Assistants Image

Assistants

Multiplus 'Ignore AC Input' Assistant - How can I override it on demand?

I have now programmed the Multiplus with the assistants as shown in the picture. Everything works fine

[image]

. Only one problem has arisen. If i set the "only charger" function on the digital multicontroll and shore power is connected, it will not start. The blue LED lights up "Mains on". What is missing?

Robert M.O. Seidel asked
bathnm commented ·

7 Answers

Differences VictronConnect and VEconfigure3

I am configuring a Multiplus II.

VEconfigure3 allows me to load assistants when virtual switches are not used.
It is clearly stated in a popup note from VEconfigure3 that enabling the virtual switches and therefore the AC input control disables the assistants and vice-versa.

VictronConnect does not have a section for configuring assistants and allows to configure AC input control, even after loading the ESS assistant with VEconfigure3.

It seems that the two programs are currently not consistent?
It seems that VEconfigure3 should be used for the Multiplus configuration with assistants?

Some more background:
I wanted to configure under Linux.
VEconfigure3 is available only under Windows, while VictronConnect has a build for Linux.
Anyway, there seems to be some problem with VictronConnect under Linux. With Manjaro Linux installed on a newer Hardware, VictronConnect detects the Multiplus connected over the USB-MK3 interface. With the same version of Manjaro Linux installed on an older laptop, VictronConnect does not detect the Multiplus connected over the USB-MK3 interface. There is no problem with the detection of the Multiplus under Windows though (it is a dual boot system).

rainer asked
philippe edited ·

3 Answers

Modbus Mapping Solar Yield

i am trying to get the data from the solar Panel in Home Assistance

i am using Modbus TCP

i got many field in my system but i cannot get the Today's Yield Wh

com.victron.solarcharger ; "Todays Yield" ; Address: 784

System has 2 SmartSolarCharger MPPT 150/75/15 and 100/50

[image]

Any help would be appreciated

fenix asked
oyvind answered ·

1 Answer

Comment connaitre la quantité d'energie (Kwh) transitant par les batteries ?

Bonjour,

Dans la cadre d'une utilisation domotique, je récupère un certain nombres d'informations sur Home assistant via Modbus. Je souhaiterai récupérer les quantités d'énergie stockées et déstockées bar les batteries (en kWh, en Wh, ..., je connais déjà les puissances "instantanées" de charge et décharge en W)). Ces informations sont à priori disponibles mais pas avec le Bus-can.

Pouvez vous me confirmer, comme je l'ai lu sur le forum anglais, qu'il est possible d'installer un SmartShunt de le connecter en Ve.direct, de récupérer les informations sur les flux d’énergie mais de ne pas l'utiliser comme BMS ?

Existe-il un autre moyen d'accéder à ces informations ?

Ma configuration

• Multiplus II 5000
  • Cerbo gx
  • Batteries pylontech

Merci,

grichka asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Is it possible to setup a time for when ACOut 2 turns on or off on a MultiPlus-II

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to turn ACOut 2 on or off by the time and not just by the Programmable Relay assistant set parameters? I would really like to have my ACOut 2 turn on at say 12pm and then turn off at 6pm.

This way my hot water tank can always heat up no matter what the weather conditions are and or state of charge is as i have set it now. This way i can utilize more of the suns energy and even on a really good day ensuring my batteries can last the night.

cheers

angelos2 asked
angelos2 answered ·

5 Answers

Can the PV inverter support assistant be configured to start ramping down at 57.6v instead of 54v?

At the moment the absdorption saying is 57.6v for absorption but the PV inverter support assistant ramps down Fronius when the batteries are at 54v so it takes far too long to charge the batteries under solar. When the generator is on, it will charge at 180amps until 57.6v then go into absorption then float as it's supposed to but when it's under solar it will charge at 180amps to 54v then ramp down considerably so even though the charger wants the power the PV inverter assistant won't allow it. Can the setings be changed in the PV inverter support assistant to chasnge it from 54v to 57.6 as per the charger setting?

daren-connor asked
Andrew Ayles commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus AC Ignore, can a BMV712 send SOC?

I have a Multiplus 24/3000/120 that I want to prioritize solar charging from a SS-250/100. Grid power is available, and is to be used as a backup for solar issues.

I am using BattleBorn 12V LiFeP04 batteries in a 2S2P configuration.

I have found the voltage setting option for AC Ignore to be unusable with LiFeP04 batteries because voltage doesn’t fall as precipitously with SOC as it does for lead-acid or AGM chemistries. For example, at <30% SOC, voltage is still at or slightly above 26VDC.

