victron Image

victron

multiplus 5000/24 transfer swich 50 or 100

Good afternoon, I have a technical inquiry buy a Victron Multiplus in 2014 5000/24/120/50 but both in the housing and in the attached serial number of the equipment, it says that it has the transfer switch of 100A internally the chip that carries is the 50 the 2649151.hex. I bought a new quattro 24/8000 and I want to sell the old MultiPlus but it's complicated by that problem, it makes people suspicious. Any explanation? It happens often? Thank you

toni1984 asked
JohnC answered ·

5 Answers

Output Amps on IP65 12v/15a in charging mode only .4 Amps

Good day all:- Please advise, when I purchased my Van, it was supplied with the IP65 12v/15 amp Blue smart charger. Also installed is a 12v fridge/freezer and a deep cycle Gel Enertec 674D-RED battery. When this unit is in power supply mode, I only get 0,4 amps out of the unit which is not enough for the 150w fridge to run*(switches on and off) Once I disconnect the 674D-Red Enertec Battery I get upwards of 4.6 amps. In Charging mode, I get .7 amps, but the fridge still does not run. Please advise what could be the problem.

leopard-junkie asked
leopard-junkie answered ·

1 Answer

Storage charge at 70% SOC all of a sudden ?

Recently my system is doing this...
It only "float" charges when surely should be on "bulk" I would assume? And then 15-20min later it switches to "storage" charge despite SOC only being 74%. No changes made to settings which have been working fine for over a year. AGM batteries btw, the only similar issue I had two weeks ago was that one second the system showed SOC as 75% and about 2min later showed 100% !

Any ideas? How to fix, as I am paying tonight for an electric supply specifically to recharge my batteries and its only trickle charging? ☹️

[image]

[image]

leecor asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

2 Answers

Recording the power consumption of different devices using the EM24 / Cerbo GX

Hi everybody,

in the near future I will uprade my existing installation with a battery and victron components.
The system will look like this:
Energy-Meter: Victron EM24 (replaces the exisiting Sunny-Home-Manager 2.0)
System-Controller: Victron Cerbo GX
Battery Inverter: Victron Multiplus 2 48/5000
PV-Inverter: SMA Tripower 15000

Now the question:
Is it possible with this Victron-setup to record the power consumption of single devices (e.g. heat-pump)?
At the moment I'm doing this with the Sunny-Home-Manager, which reads the S0-Signal of a standard DIN-Rail-meter using the Smart-Appliance-Enabler running on a Raspberry PI.
All the data is shown in the SMA Sunny-Portal.

I havent't read anything about reading the S0-Signal with an EM24 or the Cerbo GX.
For sure another option would be to install an additional energy-meter (ET340) just for the heat-pump.
But this would be an expensive solution.
Has anybody another idea how to realize that?

mb4331 asked

0 Answers

Victron Wiring Example - MultiPlus II with Lithium, Cerbo GX and new Lynx Smart BMS

Victron Energy produces loads of great schematic drawings to help you plan your wiring. This is the first in a series of schematic drawings and it features the new Lynx Smart BMS together with the MultiPlus II with two 120v circuits. You can see there is solar and alternator charging as this is would be a complex install for an RV in the US for example.

[image]

Here is a link to the full-sized pdf.

Jono (Victron Energy Staff) asked
diyglenn answered ·

3 Answers

Victron minimal setup

hi,

I have 2 eg4 batteries(48v, lifepower4). I plan on buying a multiplus2 48v. Do I need anything else to configure this setup? Assuming I can install the ve-configure sw on pc and connecti without any other adapters in-between?

Couple of other questions:

- I don't think the eg4 batteries can communicate with multiplus as per other threads. Is there any danger of it being overcharged or drained fully

- I plan to charge the batteries at night and discharge during the day. Assuming this is possible with ve-configure

- anything else I need to be aware of?

thank you

rag asked
rag edited ·

4 Answers

SOC shows 100% but not exactly

[image]

I notice that my batteries never reach float or maximum absorption (unless I plug into shore power) because my SOC is already 100%. For example, if my SOC reads 50% and there’s enough sun, my SOC will get to 100% but my batteries don’t show full absorption. However, if my SOC has the same 50% reading and I plug into shore power, the batteries will eventually go to float after absorption, but when I unplug, they instantly drop to a reading of around half full despite the SOC still reading 100% It will maintain voltage and work fine, but I notice I will lose power and get a low battery warning when the SOC reads 30%-45%. There also is an exclamation point on the settings icon in the top right of my VE.Bus Smart HQ21083Y19T page, but when I go there, there is nothing that indicates an issue. Above are screenshots of that page before I unplug and directly after unplugging from shore power with charger on float and SOC reads 100%. What needs to be done? Thank you kindly and in advance for any ways to rectify this and get things synced up again.

willow2022 asked
snoobler answered ·

2 Answers

Battery not Charging

We have wired up a 3phase using 5KVA with a Freedom Won LiTE 20/16 battery. Everything is working perfectly from the measurement to the AC in.

