VE.Can Image

VE.Can

bms.can or full ve.can in multiplus 2 gx

Hello

No one can tell me what variant of the drive it sells.

It is somehow easy to find out which version VE.CAN I have after unpacking (For easy return to the seller)

Picture on drive:

BMS.CAN = only Battery

VE.CAN = full Can port

Aditional information from datasheet:

Late 2021 / early 2022, the hardware of the MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX product range has been updated. The update adds Bluetooth and changes the CAN-communications port from a limited 500kbps BMS-Can only type to a full featured VE.Can port (non-isolated). Status per model:
  1. MultiPlus-II GX 48V 3kVA;

Thanks for reply.

[image]

amater asked
amater commented ·

2 Answers

Lynx Shunt ve.can + Phoenix Inverter ve.bus + CCGX + what else?

My new lynx shunt with ve.can ports is sitting a foot away from my phoenix inverters with their ve.bus ports and quite obviously they cannot communicate with each other. The inverters are connected to a CCGX panel about 50 feet away obviously via ve.bus, and the CCGX's ve.can port is connected to a N2K adatper to feed my main data backbone. I would rather not pull another 50 feet of cable through this boat to bring the shunt's ve.can port up to the CCGX. What are some viable alternatives? The goal is to see the shunt on the CCGX and for the shunt data, along with (already working) inverter data to be forwarded to the N2K bus through the adapter from ve.can

Add a Venus GX (or Cerbo GX) near the inverters and shunt and connect both ve.can and ve.bus to the Venus - will the Venus/Cerbo forward all the data between both networks so the CCGX will see it all?

Add another ve.can-N2K adapter on the shunt's ve.can port - will the CCGX see the shunt data on N2K and bring it in as ve.can?

Save up a lot of money, buy the entire Victron company outright, and put them to work making all their products network compatible without the use of a different unique adapter for every device?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Barber asked

0 Answers

Pylontech US3000C BMScan to EasySolar I

Have set up comms between US3000Cs and EasySolar II with no issues. Trying to get working on an EasySolar I, which only has a VE.can input, no BMScan. Have wired up my own Type A BMScan cable from batteries to inverter, checked and is all okay.

From what I could gather it is still possible to use the VEcan port as a BMS can, but I’m having no luck getting the batteries to show up on the CCGX device list.

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this for me.

solarsam asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

2 Answers

How to control MPPT (VE.Can) to stop charging at certain SoC level e.g 80%?

Hello,

TLD;R - I would like for a piece of mind and health of a LiFePO batteries implement a charging strategy similar to e.g. Tesla cars: Charge only to specified SoC, let's say 80%.

My current setup includes:

• LiFePO bank monitored and controlled by REC BMS,
  • Lynx Shunt 1000A VE.Can shunt
  • SmartSolar Charger VE.Can 150/70
  • and Cerbo GX

among other components.

In current setup, if I understand it correctly, REC BMS is periodically sending a frames on CAN Bus
advertising current SOC (among other things), and effectively controls MPPT to slow charging
when SOC reaches 98% and stop charging when SOC is equal 100%. This is a behavior
I can observe on both Cerbo GX and VRM portal.

I would like to stop charging at 80%, both for extending battery life, and for pice of mind,
that when boat is unattended, some fluke in SOC calculation would make MPPT overcharge
batteries. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Przemek
S/V Festina Lente

karwas asked
kevgermany commented ·

4 Answers

Cerbo CAN connection

Hello everyone,

could you please tell me if the BMS-CAN connection can be used as a VE.CAN connection?
The system I have in mind has 2 MPPT VE.CAN, 1 MultiPlus and Pylontech Force L2 which needs type-A cable.

Many thanks,

Mike

fgs-energie asked
Alexandra edited ·

1 Answer

remove CAN devices

Hi everybody,

I have installed a "dummy" BMS over CAN (for testing) and when I remove the device I get an error67 wich makes sense as the CAN comunication is interupted. I'm using the 2-chanel CAN hat from Waveshare.

How can I remove all the CAN devices without getting those errors?

Thanks for your support!

senna1976 asked
Alexandra edited ·

1 Answer

Error 67 - BMS Connection Lost on Smart Solar 150/100-Tr VE.Can

I have a Smart Solar 150/100-Tr VE.Can connected by VE.Can to a MG Energy Master LV (With 2 x 200Ah HE batteries) and a Color Control GX. There is also a Multiplus 24/3000/70-16 connected by VE.Bus on the same system.

I'm having an occasional 'Error 67 - BMS connection lost' from the Smart Solar but I have unfortunately been unable to pinpoint what exactly is causing the issue. It never happens when the solar is isolated but randomly when solar is generating. It does not automatically recover unless I clear the issue by isolating our solar panels and reconnecting. Is this a known issue with Smart Solar VE.Can variants? Details are below. Many thanks!