I have a BMV712 monitor on the system, and wondered if it can be paired with the Multiplus to provide SOC data. Any info, along with required cabling, would be most useful.

Otherwise, it appears my only option is a rather expensive addition of a Color Control GX or Venus GX.

Thanks in advance!

rickp asked
Simon Schneider commented ·

1 Answer

Self-consumption Assistant has started setting Ignore AC, turning off grid.

Hi,

I have a simple single-phase MP Compact 24/2000/50 which is AC-coupled to a 2kW Fronius MPPT. Batteries are 300Ah NiFe.

I have been using the self-consumption Hub-2 V3 Assistant (0168) for 10 months. Five months ago, I noticed on my power bill that the Assistant hadn't been "disconnect from grid at night"-ing as advertised so I started manually turning off the grid at sundown.

For the past few days, the Victron has started setting Ignore AC to 1 after I turn the grid on in the morning, disabling export of excess PV power to the grid.

If I delete the Assistant, Ignore AC goes off (0) and I can export PV. So it's not a hardware or grid problem?

However, on cloudy days, I can't charge the batteries as, without the Assistant, it starts importing power from the grid to charge them. Inefficiencies x Inefficiencies x Inefficiencies. Oh, for a NEVER-EVER-CHARGE-BATTERIES-FROM-THE-GRID flag!

Today I upgraded VEConfig3 and tried the latest version of the Hub-2 V3 Assistant, (0182). Same problem.

Any ideas what might have suddenly triggered this behaviour after 10 months?

Possibly related: New NiFe batteries need to be conditioned with high currents so for the past 4 months (it took me a while to find this out) I've been manually turning on the charger when PV power reaches 1500W to give them 42A for a few hours/day.

cajanus asked
cajanus answered ·

2 Answers

VEConfig "Internal error occurred" when setting up assistant.

Hi All

I get the error "Internal error occurred! Please contact Victron Energy" when I am setting up an assistant in VEConfig. I am able to do firmware updates and all other settings but not the assistants. This happens whether I am using a mk3 or through VRM remote VEConfigure.

Also each time I open VEConfigurator3 it updates the assistants.

The issue started when I had updated the first inverter to 489, after the update it had to update the mk3 and VEConfig. Since then I am unable to load assistants on any inverter. Same happens with inverters on 490 and older versions as well.

I have uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled VE Configuration tools but still have the same issue...

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

mike90 asked
mike90 commented ·

2 Answers

Relay assistant: is the load option per phase or whole system power on 3 phase setup?

I have successfully been using relay assistants for various load shedding control on various systems configurations for some time now.

A need has come up on a particular 3 phase Multiplus system (3 x 5kVA) with asymmetric 3 phase load where i need to load shed above a certain load on any inverter. (For example say I have more than 4kW load on one phase and less than 3.5kW on each of the other 2 phases I want to load shed on all 3 phases).

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Does the relay assistant "based on load" power compare whole system 3 phase power or only per phase?

[image]

If i set up relay assistant on L1 inverter to switch off relay above 4000W (see screenshot) is this 4kW measured against the total system load or only the load for that phase? (i guess i will find out on trial and error - just nice to know before i start "hysterical" starting and stopping of loads :"D)

P.S. "Bold" button on the rich text bar stopped responding :P

kenyon asked

0 Answers

Generator Start and Stop Assistant: "Stop when AC Available" is cause overload during brown out.

I think that Victron developers should take a look at the assistant. I am using it to power ACOUT2 and I want to ignore the logic when ACIN2 is ACTUALLY connected NOT available. My grid electricity is bad so sometimes when the voltage is too low ACOUT2 will power even though it is not yet connected. Even when the grid is good ACOUT2 start powering about 30 seconds before connection.

Is there a way to modify the assistant to ignore the logic ONLY if ACIN2 is connected?

mcokeke asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

ESS Assistant 017E suggestion/improvement

Hello,

the idea to also switch off MPPT charging while charging in the Multi is deactivated, is certainly a good idea for many use cases. As a matter of fact, it isn't for me.

There might be other people who would probably prefer the previous behaviour. I.e. charging from PV while not charging from grid and/or generator.

So IMHO it would be better to leave the choice to the user. Another checkbox in VE Configure (in the ESS Assistant settings) to choose between deactivating or not deactivating MPPT charging while Multi charging is off would be great and very helpful.

