question

image6255 avatar image
image6255 asked

Multiplus 2 GX + Pylontech + MPPT RS 450|200

How do I add MPPT RS 450|200 to a Multiplus II GX + Pylontech system?

When I connect it to the VE.Can port nothing happens, if I switch VE.Can port to VE.Can + 250 kbit BMS, Multiplus sees the MPPT charger, but can't see the battery.

Please help.

Multiplus-IIMPPT SmartSolarPylontechVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Hi if it has a VE direct port use that instead of VE can, you can only connect the pylontechs to the multiplus 2 GX, not in combination with other products on the same VE can

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

image6255 avatar image image6255 commented ·
Yes, both multiplus gx and mppt rs devices have ve.direct port. So, I need a ve.direct cable and this is the only way?
1 Like 1 ·
Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL image6255 commented ·

Yes, thats the only way, you need a VE direct cable, the multiplus gx is limited in connections

But then it will work fine

I have 3 multiplus 2 (one GX) in 3 phase setup with pylontech us5000 batteries and 6 mppts on ve direct

1 Like 1 ·
image6255 avatar image image6255 Duivert NL commented ·
Thanks. How do you sync the Multiplusts if ve.can is occupied by your batteries? Do you use ve.bus?

Also isn't ve.direct a poin-to-point interface? How do you connect multiple mppts to it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL image6255 commented ·

Yes VE bus syncs the mutliplusses

You can use one VE ditect device directly, the others are on a good quality powered usb hub with ve direct to usb converters

i also have energy meters connected to that same hub

there is a limit on ve direct devices, different on every gx device, on multiplus 2 gx its 25

1 Like 1 ·