firmware update Image

firmware update

MP 48/3000 GX update issue

I have updated my MP 48/3000 GX to the latest firmware-version 2.92. Since then, my connection to the remote-console and to VRM are lost after approx. 15 minutes. A reboot via ssh helps for another 15 minutes. Is there a way to solve this issue? Setting the unit back to factory default would mean, that I might need a grid-code-password.

Any help is appreciated!

wilm asked
JohnC answered ·

3 Answers

75/15 MPPT and insufficient PV error with Firmware 1.59 issue

Hi folks,

I have a victron 75/15 MPPT hooked up to a 160w panel and 200ah AGM leisure battery, the system has been working flawlessly for years, battery replaced when needed but no issues at all, however, suddenly after upgrading to firmware version 1.59 I constantly get the insufficient PV error.

I have tried using a different panel, and different battery to no difference, having discussed this on Reddit in the victron community there,‘I’ve come across two others who also seen the same issue after upgrading to 1.59

Is there anything I can do about this, have victron issued any statements about faulty firmware, or is there a way for me to roll back to previous version which worked without any issue at all?

David Kennedy asked
stuart-browning answered ·

29 Answers

CCGX VRM remote firmware update 1342 error

Hello

I've a CCGX running 4.28 and a Quattro that is shown as not updeatalbe 1342:

[image]

Following the FAQ Q2:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

I understand this is the reasons why I can't update it:

[image]

What I'm unsure if the reasons why is really that the CCGX hw is too old or it's the quattro that it's too old? The FAQ refers to the CCGX but what confuse me is that it's the Quattro being a MK2 rather than a MK3.

Can anyone confirm replacing the CCGX with a newer hardware would allow remote firmware upgrade on my Quattro?

Thanks a lot in advance

Closed

stepir asked
stepir commented ·

3 Answers

Measuring energy from single-phase PV Inverter on the second phase of Energy Meter

The Victron Energy Meter Manual for the EM24 RS485 states:-

Single phase dual function

If you are considering using a 3-phase meter in a single-phase installation to measure the grid on one input of the meter and the PV inverter output on another input of the energy meter, use the ET340 instead"

Is that because the EM24 counts total power, with net differential readings from each phase cancelling each other out, whereas the ET340 counts energy on each individual phase and then sums those values?

Also, the EM24 FAQ says "Attempting to use other brand battery inverters and trying to substitute their lack of data connectivity to the GX device by using Energy Meters will not work as expected"

My system was installed with an EM24 doing exactly that. Has that now been deprecated and it is no longer possible to set an Energy Meter as a dual "Grid + PV invertor" function anymore?

editbear asked

0 Answers

DVCC on Multi with old firmware

Multi with old firmware on Cerbo .

Question: Which function will work and which function will not work?

benm asked
benm commented ·

4 Answers

CCGX Firmware 2.42 Beta AC and DC readings

CCGX Firmware 2.42 Beta The problem I have is the AC reading and DC reading i.e. when in normal inverting mode there’s no problem but when I use my generator the AC out put goes from 16 to 4 watts the DC goes up from say 80 watts to 160 when the battery’s are fully charged the reading are about the normal but when the water pump kicks in the reading on the DC go up which is ok but the AC output takes a dive from 16-20 to 4-0 watts I have checked this with previous version of firmware 2.41

susiboat asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) commented ·

1 Answer

VRM shows 0W PV Power, Grid shows only Critical Load not whole house consumption

[image]

In November 2022, VRM started showing ‘AC Loads’ as 0W and ‘Total Consumption’ & ‘Grid’ displayed only the Critical Load, rather than the figures for the whole house.

My Solar PV was fitted 5 years ago by a Victron dealer who has since gone bust and now the only Victron agent in Kent wants £780 to look at it. He told me to update the CCGX firmware from v1.74 to version v2.92 which I did (with trepidation) but I think this has made my situation worse.

Until this week, I knew nothing of PV systems, so please allow a little latitude while I try & explain;-

[image]

I believe i have a HUB 4 system, now known as ESS. It comprises: CCGX, MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16, 3 x Lead Acid batteries, 2 x Solis PV Invertors and an EM24 energy meter. The EM24 is linked to the CCGX via Cat5 cable, but I think it is a serial model with an RS485 to USB interface hidden behind the CCGX.

The CCGX Settings (firmware v1.74) contained ‘Wired AC sensors’ and the EM24 appeared as “BQ21600350013” where it was set to ‘Grid meter + PV inverter’.

[image]

In firmware v2.92 there is no ‘Wired AC sensors’, but the EM24 appears under ‘Energy Meters’ but can only be set to ‘Grid meter OR ‘PV inverter’ (not both). The Phase type ‘Single Phase’ and ‘PV inverter on phase 2’ with ‘AC Input 1’ have been carried over from the previous firmware.

[image]

Whatever I do, I cannot get the EM24 to appear in the CCGX ‘Device List’. I think it is Modbus RTU (different to’ Modbus TCP’) but in desperation I enabled ‘Modbus TCP’ in ‘Services’ and scanned but of course nothing was found. Help! I am really out of my depth.

[image]

[image]

All I know is that VRM displayed accurate Grid and Solar figures up until November last year and no hardware has been changed. The EM24 local display is still showing the Grid on L1 and the PV Invertors on L2 so my theory is that an automatic CCGX update to v1.74 lost the connection with the energy meter and upgrading to v2.92 has not helped.

[image]

[image]

I have found that Victron now say “using an EM24 to measure both Grid and Solar PV on a single-phase installation does not work properly”, and they recommend using an ET340 instead. Is that because the firmware does not support the EM24 anymore? If so, what version of firmware will I need to downgrade to, in order to restore VRM back to reading correct Grid and Solar figures?

