charge current limit Image

charge current limit

Fonctionnement du limiteur dynamique de courant QUATTRO 8000

Bonjour,

Je souhaite utiliser le limiteur dynamique de courant sur 3 QUATTRO 8000 en parallèle et 1 GE de 22kVA brancher sur AC-IN-1 pour 2 fonctions distinctes :

1- ne jamais dépasser le courant max de sortie du GE (32A/phase). Réglages à 30A shore limit AC1? Faut-il cocher le "Déterminé par panneau de contrôle"?

2- limiter le courant de charge de la batterie en fonction de la puissance soutirée par les consommateurs. En cochant le "limiteur de courant dynamique"?

211018_limiteur_dynaique_courant.pdf

Pouvez-vous m'aider car je ne suis pas sûr des réglages à paramétrer?

Merci à vous.

vtomasini asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Sustain current too high?

Hello Victron fellows,

I have set some Li ion with Victron inverters, always for self consumption with PV inverters, but this one is cracking me up. This system consists in three 48V Multiplus II 3000/35 as a three phasic system, and an ESS assistant is set. The sustain voltage is 43V and cuttoff around 42V. The modules have a low SOH, but the system should work anyway. It charges and discharges correctly, up to the point where my BMS disables allow to discharge at around 48V, because there are low cells (it should discharge to less than 42V if it was good).

Then, Sustain mode is active and the current goes UP TO 90A. Of course when this happens the voltage raises quickly, the allow to discharge comes on again and it goes to Discharging mode. Repeating the process endlessly - Even without PV POWER, that means it consumes a lot of power.

My question is, why does it go up to 90A, since sustain mode should be 5A per unit and how can I solve this?

Thank you very much!

jorge-folgado asked
hjb answered ·

4 Answers

Battery charge greater than shore power breaker?

Let me first provide our setup:

• Phoenix charger 12/50
  • Phoenix inverter
  • Phoenix control panel
  • 2 x12V 220ah AGM blue energy batteries
  • 2 x 12V Exide batteries (I think there are start only batteries)

If I understand correctly, we have 16 amp shore power. But when I connect our boat to the shore power I can read on the Phoenix control panel the battery charge is often time >30A. I am very confused how this is possible and why the shore based 16 amp breaker is not tripping?

I notice when I turn down the charge control on the control panel to 30 ish % the display shows a charge of 12 A.

My question really is… how should I read the battery charge amperage on the control panel and relate it to the shore power? and what is the recommended setting of the charge current % given the shore power available?

Lets say that the boat uses about 5 amps when docked and not used (inverter on, fridge on, security camera on, MiFi router on).

Thanks!

[image]

cverhoofstad asked
nickdb commented ·

3 Answers

Reglages dynamique du courant de charge avec Powercontrol

Bonjour,

Je souhaite régler la charge de batteries afin de ne pas surcharger le GE. Système avec 3 x Quattro 8k + 19kxh de Pylontech + 9kwc fronius Symo.

Je ne comprends pas le réglage du Powercontrol en fonction de la tension ?

Merci de votre aide.

vtomasini asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

9 Answers

100/20 charge controller at 48V

Hello, is it right that the 100/20 charge control only outputs 1A when using a 48V system?

I dont really see the point in a 1A output! Its also kind of mis-leading as its rated at 20A.

Please confirm.

Thanks

james-morrison asked
james-morrison answered ·

2 Answers

MultiPlus-II 48 GX- can I limit battery charging from grid during the day

Hi

I have an offgrid system already installed 3 kwp PV and one Multiplus II 48 3000 gx.

I need to use energy produced from PV during the day, and if PV is not enough i want to keep batteries fully charged from the grid just in case of black out during night. Batteries are charged by an MPPT charger not Victron.

I am trying to fix something via ess but it shows no "ess assistant found" even though i have set ESS on System Name.

Is there any clue? any idea how to set it?

Thanx in advance

beso asked
JohnC answered ·

2 Answers

Quattro 24/8000 current limt.

I have a Quattro 24/8000KVA and the current limt cant go under 10 Amps like the 5000KVA cant go down to 4 Amps. in scandinavia we often have problems with not being able to get more than 6 - 8 A out of the shore power. how can i come down under 10 A limit current ind the Inverter? anyone know if it is possible to get a special firmware from Victron ?

