firmware update Image

firmware update

Firmware update and large image from SD/USB on Cerbo GX (without internet)

Hello you all

I have been working on the Cerbo GX pretty much the last days and also playing around with Node Red, which I have to say, offers a lot of possibilities if you dont need to get your hands dirty with Modbus Communication, anyways ... I wonder if it is possible to update the firmware and install the large image in a Cerbo GX with an SD/USB stick because in some places I dont have internet access and for being honest, I havent found the way of doing it without using "Online Updates".

Thanks a lot !

faberj asked

0 Answers

75/15 MPPT and insufficient PV error with Firmware 1.59 issue

Hi folks,

I have a victron 75/15 MPPT hooked up to a 160w panel and 200ah AGM leisure battery, the system has been working flawlessly for years, battery replaced when needed but no issues at all, however, suddenly after upgrading to firmware version 1.59 I constantly get the insufficient PV error.

I have tried using a different panel, and different battery to no difference, having discussed this on Reddit in the victron community there,‘I’ve come across two others who also seen the same issue after upgrading to 1.59

Is there anything I can do about this, have victron issued any statements about faulty firmware, or is there a way for me to roll back to previous version which worked without any issue at all?

David Kennedy asked
andy-h commented ·

21 Answers

System Alarm Grid Lost

For a few days now we've been getting a system alarm that says "Grid Lost." I can highlight it on our CCGX screen, but it doesn't go away. (I.E. The warning triangle in the top of the screen keeps flashing no matter what I do.) It also does not register on the VRM site under Alarm Logs...

We have not lost grid power once in this time period.

I do however use the CCGX's relay and it's automatic Generator on/off rules to tell the Quattro when to pull power from the grid. (I do this so we can use the energy stored in our batteries first.) So while the Shorepower meter shows zero, we are still connected to the grid.

We also have a PV inverter connected to our Quattro's 230v output, which gave me a grid error once, but I've not seen that happen again. (Meaning it might have but then went away before I noticed it...)

Did something change in the firmware to cause us to get this alarm?

We were running 2.51 but it also happened when I updated it to 2.52.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Scott

scottnelson asked
nickdb commented ·

4 Answers

It’s 2022. Is configuring a MultiPlus with Mac or iPad possible yet?

From searching and reading and reading and searching it is still not clear whether I will be able to fully control, configure and update my MultiPlus with a MK3-USB and either a Mac using OS X or an iPad using iOS. Is updated advice available on this please?

I found this in the VE.Bus Configuration Guide, at para 3.3.
An MK3-USB is required to change settings and perform firmware updates and settings. And, as that requires a USB port, it is not possible to change inverter/charger configuration or perform firmware updates on a Apple iPad or iPhone.

My latest model iPad has a USB-C port and with its accessory USB-C to USB adapter it can easily work with USB devices, such as the MK3-USB, I imagine.

In case using an iPad is still a no-go, can a MacBookPro with OS X and MK3-USB provide full control, configuration and updating of my MultiPlus?

People often ask me on my YouTube channel whether they should buy Victron or MasterVolt systems for their boats. I tell them both systems are good but I prefer Victron for its openness, easy user controllability and Apple friendly orientation. I always feel nervous in providing this advice, given the unfathomable situation with respect to Apple unfriendliness of the MultiPlus.

To borrow from an infamous Australian politician, ‘Please Explain?’

Regards, Rick Dykstra. S/V Snow Gum.

valden asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

3 Answers

Firmwareupdate MulitPlus Compact

Hallo Leute,

Ich bin im Besitz eines MultiPlus Compact 24/1200/24 Baujahr 2011.

Da ich die Funktion ESS nutzen möchte muss ich die Firmware hochziehen, aktuell kommt die bekannte Fehlermeldung…

Aktuelle Version ist 154.

Ich habe mir den USB-MK3 für PC verbindung besorgt.

Wie komme ich zur aktuellen Firmware für den MP Compact bzw. wo kann ich mir diesen downloaden?

Danke für eure Antworten.

marcel123 asked
marcel123 commented ·

1 Answer

How to get an inverter back to operation after a failed update?