Lastly, am I doing any harm running the system without a Grid/Solar meter? I know it is still saving me energy because on a recent bright day, my smart meter was showing 0 watts and the EM24 had a negative figure on L1), I don’t think the solar battery was charging.

[image]

editbear asked
editbear edited ·

0 Answers

[SOLVED] SmartSolar Charger 150/35 - still experiencing zero output issues after firmware 1.53 and 1.54 updates

Hello,

After updating the firmware on my 3 SmartSolar 150/35 devices from 1.51 I have been experiencing issues where the PV power drops close to zero. In some instances the situation rectifies itself other times I need to disable/enable via the VictronConnect app. I saw there was an issue with the 1.53 firmware and hoped the 1.54 firmware would rectify the situation but unfortunately the issue still persists. Today device 260 was off for 2 hours before I disabled/enabled it via the app.

Setup

1. Quattro 48/8000/100-2x100 - firmware 469
  2. 4 x Pylontech US3000
  3. 3 x SmartSolar 150/35 - firmware 1.54
  4. 2 sets of 6 x JA Solar JAP72S01-330/SC
  5. 1 set of 6 x JA Solar JAM72S01-380/PR
  6. Venus GX - firmware 260

[image]

[image]

Is Victron aware that some devices still have this "drop out "issue even with the 1.54 firmware?

Thanks

jkkm asked
Jairus Onsafari commented ·

17 Answers

RS 48/6000 not supported via VE.Direct, not connected via VE.Can

Hello, community!

I have updated RS 48/6000 to v1.11 and Cerbo GX to v2.92 recently. After the updates it appears RS is neither supported via VE.Direct nor can be connected via VE.Can.

With VE.Direct the system (RS + Cerbo) still works, although RS in not shown on Control Panel (the invertor is “off”). With VE.Can the system doesn’t appear to be working at all.

Please advise if the issue can be resolved.

Many thanks,

Alex

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Oleksandr asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Firmware update Interface 1140

Hello!

Do you have any idea how to update an 1140 Interface? If i connetct the Interface to the system Ve.Bus error 15 appears.

[image]

valentinschmid asked
colins commented ·

1 Answer

Mppt starting new day at history tab everyday @ 15:00 o'clock

Hello,

I did something I guess Im not supposed to do and upgraded my solar charger's (BlueSolar Charger MPPT 75/15 (large micro) A042) firmware via vrm portal to the latest 1.61. Update is not published via victron connect yet.

After updating device acts weird. Starts a new day while its around 15:00 o clock locally and sun is still shining. In addition to that vrm connected victron connect app(android or windows doesnt matter) changing charge settings are saved and shown with green thick but does not effect the charger. What I mean is I am turning of the charger but it does not stop charging. (etc).

My question is where can I find one step older firmware? Even victron professional portal is only offering the latest firmware. Are there any github like archive of device firmwares so I can revert it back?

Thanks.

Emre asked
Me commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus v500 firmware problem?

Hi Guys,

Ten days or so ago, updated Multiplus firmware to v500 and Cerbo to v3.0~14 Large (beta).

System comprises Cerbo, Multiplus 12/3000/120 and CANBUS connected REC-ABMS. Cerbo also connected to NMEA2000 with lots of instrumentation. Use both Signal-K and Node-RED.

Behaviour of Multiplus has changed from mostly being in 'ext.co' to 'float'. Multiplus now never goes into external control. Is this normal for v500?

Connected USB/MK3 to check Multiplus settings are as before and Two-Wire assistant is correctly configured and running.

Wound back Cerbo to previous firmware (v2.92?) large then tried non-Large. Multiplus behaviour is same with all Cerbo firmwave versons so suspecting Multiplus v500 firmware has changed something?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

[image]

Ian asked
pedaaa commented ·

3 Answers

Firmware update Interface 1140

Can someone please point me in the direction of updating the firmware on an Interface 1140 (ASS030510000). Have checked on Professional and can't find a reference? Thanks, Colin

colins asked

0 Answers

Mise a jour Multiplus Compact 24/800/16-16

Bonjour a vous,

Suite a un changement de batteries sur mon installation, je dois reprendre les paramètres des 3 chargeurs MultiPlus Compact 24/800 (mode triphasé) pour intégrer mes nouvelles batteries.

Seulement, la mise à jour de la version V413 vers la V415 s’arrête au bout de 5 % en m'indiquant que j'ai un souci avec le boitier MK3 (boitier neuf) ou mon câble RJ45 (très récent aussi)

Ces chargeurs sont dans une armoire Alliantz Conshome et le SAV me demande de vous contacter pour cette mise à jour sachant que cela se passe sur du matériel Victron.

Pourriez vous me dire comment faire venir un technicien à mon domicile ?

Merci !

jb74 asked
jb74 answered ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX can turn off Multiplus but can't turn it back on

I have a customer using a Cerbo GX to control their Multiplus, and since I don't personally have much experience with the Cerbo I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the fix might be.

The Multiplus rocker switch is switched on, it shows up in the Cerbo just fine and settings can be adjusted, but when turned off via the Cerbo (with rocker switch still switched on) it disappears from the Cerbo. Once that happens, the rocker switch will no longer turn it on or off until the RJ45 cable is removed.

RJ45 is in the correct port on both ends. Firmware on the Cerbo may have been updated, firmware on Multiplus has most likely not been updated. My best guess is it's a firmware conflict and updating the Multiplus may resolve it, but I'd love confirmation or alternatives/tests before he buys the MK3-USB. I don't have firmware versions handy but can get them if they will be informative.

Thank you for your time, John.

John asked

0 Answers

621 Posts
312 Users
10 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
533 Points