Kasper asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

Overshoots in current control response of Quattro at 100% SOC of battery.

BMS charging current control limits are not being adhered to strictly, I see overshoots in the instantaneous current above the set point which is causing problems on our side. Average charging current is staying well below the charging current limit sent by the BMS.

Nikhil Valiveti asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 24/3000 not charging at full rate

I have a multiplus 24/3000 that should be capable of charging at 70A. I have 3 200AH HE 24V batteries connected through a Lynx ION 400. Everything functions normally, but charging is topping out at about 42A. I've sent the max charge on the multi at 70A with a mk3 programmer. I've got a Cerbo GX /Touch 50 on it and I have tried with and without DVCC and within DVCC I've set the charge max to 70A and also turned that off and just tried to use battery voltage. But I never get the charge rate much above 40A regardless. Everything else seems to function normally. Discharge is fine at over 200A. firmware has all been updated, Not sure what else to adjust to get my other 40% of charge working. Thoughts?

paul-2 asked
paul-2 answered ·

2 Answers

Charge Current Control via K2 Relay and AUX1 Input

Will the following work?

[image]

The requirement is to limit charge current using the K2 relay connected to the AUX1 input. The above is to limit charge current for the first 20 minutes once AC grid power on AC Input 2 returns.

Ingo asked
Ingo commented ·

0 Answers

how much load current to configure in VEConfig for Quattro inverter?
I have a 15kVA / 48V Quattro inverter. A bank with 8 200AH batteries, 4 in series, 2 in parallel. In other words, the bank is 48V / 400Ah. I also have a generator that will automatically start when the voltage across the batteries is very low. The supplier of the equipment in my country, Chile, told me that I must configure the inverter to charge with a maximum of 10A, because I have 12 solar panels to charge the system and a SmartSolar 250/100 charge regulator. He tells me that if the generator works and at the same time the charge regulator injects the batteries, the currents will add up and could damage the batteries. I did it like that. The client called me one day saying that he has been running the generator for almost 10 hours (at night) and he cannot raise the voltage of the batteries ... I remembered the configured 10 A load ... My question is: is the above correct? by the local dealer? What options do I have to take advantage of the power of my generator and charge my batteries as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the charge controller is injecting or not? Thank you

fjferrada asked
Jack Peters answered ·

1 Answer

Maximum discharge current (initial current)??

Hallo people

If i have a 230 Ah agm battery wich mentions "initial current" 46 A, what does that mean exactly? For example:

I want 2 of this batteries parallel connected to a multiplus 12-2000. But if i connect like for example a watercooker from 1600 watt i allreafy excel that current by around 30 amps (15 amps per battery)

What battery i need connect then to not exceed the "initial" current?

Or this means somethibg else?

Thanks all!

heinzie asked
heinzie commented ·

2 Answers

Charge limit not working

Hi, I have 2 SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/85 rev2-BMV-712 Smart-MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 and a Cerbo GX with 30kw/h batteries. I want to limit the charge current to the batteries. So I went to settings DVCC-maximum charge current. I selected 50A but the Multiplus is still charging with maximum power. What can I do? Thanks

skykay asked
dgnevans edited ·

3 Answers

Welches Ladegerät?

Hallo,

Ich möchte einen LiFePo4 24 Volt mithilfe von DVCC laden, das BMS des Akku gibt den Ladestrom und die Spannung vor.

vorhanden sind ein Cerbo GX, ein Blue Smart IP 22 Charger 24/16, das aber leider nicht zu regeln ist.

Der Akku ist die Spannungsversorgung für einen E-Aussenbordmotor und wird mit Landstrom aufgeladen.

Welches Ladergerät unterstüzt diese Funktion,

Harald

hape1 asked
Ulrich answered ·

1 Answer

Multi Plus Firmware Update for the old microprocessor possible to work with Cerbo Gx DVCC?

Hello everybody, just registered for my first question.

im super new to Victron Components but i i have read a lot the last couple of month.

I would like to know if it is possible to update my Multi Plus with SN 19xx125, to a higher Version which work with the Cerbo Gx an allows me to limit the charge current via Victron Connect iOS or Mac.