I know that there are workarounds. It worked for me to revert to the previous assistant version 017C. This was a quite annoying procedure though with lots of space for improvement concerning user-friendliness. Anyway - so far I haven't noticed any problems by doing so. However there might be conflicts for people using a VE.Bus BMS, so an updated assistant version would be really great.

Thanks in advance for considering my suggestion.

So long,
Frank

dirtyfrank asked
dirtyfrank edited ·

0 Answers

Why does MultiPlus stop inverting on an Overvoltage condition?

I am using the "Two-signal BMS support" assistant with my Multiplus (24/300/70) connected to a BMS. Aux 1 is connected to a cell over voltage signal and Aux 1 is connected to a cell under voltage signal. The "Battery state inputs" window is configured as follows:

The battery if full when Auxiliary input 1 is open and the battery is empty when Auxiliary input 2 is open.

The Action window is configured as follows:

Disable charger and do not adapt SOC when battery full and switch to charger only when battery empty.

So far so good. The problem is this:

When the Multiplus is inverting and Auxiliary input 1 opens (which happens on an OVERvoltage condition), the Multiplus shuts down completely! I would expect it to disable the charger and continue inverting, since the battery is obviously full and has plenty of power. Do I have a setup problem, or is there a good reason why the Multiplus stops inverting? It seems like a bug to me.

orion60 asked
orion60 answered ·

4 Answers

Virtual Switch/Assistants tabs not available in VEConfig

New marine install...

Can't get VEConfig to show "Virtual Switch" or "Assistant" tabs...

2 Quattro 24/5000/120-2x100 120V (Two units configured as split-phase) Firmware 487 (Input 1 Shore Power --- Input 2 Generator)

Cerbo GX Firmware 2.73

Multi Control

50 Touch Display

3 SmartSolar 100/20 48V Firmware 1.59

4 Orion TS Chargers Firmware 1.06 (Charging AGM Batteries)

8 Lithium 12V 270A batteries

I wish to activate the 4 Orion Chargers whenever the Quattros have incoming AC power using the Quattros Relays

Additionally, I'd like to activate the generator any time battery voltage is less than (some predifined) voltage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Scott

scott-rosenberger asked
scott-rosenberger answered ·

3 Answers

Which assistant to use for Victron EasySolar 24/1600/40-16 MPPT 100/50

Hi,

I have a Victron EasySolar 24/1600/40-16 MPPT 100/50

I am looking for some guidance to select the correct Assistant and/or configuration options to use for the following scenario:

1. Solar Panel array 2 panels 335w rated

2. 24v battery (12+12)

3. Solar generates around 100-200w winter daytime (that's fine for my application)

4. Mains supply available. No supply to grid possible nor desired.

5. Load is around 120-150w mainly but bursts to 500w now and again.

Now I would like:

a) use solar to drive load and

b) use any solar excess charges batteries which store and discharge (at night)

c) mains used only towards load when solar low and battery low (but not to charge batteries).

d) no loss of power to load during any switching

I have looked at all the options, tried a few and nothing seems to suit. I have tried assistants and virtual switch. I presumed the above scenario is typical but maybe not.

jms asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

Getting error: "You can upload only a single .rvsc or .rvms file"

Dear Victron community,

Since this week I get an error when trying to upload a file via the VRM environment. I have done this many times before and did not get this error.

I have read this posting with the same error, but I always already downloaded the files from the VRM to my computer first. (and yes, watched the video) Then I adjust the rvms file via the VE Bus configurator in the VE Configure 3 for each of the 3 phases. Close the program/save the changes. And then use that RVMS file for upload again. However I now get this error a couple of times:

[image]

What can I do to solve this as it worked before?

Side notes: both the VE bus config and config 3 are up to date.

In VE config 3 there were updates for the ESS assistant. I have tried to upload the file with and without that ESS updates. (for all three phases)

Thank you for your help.

jorisvn asked

0 Answers

Programming a time delay for switching the Multiplus 24/3000 back to grid?

Hello,

is it somehow possible to program a time delay for the Multiplus (in an ESS system) before it switches back from battery to grid in case of an power outage?

In case of repair works on the grid I observed, that the first few minutes are often not stable and so the Multi switches to grid, back to battery then again to grid....

Is there a way to program a delay with assistants(?) with the goal to switch back to grid operation only if the grid is present continuously for about 5 minutes?

I have a hardware solution in mind but a software solution would be much more comfortable.

Regards

Rainer

rainerb asked
magicmike edited ·

2 Answers

Disable charger Multiplus-II, but it turns on and off by itself.