When the AC IN is connected (we have not connected the solar yet) the battery is not charging,

How can I make it charge? Can anyone assist me with this?

[image]

Lindsay asked
nickdb commented ·

2 Answers

Configure Multiplus without a PC

Is this possible yet? Id rather not buy a Windows PC just to change my Multiplus settings.

The system will have a Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50. Is there any other way to accomplish changing setting on the Multiplus without buying a PC? Bluetooth dongle?

showtime3 asked
Russell Brown commented ·

5 Answers

Victron 2,000 kw Inverter EMF Output

Hi – I am getting a van converted and it was suggested to fit a Victron 2,000 kw Inverter so that we can use appliances when we are not connected to a campsite hookup. I am sensitive to EMF’s so have to be careful when using things like mobile phones and WiFi and therefore check the EMF output of any electrical devices that I will be near. Does this inverter generate an EMF output, and if so can you advise whether this is only when it is being used? Thanks.

estherc asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

MPPT 450 200 - Leakage current

I have installed MPPT RS 450 200 with Multiplus II 8000VA and BYD Batteries.

There is a leak voltage between the body of the electrical panel and earth. the leakage is only when the MPPT is charging (not in idle state). 6-7 volts are measured between the body and earth. So I guess there is a PV voltage leak from inside the RS? did anyone experience this and what is the most convenient solution.

Thank you in advance,

M. K. asked
M. K. commented ·

0 Answers

Utilisation optimale du surplus de production PV vers chauffe-eau ( site isolé )

Bonjour !

je possede actuellement un systeme PV composé de 1600w crete de panneaux PV ; un regulateur de charge smartsolar 150/35 , un onduleur Multiplus 48/3000/35 ainsi que 3 batteries Pylontech US 2000

Tout fonctionne parfaitement mais j aurai besoin de conseil afin de connecter un chauffe-eau qui ne fonctionnerait que lorque le parc de batterie est plein ( c a d lorsque le regulateur limite la puissance fournie par les panneaux )

Actuellement je branche/debranche le chauffe eau manuellement sur ma sortie "generale" CA un fois le parc plein mais j aurai souhaité créer un circuit independant pouvant profiter du courant "non exploité" un fois ma conso courante " assouvie "

peut on dans ce cas de figure utiliser la sortie prevue initiialement pour la reinjection reseau ou cela risque t il de creer un probleme ?

Merci par avance pour vos 'lumieres"

azrael23 asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

6 Answers

Pylontech US2000c Alarm - Internal Failure Alarm - Temperature Sensor Broken?

I have a system with 4 Pylotech US2000C + 4 Pylontech US2000 Pus 95.

My system consists of the following components and is grid connected

• 3 x Victron Multipluss 48/5000/70
  • 1 x CerboGX
  • 2 x Mppt 250/100
  • 4 Pylotech US2000C
  • 4 Pylontech US2000 Pus 95.

The system and the batteries have been working without problems since 04.May.2022.
Since 26.May.22 the red LED on one of the US2000C is up and I get an alarm in the CERBO GX: "Internal Failure Alarm - 512"

I have already run the ESS on "Keep Baterie Charged" for 3 days without success.

The batteries are in a rack in my house and have the same ambient temperature in the rack. However, one cell shows me 0 degrees Celsius as the minimal temperature.

Is this a fault that I can correct or does this battery need to be changed?

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

@Ned Yu (Pylontech)

funkybigdude asked
rittschie commented ·

4 Answers

Appairage BatteryProtect HQ2132JXTXE et Orion Smart HQ2137XNUMZ par Bluetooth

Bonjour,

Mon installateur m'a installé BatteryProtect HQ2132JXTXE et Orion Smart HQ2137XNUMZ.

Sous son contrôle, j'ai installé l'appli Victron Connect. Lors de la première utilisation dans son garage mon téléphone Galaxy A20 ne s'est pas appairé par le Bluetooth avec les 2 appareils.

Arrivé chez moi, j'ai reussi à appairé mon téléphone avec les 2 modules et j'ai pu changer les 2 mots de passe et voir les informations.

Depuis, j'ai renouveler l'accès plusieurs fois sans succès...

Merci pour toute information.

pri asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) commented ·

0 Answers

Victron VE panel

Dear Victron Community

I have been looking for a pre-wired distribution panel for multis and quattros. While watching one of the videos from the explolist, i learnt that catualy victron has one called VE panel. I have asked so many distributors and they seem to be green about it. There is no video on youtube or victron website of the same item. Do you guys know where i can get one?Is there anyone with an experience of using one?

Secondly i am also looking dor Multi RS with two trackers again there are not available with so many dealers in Europe. any help

atwijukye asked

0 Answers

149 Posts
139 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

nickdb
70 Points
snoobler
70 Points