question

dsparshott avatar image
dsparshott asked

CCGX with two can.bus inputs

I have a CCGX with a Smartsolar and Pylontech batteries, both of which require a CAN.bus connection on the CCGX. As far as I understand the CCGX can only accept one such connection and this is what I am experiencing when trying to commission; Either the batteries as viewable with the 500kbs BUS setting, or the MPPT is viewable (250kbs setting).

My dealer insists that BOTH can be connected if setup correctly, can anyone confirm this and how it's done? I've read the Pylontech, Smartsolar, and CCGX manuals and the only info says that they cannot be connected; I'll require a Cerbo or similar.

Any help and clarification would be welcome.

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color ControlPylontechVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is not possible to have both 500Kbps and 250Kbps devices on the same bus. The bus speed needs to be either 250Kbps or 500Kbps.
There is only one CAN interface on the CCGX. Two ports allow for daisy chain or end terminator.
You really need two separate interfaces, the CerboGX fills this need.

All I have said above you already know by now, mostly from experience.
It a little bit of a concern that your dealer does not know this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.