer

EasySolar 48 5000 ac out 2

Hi, i have an easysolar 48/5000, i also have a generator and a temporar grid acces. Does ac out 2 benefits from pv Power or batteries? I read the manual and it says that the current will only go thru AC out 2? I have a heat pump wich i want to connect to the inverter, but i also want to get ac from panels during the day for the ac out 2, for the moment. After i finish the entire project i want to get rid of the grid and stay only with generator and batteries.

Thanks

catalin-moraru asked
catalin-moraru commented ·

0 Answers

Feature Request: Provide Support for Modbus/dbus switching of Multiplus AC-Out2 relay

I would like to request a feature request to support controlling the AC-Out2 relay in the Multiplus/Multiplus II via modbus.

At the moment, AC-Out2 can be controlled a number of other ways, but there is no modbus register address exposed to allow it to be controlled with scripts.

I am aware I can switch a GX relay connected to the Multiplus and control the AC-Out2 relay that way, but this is sloppy in that it requires extra wiring and also wastes a GX relay (of which there is only 2), and we need the relays for other functions.

trip-tracks asked

0 Answers

Quattro - why install a breaker on AC output?

Have a single 230v 50hz victron Quattro 10,000VA. AC output 1 is supplying a small AC Panel. The AC Panel has a 63A inlet breaker and RCD, and dedicated breakers for each consumer. There are no other supplies into this AC Panel.

The Quattro manual advises the following "An earth leakage circuit breaker and a fuse or circuit breaker rated to support the expected load must be included in series with output L1, and cable cross-section must be sized accordingly."

In the technical specifications part of the same manual, it advises that there is automatic short circuit, and overload protection. My question is, if these safety features are built in, why must there be a breaker on the AC output side of this inverter??.

Thanks.

James Kinton asked
Peter Buijs - NL commented ·

3 Answers

Multiplus AC out suddenly not working (Lots of photos)

I have a Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80-50 120V that has been working perfectly for over 1 year and all of the sudden it won't produce 120 volt.

My batteries are full and the cables suppling power to the inverter are reading 13+ volts on the inverter posts. It has power for sure. Also, the fuse for the inverter is not blown AND I swapped in a new one just to be sure.

I opened up the case and took a look at the interior and have two main questions.

1. How many fuses does this have and where are they?

I noticed a fuse but am not sure what it goes to. I did try and swap it out with another 20amp fuse but that didn't do anything.

[image]

2. What is this red, internal LED telling me?

It says "ALARM" but this light isn't visible with the front on the unit.

Here is a closer view

[image]

[image]

Lastly - When I started troubleshooting the unit I did notice that the sheathing of my romex may have knocked off the protective cover of the fusebox for the power supply to the inverter. I'm guessing these might have rubbed together... Not sure if that actually happened, but if it did I'm wondering if this is what is causing the inverter to malfunction.

[image]

HELP! I CAN'T MAKE COFFEE!!!!!!

evanjs asked
evanjs answered ·

4 Answers

No AC out when no shore power

new installation, i havent touched defaults. I only have ac when connected to shore power. AC in to multiplus, ac 1 out to distribution panel. Everything functions when connected to shore power, batteries are maintained, ac and dc sides powered. disconnect shore power then only my dc side has power. I dont have an interface for the multiplus but just ordered BT dongle so i can check my settings.

multiplus 24/3000/70, Mppt 150/45, 24/12 converter, 6- 24v 50ah battleborns

stoneybiker asked
stoneybiker commented ·

1 Answer

Critical Loads

Hi,

Is the critical Loads AC Out (AC Out 2) terminal bi-directional?

If I want to keep my complete house AC distribution board powered during a power cut but also fully utilising the solar and battery power stored when grid is available do I just wire one circuit from my house DB to the Mulit I AC Out AC 2?

If so are there any restrictions to the Multiplus that I can expect from wiring the complete house DB through AC Out 2?

neilbridgeman asked
Alexandra rolled back ·

2 Answers

Followers

60 Posts
57 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.