question

robert-van-rooyen avatar image
robert-van-rooyen asked

Huawei battery integration with Multiplus

Hi guys,

I have a Huawei ESM 48100B1V1 battery (48v 100ah) connected to my Multiplus 2 GX 48/5000. No solar input, only grid.

My battery is not supported on the compatibility list. I would like to know how it can possibly be done as all the answers I have read so far have been pretty confusing to me.

The battery has a IN and OUT RJ45 com port and I have the pin outs to this. It provides 4 wire RS485 coms.

• complying with the Modbus protocol and YDN1363 protocol
  • Baud rate: 9600 bit/s.

It also provides positive and negative can, which match the pin out on the BMS can of the multiplus.

I only have the one battery at this stage and don't see a need for an addition in the future. The battery settings has been programmed into the multiplus:

100ah

51.5 v float

54.5 v abs

The other question I have is, what real world advantage will I have by getting the battery can to talk to the multiplus can if I manage to?

And last question I have is, by adding a smart shunt connected to the VE bus, how does this change or effect anything I'm trying to do.

thanks in advance,

Rob

battery chargingLithium BatteryBMSVE.Can
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Frits Joosten avatar image Frits Joosten commented ·

G'day Rob,

I just installed 4 of these batteries to my off grid system.

I am still stuffing around with the inverter/charger multiplus II. At this stage I can't exactly answer your questions as I'm still figuring it out.

These are the charge settings. https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/lithium-battery-esm-48100b1/thread/667272004501389312-667213875642249216

The values differ a bit from the manual but match the values they give on their special sheet... Up to you I guess.

As far as I understand, batteries don't need to talk to the inverter. They have their own bms and till victron adds them to their know batteries list, there isn't advantages.

I'll feed back more as I learn.....

Cheers,

Frits

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
shingsam avatar image
shingsam answered ·

Same with me. Need communication Huawei ESM to Victron.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

felipe-benavides avatar image
felipe-benavides answered ·

any news on this????

2 |3000

felipe-benavides avatar image
felipe-benavides answered ·

Did you find how to connect to the battery's and check status or alarm trough a computer?

2 |3000

Nico avatar image
Nico answered ·

Same question here. Did you get any further?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

When compatible batteries are connected, the battery controls charge rates, discharge rates. Correct values should be set in the multi, in case there's a problem with the Comms between the BMS and multi.

There will also be the BMS information available in the GX and VRM. This varies depending on the BMS.

This from reading many posts here: Many batteries emulate the Pylontech BMS which mostly works, although some give negative currents by default and you need to change the BMS.

2 |3000

Keith Arnold avatar image
Keith Arnold answered ·

I have 4 Huawei 48100A batteries on a Muliplus 5000 with CCGX, MPPT and 4 kW Fronius, and later i added a BMV700. Found slight improvement in performance and monitoring after i added the BMV. Only problem i get is High Voltage spikes when grid fails and the Battery BMS may shut the battery down, not always. It does reset and the system starts up but it is an irritation.

I am now looking into accessing the BMS via its Modbus port and the USB/Modbus converter on the CCGX for the ET112 meter. Raspberry Pi picks up all the devices connected (even the Fronius meter that is connected to the Fronius via modbus) so hoping once i figure out the modbus i will give it a try.

Currently i have linked the 4 batteries via the in and out ports with terminators. have no idea if they see one another, run light blinks, no error, so assume all is good.

2 |3000

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell answered ·

Hi are these batteries 12s s? I am very curious if they are as I need the settings ! I have 6x 12s with daly bms s …

Cheers. Matt

2 |3000

Related Resources