question

tailele avatar image
tailele asked

Multi RS Solar Dual trackers with addition of a second MPPT

Good morning, I ask for support in pairing two Victron products. My intention is to purchase a Multi RS Solar Dual tracker. Looking at the instruction manual, it is suggested to use a Smart Solar Mppt Rs in combination in case the two internal trackers are not sufficient to charge the battery storage and you have other photovoltaic panels available. I wanted to ask if, as an alternative to the Smart Solar MPPT, another MPPT could be used such as Smart solar MPPT 150/100 VE.Can?

support
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tailele

You can use what you want for the panels you have.

So start with looking at your panels and configuration.

Basically on CAN you can have 25 devices there. I have many systems with mixes of ve direct and ve can mppts of all sizes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tailele avatar image
tailele answered ·

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I have prepared a quick connection diagram. Inside the diagram the switch between the batteries and the linx distributor is missing. I would like to have your suggestion if everything adds up or if you see any critical issues based on the products I have selected. I would add that the sizing of the mppts was done via the online configurator following the specifications drawn up by the panel manufacturer, so I don't expect any surprises. Thank youcattura.png

cattura.png (553.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.