Quick one, I have disabled charging on my Multiplus-II 24/3000/70 by using the "charge current control" assistant and closing AUX2. The strange thing is that intermittently the multi goes into charging mode for half a second and then back to passthru. No relays are clicking or anything. It creates the following graph in VRM:

[image]

A bit annoying, why is this?

mrhappy asked
mrhappy edited ·

1 Answer

Can I change the Quattro AC OUT 2 Time delay?

Is it possible to change the delay which it takes for AC out 2 to go live?

I have contactors which are being driven by AC OUT 2, but when the grid or generator input is live (after a mains failure or return) it takes around 2 and a half minutes for AC2 to go live, and hence close the contactors... Is there any way to change this to 30 seconds for instance?

ewalderasmus asked
trevor-bird answered ·

4 Answers

3 phase Multiplus 24V/3000/70-16 problem with ignore AC

Hi,

I have 3 Multiplus 24V/3000/70-16 configured as 3 Phase System, all are switched in a group. Firmware Version is 2612430 on all 3 ones.

I tried VS and the assistent to do not ignore AC input when the loads are higher than 2400W for 5 seconds. This works only for L1. When the loads are higher than 2400W on L2 or L3 the system does not switch to AC input. I tried now for 2 days, an i can´t figure it out. Maybe i am to stupid :-(.

Can somebody help me.

Tank you very much

iceman24 asked
redsam answered ·

3 Answers

Victron info in Home Assistant Energy dashboard

With the new release of the Energy dashboard in Home Assistant, I've been trying to surface the Victron data into it.

But I'm using modbus TCP to get data from my installation (through the Venus GX).. and those sensors apparently don't have the state_class attribute defined for them (which is ok i guess, as modbus is a generic protocol) but i also can't add such in the modbus sensor configuration in HA.. so this does not work. Link https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/statistics/

Is there any other way (than using modbus) to get information from Venus GX in a way it would be useful in the Energy dashboard from Home Assistant?

rares-vasilescu asked
rares-vasilescu commented ·

1 Answer

Controlling a Dump load on AC2 Out using assistants depending on SOC AND charging level

Off Grid installation with 8.2 KW Fronius AC coupled on AC1 Out and 10000VA quattro

I have successfully set the relay assistant to switch on the AC2 Out relay when SOC is above 92% and off when SOC drops back to 91%

However when a cloud for example comes over and my PV drops significantly I want the AC2 relay to temporarily switch off again until it clears

I am thinking to use an additional relay assistant to switch AC2 off if batt voltage drops below 50.5 volts and on again when above 51 this i think would mean i only load AC2 when i am truly in surplus generation mode??

tas6 asked
mrhappy commented ·

3 Answers

Is there a time/clock function to use in programming ACOut2 virtual assistant?

Dear all,

In case there is grid power available I would like to turn of my ACOut2 at 22hrs and turn it back on at 5.30hrs. So the geysers and fridges are not working through the night. Is there a way how I can manage this in a virtual assistant?

I have the following assistant rules in place in case there is no grid available to turn of ACOut2 to avoid my batteries run flat before the sun comes up. (and alarm goes off etc) With these settings the ACOut2 will go off between 19-20hrs. (and come back when the sun is blazing around 8.30hrs) That is fine in case there is an issue with the grid, but not for structural use. Any tips?

Or is there another workaround to create an assistant with "AND" logic iso "OR" for the rules?

Thanks.

[image]

jorisvn asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Charge current control assistant explanation of use

I am unsure how the charge current control assistant is supposed to work.

Mainly, are you supposed to supply the voltage to the Aux leads?

I set the assistant to 0amp/current if voltage is below 2 volts. And 90 amps if above 3 volts.

So do I supply the less than 2 volts and more than 3 volts?

When I put the volt meter on the leads from Aux 1 it shows 4 volts. Is that expected behavior?

Thanks

Kevin

kevins asked
kevins answered ·

5 Answers

ZWC 1301 Zanussi Washing machine not working on Multiplus 3000va 12v

I have a new Victron 12v 3000va Multiplus. Everything else runs on system except the ZWC 1301 Zanussi 1300 aquacycyle.

I have tried checking mhz for both 50 and 60 not a jot of difference. Tried the light bulb trick just the same.

However put my Honda 20i inverter generator onto system and it works fine. So to on shoreline.

I have plenty of domestic energy with four fully charged tubular traction batteries at 150amps each total 600 amps.

I see other folks have a similar problem. Is there a problem with victron invertors doing something silly???

I have had various qualified electricians, including a victron agent. No ideas on how to sort.