The Cerbo Manuel tells me its possible with Firmware 422 to have access ti DVCC, but maybe wit Firmware 2xx it might be possible to show the Multi at least in the Connect App or VRM Network?

So far with my Firmware 125 of Multi, i have no access at all.

Before i try updating, i just wanna make sure, not to do stupid and unnecessary things.

Thanks for your help.

Device list:

Multiplus 12/1600/70 (old microprocessor, sn starts with 19)

Cerbo Gx with Toch Display

Lynx Power In (Modified with Fuses like Lynx Distributor)

Smart MPPT 100/20

Smart Battery Protect

Smart Shunt

swellmarcel asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

3 Answers

Smart solar throttling bulk charge

Hi,

i have Smart Solar 75/15, which appears to be throttling or reducing the charge during the bulk phase.

I have 2 solar panels, a 130w panel (open circuit voltage 18.2v, and short circuit current of 7.2A) and a 100W panel (open circuit voltage 18.6V, and short circuit current of 4.9A). These panels are connected in parallel. The solar controller is connected to two brand new AGM batteries 92Ah and 120Ah connected in parallel. There are no loads on the batteries.

The highest output shown on my 75/15 is just 112W. The screen shot below shows just 66W with the battery at 14.43 v. This was in the middle of a sunny clear day in Australia, and just before I tested the panels with the multimeter. The Adsorption voltage is set to 14.8v. My understanding is the 75/15 should put in as much current as possible during the bulk phase. With my panels, I should see a Max of about 220W.

With no real load on them at the moment my batteries start at 12.7v in the morning. With the throttling behaviour of the solar controller, they seem to take ages to get up to the bulk/adsorption trigger voltage of 14.8 (which temp compensates to 14.61v). In the snip below it took 3 hours 42minutes to reach this voltage, this was in full sun from 10am!

Could someone please explain what is happening. I’m disappointed in this solar controller, as it seems to not be using the full potential of the panels, and so take ages to raise the battery voltage.

Thanks,

Alan

[image]

[image]

[image]

danialan asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

4 Answers

relay assistant based on battery charge current?

i would like to limit the battery charge current by turning on a load when 50A is exceeded, i know that the victron charge controller will do this but i have 3 charge controllers connected to the batteries and only one of them is a victron cc, so i thought that there might be an assistant that can read the battery charge current and open/close one of the relays accordingly?

lief ryan asked

0 Answers

Limiting current for campsite hookup

Hi all,

I would like to buy a Blue Smart IP22 Charger for my VW T5. It has 2 leisure batteries in it (under the front seats). My question is regarding plugging in the van when at UK campsites.

The campsites will limit the amount of current that can be drawn though a hookup (sometimes 10A, sometimes 16A). If I go for the 15A Blue Smart charger, could it trip out the campsite supply when I plug it in? And if it does, will LOW mode help to prevent it?

Thanks in advance.

northerncamper asked
harold commented ·

2 Answers

Adjust current on Blue Smart IP65 12/15

Hello, I've bought a Blue Smart IP65 hoping I would find adjustable settings like maximum current and voltage for different phases of charging.

In advanced settings voltage can be adjusted, that's true.

However, there is no current adjustment option! I can only select 4A or 15A maximum current.

My battery (Ca/Ca) vendor recommends charging at 0.1C of the battery. Now I have 2 batteries: 60 & 80 A*h.

How can I select maximum current 6 & 8 A*h?

4A*h is obviously too little while 15A*h is too much.

It would be great if in following upgrades it would be possible to adjust current as well for different phases of charging.

A second improvement would be to add an option to do intelligent switching to FLOAT phase on adjustable current value. For example when after ABS phase current drops to 0.01C - switch to float.

ramil asked
maartenvt answered ·

1 Answer

Charge Controller Max output current?

I am getting conflicting information. I have a smart solar 100/50 charge controller with four 170 watt panels connected in parallel. My dealer says I am pretty much maxed out in regards to input current. When i asked the panel manufacturer they said that each panel can put out up to 9.4 amps (i assume that would be at 18 vdc). So they said that by adding the fifth panel that would be only 48 amps.