Details:

DVCC Enabled

Smart Solar 150/100-Tr VE.Can Firmware v̶1̶.̶0̶3̶ v1.04

MG Energy Master LV Firmware v1.22

Multiplus 24/3000/70-16 (230VAC) Firmware v469

Color Control GX Firmware v2.51

jamesk asked
Martin Coetzee answered ·

6 Answers

EasySolar 2 GX mit ve.Can

Meine Anlage besteht aktuell aus

1x EasySolar 2 mit GX

2x MultiPlus 2

je 5000/48

Als Batterie sind derzeit 4 Pylontech US3000C im Einsatz.

Nun habe ich zwei weitere MPPT 250/70 ve.Can geordert und wollte diese in Betrieb nehmen.

Leider ohne Erfolg, da ich keinen ve.Can Anschluss am EasySolar habe.

Wie kann ich trotz des EasySolars2 GX einen ve.Can bekommen?

Gibt es hier seitens Victron eine Lösung?

Durch recherchen bin auf auf "Victron VE.Bus to VE.Can interface" gestoßen.

Leider weiß ich allerdings nicht, ob das Interface funktioniert am EasySolar2 GX, oder benötige ich einen Cerbo z.B um die beiden weiteren MPPT ve.Can in Betrieb zunehmen.

Vielen Dank, für eure Hilfen

sirmkay asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

2 Answers

Lynx shunt ve.can current output?

Hey Everyone, I am currently working with the lynx shunt 1000, and am trying to get the actual current. I have been referencing the can registry, but I have not been able to get a message that does not return the dreaded 8000 error code. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Steven Kraine asked

0 Answers

Can SmartSolar MPPT RS 450|100 & Inverter RS Smart Solar 48/6000 operate on the same VE.CAN Network?

We want to add a SmartSolar MPPT RS 450|100 to an existing very early model Inverter RS Smart Solar 48/6000 and naturally use the same VE.CAN Network. Can this be done?

safiery asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Cabel type for an VE.Can to VE.Can needed

Hello,

I have an Multi RS Solar and the Cerbo GX device. The manual says that I have to use an cabel from the Multi RS Solar VE.Can port to the Cerbo VE.Can port. Witch cabel typ I have to buy? I Don't mean the cabel from the Cerbo VE.Can to the BMS (I have it already)... Many thanks for your answers. Thorsten

index-zero asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Ferrite chokes on CAN bus cables

Is there any value in a ferrite choke/sleeve on a CAN bus cable?

CAN uses a differential signal as I understand it.

So is it a good/bad/indifferent idea?

I have been having some weird BMS issues, which probably is just the BMS but I wanted to exhaust all avenues.

nickdb asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

VE.CAN + NMEA 2000 + Fischer Panda Generator

I'm planning on an install with the following VE.Can devcies: Cerbo GX and Lynx Smart BMS. I am also planning on installing a Fischer Panda generator, and would like to use the J1939 connection method so I can log data from the generator as well as do automatic start/stop. Last, but not least I would like to have the Victron data on the N2K network to display on the chartplotter.

What would the best way to accomplish this? Reading the VE.CAN to NMEA2000 documentation, it appears that it would be best to have a VE.CAN to N2K cable for each device, but should I do that with the generator as well?

Alternatively, maybe it would be easier to keep a separate VE.Can network with just Cerbo GX, Lynx Smart Shunt, and FP generator and then install a Raspberry Pi w/ N2K and SignalK and pull the Victron data over MQQT?

hoeken asked

0 Answers

How to use a programmable relay assistant using SOC setting

When I try to configure programmable relay assistant in Multi II to close relay, using SOC level settings, seems that assistant doesn´t use SOC coming from CerboGX using BMS-CAN.

I read post with same issue https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/65651/does-the-soc-assistant-condition-on-the-programmab.html , and tried to use same recommendation , that seemed worked in that case, so I selected "enable battery monitor", because the post says that doing so, SOC will be coming from external meter (in that case BMV) and not from internal SOC calculation, as all internal data will be replaced by the data coming from external control.

Well, I tried to replicate the solution indicated in post and it simply doesn´t work. The only difference I see is that in post SOC was coming from BMV, and inmy case SOC is coming from BMS. But cannot figure out why this could be the difference for my Assistant fails to take true SOC.

Any help to understand how to use SOC coming from BMS in a Multi II assistant ?

Note: Assistant and connections work fine and activate Relay when using other conditions. The problem is where SOC is coming from.

mito asked

0 Answers

communication pylontech ->old mppt ve.can ->ccgx

Hello,

hopefully simple question.

I have since 6-7 years a ccgx with old 150/ 70a mppt ve.can working. Veryvell by the way.

now i bought two pylontech batteries, how do i connect them all together? where do i plug in the terminator(s)?
thank you very much for help!

(sorry i ask question already here with no answers
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/179/connection-type-bdy-ccgx-mppt.html?childToView=124546#answer-124546 )

wudycool asked
wkirby answered ·

2 Answers

Followers

154 Posts
119 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.