question

Bryan Daugherty avatar image
Bryan Daugherty asked

Warranty Support Timeline

I opened a warranty support ticket on February 14th for an Isolation Transformer that was faulty on installation. I purchased on Amazon through an authorized retailer. I was advised early in the process they would do a full refund if I wanted to order a replacement. We ordered the replacement and it worked perfectly with no changes to the system but now the process has stalled. The retailer claims they are waiting on Victron to approve the refund. We are now ~45 days into the process with no resolution. I expected Victron to support their products better. Is this normal?

Isolation Tranformersupportwarranty
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Bryan Daugherty avatar image
Bryan Daugherty answered ·

Here is an interesting turn of events. Today everything was processed. We still are waiting to find out where to send the unit but the issue seems to be resolved. Thank you for the support.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Victron approve RMA’s, ie replacements quickly. Refunds will be down to the reseller, not Victron, who ultimately would receive the replacement.

Experiences with Amazon retailers may vary, something the vendor doesn’t have control over.

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Bryan Daugherty

Not normal.

The only times I have seen delays (besides mishandling or slow follow up) is when there is a number of devices from a single user returning for RMA - which is understandable or when there are cases where there is a potential installation cause and it is possible that the installer is not being forthright.

If you are transparent with details of the installation (details, diagrams, pictures etc) usually it is plain sailing.

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I was once told, after 2 weeks, that they were “waiting for victron to approve”, which was technically correct, as they had only submitted the RMA hours before..
1 Like 1 ·
Bryan Daugherty avatar image Bryan Daugherty commented ·
We were very transparent with pictures and details of the installation so I don’t think that is the issue. This is a clear case of a defective product. I am unclear on the reason for the holdup. The replacement unit we purchased directly booted right up and has performed just fine.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Assuming it is an authorised retailer, they'd have to liaise with their distributor, who'd decide whether to repair or replace.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.