I am thinking If you consider the output current (assuming no loss) when connected to a bank of lithium batteries the output voltage in bulk mode would be 14.4 vdc. With five panels connected the output current would be 59 amps. Am I correct here? Would this be exeeding the capacity of the controller? Does current limiting come into play?

Lou Cetrangelo asked
Lou Cetrangelo answered ·

3 Answers

MPPT 75/15 not regulating charge

Hi all

I have a rather simple question I believe and I think I know the answer to it as well. But I would like to hear some more experienced opinions. :-)

I have 2 MPPT 75/15 on my boat. One is managing a solar panel on the Davids and also has a fridge connected to the load output. All settings for the battery is properly programmed. (Absorb 14.82, float 13.5, Equalization 16.2 / Trojan 1275 Batteries) One of the two controllers is keeping the max voltage of 14,82V and the other one doesn't. I am 100% sure the settings are correct. Apart from that one controller being toast, what could be the reason for not regulating charge correctly?

Thanks a lot for your opinions.

Cheers Fou

fou asked
Alexandra commented ·

0 Answers

What is the max Amps I can charge my 300Ah LifePo4 bank and can I use 2+ chargers?

I have a bank of 3 x 100Ah Victron Lifepo4's all connected with a shunt, a BMS, bmv 712 and a battery protect 12/65 for charge protect. Atm I have the victron 10A and 30A chargers connected via the BP12\65 in parallel to (hopefully) get 40A of charge.

I am looking at swapping the 2 chargers for the new Phoenix 50A charger but was wondering what the max Amps was that I can charge my back with and if there was any risk in leaving the 10A charger connected to give 60A?

Does 2 chargers mess with the Bulk, Abs, Float cycle? I presume not as most of us have solar with MPPT too which is similar?

ben-battery asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Bat temp OK, charge still limmited...?

Hi folks,

I cant get my battery to charge at more than about 2kW and I cant see why... Obviously missing something?

Small genny, circa 5kW on AC1. AC current limit set to hold that at 19A, circa 4kW, and working. Gen is a recent upgrade, previous unit was smaller.

Putting a 2kW load on results in circa 1.5kW charge whilst running the load, genny a tad over 4kW.

Dynamic limit is off, Weak AC is on - hence the losses I assume.

Bat will not charge above 2kW and typically hovers at 2kW+/- 80W, which looks suspissiously like a limit of some sort.

Easy solar so Multypluss 48/5000/70.

BYD 13,8kW (Temp mainined at 15C min)

Clearly I am missing something and would apriciate somone pointing out what Iam doing wrong or failing to apriciate.

Cheers,

Al

Closed

Alistair Warburton asked
Alistair Warburton answered ·

7 Answers

Charging my LifePo4 with an alternator

Hi,

I am designing my setup but the only thing that is not clear to me is how to safely have my batteries charge through my alternator.

The battery will be a LiFePo4 battery, 12V 600Ah.
Inverter/charger Victron Phoenix 12/2500/120
700W of Solar through SmartSolar 100/50

I am still deciding on the BMS. My van is a 2006 Renault Master, so I'm pretty sure it's not one of the newer "smart alternators".

From what I can find online it looks like there might be a way to use either a BMS or a VE.Bus BMS to do this? I would like the alternator to be connected to my starter battery at all times, and connect a system to that that
A) Doesn't destroy my alternator
B) Doesn't drain my starter
C) Shuts off charging when battery is full

Has anyone already made a setup like this?

Thank you!!!

shivadas asked
Trina edited ·

4 Answers

Control maximal Charge Current from SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 with BMV 712

Dear Victron,

I have installed an oversize PV System in relation to the battery in my car (Old VW T2), which I use to demonstrate PV opportunities in Indonesian rural areas. (https://www.instagram.com/pVwKombiWanderer_t2/). All installation is private financed by us and we try to promote renewable energy to rural places in Indonesia without any payback. But step by step the local media ask us for interviews and talks in the television and we start our blog in Indonesian on YouTube :D

1. The Panels can produce 1,16 kWp under STC. Size was chosen based on the maximal allowed space on the roof.

2. SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 charge my battery with an additional SmartBatterySense and BatteryProtect BP-100.