I had a Victron 2000 and this did the same.

Is there a fix???

doctoremote asked
doctoremote commented ·

2 Answers

Viewing error reports

Hi, sorry if it is obvious, but I can't figure it out.

While configuring new installation MultiPlus 120/3000 I ran into a problem.

The setup is primitive - just MultiPlus with 2 lithium batteries connected.

I wanted to configure aux input as a safety switch for inverter. But every time I add

safety switch assistant and load it to device - MultiPlus starts blinking all front LEDs intermittently.

And this is a problem in itself.

But then I clicked a button on Assistant Tools tab to generate Error Report. It saved it - but the file looks like binary. How do I view it?

Of course for extra credit - why would adding assistant break configuration?

Or does it? I made assumption that blinking all LEDs is bad - waited for some time for it to settle down.

sashaberk asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Self Consumption without ESS

Hi,

Electrical engineer here, heavily DIY oriented, trying to understand "the Victron ecosystem".

I want to build a Backup and Self Consumption power supply system for some of my house loads.

ESS "Optimize for Self Consumption" would be almost perfect for me, but unfortunately ESS is completely out of the question due to grid regulations.

Grid outages happen about 5 times per year.

I am considering a Multiplus II 48V / 3 kVA inverter, 10 kWh Winston LiFePo4 (16 x 200 Ah cells) and a two-signal BMS. I could afford to go for 4 x Pylontech US2000 boxes if it's worth the extra cost...

I also have room for 10 - 12 PV panels (250 - 300 Wp each) and a SmartSolar charger.

Requirements:

1. When the grid becomes available (on initial power-up of the system or right after a grid outage ends), charge the batteries from the grid up to a nice, crisp, 100%. After this initial grid-supported charging, DO NOT USE GRID TO CHARGE batteries, until after the next grid outage.

2. After this initial charging, only PV power should charge the batteries.

3. During normal operation, when battery SOC drops below 50%, stop discharging and switch loads to grid.

4. When PV power becomes available and battery SOC rises above, say, 60%, switch loads from grid to battery and PV.

5. If grid is down, support the loads from the battery down to, say, 5% SOC.

Can these requirements be met with Victron Equipment? What additional hardware do I need? Is a CCGX really needed? Are there any Assistants that can make the inverter behave like above?

Additional requirement (6). About half of the grid outages happen during the winter. Heavy snow + aerial power lines do not go well together. It also takes the most time to be fixed, due to bad weather. So...I also need to connect a backup generator into this picture. Would go nice with requirement 1, I should be able to fully charge the batteries during the day and run on battery power during the night. :)

Many thanks in advance!

mondeoman asked
shaneyake commented ·

4 Answers

Two-signal assistant uninstalls itself

Hi!

A few weeks ago I installed a Multiplus 12/120/3000-16 and LiFePo4 cells with Electrodacus SBMS0. I have upgraded the firmware on the Multiplus and installed the Two-signal assistant to let the SBMS0 be able to control charging/discharging from the Multiplus. Everything works fine, but as soon as I turn the Multiplus off and back on, the two-signal assistant seems to be uninstalled, because the Multiplus flashes indicates temp sense error, and the SBMS0 is no longer avle to controll the Multiplus. I then need to reinstall the assistant again and everything works fine until the Multiplus for some reason is turned off again the next time.

Is this normal?

sailor77 asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

2 Answers

Assistenten AND / OR

2. Wie kann ich zwei Assistenten Verknüpfen (UND / OR) ?

Beispiel:
AC2OUT OFF bei UBatt < 44V OR AUX1 OFF

AC2OUT ON bei UBatt > 46V AND AUX1 ON

Alternativ UBatt --> SOC

DANKE!!

rodenberger asked

0 Answers

Gaarne hulp bij instellen van een BlueSolar 150/85 op een Quattro 24/8000

Door omstandigheden kan mijn leverancier mij niet helpen. De BlueSolar laadt nu alleen mijn accu's op, dus als die vol zijn, gaat mijn zonnestroom verloren. Ik weet hoe ik met Remote VEConfigure de instellingen kan wijzigen, maar welke assistent heb ik nodig ? (ESS, PV Inverter Support, Self Consumption Hub-1 of Hub-2)

De bedoeling is dat ik optimaal gebruik maak van zonnestroom, ik heb een generator of walstroom als er geen of te weinig zonnestroom is.

blackjack asked

0 Answers

161 Posts
109 Users
5 Followers

Topic Experts

Mark
142 Points
ascherg
0 Points