The Firmware update on my Multiplus compact 12/1200/50 via VEFlash and MK3 USB Interface from Version 1906132 to 1906159 started fine. Following the described procedure I could connect and start the update without problems. Unfortunately, after getting 6% the inverter has gone totally off and nothing is indicating. No other device was connected to the VE.Bus. How can I get it back working?

collins-kagiri asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Nach v2.90 Update von v2.89 ext. Control statt Bulk/Absoptions/Float

Ich habe heute das Update v2.90 durchgeführt.

Nun bekomme ich in der Remote Console "ext. Control" statt den Lade-/Entladezustand der Batterie angezeigt. Meine Batterie (TAICO 100Ah) ist per CAN mit dem Multiplus II verbunden

Wenn ich v2.89 wieder installiere wird der "alte" Zustand auch wieder angezeigt.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit mit v2.90 die Lade-/Entladezustände wieder angezeigt zu bekommen?

[image]

info-10 asked
info-10 answered ·

3 Answers

Multiplus 2 GX Firmwareupdate über WLAN möglich?

Ist das Firmwareupdate für den Multiplus 2 GX ausschließlich über ein MK3 VE.Bus - USB Kabel möglich oder kann man das Update auch über das WLAN des Multiplus 2 GX durchführen?

hk-solar asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Error mk2vsc-46 after MultiPlus-II firmware update

An error is displayed after updating firmware on my MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 from v496 to v497:

'Uploaded file does not match model and/or installed firmware version' Error: mk2vsc-46

Prior to the update I downloaded the Remote VEConfigure file "c0619ab040ab_inst_ttyS3_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel", so I have the original settings for v496.

Please help - what do I do now?

Thanks!

glennsa asked
Luit Jan answered ·

3 Answers

Pylontech US2000 dead after firmware update

Hello everybody,

after experiencing Internal Error problems with my new US2000C module, which I added to the two existing US2000B-Plus modules (link to the topic), I read on another forum that this might be a firmware issue.

I determined the firmware versions with BatteryView (link below). The US2000C had the firmware V1.2, both of the US2000B-Plus V3.4.

I found a post of Pylontech-Jeff in this thread in another forum.

Jeff wrote: "Now all firmware are compressed into a compressed package, the system will automatically select the most suitable firmware to upgrade your battery."

The Google Drive link contains the BatteryView software and a zip archive with the firmware. I was able to upgrade the firmware of the US2000C module to V1.4.

So I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware of the US2000B-Plus modules, too. I understood the quoted sentence of Jeff as the BatteryView software could determine if the archive contains a suitable firmware file, no matter which version of the US2000 range it is. WRONG!

So I started the upgrade and at about 83%, the upgrade process stopped with an error. The module can’t be started anymore. If I turn on the main switch, the led turns on, but it can't be started with the SW button. BatteryView can't connect to the module anymore.

I contacted the Pylontech service, but I didn't get an answer yet.

Does anybody know how to revive it again? How to get the correct firmware installed again?

athlonfx asked
athlonfx commented ·

13 Answers

CCGX Firmware update over v2.18 results in stuck at Victron Boot Screen logo

Hi all,

I'd like to update the fimware of the CCGX unit in my EasySolar 24/3000/70 to the latest version.

Anything over v2.18 results in the CCGX being stuck in the Victron logo Splash screen on boot.

I tried updating it via Wifi, the SD card via the 3 button boot menu procedure and with and without the CCGX connected to anything as suggested here.
Tried replacing the USB cable aswel to no avail...

The SmartSolar and Multi plus units inside the EasySolar never gave me any issues and I could update them to their latest versions.
(Currently both running on the latest stable release candidates.)

With v2.18 running the CCGX sometimes looses all readings on the SOC and/or spontaneously reboots.

I'd like to update the CCGX to the latest version (v2.98), any idea's what I might have overlooked or can try?

Thanks in advance for your input !

noia asked
noia edited ·

0 Answers

Nach Update auf V1.50; Warum lädt der MPPT 75/15 Laderegler nur noch in Erhaltungsspannung (Bulk) ?

Hallo, wir haben einen Smart Solar MPPT 75/15 an einem 110 Watt Solar Panel und einer 225 Amp/h Batterie installiert.

Vor dem Software Update auf V.1.50 hat das System toll funktioniert.

Bulk und Float alles ok. Siehe bitte Foto.

Nach dem Update auf V1.50 kennt das System nur noch Bulk - Ladung.

In den Tagen vor und nach dem Software Update waren keine Stromverbraucher aktiv. Auch sonst wurde nichts am System verändert.

Wir haben nun seit 3 Tagen Verbraucher hinzugeschaltet. Das System lädt weiterhin nur in Erhaltungsladung - Bulk weiter. Die Sonneneinstrahlung ist in den Tagen vergleichbar.

Warum lädt der MPPT 75/15 nur noch in Erhaltungsspannung (Bulk) ?

Gibt es ein neues Softwareupdate? Oder kann man auf die alte Software Version zurück wechseln?

Vielen Dank schon einmal im voraus für die Informationen.

[image]

wesso asked
wollochs answered ·

5 Answers

Quattro Software Incompatibility?

Good Evening!

Looking for some insight and suggestions. I'm currently running a 3-phase mobile power system consisting of a (6) Quattro 48/8000/110 230V inverters, a Lynx Ion+Shunt, with lithium batteries, and a CCGX.

Long story short, we had an inverter that started acting up, going into overload, and shutting everything down. We procured a new Quattro, and installed it in the system. The new firmware was pushed to all the devices (v497). However, I am getting Error 25, stating "One of the other Multis has too old a software version to work together with this Multi." In VE System Config, I am unable to send the new configuration to the devices, as I am seeing a system check message stating that "only devices of the same type are allowed."

The original system was purchased and installed in late 2016; I just got the new inverter in April of this year (and just got around to installing it). Are there mechanical or software-related differences in the newer units that would prevent it from functioning in phase with the older five? For the life of me, I cannot troubleshoot this, and I see no option or ability to update the "software" of any of the units. Unfortunately, everything I am seeing uses "firmware" and "software" almost interchangeably, which in this particular case is no help.

My next step is to order five other new Quattros, but at the same time that's a hefty pricetag and a lot of down time. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not a novice at this, and have gone through every manual and troubleshooting avenue I can think of, but this one has me stumped. Is there a chance that we just got a "bad" new unit out of the box? Thanks!

Christopher

christophersmith asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

[SOLVED] SmartSolar Charger 150/35 - still experiencing zero output issues after firmware 1.53 and 1.54 updates

Hello,

After updating the firmware on my 3 SmartSolar 150/35 devices from 1.51 I have been experiencing issues where the PV power drops close to zero. In some instances the situation rectifies itself other times I need to disable/enable via the VictronConnect app. I saw there was an issue with the 1.53 firmware and hoped the 1.54 firmware would rectify the situation but unfortunately the issue still persists. Today device 260 was off for 2 hours before I disabled/enabled it via the app.

Setup

1. Quattro 48/8000/100-2x100 - firmware 469
  2. 4 x Pylontech US3000
  3. 3 x SmartSolar 150/35 - firmware 1.54
  4. 2 sets of 6 x JA Solar JAP72S01-330/SC
  5. 1 set of 6 x JA Solar JAM72S01-380/PR
  6. Venus GX - firmware 260

[image]

[image]

Is Victron aware that some devices still have this "drop out "issue even with the 1.54 firmware?

Thanks

jkkm asked
mickymac answered ·

14 Answers

Lithium Smart update error

Hi,

Yesterday during update of LFPSmart 25.6/200 VictronConnect signalized an error due to server connection issue. Unfortunately app crashed before i got to take a screen-shot.

Now battery bluetooth isn't visible at all and BMS is frozen in error state.

BMS is SmallBMS. App is up to date. App log in attachments.

We tried:

All solutions from the troubleshooting page.

Using different phones to connect.

Replacing BMS with another unit.

Charging battery with low current as if the battery was discharged.

Best possible solution for such case is usually restarting the device, but this time it's not possible as we are struggling with the battery itself...

I'll be grateful for any ideas.

Regards

Jakub

Jakub Wszytko asked
Jakub Wszytko answered ·

1 Answer

565 Posts
263 Users
8 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
196 Points