3. Just one Luminious SMF 12V 200h is installed due to weight and lack of space (I know this is not ideal, but it is an old car and 69 kg for each battery is just really heavy)

4. SUOER FPC D1000A Pure Sinus Wave Inverter (1000W continuous power/2000W peak power)

To increase the maximal life-cycle of the battery under tropical high temperature I reduce the maximal charge current to C10, which means 20A. When I demonstrate it to the people I put some big load to my Pure Sinus Wave Inverter. Since my PV System can easily produce more than 80 A on the 12V site at daylight, I need a device which can change the maximal charge current depends from the load.

The BMV 712 can easily read the current and direction of the current which going in and out of the battery and it can be easily connected via Bluetooth to the other devices.

Is there a possibility to drive the MPPT from the SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 with the measured current from BMV 712 so that the net current to the battery is limited to 20 A?

Or is there another device which can do this which is available in Indonesia, because Victron parts I bring directly from Germany? I didn't buy the BMV on those time due to lack of money, but now because of the response and the interest I need a solution.

It is so great to see the people step by step understanding renewable energy and with my background as a physicist i can explain them a lot :D

I am really happy for any advices or helps.

Thank very much.

Best regards,

Pelangi

pvwkombiwanderer asked
JohnC answered ·

6 Answers

Sheduled battery charging based current grid usage

Hi,

I was wondering if there already is some posebility to charge my battery without going over 2,5Kwh on grid usage.

This limit will be on our head soon even on night usage so i would try to stay bellow the 2,5Kwh limit even when charging the battery combined with the current grid usage.

stijn-dhondt asked
cristimv answered ·

2 Answers

Effects of changing battery charge current limit on charger NV storage

I am thinking about sending hex protocol commands to my 100/50 blue charger to limit the charger current under certain circumstances but want to do as little as possible. If I change register 0xEDF0 does this trigger a write to the charger's non-volatile storage and if so is this going to cause problems with write aging of what ever that nv storage actually is? There could be multiple changes to the charge current limit each day.

The other option would be to put the charger into a network mode, possibly BMS mode, but I am not sure if that means the voltage targets in the charger's internal profile apply any more. Preferably I'd like to not take command of anything but the charge current limit. I'm not sure if writing to register 0x2015 would trigger a write to the charger's NV storage either.

overvoltage asked

0 Answers

Charge d'une batterie GEL par un alternateur.

Bonjour,

J’étudie l’évolution de l’installation électrique de mon bateau qui ne disposera à sa livraison que d’une seule batterie commune pour le démarrage et les accessoires.

J’envisage pour cela l’installation d’une seconde batterie type GEL victron et d’un chargeur victron alimenté par la prise de quai, ainsi d'un coupleur Cyrix pour recharger les deux batteries.

J’ai cru comprendre que les batteries GEL étaient limités en courant de charge, et si il n’y aura aucun problème pour la recharger avec le chargeur victron à quai, je me pose la question de la charge lors de la navigation via l’alternateur du moteur.
En effet avec le coupleur cyrix lorsque le moteur sera en marche la batterie GEL sera chargée par l’alternateur, donc à courant plus élevé.

Est ce qu'une batterie GEL est bien adaptée à mon utilisation ?

Merci.

david57 asked
david57 answered ·

3 Answers

Feature Request - Set MPPT max current value in 0.5A steps or decimal value

I can set the max current value of my 75/10 MPPT in VictronConnect for Windows to a whole number only, but I would like to set it to a decimal value e.g. 2.5A. Can I do this somehow or could it be implemented in a future release?

Especially batteries with lower charging rates need at least .5A steps for efficient loading with bigger(ish) panels while not charging with overrated current.

deltron asked
deltron edited ·

0 Answers

How to limit charge current in the system with old MPPTs (VE.Can), ESS?

Hello,

Does someone have an idea how to limit a battery charging current in a system with old version MPPTs VE.Can (with a built in screen)? The system is running in ESS mode. DVCC (limiting charge current) doesn’t work with this type of MPPTs.

Thanks in advance,

Vyacheslav

vyacheslav-denysenko asked
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

1 Answer

67 Posts
64 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts