support Image

support

Is their a 3 phase energy meter alternative as there is no em24 availability at the moment
  • I have just installed a 3 phase ESS system with 3 quattro 8000's on a 100 amp supply and found it impossible to get hold of a Em24 or alternative to use with CT clamps.. Carlo Gavazzi UK told me today it would probably be April by time they have the parts and have started shipping them..!(That is a long time to wait!) No one has any thing in stock...Is their an alternative or is it possible to make another meter work for 3 phase victron users?

chris-creative-living-spaces asked
daniel-feist edited ·

4 Answers

Victron Multiplus & Quattro Support Florida

Looking for recommendations on a knowledgeable Florida tech for troubleshooting Multiplus & Quattro along with conversion of boat to Lithium house bank.

rogeremeadows asked

0 Answers

Inverter RS Smart Solar 48/6000/100 error #42

I have a system installed for over a year and works fine all the time except for when I encouter an event that the batteries are going low and the inverter shuts down. When this happens it is was nightmare to have the system restart and now I couldn't restart the inverter at all. The system comes up with error #42 Inverter shut down (PV isolation).I get this error continuously even when the inverter is disconnected from the PVs and disconnected from any 220V line (L, N and E) are are disconnected. All voltages and grounding resistances that I measure seem to make sense.
Although I can not get the inverter to work, the batteries get charged so the solar control and chargers do work normal.

Firmware version is v1.10

chemmy asked
nickdb commented ·

2 Answers

How to get Victron Support if seller doesn't respond and forum doesn't answer?

Hi Community.

I have multiple problems and questions with Victron-products.

Victron can not be contacted directly.

The company who sold me the victron products does not respond. (Generic answer, says they are overloaded, will respond in a couple of day, but never respond)

I have three forum questions without an answer. A forth one coming this evening.

I have multiple problems (also outside of the three posts I made) and no one to turn to.

What can I do? What am I doing wrong?

raphael303 asked
nickdb commented ·

3 Answers

Multiplus 24v 3000w not showing up on Victron Connect - What does the Digital Multi Control do???

I have the VE Multiplus 24v 3000w inverter and it does not show up as a device in my Victron Connect list of devices. It does show up on the VRM, but not in Victron Connect. I have the Digital Multi Control as well but I unplugged it because having it plugged in meant that I could not access the settings on the Multiplus, or so I've been told.

What am I doing wrong here?

What is the digital multi control actually for? What does it actually do?

How can I access the Multiplus settings?

Can anyone please help me understand these elements and how they both work together?

allswell asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Inverter "Low battery voltage and excessively high load."

My Multiplus inverter is showing the error code for Low battery voltage and excessively high load. It has been working fine for months but is suddenly throwing this error when I tried to use my 1800 Watt Air Fryer. I unplugged the airfryer and reset the inverter a few times, but it is still throwing this error. The battery voltage looks good and the batteries are fully charged, so I'm not sure what would be causing this error. I've used the air fryer 50 times before and never had an issue. Checked all fuses and breakers and everything looks good, but I feel like I must be missing something because how can it be saying excessively high load when there is now no load at all?

We were able to get the outlets connected to work again by connecting the inverter to shore power, but as soon as this was unplugged the outlets stopped working again.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ericvde asked
ericvde edited ·

1 Answer

Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 12-Volt 30 amp Charge Cycle Interrupted

For some reason, I got my new 4S 12 volt 150 ah battery and bms went to charge and as the picture shows the inital cycle gets interrupted and never makes it past absorption.

[image]

I have another one, a few months old, exactly the same and the charger works flawlessly with it.

First image here is of the 3 cells reading perfectly the same.

[image]

and the last cell to make a 12v battery pack reads

[image]

Which is why I think it is not fully charging.

As the charger is plugged in the built in volt meter reads 14.2 but as soon as I unplug it it changes immediately to

[image]

Of course, as many before me has noted it does nothing and gets stuck in the absorption mode phase. The charger will change to a new cycle if it sees a voltage or feeds current for 4 consecutive seconds. This works.

Any help is highly appreciated, thank you

Guardianwill

guardianwill asked

0 Answers

New Victron Multiplus 2000 Defective and Victron Isn't Fixing Issue

I need urgent help from Victron. A very long story short, my brand new mulitplus 2000 is defective and I have been without my new trailer for 3 months now trying to get it fixed from the dealership. They have sent the multiplus off to the repair center, they sent it back after a month, and it is exactly the same as before and they really didn't repair or do anything besides a software update (so they said). I have to have my trailer next week and the repair center told the dealership they need the multiplus sent back to them. They refused to pay for expedited shipping, and say they cannot just send a new unit to get me going. I paid for what I thought was top of the line product from Victron, wishing now I had spent less money for another brand that would actually work, and have customer support. Can anyone help me please?!

tjbarney asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

0 Answers

Victron Support

So after a lengthy wait for some support on a parallel 48/5000 uk setup I am very disappointed with Victron Support.

I install these units as an Electricain. I have done so for some time now and know how and what there like as single unit setup's, They are good units.

But support has let me down on one of my customers installs.

They do not seem to accept there is an issue with a Parallel setup, grid set point is never achieved (mentioned on here a few times)

Also when in parallel you lose the normal fast response to get with single CT clamp setup.

When just using the Et112 the response is too slow, using an induction hob as an example, it just pulls from the grid and by the time the inverter responds the hob cycles and the inverter starts dumping to the grid!

After 2 weeks of escalating this is the response I got.

(UK Supplier)I think we are at the end of the road on this. The 'Official' line from Victron is

“The data you read is a calculated value and also with some deviation, it’s not scientifically to say the least

You can change the grid setpoint if you want.”

Disappointed to say the least and will not install these units with the impression on great victron support like I use too.

kmorgan asked
jetstram61 commented ·

2 Answers

What Can a Distributor Diagnose Remotely that a Qualified Engineer Can't Locally?

My distributor keeps pressuring me into giving them remote access to my system. I don't really trust them as they haven't demonstrated much professionalism in their after-sales support. What could a distributor diagnose remotely that a qualified engineer with the proper tools couldn't diagnose with direct physical access to the entire system?

My system consists of a CerboGX/Touch50, Smart Solar 250/100, Multiplus 48/5000, and Pylontech US3000 batteries. The problem I'm having is likely due to the Pylontechs.

agroventuresperu asked
nickdb answered ·

3 Answers

Mppt Networked operation, Charge Voltage to high, why? need help
Hello, I have a new ESS system running. I have now noticed that the Charge Voltage is automatically set to 60.80V. That's way too high. I have always set 54V as max. in all settings. Even if I turn DVCC on or off, it stays at 60.80V. I use a LiFePo4 48V battery without BUS BMS. I do not know anymore. With a charging voltage of 60.80V there is no way I can run the system.

[image]

robbe01 asked
woodsholly83 answered ·

5 Answers

Can't install my VRM on boat I purchased

I purchased a boat with Victron components and can't add an installation as ot says all admins have been notified.

I've contacted the previous owner (who is now halfway around the world) but he wasn't the one who set it up, he had someone else set it up for him several years back. He reached out to that person, but they apparently are cruising somewhere in South America and never got back to him or me.

I tried going through Victron support but it just points me to the manuals which is not helpful in this case.

Could Victron Support please contact me and help me add the installation?

Thank you in advance,

-nick

ubuntu asked
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

2 Answers

Open Ground on Victron Multiplus 12/300

I have a Victron Energy Multiplus Inverter/Charger 12/3000, 120V. With each of the 110v outlets I am getting an open ground upon testing. The Lynx Distributor 1000 system is chassis grounded as recommended. All three of my 110V outlets are GFCI outlets, each of them on a separate 20 amp breaker. I changed one of the outlets to a standard 110V outlet which still showed a Open Ground. Do you have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Carter Carlson
imediamix@yahoo.com

carterc asked
Alistair Warburton answered ·

1 Answer

Cant connect to my cerbo through VRM portal due to installer registering first

I Cant connect to my cerbo through VRM portal due to installer registering first. He is no longer available. How can i get it removed so i can access it.

borgy90 asked
borgy90 commented ·

1 Answer

brand new multiplus doesn't start

I have a Victron Multiplus Compact Inverter 24/2000/50- Newly unboxed and installed. There is absolutely no power to the unit, not a flicker. Any suggestions as to what this can be? All the wiring is correct and switches on and Dip switches in the right places- default

saint-thy asked
Jason - UK commented ·

5 Answers

30 Posts
30 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Alexandra
22 Points
Kienan
0 Points